Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: SHUIS Picture of the Day: Part 7

Smile Saturday's Soothing SHUIS Summary & Pictures of the Day....

As they leave the Lobster Shack, Hank teases Luis that it wasn't so bad. Luis walks off by himself. As she stands with Hank and Lisa by the door, Beth warns Hank to leave Luis alone. It was too soon for him to go out with other people, just too close to Sheridan’s death. Luis sees a girl who looks like Sheridan from behind and he calls out to her. When she turns around, Luis sees that it is not Sheridan and he apologizes to the girl. Beth, Hank and Lisa all comment on how much Luis loved Sheridan.

On the island, Brian walks into the hotel lobby by himself, so Liz says, “Don’t tell me you lost your sea angel already.” Diana enters behind him. Liz asks if she enjoyed her tour of the island. She did and thinks it is a beautiful island. She wasn't paying as much attention to what she was seeing so she wants to walk around again in the morning. Doc suggests that she relax and not strain her mind too much to regain her memory. Diana says, “I’ll try. When Brian and I were down on the beach, I had a moment where I thought I might be Sheridan Crane.” Liz is surprised, “You did?” Diana replies, “Yeah. I read a story about her in the newspaper being lost at sea. But then Brian told me that her body had been found and identified. I can’t get her out of my mind, though. I -- I don’t know why.” Doc says, “I think I know why you can’t get Sheridan Crane out of your mind.” Diana stands in front of Doc, “Why? Tell me.” Doc replies, “Well, it’s simple, really. Diana here read about what happened to Sheridan Crane at sea. And her experiences were so similar, she’s just identifying with her. It’s no wonder you're upset, realizing how close you came to losing your own life out in the hurricane. I think all Diana needs is to be left alone so she can get a good night’s sleep. It'll help you forget all about this Sheridan Crane.”

Diana stands on the balcony in her nightgown looking at the stars when Brian knocks on the door and walks in saying, “I don’t mean to intrude. I just wanted to make sure you had everything you needed.” Pulling a shirt over her gown, she answers, “Yeah. I’m fine.” Brian says, “Good. You had kind of a faraway look in your eye when you were looking out the window. Anything come back to you?” She replies, “No. Nothing that makes any sense.” He comments, “Must be awful frustrating. Look, if there’s anything I can do for you, anything at all, just ask, ok?” She says, “You've been so kind. I -- I wouldn’t even know what to ask for. Except -- no. Forget it. It’s too silly.” Brian encourages her, “No, no, go ahead. Ask away.” She smiles, “You're going to think I’m crazier than you probably already do. I mean, it’s hotter than July here, and for some reason I have this terrible craving for a hot cocoa. Liz probably wouldn’t even have any.” He smiles, “Actually, I just happen to know where a secret stash is. Coming right up.” He leaves to get the cocoa. Diana says to herself, “Hot cocoa? I wonder where that came from.”

Walking along the wharf next to Luis, Beth asks, “Can’t stop thinking about her, can you?” Luis says ever so softly, “I try. Everything I see, everything I do, reminds me of her. The woman we saw just now -- I mean, I could've sworn it was Sheridan -- even though I know logically that it couldn’t be her. Her body was positively I.D.'D before she was cremated. But, honestly, I could've sworn that that woman was Sheridan.” Beth says, “Don’t feel bad. Anybody who lost the love of their life would feel the same way.” Luis speaks in a low voice, “Yeah. Even this place reminds me of her. We used to take long walks, and I’d take my jacket, put it around her to keep her warm, get hot cocoa. I can almost smell it now. You know, you're a real good sport, listening to me go on about Sheridan. Why don’t you go join Hank and Lisa? I’m sure they're much better company.” Beth replies, “No. Not to me, Luis. And just for the record, I don’t mind listening to you talk about Sheridan. I meant it when I said I really liked her.” Luis looks at her, “She liked you, too.” Beth adds, “And, besides, I owe you one. When my father died, you listened to me go on and on for I don’t know how long until I finally accepted his passing. And I want to be here for you until you get over Sheridan.” Luis takes a deep breath and looks out over the water.

Later as it is time to leave the wharf, Luis asks, “Are you going to be ok getting home by yourself?” Beth says she does it every night. She asks if he wants to come by for some hot cocoa, but he replies, “Oh, thanks. Not tonight. Maybe another time.” Luis thanks her for putting up with him even though he wasn't great company. Beth says that he doesn't have to be with her. Luis says, “No. I’m glad Hank got me to come out. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it was -- that -- that’s -- that’s not what I meant.” Beth says, “Don’t worry about it. I really do understand. Take care of yourself, you hear?” Luis replies, “I’ll do my best.” Beth leaves and Luis looks up at the moon.

Sitting on her bed with the shirt over her nightgown, Diana takes a sip of her cocoa, “Thank you. Mmm. This is good.” Brian says, “Well, people do tell me I make a mean cup of hot cocoa. So, does it remind you of anything?” She thinks that it should, but she isn't sure. He wishes he could help as does she, but he leaves to let her get some rest. Brian leaves and she looks over the balcony, “What is it? What am I feeling?” Sheridan (“Diana”) looks up at the moon, just as Luis is doing in Harmony, “Hello, moon. Are you looking over my friends and family, too? Where are they? Doesn’t anyone miss me?” She goes back inside her room and lays down on her bed as Luis whispers, “Good night, Sheridan.”

To be continued...

Thanks to Passions Central for the Shuis screen caps.
    Ann

Smile Sunday's Special Rose SHUIS Summary & Pictures of the Day.......

Asleep in his bedroom, Luis is restless. Sheridan’s voice calls, “Luis? Luis?” Luis groggily opens his eyes, and hears Sheridan’s voice again calling him. Lifting his head off the pillow, Luis asks, “Who’s here? I don’t see anyone.” Sheridan's silhouette can be seen in the open doorway calling to him, “Luis, I’m here. It’s me.” Luis unbelievingly asks, “Sheridan?” The reply is, “Yes, Luis, it’s me.” Sitting up, Luis asks, “Sheridan, is that really you?” Sheridan replies, “Yes, Luis, it’s me. I’m here.” Luis smiles, “You're alive?” She replies, “Yes, I’m alive.” Luis smiles, “Thank God. I thought I'd lost you.” Sheridan softly affirms, “I would never leave you.” Luis pulls the blankets back, “And I would never leave you. I love you so much. Sheridan – Sheridan.” Luis gets out of bed and quickly reaches the door but it won't open. (The camera pans to Luis asleep in his bed.) At the door, Luis calls out again, “Sheridan! Sheridan, don’t go! Don’t leave me! Sheridan? Sheridan, where are you?” Luis gets the door open and runs out into the fog and through the house to the front door. He opens the front door to see Sheridan standing there looking like an angel in her white sun dress holding out a red rose. Luis asks, “Sheridan? Sheridan? Why'd you run away?” Sheridan smiles, “I went to the cottage. I wanted to cut a rose -- last one of the year. You know, I always loved the roses that your father planted for your mother all those years ago. Those roses are a symbol of our love, too. And as long as those roses are in bloom, I will love you, always.”

Luis smiles, “And I'll always love you.” He moves to hold her but she disappears as he reaches out to touch her. Waking up and looking so disappointed, Luis sighs, “Sheridan.”

In the living room, Luis talks with Ethan and Theresa about him using the living room for his law office. Luis approves and thinks that Sheridan would approve, too. He tells Theresa that he must have had some sleep because he dreamed a lot. When she asks what he dreamed about, he says, “Sheridan. She was at the front door. She was holding a rose. It was from the bush that papa had planted for mama. And those roses always meant a lot to me and Sheridan. Those roses are special, you know.” Then Luis has a flashback of he and Sheridan at the rosebushes when Sheridan tells him, “So whenever we're apart, just look at this rose and you'll know that I’m thinking of you and I haven’t forgotten about you. I haven’t forgotten our love.” While he was talking with ET, Luis was buttoning his shirt and getting dressed for work. He is now ready and heads off to the police station to get his mind off Sheridan.

On the island, Diana is also having restless dreams. Brian and Liz walk into her room and figure that she is having a bad dream. Sheridan/Diana is dreaming about crashing into Luis' police cruiser for the first time. As she turns over in her bed, Brian wants to wake her but Liz thinks it’s best to let her sleep. Doc said her subconscious might still be working in her dreams and she may be reliving something in her past while she sleeps. Liz tells Brian that Diana may know who she is when she wakes up. Liz comments that Brian wouldn't like Diana to remember her past. He responds, “I admit I wouldn’t mind if she didn’t remember her past at all. But I can see how much that it troubles her, not knowing anything about it. I want to help her find out about her past. I just hope it all doesn’t come back at once.” Liz says, “You're hoping she'll spend enough time here so that she'll fall for you and that when she remembers she won’t want to leave.”

Walking into the police station for the first time since returning from Bermuda, Luis is greeted by several of his fellow officers. They all offer him their deepest sympathies over the loss of Sheridan. Luis replies, “Thanks a lot. I think that work’s the only place that’s going to help, you know? It'll just help me take my mind off everything that’s happened.” Luis sits down at his desk and looks over at the picture of Sheridan smiling back at him on his desk.

Walking into the hotel lobby, Diana greets Liz and Brian, who asks if she would like coffee. Liz asks how she slept because they could hear how restless she was. She accepts her coffee and sits at the table with the others. She said that she had a very bad dream but she can't remember what it was about. She wonders what would make her have such a nightmare and wishes she could remember one thing so everything would come back to her. She looks so confused.

At the police station, Luis keeps looking up to see Sheridan's smiling face from the picture on his desk. One of the other officers tells Luis that he saved his mail for him, a lot of sympathy cards. Luis thanks him and begins to look through the mail but he can't keep from looking at Sheridan's picture. He eventually gives up looking through the mail and asks the other officer for a box to take the mail home. As Luis puts the mail in the box, he finds a red rose on his desk.

He thinks back to what he heard Sheridan say as he hears her voice, “Whenever you and I are apart, just look at this rose and you'll know I’m thinking of you. You'll know I haven’t forgotten you. I haven’t forgotten our love.” Looking at the rose in his hand, Luis exclaims, “My God. Sheridan’s alive.” Sam walks through the door of the station and greets the guys. Luis stands and excitedly says, “Sam, she's alive. Sheridan's alive.” Sam looks stunned, “What are you talking about?” Luis smiles and holds up the rose, “This rose. Sam, this is her way of telling me. I know it. Sheridan sent me this rose! Sheridan's alive.” Luis is so excited but Sam looks so sad for Luis.

On the island, Diana is so frustrated that she had not remembered anything yet, not even her dream. She is so afraid that she won’t get her memory back. Brian tells her to relax and something will pop into her head when she least expects it. Diana decides that he might be right. She decides to take a walk to clear her head. Brian wants to go with her but Liz wants a word with him. Diana tells him she will wait by the door. When they are alone, Liz says, “I saw your face a minute ago when Diana was trying to remember her dream. You're afraid that she’s going to remember someone she’s in love with, aren’t you?” Brian answers, “I won’t deny it. I mean, it would be foolish to think that a woman as beautiful as Diana didn’t have someone special in her life. But maybe by the time she remembers, I will have replaced that special someone.” (FAT CHANCE of that happening, Tonto!) Outside the hotel, Diana has stopped in front of some rosebushes and is deep in thought.

Inside, Liz warns Brian to be careful and asks what happens when her memory comes back. She may be in love with someone else. Brian looks out the window at Diana and replies, “Well, I’m hoping by the time she remembers her past, whoever it was she was in love with won't matter to her anymore because she'll be so in love with me, she won't want to leave.” (As I said already, FAT CHANCE! Luis is her soul mate, true love, the love of her life, and she is not going to forget him for you!)

The phone rings at Harmony PD, Luis answers, “Harmony P.D., Officer Lopez Fitzgerald.” On the other end of the line, Julian hangs up saying, “Will no one save me from these damn Lopez Fitzgerald’s?” (Pilar had attacked him again for what he did to Theresa in Bermuda so he was calling the police to have her arrested but he gave up when he reached Luis. LOL!) Luis puts the receiver down and turns back to Sam, “I’m telling you, Sam, Sheridan is alive.” Sam says that he is sorry that he hasn't had a chance to sit down and talk with Luis about the accident. He has had a lot going on with his family but he wants to be there for Luis. Sam continues, “You love Sheridan as much as any man could love a woman. As much as I love Grace. And if I lost her, I don't know what I’d do, how I’d react. Luis, you have to accept the fact that Sheridan is gone.” Luis says NO. Sam tells him that people don't come back from the dead. Luis replies, “Sam, I know there's a death certificate, but that means nothing. Sam, this (the rose) means everything. Sam, look. My father planted a rosebush for my mother next to Sheridan's cottage. Now, one day I picked a rose for Sheridan, and Sheridan told me that whenever I looked at a rose she would be thinking of me. Now, this rose just didn't happen to end up on my desk by accident.” Sam sighs, “I know how hard you want to believe...” Luis shows frustration, “No, Sam, you don't understand. Sheridan is alive. She's alive, and she's coming back to me. Look.” Luis reaches in one of his desk drawers and gets the memory book that Charity and Miguel made for him. He shows Sam one of the pictures of Sheridan. Sam takes the book and says, “She was beautiful.” Taking the book back, Luis corrects, “She is beautiful. Sheridan is beautiful. See that smile? I’m going to see that smile again just the way she's smiling right there.”

As Brian watches Diana from the door, Liz asks him if he has told Diana how he feels about her. He says not yet. It is too soon. Liz wants to know why he thinks Diana will fall for a guy like him. Sitting on the couch in the lobby, he says that no woman can escape his charms. He is hoping anyway. Outside by the rosebushes, Diana has a memory of crashing into Luis' police cruiser. She thinks, “What was I remembering? Was it a dream or was it real?” Walking up behind her, Brian asks, “Is everything all right, Diana?” Not turning around, Diana replies, “I think I just had a memory about the past, but I’m not sure. It could've been another nightmare.” He asks what the memory was about. She replies, “Something to do with this rosebush.” Brian says, “Well, I don't know much about flowers, but I would think that these rosebushes grow everywhere. Maybe you just remember it from another time, another place.” She shakes her head, “No. It's more than that. I can feel it.” She doesn't seem able to take her eyes off the roses.

At the police station, Luis says again, “I’m telling you, Sheridan is alive. Sam, I don't know how she survived the explosion or the hurricane, but she did. (Luis smiles here.) Mama said to pray for a miracle, and I did, and God gave it to me.” Standing across the desk from Luis, Sam says, “Ok. Let's say for the sake of argument she is still alive. Why hasn't she contacted you?” Luis thinks, “Maybe -- well, maybe she got hurt. She can't call, she can't e-mail or anything.” Sam continues, “If she's in the hospital, wouldn't a doctor call?” Luis says, “Well, what if she lost her voice and she can't get out of bed?” Sam sighs, “Oh, come on, Luis. You're really reaching.” Luis replies, “Come on, Sam. You know as a cop, we're not supposed to rule out anything.” Sam asks, “If she can't talk or move about, then who sent you the rose?” Luis says, “Well, I haven't figured that out yet, but I know there's an explanation.” Sam sighs, “Luis, look, I’m not trying to give you a hard time. I just want you to face reality. In the long run, dreaming and hoping for things that just can't be will only make it harder on you...” Luis replies, “Yeah, well, miracles change reality and they make things happen.” Sam asks, “Who sent you the rose, anyway?” Luis replies, “It was with a bunch of sympathy cards that Ryan gave me.” Sam asks the other officer if he saw where the rose came from but he never saw the rose before then. Luis adamantly says, “Look, would everyone stop being so damn logical? Just throw logic out the window. Sam, I’m telling you this rose is a sign. Sheridan is coming back to me. She's thinking about me. She's thinking about me right now.” (She certainly was!)

As Luis pours himself some coffee, Sam says, “Luis, I know you're going through a hard time, but I have to remind you what you told me. Sheridan's dental records as well as her fingerprints were compared with the ones from the body found at sea. They were a match. It was conclusive. That was Sheridan's body. That's why you had her cremated. Dead people don't send flowers.” Luis sips his coffee, “All right, Sam. If you want to talk logic, let's talk logic. Maybe they sent the wrong dental records and the wrong fingerprints.” Sam begins, “Luis, you don't really believe...” Luis interrupts, “Sam, crazier things have happened. Maybe they cremated the wrong body. Look, all I know is that Sheridan is alive. She's out there somewhere, and I’m going to find her.”

Still looking at the rosebushes, Diana says, “I can only remember a piece of the dream.” Brian asks if the rosebush was in her dream. She says, “No, that's just it. There was no flower, no bush, nothing like that at all. But for some reason, seeing this rosebush brought it back.” He wants to know what it brought back. She replies, “A car crash. I remember crashing into a police car, seeing an officer.” Brian asks, “So, who was the officer?” She doesn't know. Brian asks if he arrested her. She says that she can't remember any of the details and doesn't even know who the officer was. She couldn't see his face. Diana says she knows it sounds crazy but the rosebushes brought back the memory of the car crash. A frustrated Diana says, “I feel like I am so close to remembering, yet so far. What if I never remember who I am?” Brian says, “Then that would be rough, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. You'll build a new life. I’ll help you. We'll all help you. And who knows? Maybe it'll be better than the last one.” She walks away from Brian, “But I want to remember my life. I want to remember who I am.” Brian says, “Why don't you come inside? I’ll make you some tea. It'll relax you.” Diana turns to look at him for the first time since she saw the roses, “Why are you being so nice to me? You know, what if this memory or dream or whatever it is is real? I mean, what if I really did something horrible and crashed into a police car? What if the officer comes looking for me?” Brian replies, “Will I give you up? Is that what you're asking? I don't think that you did anything horrible, Diana. There's no way. Uh-uh. So if some cop comes looking for you, I’m not going to give you up. You're safe with me. Now, come on. It's tea time.” He takes her hand and they walk into the lobby.

To be continued...

Thanks to Passions Central for the Shuis screen caps.
    Ann

Smile Monday's FAX Machine SHUIS Summary & Pictures of the Day.........

At Harmony PD, Luis sits at his desk, “You think I’m crazy, don't you?” Standing in front of Luis' desk, Sam replies, “Let's just say you're not acting like yourself. The Luis I know is very logical, doesn't let his emotions interfere with his judgment.” Luis nods, “And you're right. If I was in your shoes, I would say, "hey, you know what? This guy is losing it." But I’m not. I’m going to prove to you that Sheridan's alive. I’m going to find her.” Luis picks up the phone and calls the reserve Army captain who handled the case in Bermuda. He asks the man if he remembers him. The captain says that he does and asks how Luis is doing. Luis replies, “I’m fine. Look, I’ll get right to the point. I need you to reopen the search for Sheridan Crane.” Captain showing surprise, “What on earth are you talking about? You identified her body, had her cremated. How could she possibly be alive?” Luis takes a stand, “Well, we made a mistake. We identified the wrong body. We cremated the wrong woman. Listen, I need you to reopen the search. I need you to check all the outlying islands -- the hospitals, the doctors...” Captain asks, “I assume you have some hard evidence that Sheridan Crane is still alive?” Luis says quietly, “Yes, a flower.” Captain, “A flower?” Luis sighs, “You wouldn't understand.” Captain says, “You're right. I wouldn't. Look, on the basis of what you just told me, reopening the search is pretty much out of the question.” Luis pleads, “You listen to me. I need your help.” Taking the phone from Luis, Sam speaks, “Captain, this is Sam Bennett, chief of police here in Harmony. I know what you must be thinking, and I have to admit I find his request a little strange myself. But as a personal favor to Harmony P.D., Could you do it anyway? I mean, chances are slim to none you'll come up with anything, but Luis is a great cop and an even better man, and I think we owe him that slim chance.” Captain sighs, “Fax me the picture. I’ll send it out.” Sam thanks the captain and tells Luis to FAX the picture. Luis thanks Sam.

In the lobby of the island hotel, Liz and Brian discuss the memory that Diana had about crashing into a police car. They are trying to figure out what that has to do with the rose. Diana says, “I don't know. But whatever the connection, the crash itself seems to have been important, as if it were a major event in my life.” Liz asks, “But you have no idea who the policeman was?” Diana doesn't know. Liz and Brian step out into the hallway to discuss Diana getting her memory back. Liz feels this could be the key to her memory returning. Brian says as long as it makes Diana happy. Then Liz asks, “And if the policeman she crashed into is a man that she's in love with?” He doesn't like to hear about that.

At the FAX machine, Luis turns to Sam, “You really went out on a limb for me, Sam, and I appreciate that.” Sam says, “You have to accept that the odds of finding her may be one in a million.” Luis smiles, “Look, I don't care what the odds are. This flower is going to bring her back to me.” He holds the rose again.

As Diana walks to the door, Brian says “Whoa, wait a minute. Where are you going? You haven't had your tea yet.” Diana replies, “I’m going to go take another look at the roses. Would you mind if I snipped one off the bush?” Liz smiles, “Snip them all. Roses grow wild around here.” Diana is happy as she goes out to the rosebush again, “Thank you. Maybe if I carry one with me, it'll help trigger my memory.” As she leaves, the phone rings. Liz answers to find it is someone from the island police calling to tell her to expect a fax that is being sent to all the islands. Liz thinks it sounds important. Brian is at the window watching Diana as she stares at the rosebush.

At Harmony PD, Luis calls the Captain in Bermuda to make sure he received the fax. He has and is holding the missing persons flyer in his hand at the moment. He will send it out to the other islands but he tells Luis not to hold out much hope. Luis replies, “I’ll hold out hope. You just distribute Sheridan’s picture.” Captain says, “Sure. Sure thing.” Luis replies, “Thanks a lot. I really appreciate you doing this, captain.” Walking ove4r to stand in front of Luis' desk again, Sam asks if they got the fax and Luis replies, “Yeah. Now I just got to wait for the captain to distribute Sheridan’s picture, and hopefully someone will recognize her. Sam, I know you think I’ve lost it, but I can’t shake the feeling that somehow Sheridan survived the explosion and the hurricane. She’s just out there. She’s out there. She’s waiting for me to find her.” Sam asks, “Because of some rose that mysteriously appeared on your desk?” Luis sighs, “Sam, it’s a sign. This rose is a sign from Sheridan, letting me know she’s still alive.” Luis defiantly looks up at Sam.

In the lobby of her hotel, Liz tells Brian that was the Bermuda police on the phone and they want her to be on the look for some urgent fax they're sending around to all the islands. She also tells Brian that his eyes are going to fall out of their sockets if he keeps staring at Diana. Doc arrives just then. Liz tells Brian that she knows that he is hoping that he can get Diana to fall for him but what if she’s involved with someone in her old life. Brian hopes that Diana will like or love him more. Doc adds, “Even if she doesn’t get her memory back, the people who miss her will come looking for her. The second they get wind she’s here, they'll snatch her home so fast, your head'll spin.”

Outside Diana is at the rosebush, “What is it about these roses?” She has a flashback of Luis at the rosebush in front of her cottage and Luis handing her one of the roses. “Where was this rosebush? Why is it so important to me? Who gave me the rose? Was it a boyfriend? Am I married? Is it someone that I love?”

Sitting at his desk, Luis admits, “I know it’s far-fetched, Sam.” Sam shrugs, “Try next to impossible. You're an experienced cop, Luis.” A determined Luis keeps his voice calm and even, “Yeah, and I’ve been trained to look at the hard evidence, not let emotions get in the way. But I keep thinking of something that you taught me when I was a rookie. Now, Sam, you said that there were going to be times when the facts didn’t add up and it felt like my back was up against a brick wall. During those times, you said that you've got to go with your instinct -- and I quote -- "because your gut never lies." This is one of those times, Sam. I mean, this rose and my instinct -- I’ve got the feeling that Sheridan’s still alive. Now, that’s why I can’t give up hope. I’m going to find her.”

Diana stands outside with the rose smiling at the memory as all three of the misfits watch her from the window. Brian comments, “She thinks that rosebush could be the key to her past somehow.” Doc says, “If she’s right and it triggers even one memory, my guess is her whole life will come back to her in a rush.” Outside Diana has a flashback of Luis kissing her on the wharf and other Shuis kisses. Smiling she says, “It feels like I was happy, but who was I with? Is there someone out there who loves me?” She has more flashbacks. This time it is the shower in Bermuda, and

kissing in the romantic bubble bath before the first time they made love, Diana smiles, “I saw his face. Who is he?” She is so excited when Brian comes up behind her and asks if she is all right. Diana replies excitedly, “I’m more than ok. I just remembered something -- actually I should say someone.” Brian asks who it is. Diana excitedly answers, “A man. He must have been a boyfriend or husband. But someone loves me, and I can now remember what he looks like.” She has the most beautiful smile on her face.

At his desk, Luis continues his talk with Sam, “Now, if you were in the same situation with Grace, would you stop looking for her?” Sam says, “This is not a missing persons case, Luis. The body was formally identified as Sheridan’s.” Luis asks, “But what if your gut told you that she was still alive? Huh? What would you do then?” Sam gives in, “Probably the same thing you are.” Luis nods, “I knew it. Sam, you don’t give up on the love of your life, not once you've finally found them. I mean, you can’t. They're a part of you. They're the other half of your heart and soul. (Luis sits back and gives Sam a smile.) I should probably stop there, or you're never going to make me detective.” Sam prompts him, “Go ahead. You might as well get it all out.” Luis leans in and confides in Sam, “I’ve been having these dreams about me and Sheridan -- vivid dreams that take place during different times in history. Last night I dreamt that we were alive during the revolutionary war. My name was Luke and hers was Sara, but it was definitely me and Sheridan. You know, it’s like proof that we were always together. Maybe we were always together. And I figured if we could survive the course of time, then we could survive this, too. That’s why I’m not giving up hope. I’m going to find her.”

On the island, Brian and Diana make their way inside the lobby and are greeted by Liz who wants to know what happened that Diana is smiling. Diana smiles, “I’ve started to remember my life. I’m almost positive that I have a boyfriend or a husband somewhere. I can even picture his face!” She is so excited! Liz congratulates her and Doc says, “This is a good sign, a very good sign. At least we know you don’t have full-blown amnesia.” An excited Diana replies, “Well, if I keep this up, then I might get my memory back and be home by tomorrow! Wouldn’t that be wonderful?” Brian doesn't look at all happy but Diana asks, “You two looked like you were waiting for something important when we came in.” Liz replies, “Oh, I am. The Bermuda police called me to be on the lookout for an urgent fax that they're sending around to all the islands. They didn’t say what it was about, but I got the feeling it was kind of important.” Diana says excitedly, “Maybe it’s about me. Maybe the man I love is trying to find me.” (He certainly is!!!)

At the police station Sam tells Luis how resilient the human spirit can be and he uses his finding Grace when he thought he would never get over Ivy as an example. Luis tells Sam that he can’t imagine being with anyone but Sheridan.

On the island an excited Diana, “Someone loves me. Maybe he’s looking for me and that’s what the fax you're waiting for is about!” Liz reminds her that the fax could be about anything. Diana is not deterred, “How long ago did they call?” Liz tells her that it was just a few minutes ago. An anxious Diana asks, “And you're sure that the machine is working?” Doc says, “We all want you to find out who you are so you can get back to your people, but it’s no good getting your hopes up without good cause.” As Brian walks off, Liz tells him that he looks like he's been punched in the gut. He is upset that Diana wants to leave him so quickly. Liz reminds him that Diana is in love with someone from her past life. The conceited Brian says, “Well, the problem is, is that she doesn’t want to be here. I -- I know if I’d have met her -- I know if I’d have met her before, Liz, I could've made her love me more than anybody she’s ever met.” (My comment to Briantonio is once again...FAT CHANCE! No way, No how! Luis is her one true love!)

After discussing Sam and Grace's situation with her “husband” David, Luis tells Sam that he and Sheridan always wanted to be like Sam and Grace and have a wonderful stable marriage. Luis quietly says, “Sam, I know it’s like a needle in a haystack, but I got the feeling she’s still out there. I don’t believe that she is gone. If only -- no. All I can do now is wait.”

The captain in Bermuda mumbles, “One more hotel on the list. I don’t even know why I’m bothering, but I promised that cop on the mainland. Here goes nothing.” At Liz' hotel the Fax machine rings. Everyone thinks it must be the Fax that the police called about. Diana can't contain her excitement, “What if I’m right? What if this fax is about me and I can finally find out who I am and go home?” Doc warns her not to get her hopes up but Diana can't help thinking that this could be the piece of the puzzle that she needs to figure out who she is. Diana smiles and waits in front of the machine for the FAX to appear.

To be continued...
    Ann

Smile Wednesday's Wronged Memory SHUIS Summary & Pic of the Day.....

At the fax machine Luis tells Sam that he hopes to God this works. The captain in Bermuda said he would send Sheridan’s picture to all the islands in the area. Luis walks back to his desk and Sam follows, “I know you want to believe that Sheridan’s still alive.” Luis looks at Sam, “I do believe it. But we cremated some other woman. Now, somebody somewhere, maybe on one of those islands, has seen Sheridan.” Sam says, “Look, I just hope you're not setting yourself up to get hurt again.” Picking up the rose, Luis replies, “Sam, this rose didn't just magically appear on my desk. This is our flower, Sheridan’s and mine. It's a sign that she's still alive. Somehow she sent it to me. It's a miracle. I can't give up hope. I've got to keep looking for her. She's out there somewhere. I know it.”

Sitting at his desk at Harmony PD, Luis taps his fingers as he waits impatiently, “I mean, come on. How long does it take to send a fax?” Sam reminds him, “It might take a while to get to all those islands, Luis.” Luis knows that so Sam also reminds him that he might not be happy after he gets the results. Luis says with confidence, “I'm not worried. I'm not giving up hope that somebody somewhere has seen Sheridan.” He walks over to stand in front of Sam who says, “I understand. I guess I'd feel the same way if it were Grace.” Luis says, “Yeah, you would. I know that you have a deep love for her and you have a solid marriage.” Sam replies, “Yes, we do. The strength of our love has helped us overcome a lot of adversity. I mean, if anything, it's only strengthened the bond between us.” Holding the rose, Luis nods, “Hmm. I believe that. The love that you and Grace have is like the love that Sheridan and I share. Sheridan told me that whenever I saw a rose like this that I should know that she was thinking of me and our love. That's why this rose is a sign. It's a sign that I’m not going to lose Sheridan.” Sam says, “I hope so. Ahem -- Luis, don't take this the wrong way, but I think you should take a leave of absence.” Luis is surprised, “Leave? Why?” Sam replies, “You've been through a lot lately. You need a break.” Luis starts to protest but Sam continues, “Look, Luis, being a cop is a high-pressure job. I don't want you making mistakes and maybe getting yourself killed.” Luis just looks at Sam, “Come on. Is that what you think I’m going to do? I'm going to crack up?” Sam quickly says, “I think that, as your friend, not just as your boss, you need to rest. Luis -- think about what I said, and we'll talk later.” As Sam walks off, Luis says, “Yeah, ok.” Then he whispers, “I know you're out there somewhere, Sheridan. And I'm going to find you. I promise.”

Watching Diana retrieve the paper from the machine, Brian asks, “What is it, Diana?” Liz asks, “Is it about you?” Diana holds the faxed sheet, “No. It's just a cover sheet saying that a photograph is to follow and requesting some information.” Doc asks, “A photograph?” Diana smiles, “Maybe it's a picture of me.” The fax machine beeps and Diana asks Liz what is wrong with it. Liz has a look at the machine and figures that it is out of paper and goes to get more. An anxious Diana, “This is so frustrating, having to wait.” Brian reminds her that the fax could be about anyone. She replies, “Yeah, I just -- I'm hoping that it's about me. I want to remember who I am. I keep having these flashes. I see a man.” She smiles as she has a flashback of kissing Luis. Diana is so excited and happy, “I can tell that this man loves me and that I love him. That's why I’m hoping that whatever this fax is about; it'll help me to remember his name -- my name. I ju -st- I want to remember my life. I want to go back to my life.”

Brian very unhappily looks away.

Diana is so happy as she sits on the couch in the lobby with Brian, “I feel as if I’m so close to remembering. You've helped me so much. I'm so grateful to you.” Brian says that he hasn't done anything. She smiles, “Yes, you have. You've shown me support and encouragement. You've made me believe that there are still people out there who love me that still might be trying to find me.” Brian says, “I can't imagine anyone not loving you. I mean, if there is a guy in your life, I'm sure he's still looking for you.” (Yes, Luis is looking for her.) She smiles, “After these glimpses into my memory, I think you're right. I wonder if he was my husband. Well, I'm not wearing a wedding ring.” Brian says that she could have lost it at sea. Diana grins, “I guess. Anyway, I can tell by the way I felt in these memories, this man and I loved each other very much.” She looks over at Brian and asks, “Brian, you've been really quiet. Is something wrong?” He tells her that nothing is wrong. He just hopes things work out for her. An excited Diana says, “I just have to keep on trying to remember. I want to know everything about this man in my memories. If I could just piece it all together. Hmm.”

Walking into the police station, Beth sits across from Luis at his desk, “Hey. How you doing?” Luis grins, “Right now, I’m on top of the world.” Beth is surprised. Luis is so excited as he continues, “Something amazing has happened. Look at this flower. It was Sheridan”s and my special flower. She sent it to me.” Beth is shocked by that. Luis says, “Sheridan sent it to me to let me know that she's alive. She's out there somewhere, and I’m going to find her. I swear-to-God -- it's a miracle. Sheridan's out there. She's alive. Beth says, “Luis, no. It's a mistake. I've made a terrible mistake. I am so sorry.” Luis asks, “Sorry for what? What are you talking about?” Beth tells him, “Luis, I sent the rose.” Luis' face falls, “You?” Beth explains, “Yes. I once saw you buying roses like this for Sheridan, and I knew that they were special to your relationship. I thought that I was doing something nice for you, just to give you a special memory of Sheridan.” Looking like he is close to tears, Luis asks again, “You left me this flower?” Beth replies, “Yes. I never thought for a minute that you would think it was from Sheridan.” Luis sadly asks for verification one more time, “Sheridan didn't give me the rose?” Beth replies, “No. I'm so sorry. I never meant to give you false hope. Please forgive me.”

In Bermuda, the Captain is at the fax machine, “Hmm. Picture of Sheridan didn't go through. I wonder why. I'll just have to resend it.” A disillusioned, Luis says, “No, of course Sheridan didn't send me the rose. I saw her cremated. Miracles don't happen, do they?” Beth tells him how sorry she is again. Luis sighs and picks up the phone, “I guess I better call the captain, tell him forget about distributing the flyer what's the point, right?” When the Captain answers, Luis says, “Hi, this is Officer Lopez Fitzgerald. You can just forget about distributing Sheridan’s flyer.” Capt. James asks, “Forget about it?” Luis sadly says, “Yeah. You were right. She's gone. And I'm sorry if I put you to any trouble, but there's really no point in sending it out.” Capt. James tells him that he has already sent the fliers out. He is on the last one. A defeated Luis says, “Well, you might as well just go ahead and cancel it because there's really no point.”

On the island, Liz has loaded the paper in the fax machine while Diana wonders if they will try to send the photo again. The fax machine rings and everyone looks at it. Diana jumps off the couch and heads for the machine. Across the room, Liz tells Brian that she knows that he is hoping that this fax won't be about Diana. He doesn't deny that so Doc says, “You can't expect that she'd stay here forever.” Liz adds, “She has another life somewhere with people who love her.” Brian says, “Look, I said I know. I was just hoping.” Diana says, “Here it is. Oh, my God.” The others want to know what it is and if it is about her. Diana frowns, “Nothing. The page is blank.” Liz looks at the paper tells the group that it says the transmission was canceled. They wonder why it was canceled. Liz says, “I don't know, but I'll call the island P.D. And find out what's going on.” Brian states, “You're disappointed.” Trying now to cry, Diana replies, “I just had this feeling that whatever that fax was about had something to do with me. I -- I don't know why, but I just do.” Liz returns to the lobby, “I just spoke with the captain, and he said the fax was a mistake and that's why he canceled the transmission. I'm sorry, Diana, but there is nothing to see.” Diana looks away, deflated.

Standing outside the police station, Luis is upset with himself, “I don't know what I was thinking, sending that out. I saw the proof that Sheridan was dead. I just didn't want to accept it.” Beth apologizes again, “I could kick myself for being such an idiot. I'm so sorry that I put you through this.” Luis says, “It's not your fault. You had no idea I would react the way I did. I've just got to stop looking for signs and clinging to false hope. I got to accept the fact that Sheridan’s dead.”

Brian says, “I'm sorry, Diana. I know how disappointed you must be.” Liz tries to cheer her up, “Don't worry. Things will work out. They always do when the time is right.” Diana softly says, “I hope so.” Brian raises his drink to her, “Well, cheers.” As Diana mopes around, “Cheers. I wish it could cheer me up.” Brian says, “Look on the bright side, Diana. You've had some memories. Maybe the rest will come back to you very soon.” Diana says, “It's just so frustrating to not remember who I am.” Brian reminds her to be patient and keep trying to remember. Diana says, “You're right. I can't give up. I have to continue to believe that there are people out there who love me, that are still trying to find me.” I have to keep picturing that man's face. I just hope that it'll trigger something.” Diana has a flashback of Luis lying in her arms “dead” in the vault. She cries out, “No.” Brian asks, “What is it? What did you remember?” Sheridan says, “I just had another flash about the man that I love. He was so close, I could feel our love. He was the great love of my life.” Brian asks her if she remembers his name. She replies, “No, I wish I could. All I remember is this pain, this terrible pain.” He asks, “Pain? Pain from what, Diana?” She sadly says, “I saw myself holding him. I was crying. I was grieving over him because he's dead. The man that I love is dead.”

In front of the police station, Beth says, “I wish there was something I could do, Luis.” Luis' voice cracks as he replies, “Thanks, anyway. It's just that nothing can take away this kind of suffering. I miss her every minute of every day, wishing she was here.” Beth says, “I understand how you feel. I really do.” Luis sadly says, “You know, this might sound strange. If one of us had to die, to be left alone, I'm glad it wasn't her. I saw her suffer like this once before. We were trapped in this vault, running out of air. I was trying to get the oxygen pump to bring in more air when something went wrong.” Luis has a flashback of him “dead” in Sheridan's arms and how he came back to her. Luis tells Beth, “I got a bad electric shot. I thought I'd died. The grief was overwhelming, and I knew I couldn't leave Sheridan alone with that kind of pain. Somehow I fought to bring myself back. Thank God I was able to come back. I couldn't bear the thought of Sheridan living through the pain that I'm living through now.” Luis turns back to Beth, “I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get all emotional.” Beth says, “No, I know how you feel. I understand what it is to lose someone that you love.” Luis asks, “You do? Oh, hey, I’m sorry. I'm sorry. I never realized what you went through when we broke up. You never let on.” Beth says, “I didn't want to make you feel bad. I know that you didn't intentionally try to hurt me. Your reason for breaking it off was noble. I mean, you felt like you had a responsibility to your family. I didn't want to make you feel bad about that.” Luis says that he is sorry. Beth replies, “Don't be. I don't hold a grudge. I just -- I want us to be able to be honest with each other, you know, and just talk about it.” Luis looks at her, “Can I ask you something?” She says, “Of course.” Luis asks, “You think you ever get over losing the person you love?” Beth shakes her head, “No. I don't think so.” Luis agrees, “That's what I told Sam, too. I don't think you do. Never.”

Diana cries, “The man in my life -- the man that I love is dead. He's gone.” Brian asks if she is sure. She replies while crying, “I was crying. I was grieving as though my heart would break. I've lost him. He's gone. That's why he hasn't found me. That's why no one will ever find me because there isn't anyone. I have no one.” Brian holds her as she cries, “Yes, you do, Diana. You have me. You have me.”

To be continued...

Thanks to Passions Central for screen caps.
    Ann

Re: SHUIS Picture of the Day: Part 7

Thanks, Ann!

Smile Thursday's Teary-Eyed SHUIS Summary & Pictures of the Day......

As Diana walks around the hotel lobby by herself, Brian comes up to her and asks if she is feeling any better. She tells him that she is trying. She knows that the last thing anyone around there needs is her feeling sorry for herself. Liz enters and says, “It must be rough not remembering anything.” Diana says, “I'm so grateful to you and Brian. I mean, I couldn't have asked to have been rescued by nicer, more generous people.” Liz says, “Oh. Well, don't look at me. Brian's the one that fished you out of the sea.” Diana smiles, “You've been great, too, Liz. I mean, if ever I get home, wherever that is, I won't ever forget what you've done for me.” She looks sad again as she says, “I just wish that I hadn't remembered the man I was in love with.” Liz asks her why. She replies, “Because it makes it harder to realize that he's never going to come looking for me.” Liz asks, “Are you sure he's dead?” Diana nods, “It's the one clear memory that I have. I can picture him, dying in my arms. Whoever he was, I've lost him.” She has a flashback of her crying over Luis' body in the vault and she begins to cry again.

Standing in Sam's back yard watching the work being done on Sam and Grace's house, Hank asks, “What kind of weirdo strolls in town claiming to be Grace's real husband, then hangs out by volunteering to work on Sam and Grace's new house?” Luis says, “Hank, forget about it. All right? It's between them. Besides, from what Sam says, this guy's story checks out.” Hank looks at Luis, “I don't care what checks out. It doesn't set right with me. Sam and Grace have been through enough. I wish to Hell this guy had never shown up.”

In the hotel lobby, Brian says, “Don't cry. Everything's going to work out.” Diana cries, “You've got no idea how much I want to believe you, Brian. I just don't see there being any chance of that happening. I mean, every time I see the face of the man I loved, I just feel sadder and -- you know, I didn't just lose him when he died. I lost any chance that I had of finding out who I was before you found me at sea.”

In Sam's backyard, Luis says, “In some ways, I don't mind that this guy David came to town.” Hank looks strangely at him, “I thought you were on my brother's side.” Luis replies, “You know I am. Sam means the world to me. It's just that this guy finding the woman he loved and lost after all these years is proof that miracles can happen.” Hank says, “Your story's a little different, Buddy.” Luis asks, “Why, because Sheridan's body was identified?” Disbelieving Hank says, “She was cremated, Luis.” Luis looks up at him, “Yeah. I'm not so sure it was Sheridan anymore.” Hank asks, “Where's all this coming from? I thought you said yourself how futile it was to hope that Sheridan survived. You even told the Bermuda police to stop distributing that flier with her picture on it.” Luis smiles, “I know. I was watching this guy David, and I’m realizing he had faith for over 20 years that Grace was out there somewhere. And why can't it happen to me, too?” Hank is skeptical, “Clinging to a mighty thin thread if you're basing your hopes on Hastings. Personally, I wouldn't bet my lunch money on anything that had to do with him. I mean, what kind of guy, you know, spends his free time volunteering to help build a house that his wife plans to live in with another man? Nobody's that noble. I'm not getting anywhere with this. Let's go get a cup of coffee.” Hank and Luis walk off.

Walking toward one of the tables in the lobby with her cold drink in hand, Diana says, “Maybe that's the reason I can't remember any more than I have. I don't want to remember because I have nothing to go back to, and maybe I was so devastated over losing this man that I tried to take my own life.” Brian doesn't think so. She asks why not. Brian replies, “Because you have too much spirit. Look, if you would have wanted to die, you had ample opportunity to do so before and after I fished you out of the sea. So, no. I think you loved your life, even if you did suffer a great loss.” She says sadly, “I guess I'll never know.” Brian responds, “You know, maybe you don't realize it, Diana, but you're not much different than the people you've met here on this island.” Diana looks up at him then sadly down at the floor, “You all know who you are, where you've been.” Brian says, “Yeah. But all of us -- me, Liz, Doc -- even though we all come from different places, we all kind of ended up here the same way -- leaving our past far behind us. See, you -- you didn't have that choice. Take my word for it -- it's not a bad place to start over. We take care of each other here, Diana. And we'll take care of you, too. At times you may feel lost, but you're never going to feel alone again, not ever.”

Arriving at the Book Cafe, Luis and Hank are greeted by Beth. Hank tells her that they want two cups of strong coffee. She asks Luis how he is doing and to remember that she is there for him.

As the guys find a table, Hank sees David arrive for coffee and says that he has a way of getting on the Bennett brothers' nerves. Luis warns Hank about letting that go. While he waits for his coffee, David walks over to Luis' table. He says, “We don’t really know each other, but I heard about what happened to your fiancée, and I wanted to say how sorry I am.” Luis thanks him. David adds, “I just want to say that I’ve been in a similar circumstance. I was sure I’d lost someone I loved, but I never gave up hope. And I ended up finding her.” As soon as David walks off, Luis turns to Hank, “That's what I'm telling you, Hank -- miracles do happen.” As their coffee arrives, the guys hear Beth talking with someone on the phone and sounding upset. Looking toward Beth, Luis says, “I hope Beth’s ok.” Hank says he has to run so Luis walks toward Beth to see if she is all right. He hears her say, “No. Please tell me that this is a mistake.” Luis asks softly, “Beth, what is it? Is there anything I can do?” Still on the phone she replies, “No, Luis. There isn't anything anybody can do.”

On the island, Diana asks, “So you think I fit in around here, huh?” Brian replies, “Fit in? But you've only been here a short time, and I can already tell that you're one of us.” She laughs, “Why, because I'm stuck here, because I have no place to go?” Brian says again, “Like I said, this is not a bad place to be stranded. In fact, I have been officially appointed by the travel council to offer you a permanent position here on the island with us, the island of people who have no one else and nowhere else to go.” She replies, “Well, then it is my pleasure to accept your invitation.” Brian says, “Well, then it's official. You are one of us.” He kisses her hand. Diana smiles, “Thank you -- I think.” He says, “You're welcome -- I think.” Watching from across the room, Liz thinks, “Careful, Brian. You're playing with fire.”

At the Book Cafe Beth cries into the phone, “Are you sure? No, I just can't believe it. It's horrible. All right. Yeah, I understand.”

She hangs up the phone. Luis asks, “Beth, what is it? What happened?” Beth replies, “My worst nightmare, Luis.” Luis asks again, “Well, what's wrong? Is there anything I can do?” Beth shakes her head, “No. There isn't anything anyone can do. My dreams have just been destroyed. So has my life.”

On the island in her hotel, Liz sees Brian and Diana hugging, “So, what are you two so happy about?” Diana smiles, “Well, Brian and I just figured something out, Liz.” Liz asks, “What's that?” Diana replies, “That maybe I have amnesia and can't remember my life before I came here because I have nothing to go back to.” Brian adds, “So that makes her just like everyone else on the island -- no one and nothing to go back to.” Diana adds, “And that's why you all stay here and take care of each other.” Liz smiles, “Oh. I guess that's one way of explaining what we're all doing here.” Brian says, “So she's one of us now. Well, at least for as long as you want to be.” Diana thanks Brian. She guesses that will be for a long time. She decides to go make some sandwiches. Brian thinks that will be great. Diana asks Liz if that is all right with her. Liz tells Diana to make whatever she wants. Then she turns to Brian and asks, “So if Diana is one of us, when are you going to start paying her bills? You did say you'd take care of her, didn't you?” Brian says, “Yes, I did, and I will.” Liz wants to know, “When? I'm still waiting for you to take care of your own bills. So, how do you plan to take care of Diana when you can't even take care of yourself?” As Liz and Brian discuss how Brian will pay his bills and Diana's, Liz remembers a way for Brian to get the money to pay off some of his debts.

At the Book Cafe Luis holds Beth's hand and asks, “Beth, what do you mean your life's been destroyed? What happened?” Beth replies, “I just got such bad news. About my father's boat. You know the one he used to sail down in the tropics? Well, when he died, he left it to me.” Luis nods, “I remember you telling me about the boat.” Beth continues, “Yeah, well, since he died, I’ve been renting it out to make extra money, you know, for my mom and me, and it's what's been keeping my mother going. I've been trying to save every extra penny that I could.” Luis asks, “Beth, so what went wrong?” Beth says, “Well, the agency that I hired to rent it out -- they called and they said that some crooks had rented it out and they just never brought it back. They just sailed it off, Luis.” Luis is shocked and asks, “They stole your boat? Did you report the theft to the police?” Beth says, “The agency did. But they're down there in tropics where the police have to be bribed to do anything. I used up a lot of my savings just bribing the police.” Luis says, “That kind of corruption makes me sick. There's got to be some other way around it.” Beth says, “No, the agency said that there was no other way. Now I've not only lost the income from the boat, I've lost the chance to buy back this cafe from the Cranes. That's why I’ve been working so hard to save money.” Luis replies, “I know it's always been a dream of yours.” Beth says, “Yeah. And I've just put everything into building up this -- this business after, well...” She looks away and cries. Looking rather guilty Luis asks, “After you and I broke up?” Beth replies, “Yeah. Look, Luis, I'm not trying to make you feel sorry for me, ok? I love this cafe and I’ve loved working hard here. Now it just seems like another dream just died.”

On the island Brian, Liz and Diana walk down a pier and stop in front of a boat where Brian asks, “So what's this all about, Liz?” Liz replies, “Well, I thought you could do this as a favor for me. As you can see, this tub needs a little work, but you're handy. I know you'll have her shipshape in no time.” Brian looks at her, “So you want me to fix this boat up as a favor?” Liz pointedly says, “If you get my drift.” Brian replies, “Yeah. Yeah, I think I do.” Looking over at Diana looking at the boat, Liz says, “And I'm sure you'll have a good time, too.” Brian turns to Diana, “So did you hear that, Diana? Liz wants me to get this vessel back into sailing shape.” Looking at the boat, Diana asks, “Really? Can I help?” Brian shrugs, “Yeah, sure, if you want to.” Diana says, “I do. I think it'll be fun.” Liz cheerfully says, “Great idea. Ok, I'll leave you two.” Brian says, “Well, no time like the present. Let's get to work.” He puts his hand out to help Diana to step on the boat. As she puts her hand into his, she has a flashback of Luis holding her hand and helping her onto the boat they rented in Bermuda.

Sitting at a table in the Book Cafe with Beth, Luis says, “I don't understand. You said this happened about three months ago.” Beth nods, “That's when the crooks stole my boat.” Luis asks, “Well, then what was the phone call about that got you so upset?” Beth says, “It was about another call I got about three weeks ago that my boat had been found.” Luis smiles, “Well, found. That's great news, isn't it?” Beth replies, “Not really. I couldn't take off work to go and get it. So the agency said if I sent them some money that they could hire someone to sail it back to Harmony for me. So I sent the rest of my savings down there. The call that I just got was the agency telling me that the man they hired to sail it back just disappeared with all my money. I don't have anything left, Luis. I mean, I just -- I don't know what I’m going to do.” She starts to cry again. Luis goes to get coffee and as he returns he asks, “So, Beth, this guy they paid to sail your boat back -- did he take off with it?” Beth replies, “No. It's still sitting down there waiting for someone to come and get it.” Luis smiles, “Well, then it's not all bad news. You still got your boat.” Beth cries, “And what good does it do me? I can't afford to take off work and go get it.” Luis says, “No, but I can. I just got a great idea. You know, Sam’s been trying to get me to take time off of work, so why don't I go down and get your boat?” Beth quickly says, “No, Luis, I can't ask you to do that. I mean, I don't even have any money to pay you.” Luis asks, “Well, who said anything about money? Look, this might be just what I need to get over losing Sheridan. You know, time to clear my head, out there by myself, alone on the sea.” Beth puts her hand on Luis' hand, “Luis, I can't let you do it. It won't help. It's only going to hurt you.” Luis asks, “Hurt me? Why?” Beth says, “Because the boat is in the worst possible place for you to go. It's on an island near Bermuda, where you lost Sheridan.” Luis has a flashback of him and Sheridan happy on the boat in Bermuda.

On the island, Sheridan has the same flashback at the same time. Brian asks her if she is all right. She says, “Yeah, I'm fine. Doc said I would have memory flashes from time to time.” Brian asks if she just had one and she replies that she did. Brian tells her, “Well, I'm going to go down into the galley and see if we should start down there or start on deck, so come on.” He leaves her on deck. Diana wonders, “Why did I have a memory flash just now? Must have something to do with seeing this boat.” She immediately has a flashback of Luis rubbing suntan lotion on her back on the boat in Bermuda.

She thinks, “Oh. Whoever he was, he did love me very much. So, so much.”

At the Book Cafe Luis disagrees, “No, you're wrong. I can do it, Beth. I can go down there and get your boat.” Beth looks at him, “Luis, I saw the look on your face when I said it was in Bermuda. It'll just bring back all the memories of your time there with Sheridan. I can't let you go through that kind of pain.” Luis has another flashback of being happy on the boat with Sheridan and talking about how they had the rest of their lives to be together.

On the boat in the islands, Diana has the same flashback and she cries, “Hmm. Will I ever feel love like that again? Maybe I can't remember his name because of his death. It -- it would be too painful.” As the tears run down her cheeks, Diana thinks, “I'll never remember who he is or my life. I will never feel love like that again.”

At the Book Cafe Beth says, “You see, I’m right, Luis. It would be too painful for you to go there again. I just mentioned Bermuda and you take a nosedive.” Luis sadly replies, “Well, maybe I need to feel that kind of pain. You know, maybe it would be a good opportunity to finally say good-bye to Sheridan, you know, stop hoping, to -- to stop imagining that I’m ever going to see her again. Maybe the peace of mind that I’m looking for is somewhere down there in those tropical islands.”

Coming back on deck, Brian asks, “Diana, I -- Diana, what is it? Are you having more memories?” Diana cries, “He loved me. He loved me so much.” Brian, “Who? Who loved you?” She cries even harder, “The man I keep seeing in my memories. I remember him and I remember how much I loved him. And I'll never see him again.”

To be continued...

Thanks to Passions Central for the screen caps.
    Ann

Smile Friday's Flight to SHUIS Summary & Pictures of the Day...........

On the island over breakfast Liz and Brian discuss him paying his tab with Liz as well as Diana's. He is going to make that extra money by getting Beth's boat ready to sail home. Liz thinks that Brian is hanging around this morning so that he can see Diana before he goes to work. He says that he is waiting on her because she is going to help him work on the boat. Liz comments that Diana will be more in the way than a help. She says, “What does a woman like that know about fixing a boat? I bet before the accident she never went a day without a manicure.” She tells Brian that he is going to get hurt and, “You can play all imaginary games you want to, but she is never going to be one of us. As tattered and as banged up as she was when you found her, you can just tell by the way she carries herself she was born to money and class. Even if her lover's dead, the way she seems to think, are her people missing her and wondering where she is. And, Brian, she is missing them, too. So as soon as she gets her act together enough, she's going to sashay out of here so fast you won't know what hit you. You're going to be left with nothing but a big empty hole where your heart used to be.” Brian looks worried.

Still in her bed sleeping Diana dreams that she is with Luis, “Thank God you're here. (She runs into Luis' arms in her dream.) I thought I'd never see you again. I don't know what happened. I got lost. It doesn't matter. You're here and we're together, and I -- I love you so much. Wait a minute. This isn't right. You're dead. I -- I remember you dying.” Sheridan gasps and is immediately awakened, sitting up in her bed, “It was only a dream. If only I could remember who he was, I know I’d be able to remember everything else.”

As they order coffee at the Book Cafe, Luis asks, “Check in on Beth for me while I'm gone, will you?” Hank wants to know where he is going. Luis replies that Sam told him that he could take a short leave of absence. Hank still wants to know where he will be going. Luis replies, “Uh – Bermuda.” Hank looks surprised, “For God's sake, man. I thought we talked about this.” As they take a seat at a nearby table, Luis replies, “Hank, this has nothing to do with Sheridan. You remember that phone call that Beth got yesterday before you took off?” Hank asks what it was about. Luis says, “Oh, it's a long story. A boat that Beth owns, used to belong to her father, was ripped off. It's docked at an island down near Bermuda. Beth needs someone to bring it back so she can sell it so she can try and buy this place back from the Cranes.” Luis adds that he volunteered because he and Beth are still friends. Hank shakes his head, “Don't you know by now that you can't scam a scam artist? You volunteered to make the trip because of Sheridan. You can't get it out of your head that somehow she survived the unsurvivable. And you think by going back down there, you're going to find her. Am I right or am I right?” Luis just looks at Hank.

On the island, Liz comments, “Look, Brian, I am not telling you anything you don't already know. Diana has another life somewhere. And when she remembers it, she's going to want to go back to it -- and to the people who are in it.” Brian counters, “Yeah, but the most important person -- this guy who loved her -- she's sure that he's dead, Liz.” Liz replies, “Well, she thinks that because she's having these spotty memory flashes here and there. But we don't know what really happened.” Brian disagrees, “Ah, come on, he's got to be dead. If he weren't, he'd be out here combing the area looking for her. I know that if she were my girlfriend or my wife, I wouldn't have given up that easily.” Liz responds, “Well, maybe he thinks that she drowned in that hurricane. I don't know, Brian. I don't have all the answers. I'm just warning you.” Brian sighs. Diana walks into the lobby, Brian sees her, and stands to greet her. He asks if she slept well. She replies, “I – actually, I had a dream about the man I had the memory of.” Liz asks, “The one that you think died.” Diana nods in the affirmative, “Only in my dream he was alive. He was holding me in his arms, and I felt so safe. Only it's just a dream. He's gone, along with any chance that I had of finding out who I am.” She looks so sad.

In the Book Cafe, Hank demands, “Admit it, the real reason you're going back down to Bermuda is to look for Sheridan.” Luis looks up, “Hank, I'm not going to deny that I was hoping for a miracle. You know, it all started when I found that rose on my desk. I thought for sure that it was a sign from Sheridan that she was still alive. And then David Hastings returning, finding Grace after all these years. Just because a miracle is handed out to him, it doesn't mean that the Man upstairs is handing them out to everyone. And now I know that Beth is the one who gave me the rose. So, no, I'm not expecting to see Sheridan again. I know that she's gone.” Hank asks, “So -- so why go anywhere near Bermuda so soon? You're going to only dredge up painful memories.” Luis quietly replies, “Well, maybe that's not such a bad thing. Maybe I need to work through that pain before I move on. Maybe I need to -- to put those ghosts to rest before I get on with my life. Maybe that's what she would have wanted. Hank, I just want to put Sheridan’s death behind me once and for all. And if I can help out Beth at the same time, why not?” Beth stops in front of their table with refills for their coffee. She asks Hank if Luis told him what he offered to do. Hank tells her that Luis is filling him in on it. Beth turns to Luis and tells him that she will understand if he has had second thoughts and does not want to go down to the area where he lost Sheridan. Luis assures her, “Beth, it's all right. I already booked a flight. I'm leaving later this morning.” Beth thanks him and moves on to another table. Luis comments, “You know, I never realized how much I hurt Beth after we broke up.” Hank replies, “Well, that's how she wanted it. She didn't want to make you feel guilty for choosing to support your family instead of marrying her.” Luis says, “And I probably would have. And that's why I want to help her now. If retrieving this boat for her can help her buy this place back from the cranes, then -- well, who knows? Maybe it will help make up in some small way for what I did to her back then.” Hank says, “There's another way you can make it up to her she might even appreciate more. You could give going out with her another shot.” Luis gives him another “look”.

On the island, Brian and Diana are at work getting Beth's boat back in shape to sail back to the US. Brian asks, “Now, are you feeling any better?” Diana says, “Yeah. It helps to work out in the fresh air. Keeps my mind off of things.” Brian says that is why he enjoys what he does, being out on the water for a few days at a time. Diana replies, “Can't imagine what it would be like to be out on the ocean, especially alone.”

Brian replies, “Oh, it's not so bad. You get used to it. Actually, it gives you some space to think about things that you just otherwise wouldn't have time to think about.” Diana wants to know what kinds of things. Brian says things like hopes, dreams, whatever. Diana asks about his. Diana says, “Your dreams. All I seem to do is talk about myself. I -- I hardly know anything about you well, what do you think about when you're out at sea?” Brian says, “Stuff, you know, like what it would be like to settle down one day.” She then asks, “Why haven't you already?” Brian says it just hasn't come up. Diana thinks that he is such an amazing person so he should give a woman half a chance and she would fall madly in love with him. She adds, “You'll see. The right girl will come along for you one of these days. I'd bet on it.” Brian turns away and says to himself, “She already has.”

Sounding frustrated Luis says, “Hank, we've been through this.” Hank replies, “I know, I know. It's too soon for you to jump in another relationship. All I'm saying is that when the time is right, you could do a whole lot worse than Beth. You know? She never stopped loving you. She's always been in your corner.” Luis stops him, “Hank, let it go. You know, it's way too soon for me to think about going out with anyone right now.” Hank insists, “But you won't rule out the possibility that things may click for you two in the future.” Luis replies, “How can I even answer that? I can't think that far ahead, all right?” Beth hands Luis a large envelope and tells him that it is information on her father's boat. Luis says, “: Excellent. I'm going to keep you posted as soon as I get down there.” Beth thanks him and walks off. Luis stands to leave as he bids them good bye.

As Diana is in thought as she looks out over the water, Brian asks about her thoughts. She replies, “I was thinking about the ocean, the sheer vastness of it. A keeper of so many secrets.” Brian asks, “Like where you're from?” She replies, “And what we were talking about earlier. You know, hopes and dreams. I know I must have had some before. I just can't remember what they are. Maybe they were a lot like yours. You know? Getting married, settling down, having kids with the man I love. I must have really loved him or I wouldn't be able to picture his face so clearly.” Brian says, “Maybe you guys were married. Maybe you even had kids together.” She has a flashback of Luis proposing to her in the gazebo, “I remember now. He gave me an engagement ring. We were supposed to get married, but -- I don't have a ring. It must have never happened. He must have -- he must have died before we ever had a chance.”

On the phone talking to Liz, Beth says, “That's right. My friend's flying down to pick up my father's boat and he's going to sail it back for me, so I want to make sure that it would be ready when he gets there.” On the island, Liz replies, “No problem, honey. I got someone working on the boat right now. As soon as he's done, it'll be as good as new.” Beth says, “I appreciate it. My friend should be there some time today.” Liz asks, “He knows how to get to this little out-of-the-way island?” Beth replies, “Yeah. I gave him directions.” Liz says, “Ok. Then I’ll be on the lookout for him. Soon as he gets here, I'll take him down to the boat straightaway.”

On the airline to Bermuda, the Flight attendant asks Luis if he would like a magazine. He does not. She asks him, “First trip to Bermuda?” Luis replies, “No, I was here a while ago.” Flight attendant asks, “Oh. Going back to see your girlfriend?” He replies, “No. I don't have a girlfriend anymore. She's gone.”

Diana is visibly upset, “I was supposed to marry the man I love. I was supposed to have children with him. Why was it all taken away from me before we had a chance? Why?”

Brian tells her how sorry he is. Crying even harder now, “I mean, I've lost him. I will never see him again.” Brian hugs her.

To be continued...

Thanks to Passions Central for screen caps.
    Ann

Smile Saturday's Sad Near Misses SHUIS Summary & Pics of the Day. . . . .

On the plane on the way to St. Lisa's island, Luis looks at the contents of the manila envelope that Beth had given him. When he looks at the picture of the boat, he has flashbacks of him and Sheridan on the boat in Bermuda. He sees her at the wheel of the boat, them kissing while he is at the wheel of the boat, kissing on the deck of the boat, and him putting lotion on Sheridan’s back, then kissing her. After the flashbacks Luis whispers, “Oh, God. Sheridan.”

On the island Diana cries, “The man I loved was taken from me. I'll never see him again. Why, Brian? Why?” She has a flashback of Luis being electrocuted in the vault which causes Brian to ask, “Diana, what is it?” She replies, “I just had a sudden memory flash. I'm not sure what it was, but I know that the man I loved is dead. He's gone. He's gone forever.”
    On the plane Luis looks at the picture of the boat and sighs, “I thought we had forever. The rest of our lives.” He lowers his head into his hands. The flight attendant asks, “Are you all right, sir?” Luis looks up, “Yeah, I'm fine. Why?” She says, “You seem upset. Can I help?” Luis replies in a husky emotion-filled voice, “No. No, thanks. There's nothing anyone can do. I lost the woman I love. The only woman I’ll ever love.”

On the island, Brian asks Diana how she knows that the man she loves is dead. She replies, “I told you -- I had a memory of holding him in my arms. His body was just lifeless.” Brian asks if she can remember anything about him or his name. Visibly upset she replies, “No. That's what's so upsetting. I mean, I can see his face, but I never hear his voice. I can see the face of the man I love, but I just don't remember his name. I'm sorry. You must be so sick of hearing me go on about my amnesia.” Brian says, “No. Not at all. But I just think that it's time you stop dwelling in the past. If you say that the man that you loved is dead, then maybe it's time you started focusing on the future.” Diana turns away from him, “What future? I don't have one. I have no one.” He reminds her again that she has him.

On the plane, Luis has another flashback of him and Sheridan on the boat in Bermuda. Walking past his seat, the flight attendant asks, “You feeling any better?” Luis looks up, “Yeah, I'm fine.” She says, “You know what they say? Time heals everything.” Luis gives a small smile, “Yeah. That's what they say. But ever since Sheridan died, I've been fantasizing that she's still alive. I've been hoping that some miracle will happen and that somehow I'll see her again.” She asks if that is why he is going to Bermuda. Luis replies, “No. No, Sheridan died down there. I'm just hoping that going back down will help me finally accept that she's gone.” Looking out the window, Luis asks, “What's that island down there?” The attendant replies, “St. Lisa's island. It's one of the many small islands surrounding Bermuda.” Luis replies, “It's actually where I'm headed. At least there won't be any memories of Sheridan down there.”

Looking up as they hear the plane overhead, Brian asks, “What is it?” Looking at the plane Diana replies, “I don't know. Something about that plane. I just -- I had a funny feeling. It's nothing.” Brian says, “Come on, let's go inside.” They walk down the steps. Arriving at the hotel Diana stops and smells the roses which makes Brian ask, “What is it about roses that stops you, Diana?” She has a flashback of Luis handing her a red rose at the rosebush outside her cottage, so she responds, “I don't know. The scent. Brings back memories of the man I loved.” He suggests that maybe he used to bring her roses. She has a flashback of kissing Luis after the misunderstanding they had over doing without the Crane money. She shrugs, “What's the point? He's gone. And you're right. I have to get on with my life.” Brian says, “You know, Diana, if that rosebush makes you unhappy, I can convince Liz to dig it up. I'll plant something else.” She looks up, “No, that would be silly. I mean, you're right. I've got to get past these memories and move on with my life.” Brian says, “Well, I just want you to know that I meant what I said. I'm here for you, and I'm not going anywhere.” She smiles, “I appreciate your friendship so much.” Brian says, “I don't really think you understand what I was saying.” Diana questions, “What do you mean?” Brian asks, “Do you believe in love at first sight?” Diana looks away in shock and walks inside. As she walks inside the lobby, Luis arrives in the courtyard and stands by the rosebush.

Inside Brian is insistent, “Diana, I have to know. Do you believe in love at first sight?” She is flustered and doesn't know what to say, “I don't know. I'm -- I’m not sure it ever really happens.” Brian says, “Well, it does happen because it happened to me. Look, I know this sounds crazy and I probably should wait to tell you this, but, Diana, I love you. I love you.” (Well, we know from later on in the Titanic story that he didn't really love her but he had a spell placed on him to love her instantly. What a curse on Sheridan that turned out to be!) She looks shocked but Brian pulls her into a kiss anyway. As Brian is kissing her, Sheridan has several flashbacks of Luis kissing her.

Outside in the courtyard of Liz's hotel, Luis stops in front of the rosebush and picks one. He then has the flashback of Sheridan telling him, “Whenever we're apart, just look at this rose and you'll know that I’m thinking of you, that I haven't forgotten about you, I haven't forgotten our love.” Coming out of the flashback Luis looks so sad as he whispers to himself, “You got to let it go, man. She's gone.” He picks up his bag and walks to the door.

Inside, Diana pushes Brian away, “I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let you kiss me. I thought I was with the man that I love, the man that I lost.” Brian says, “That man, the one you once loved -- you said he was dead.” She says, “I know. I had a memory of holding his lifeless body in my arms.” She has the vault flashback again. “It would take a miracle to bring him back. But the love that I have for him will never die. It is so deep inside of me. And that will last forever.” She cries and runs off into the back yard and Luis enters the lobby from the front side. He calls out, “Hello?” He hears Brian calling Diana's name and calls out, “Hello, is there anyone here? Diana?”

Now outside, Brian calls for Diana to wait. Diana is crying so Brian says, “I just want you to understand that I know why you kissed me back. Because you thought I was the man that you loved.” She nods yes. Brian continues, “Well, I kissed you because I love you.” She says, “Oh, you can't say that.” Brian insists that it is true but she insists that it can't be. They just met. (This is day three since he fished her out of the sea.) Brian insists, “Diana, look, I have been close to other women before and I have never felt anything like this. I was in love with you from the moment that I pulled you out of the water.” (Yes, and we all know exactly why that is!) Diana is clearly upset now and raises her voice, “No, I was half-dead when you pulled me out of the water. You felt sorry for me and you still do.” Brian still insists, “You're wrong, Diana.” She replies, “You know, remembering the man that I love and that no one would come looking for me really hurt me. You saw how torn up I was. And you kissed me because you're a nice guy.” Brian says that isn't true. She says, “You saved me from drowning. You saved me physically. And now you're just trying to save me emotionally by saying that you love me.” Brian says, “Look, you can invent all the excuses that you want to, but the fact of the matter is...” She holds up her hand to stop him, “No, please, just don't. Don't say "love." I know what true love is. And I will never feel that again.” She begins crying even harder than before. Brian tells her not to cry as he holds her.

Walking into the lobby, Liz sees Luis and guesses, “The boat owner's friend.” Luis smiles, “Yeah. Yeah, I came down here to sail it back.” Liz introduces herself and tells Luis that it is a pleasure to meet him. She says that she has talked to Beth a few times on the phone but they have never met. Luis asks, “Oh, you run this place?” Liz replies, “Yep. Joint's mine. All mine.” Luis thinks it is nice. She says that things have been slow. Luis comments, “Well, I know you've got at least a couple guests. I came in and I heard some guy call a woman named Diana. I didn't see them. They were already going out when I came through the door.” Liz didn't know they were back and she walks over to look out the door. She doesn't see them so she figures they left already. Luis asks, “Well, are they guests or they just work here?” Liz replies, “Well, one's a friend -- Brian. He's a local fisherman, does odd jobs for me. But Diana -- I don't know much about her. She's a newcomer.” Luis smiles, “Well, this sure is a beautiful island. I mean, at least it looks that way from the plane. Well, I think I'm going to go stretch my legs out and check some of it out from sea level, and then I’m going to head down to the dock, check out the boat, you know, make sure it can make that trip back to the states.” Liz replies, “Oh, I think it's pretty seaworthy. Had Brian work on it for me.” Luis says, “Oh. Well, that's good.” Liz smiles, “Yeah, it was really a one-person job. Diana volunteered to give him a hand, though I don't figure she was much of a help.” Luis says, “He just likes her company, huh?” Liz tells him, “For now. We'll see. You know what -- if you want a good look around the island, why don't you climb that hill behind the hotel. It's called lovers' leap.” Luis says, “Thanks. I'll take you up on that.” He leaves for his walk.

As they reach the look out at lovers leap, Brian says, “You know, I thought you could've used some exercise, but you're not even huffing and puffing. That was a pretty steep climb back there.” She asks, “Was it? Didn't really notice.” Brian comments, “That's because you are in a-one shape. Oh, I love this place.” She adds, “You can see almost the entire island.” Brian informs her, “Yeah, it’s called lovers' leap. Legend has it that a young woman threw herself from this cliff when she found out that the man she loved was lost at sea.” She looks sad, “Lost at sea?” Brian apologizes, “I’m so sorry. I didn't mean to bring up that memory that you had.” She says, “No, it's all right. I just can't help but wonder if the man that I loved died at sea while I survived.” While she looks around a gust of wind blows her scarf from around her neck, then she loses her footing and falls over the cliff. As she screams, Brian catches her hand and pulls her back up to safety. When she is back on the ground, she says, “You're becoming like my guardian angel. That's the second time you've saved my life.”

Brian replies that he would do anything for her. She sighs, “Oh, Brian.” He says, “Look, I know I said I wouldn't talk about love, but if you'd fallen off that cliff just now, I don't know what I would have done.” She says, “The altitude's getting to both of us. Let's get out of here.” They stand up and walk off in one direction as Luis arrives at lovers leap from the opposite direction. Luis looks up to the sky, “How am I supposed to do it, Sheridan? How am I supposed to go on without you?” Luis looks around and spots the scarf.

Back at the hotel, Diana says, “I'd love to go back up there again, maybe even take a picnic.” Brian says that he will arrange everything but she tells him that he doesn't have to. Brian replies, “Hey, I want to. I want to make your stay here as special as possible. I know you're getting closer to remembering your past, and if and when you do, I hope that you're ready to forget the life that you left behind you and you'll be willing to stay on here with me.” Diana responds, “Look; I don't know what the future holds, Brian, but I can tell you it's good to have you in my life. When I needed a friend the most, you were there.” He tells her that he always will be. Looking down, she says that she must have dropped her scarf on lovers leap. Brian offers to go get it but she says that she will get it and be right back.

At lovers leap, Luis whispers, “I would have searched forever for you, Sheridan. I would have gone to the ends of the earth. But now I have to accept that you're gone, that you're gone forever. Good-bye.” He throws the rose that he has been carrying over the cliff. Luis looks over at the scarf and tries to reach out for it.

Seeing Brian arrive, Liz tells him, “The guy that's going to sail the boat back just got here. He's out taking a walk and he's going to go check on the boat later.” Brian notes, “Well, it's all set to go. Diana and I got her in shipshape. You know, we really worked well together. I'm beginning to think that Diana and I may just have a future together.” Liz says, “Well, I just hope you don't wind up getting hurt, Brian. Diana has a past, and one day it's going to catch up to her.”

To be continued...

Thanks to Passions Central for their wonderful screen caps.
    Ann