Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Boards FAQ

Exclamation New Boards FAQ

I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike

Post Can I use old Tree Style here?

Yes you can! There are actually three different display options for viewing the forums here:

Linear
    :(oldest first)
    Posts are displayed chronologically from oldest to newest. Posts are shown in a flat mode so that many posts can be viewed simultaneously.

Linear: (newest first) Same as the above mode, except that posts are ordered in an opposite way (newest first).

Threaded:
    A tree is shown along with every post. This tree allows you to see the relationship each post has to others, in terms of who responded to whom. Only one post is shown at a time.

Hybrid: A mixture of both Linear and Threaded. The threaded tree box is on the top of the page and below you can view multiple posts.

Related: How do I switch between modes?
    RYPEPPER.COM

Post How do I switch display modes?

There are a currently two ways to switch between the Linear, Threaded and Hybrid display modes.

1. At the top of every page under the welcome message, there is a drop down box called Quick Links. Go there and choose Edit Options. You'll be taken to a new page that has a Control Panel on the left and a bunch of boxes on the right. Scroll down the page to the third box called Thread Display Options. The second option inside that box is called Thread Display Mode. Inside that, you should see a drop down menu with 4 options:
    • Linear: Oldest First
    • Linear: Newest First
    • Threaded
    • Hybrid
    Choose which one you want, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes. Voila!

OR

2. Inside any thread, there is a drop down menu called Display Modes above the first post or tree (depending upon which mode you are currently using). This is the quickest and easiest way to switch your view. Simply click the drop down menu and choose which mode you prefer!

Related: What are the different display modes?
    RYPEPPER.COM

Post What is Quick Reply/Advanced Reply?

Quick Reply is just that. A simple and fast version of a post entry box at the bottom of every thread page. It doesn't have all the whistles and bells of advanced, but makes it easier when you just want to type up a quick sentence or two.

If you want all the fun emoticons, font enhancments and code buttons, click on the Go Advanced button at the bottom of the Quick Reply box. Other ways to get the enhanced version:
    • Use the POST A REPLY button at the top and bottom left hand corners of every thread page.
    • Use the QUOTE button as a method of replying to a particular post. This always opens the enhanced reply page.
    Related: What do Quote and Multi-Quote do?
    RYPEPPER.COM

I don't see all the emoticons...

If, when in Advanced Mode, you dont see all the fun options like emoticons, font enhancements and code buttons (i.e. YouTube or Spoiler), it's a quick and simple fix.

At the top of every page there is a drop down menu called Quick Links. Go there and select Edit Options. This will bring you to a new page with a Control Panel on the left and a bunch of boxes on the right. Scroll all the way down to bottom of this page. You should see a box called Miscellaneous Options with Message Editor Interface inside. There are three options inside the drop down menu found there:
    • Basic Editor - A simple text box
    • Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls
    • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    Choose the Enhanced Interface option and click Save Changes. Voila!

*note* You will never see all the advanced options inside the Quick Reply box. It uses only the minimal amount of options for faster posting.
    RYPEPPER.COM

Post How-To Find Threads

There are multiple ways to search for and find the topics you are interested in posting about:
    • Main forum page: an entire listing of all available topics and threads. You can easily get there by clicking the coffeerooms image at the top left hand corner of the screen.