Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I'm reading two books now

Hybrid View

Post I'm reading two books now

and not making much headway with either because I have been so busy. One is called "Devil In The White City" and is a story, based on fact, of a Jack The Ripper style killer who commit his crimes during a World's Fair in the 1800's. The other book I'm reading is the newest Hannibal book, the one about his childhood. Gruesome twosome, eh?

Re: I'm reading two books now

I loved Devil in the White City! Yeah, grisly at times, but really fascinating. I had never known any of the history of the Fair before that. Loved the involvement of the architects and the search to find something that would out do the Eiffel Tower.

I haven't read Hanibal. Let me know if it's worth adding to my list. The first reviews on it were pretty weak so I didn't look for it, then forgot it existed.
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

i need to start reading and writting again

Post Re: I'm reading two books now

I'm reading HP & the Order of the Phoenix (for at least the third time) right now, getting ready for the movie to come out. Next on my list is HP & the Half-Blood Prince (will be the third time), to get ready for book #7 to come out. Over the weekend I picked up "The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary". I like that kind of "behind-the-scenes" stuff. I read a great book a few years ago called "A Rum Affair" about a botanist who faked discovering new species of plants. I know it might sound a little dry but these academic types can be just an intense as some soap opera characters I've seen!
    My so-called life...

I am reading Sherlock Holmes and a harlequin

I'm reading mary higgins clark ; two little girls in blue and dean Koontz the husband .

I am reading Neanderthal by John Darnton and waiting for Jean Auel to release a new book.

Post Re: I'm reading two books now

Quote Originally Posted by sable_mom4 View Post
    I am reading Neanderthal by John Darnton and waiting for Jean Auel to release a new book.
    Is Neanderthal any good?