Thread: Rita

Post Rita

I am so upset they killed off Rita.. Whats going to be next year? Are Astor and Cody going to be with Dexter or will they go to live with her mother or Pauls parents? Great show..

Re: Rita

I didnt get to catch to many of the epi's of Dexter. I wanted to see the hype because of an insident around our town where a young man killed his brother because he wanted to be like Dexter. Yea really sad I know.
    I happen to tune into the end of that epi you are discussing and was really saddened to see that baby on the bathroom floor covered in blood while his mother was dead in the bathtub. The flashbacks showed Dexter as a baby with blood on him as well. What is the story behind that? Is that why hes what he is? I think I will look into seeing all the epi's. The show was pretty interesting to say the least

Exactly... It is done in a clever style, he is a serial killer you actually want to root for straightening out and taking a different path. He seems oddly redeemable, but it is fiction and very obvious done tongue in cheek. So, while there was a news article referencing one individual who said Dexter made him do it, that wannabee was full of baloney. He may of copied a wee bit, but he was long gone before watching Dexter. You can't turn on a dime in a vacuum. A serial killer has a history. You have to have experienced a trauma, with continued hard times. Or had no follow up & been unable to deal with it... The show Dexter, is TV, it is a great who done it. There is always another element besides Dexter at play. A nice range of visiting actors drop by for changing story lines. I love the show Dexter. Some of it is drama, some comedy, and a lot is twists and turns. The writing is exceptionally fun. The last episode tied up a lot of loose ends and earlier references and clues. It touched on Dexter's beginning, the foreshadowing demise of Rita, and then left you hanging with the bathroom scene... I may want to read the book it is based on.
    Last edited by tver2006; 12.27.09 at 7:28 PM. Reason: so you could read it

I was upset also that they killed Rita. I'm fairly new to Dexter. I watched seasons 1-4 in the last 2 months. I have to wait for season 5 to come to dvd. What season did you like the best?
    Season 1 Ice Truck Killer.
    Season 2 Lila
    Season 3 Miguel (Jimmy Smits)
    Season 4 Trinity Killer (John Lithgow)

I would have to vote season 3 I loved Miguel.

I liked season 4 the best so far.. altho every season was fantastic.. Thought John Lithgow as trinity was a very chilling performance.. My son, who is 18 liked season 1 the best. He liked Dexter alone more then in a family setting... Its really hard to pick a "best" season for me.

I liked John Lithgow also but I thought it started off kind of slow. It got great after the Thanksgiving Dinner, WOW!