Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Time Traveler's Wife

Hybrid View

Post The Time Traveler's Wife

Is going into movie production this fall. I really hope they do a good job with it, I loved the book. Tentatively to star Eric Bana as Henry and Rachel McAdams as Claire. (I had to look them both up, I'm hopelessly out of the loop).

Re: The Time Traveler's Wife

Ooh.. if done right, this could be my new favorite movie. If done wrong, could break my heart. I really love the book. I have no clue who these actors are, which may be a good thing. I had a pretty strong mental image of Claire but don't know who I'd cast.
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

Post Re: The Time Traveler's Wife

She's a little younger than I pictured Claire, but I will give this the benefit of the doubt until I see the finished product.

Is the book that good? I bought it months ago and for some reason it keeps getting pushed to the back of the pile of books to read?

Oh yes, it's that good! I like non fiction, but I loved The Time Travelers Wife. It's a love story without being mushy.

Smile Re: The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife is one of my all-time faves.
    There is a really good audiobook version available from Audible.com. They have captured the emotions perfectly and it was great to listen to. You can listen to a sample on the audible.com website.
    I sure hope they have done a suitable job with the movie version.

Post Re: The Time Traveler's Wife

Quote Originally Posted by mtj View Post
    Is going into movie production this fall. I really hope they do a good job with it, I loved the book. Tentatively to star Eric Bana as Henry and Rachel McAdams as Claire. (I had to look them both up, I'm hopelessly out of the loop).
    i don't know who they are either. i'm hopelessly out of the loop too.

I will have to read this book, it sounds like my "cup of tea".
    Eric Bana is currently starring as Henry VIII in "The Other Boleyn Girl" which is based on a good book. And Rachel McAdams is really lovely, she was in "The Notebook".