Thread: DWTS Winner Faces Up to 35 Years in the Slammer

blog DWTS Winner Faces Up to 35 Years in the Slammer

Hélio Castroneves faces jail time for tax evasion along with his sister and lawyer.

More...

Post Re: DWTS Winner Faces Up to 35 Years in the Slammer

Sigh~~I am so disappointed. I was a big Helio/Julianne fan and have always followed Helio's racing career. He's such an upbeat and lively fellow, great personality,...it certainly seems like he was lead astray by the people around him...I doubt, as a foreigner, he really paid close attention to his money...he concentrated on racing and he had accountantants and attorneys who handled his money for him. Was it really necessary to put him in handcuffs? Its not like he's a violent criminal!

Re: DWTS Winner Faces Up to 35 Years in the Slammer

Yeah, I was genuinely surprised to read this news. Also didn't realize he divorced right after DWTS and lives "alone in a mansion" now. That sounds kinda creepy. Like someone locked him away.
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike

Post Re: DWTS Winner Faces Up to 35 Years in the Slammer

Helio has never been married. He was engaged when he started dancing on DWTS, he & his girlfriend had dated for several years. But during the show, he & the fiancee broke off their engagement(the rumors were that the fiancee was jealous of Helio being so friendly and so "hot" with Julianne, but Helio said they had had problems in their relationship for a long time). Helio lives in Miami with a really cute puppy Our local sportscaster went down there to interview him last year and got a tour of his home...its beautiful.

Re: DWTS Winner Faces Up to 35 Years in the Slammer

Wow, interesting how people seem to just make things up as they go eh? I'm really bummed he's in this trouble, especially since he seems so upset over it. Poor guy.
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike