Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should Sam be good or evil?

Re: Should Sam be good or evil?

I think she should be sober. I'm tired of seeing sloppy drunk Sam.

I agree with the poster above who talked about Jason & Sam being tough as nails for the outside world but tender with each other. But Sam is ruining their relationship and I'm about at the point where I'm OK with them breaking up IF Jason gets to be with Elizabeth (no one else ... Sam or Elizabeth).
    My so-called life...

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmy View Post

Should Sam McCall be written as a misunderstood, problem child or as a calculating and cold bad girl? As much as I'd hope she would develop in to a beautiful heroine on this show, it's pretty obvious she is not. SO, with no hope of her getting back together with Sonny in a way that suits me; after SIC sex, I don't want her with anyone! I'm thinking I would love for her to be E-V-I-L. What do you think??
    She's already evil--so, what's the dif? It's just that that evilness has manifested itself in her attitude towards Jason and Elizabeth.

Post Re: Should Sam be good or evil?

Quote Originally Posted by bardougle View Post
    She's already evil--so, what's the dif? It's just that that evilness has manifested itself in her attitude towards Jason and Elizabeth.
    I just don't get how Sam is "evil"? Because it looks to me like she's the victim here. Who spent months lying about such an important thing as having a child with another woman? It sure wasn't Sam.
    From my viewpoint, Jason and Elizabeth have acted just terribly- lying to those they supposedly love so much, even as those lies keep compounding. I don't buy into this noble "we're only doing it for Jake" crap they keep spouting. If Elizabeth had any real love for Lucky OR Jake OR Jason she'd never build such an ark of lies.....and then expect everyone else to float in it.
    I see Sam always trying to do the right thing....now. I just don't "get" where the 'evil" supposedly is.

I'm with you OhMy - I'd kind of like to see her turn E-V-i-L!
    We have Carly on the show, but she's not evil persay...not in the way I think Sam could be.

I thought we could use a real female villainness on this show! And with Maxie's pact with Logan, they could team up!

Re: Both

That is the problem. How to make her bad without making her Carly. She needs to carve out her own bad space--or take a very long, painful (yes, definitely that) road to redemption.

You make a good point.
    Not everyone can be Faith!

Ric needs somone to defend him. He's taken 200% of the blame for that ugly night. Maybe Sam slipped him a drug of some sort... ohhhh we're talking evil here.

And that's another reason why Jasam never worked (for me). A couple needs to complement--not be mirror images. The contrast of Jason and Sam was... where? Elizabeth is more a normal woman who has a normal woman's fear (hey, a normal person's fear) of that life--but not of Jason. Not that I want Liz to have to deal with that life but I think all sorts of tender drama can come out of Jason protecting Liz from that life (and if necessary, his crazy soon-to-be ex-girlfriend also) with everything he has; that will be awesome.