Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what do yall think about all the recent attacks on talk radio?

Post what do yall think about all the recent attacks on talk radio?

go to drudgereport.com and you'll see a senator on audio saying he heard hillary and boxer talking about the need for legislative action to control talk radio...Chavezesque no?

broward county attempted to remove emergency warnings to the station that carries the talk radio heavy weights...NICE! you should go to rushlimbaugh.com and hear them actually DEFEND the action....calling it free market!

freedom of speach has you lefties all fussy lately...

Re: what do yall think about all the recent attacks on talk radio?

Talk radio and ALL pundit media are dangerous in some regards as that some believe that these programs bring them unbiased, go to information that is beyond reproach. Few or none of these types of programs are and many give the viewers/listeners a good deal of misinformation, too.

When ever there's a political agenda...right or left...you can be sure that anything presented will be with a slant to appease the regular audience.

But, as much as I do think certain media venues are sadly skewed, I would not ever support any being run off air. What I would wish is that more people got it that some program agendas are indeed skewed and to take it all in with a grain of salt..... and look for a balance of information.

ITA. Also, for sooner or later all the nastiness and hatred some of the talk hosts spew (on both sides) will end up getting them in the end. People will stop listening and that will be that.

yep...Rush has been going strong since 1989....audience growing more even today... anyday people will stop listeneing...

tick...tick....tick....

Post Re: what do yall think about all the recent attacks on talk radio?

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    yep...Rush has been going strong since 1989....audience growing more even today... anyday people will stop listeneing...

tick...tick....tick....
    I have no doubt that Rush will continue as long as he wants to and have a loyal audience. But, he's not helping anyone in the grand scheme of things. Rush is like all the other politcally driven pundits (right or left). The goals are not so much to inform as it is to divide. Pit Americans against others Americans politcally. Making the case that's there's there's a right (no pun intended) side or a wrong side.

Without division, there's no audience. IMHO, one of the big dangers in this country ARE the paid agenda pundits and also this all can be directly, or indirectly, applied to the two party system in this country. Parties who can NOT work together for the good of all, parties who must be foes of the opposite party, parties/pundits who's goals are to destroy each other.

I'd love to see a viable third party emerge will a "for all" agenda. I'll never see it in my life time while it takes a gazillion dollars for a candidate to run for president.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie View Post
    ITA. Also, for sooner or later all the nastiness and hatred some of the talk hosts spew (on both sides) will end up getting them in the end. People will stop listening and that will be that.
    I won't hold my breath....lol. Too many love the nastiness and hatred spewed. Actually, it's a pretty sad statement on the parts of society who enjoy it so much. Too bad the old Three Musketeers statement still doen't hold up....

All for one and one for all.

:-(

Some time ago, I heard Neil Boortz admit a telling truth. He said that if anyone believes anything he says on the radio he would be crazy. So, in essence, it is all about entertaining the angry white man and making money for the station's corporate sponsors.

Hannity, Boortz, O'Reilly, Savage, et. al., are really not journalists, they are shills for the radical-right corporate fascists. They spew racist, homophobic, jingoistic, and xenophobic hate-speech designed to mollify the have-nots and hide the real agenda of the corporate- and Christo-fascists who have made frightening inroads on our liberties and freedoms.

I would never support silencing any talk-show host, no matter how egregious. I do believe in freedom of speech. However, since the demise of the FCC's equal-time regulations, we now have a situation where opposing views are no longer allowed on the air in the right-wing corporate-controlled media.

We must bring back equal-time provisions or we may end up at in the trash-heap of history along with Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, and the Soviet Union.

We have made the mistake in this country of tolerating intolerance. A grave error that can only serve to destroy tolerance and, with it, the very foundations of our democracy.

boortz, rush and the others do bring factual events to the attention of the audience and they do give their takes..and it does line the pockets of corporate sponsors..that is what radio does

they are journalists and they are entertainers as well and they are successful based on their large audience....why does left winged radio fail? why does it require welfare from soros instead of surviving in the open market?

why do you call these people homophobic? what is racist about any of them?...do you have any examples? or does it just make you feel better to spew out a paragraph of left winged "catch words" that gives your take a "holier than thou" perception?

what type of inroads have they made that threaten your's or anybody's freedom?

equal time would mean "down time" once the left start up their stuff.... nobody wants to listen to that same broken record...

the only thing we need to fear is people like clinton and boxer who want to regulate free speach... those are the ones with the swastikas...not Rush.... the dems are the ones who disrespect the constitution that protects individual rights as opposed to the "mob rule" mentality of the dems and the soviets...

tell me how rush and boortz are intolerant... intolerant of things that violate the constitution?...intolerant of breaking the law? when you want to regulate free speach, whose being intolerant?