Thread: Swimming

Post Swimming

Wasn't that the most exciting men's freestyle relay last night? It was almost midnight and I was watching the race in bed. I was up on my feet jumping around when it finished. I was so glad the US pulled through and won. And I was happy that they got the National Anthem right this time...LOL!

Re: Swimming

Yea, I stayed up too and it was super exciting. The last member of the American team won by a fingertip!

I was watching and hollering, and my kids came into the room to see what I was yelling about. :-) That was the most incredible race ever, I think. Lezak was at least half a body length behind at the turn, and he just poured it on.
    I like monkeys.

Did everyone see the 800 freestyle last night? What an amazing sight, watching the men go so far ahead of the other teams. An awesome feat, breaking the 7 minute time. I have a serious crush on Phelps (who is young enough to be my son, yikes). I am really hoping that he can somehow keep it going and win the next 3 finals.
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

Phelps is amazing! It was incredible to see the US team make their turn and the other guys weren't even near the wall yet. I'm hoping MP continues to break all records.

Join the club, Annie--he's the same age as my oldest son. I think my crush is more maternal, anyway, which is somewhat disheartening. I forget that I'm not in my 20s sometimes (although my knees should be enough of a reminder that I'm not. Sheesh.)
    I like monkeys.