Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What top scientists think (and shouldn't we listen?)

Re: What top scientists think (and shouldn't we listen?)

Go to Los Angeles, CA and breathe that fine air, too....lol

Post Re: What top scientists think (and shouldn't we listen?)

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    there is nothing "dramatic" about the temperature change over the last 100 years..based on what I've read, there have been many more dramatic changes before humans arrived...

I don't understand how you can just piss more jobs away and weaken an economy that has direct impacts on families on junk and speculative science

the U.S. is a LOT more responsible than other areas of the world when it comes to pollution.....go to Lima Peru...smell the leaded gas.... but nobody barks at them because they are 3rd world.... Let's not be so quick to join them..
    So you don't think man's activities have contributed to making the world much warmer? You think it's just a natural process that we can't change?
    My point is- whether or not it is just part of a natural process, we know that our fossil-fuel based culture is only accelerating the process.....and we are already seeing the repercussions of dramatic climate change. How do you think it's going to negatively impact our economy when we have a steady stream of Katrina-like events...not to mention the increased drought, disease and pest problems that will effect all areas of our lives?
    Sitting back and doing nothing is just not an option anymore......and I really can't understand that mindset.
    And right, we do have better pollution controls than many third-world countries......or countries like China. But this isn't just a pollution problem- it's far greater than that. It goes to our very way of life, our culture and economy only based on burning fossil fuels. We just can't afford that anymore.

? I wonder if any of you who are all for Kyoto even have any clue as to what it is (which is really only a wealth transfer) how does "buying" carbon credits clean up the earth. If I keep emmitting the same gasses and you eliminate 5% and I give you money for that 5% all it does is put money in your pocket and take it out of mine.

you know, when you think about it a little bit, its quite brilliant really. The UN actually has found a way to get the entire world on a level economic playing field but preying on peoples fears and getting us to think that we are actually doing something save the planet and feel good about giving money to these countries that are actually causing harm to our air quality (which we should be trying to fix) Its quite funny really.

Kyoto is only a beginning. And nobody is claiming that that is the be-all or end-all of environmental responsibility- of course not. There are certainly concerns there.....but that's the real point- the issue needs to be addressed. We need to get involved in a major way- something that just hasn't happened under an administration unable to pay attention competently to anything not in its rigid ideological agenda.
    Don't like Kyoto? Fine- let's get back to the table and change it. We need to lead the way. It's in our best economic interests in the long run....and yes, as the country using much more than our fair share of precious resources, as well as polluting more than our fair share, we have a moral imperative to act. I don't see anything funny about what's happening.

way to go ridfan...RIGH ON.. none of these greenpeace freaks want to acknowledge the carbo credit aspect of all this crap... follow the freaking money trail and you will get to the bottom of all this hog wash...

I can't believe reines you think katrina is due to mankind...WOW..how's the koolaid?

carbon credits will end up being the biggest commodity... ENRON will make millions.

You think you KNOW we are accelerating the process huh?.... WOW!!!

The person who gives me the biggest laugh in this whole fiasco is Al Gore, who continues to live the same basic way he always has, and justifies it by buying carbon credits from a company he owns. Way to go Al!!!

Post Re: What top scientists think (and shouldn't we listen?)

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    I can't believe reines you think katrina is due to mankind...WOW..how's the koolaid?
    Hey bigeasy, warmer ocean temperatures mean bigger and more severe hurricanes- that's accepted fact.