Thread: Premiere Episode

Post Premiere Episode

I don't know, it didn't really grab me. I'll have to give it another watch on the web site later on. I think the lead actress is kind of bland.

Re: Premiere Episode

I bummed you didn't like it mtj. I really really loved it. But I'm also an ex X-Files fan. Love the direction of pseudo-science rather than aliens, etc. Also loved the humorous bits. And double surprised at Joshua Jackson's character. At first glance I thought "Oh great, more Pacey" but as the episode went on it really started to grow. Also love the "Catch Me If You Can" part of his character.
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike

Post Re: Premiere Episode

Like I said, I'll give it another shot. I have a hard time watching TV with commercials in it. I may like it better when I watch it on web stream.

Post Re: Premiere Episode

I think it was a good start. I rarely fall in love with a pilot episode. Usually the writers are trying to tell us who everyone is and why they matter in such a short time that the story is a bit of a mess.

When Bones started, I watched the first one and really didn't like it at all. I think it was mid season before I tried it again and fell in love with what they'd done. Then some shows grab me right away. Lost and Heroes both did that for me (I can't remember if they had extended first episodes or if they were only an hour). I think Fringe was in between. It wasn't perfect, but I liked it a lot, well enough to give it a few more episodes to get rolling. It helps that the creator is someone I'm inclined to trust with a story, at least for a season or two (really hoping Lost is great this year).

I liked the female lead, looks-wise. Kind of Cate Blanchette-ish. And the genius son is pretty good, like the smart bad boy with a good heart. I was surprised that Mark Valley got offed, I thought he was a regular cast member. Oh, and I loved seeing Blair Brown.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they lay out each weeks investigation. I think Abrams said that the episodes would be stand-alones as a rule but that the big arc would hold them all together. I hope he/they pull it off.
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

Just a little hint, in the preview for future episodes, we get a little teaser that Mark Valley will indeed be back.

Oh, and they did mention reanimation a number of times throughout last nights show. Creeeeeepy!
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike

I agree it wasn't as frenzied feeling as some other series premiers have been. But it was interesting. I'm going to follow it for a while and see how it goes.
    "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. Thatís why we call it the present."