Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: SHUIS Picture of the Day: Part 7

Smile Thursday's Tearful SHUIS Summary & Pictures of the Day............

As Luis sits on a boulder on the beach in Bermuda, he cries, “You had the most beautiful smile. It lit up a room. It lit up my life. So many boats out there. If only one of those boats could bring Sheridan back to me.” On one of those boats, Brian watches an unconscious Sheridan, “It's going to be ok, pretty lady. We'll be docking soon. We're going to get you all the care you need, I promise. I'll bet that there's some one's out there looking for you. Of course. Pretty woman like you, they'll probably be waiting on the dock when we arrive.”

As tears continue to make tracks down his cheeks, Luis so sadly says, “If only Sheridan was on one of those boats -- why do I keep doing this? Letting my imagination get the best of me? Sheridan's gone. She's gone forever. This is all I have. (He looks at the urn that contains Sheridan's ashes.) This and the memories.” Luis thinks back to Sheridan opening the door when they went on their first date and she wore the red dress. Luis whispers, “I can't accept it. Sheridan can't be gone. She can't be. She can't be.”

On the boat, Brian watches over Sheridan, getting her into dry clothing. He and the other fisherman talk about whether she is married. Brian decides that she must have a husband or boyfriend who must be worried sick about her.

Holding onto the urn, Luis sadly proclaims, “I'll never forgive myself for not marrying Sheridan. Never. I just hope Ethan listens to my advice and marries Theresa as soon as possible.” In the wedding chapel, Ethan is trying to do just that. As the JP begins the ceremony once again, Theresa cries out, “Wait! What about Luis? Oh, Ethan, he's the only family I have down here with me. He should be here. I can't get married without my brother.” Chad goes off to find Luis on the beach. Luis arrives and says, “Hey. Glad to see you took my advice. Marry her now, Ethan, or you'll always regret it.” Theresa gives Luis a hug as he says, “I'm just glad to be here to share in this special moment.” Rebecca is ready to go and the JP says with exasperation, “Very well. For the umpteenth time -- dearly beloved, we are gathered here to join these men and these women ...” The ceremony is interrupted again by a hotel employee looking for Julian. He has news that Ivy has been hurt, struck by lightening and may not live. Ethan is upset by the news.

On the boat, Brian decided to get Sheridan some warm soup and hot water bottles to help warm her up. As he leaves, the drunken boat captain come in and wants to have some fun with Sheridan. He strokes her cheek as she sleeps. Brian returns and demands that the captain leave her alone. When the captain pulls his knife out again, Brian tells him to put it down. He throws the knife on the floor near Brian and leaves. Brian returns to standing over Sheridan and whispers to her, “It'll be all right. I'm sorry. I should never have left you. I'll never leave you alone again.” (Wow! That was certainly foreshadowing because Antonio would do anything that he had to in order to “keep” Sheridan even though he knew that she loved another...his brother.)
    Since Ethan is upset about Ivy, Julian has secured a jet to take them all back to Harmony immediately. Theresa tells Luis, “Come back with us, Luis. Julian offered us a free trip.”

Luis says, “I'm not ready to leave Bermuda. It's the last place that I was with Sheridan. I'd give anything right now for just one more moment with her. There's so many boats out there. (Luis smiles at Theresa.) And I -- I keep thinking, what if Sheridan's on one of them? What if she's on one of them, just -- she's on her way to come back to me? I know it's just wishful thinking.” On the boat, Brian sits on the edge of Sheridan's bed, “You know, you've got to have a boyfriend even though you're not wearing a ring. Guys like me, we never even get to talk to a girl like you. Whoever your man is, I hope he knows how lucky he is to have such a beautiful woman in his life.

Back on the beach with Sheridan's ashes, Luis looks out to sea, “If only a boat could bring Sheridan back to me.” Looking out the window on the boat, Brian says, “Land. We're almost there. I told you I'd take care of you. Now whoever's been looking for you since the hurricane is about to get the surprise of his life.”

To be continued...

Thanks to Passions Central for the Shuis screen caps.
    Ann

Smile Friday's Farewell SHUIS Summary & Picture of the Day.............

Standing on the beach with Luis, Chad says, “I wish -- I wish there was something I could say or do.” Luis turns with tears in his eyes, “Well, thanks, but there isn't.” Chad says, “Ethan said you weren't flying home with us, but it's not too late to change your mind.” Looking out to sea, Luis cries, “No, I just -- I just want to stay at the last place that I was with Sheridan. If I go, I'll be -- I'll be admitting that she's really gone, and -- hey, don't worry, man. My head knows that she is, you know? It's just having a hard time getting the message through to my heart. You know, it's -- it's like in spite of everything I still look out to sea, and I still think that maybe she's out there. Maybe she's on one of those boats coming back to me.”

Brian sits next to Sheridan's bed and hovers over her, “She looks like an angel when she sleeps -- an angel who's fighting for her life. Don't you worry, angel. We're going to get you to land soon. I'm going to get you to a doctor straightaway. He's going to make you feel all better. Then I'm going to look for your people because I know that there are folks out there looking for you. They may even think that they've lost you. I can imagine the surprise on their face when they find out that you're going to be all right.”

A concerned Chad asks, “You're not -- you're not saying that you think Sheridan's on one of those boats out there, are you?” Luis replies, “I'm not that far gone. It's just wishful thinking. Her identity was confirmed through her fingerprints and dental records. There's no arguing with that.” Chad sadly says, “I really am sorry.” Luis smiles and softly says, “I know. You were one of the lucky ones. You knew her.” Chad replies, “Yeah. Not as well as I would have liked to, though. But, Luis, anyone could have seen that she was special, man. I mean, she had a kind of light to her.” Luis smiles at the thought of Sheridan, “I know. She would walk into a room and it would brighten. People would just start smiling because she was there. You know, it's like before I met her, I was -- I was living my life in black and white. She came along and bam, you know, it was in Technicolor.” Chad smiles, “Yeah, that's love.” Luis replies, “Yeah. You know, it's -- it's one thing to get along without it when you don't know it exists, but once you've tasted it -- I don't know how you go on.” Luis turns to look out to sea again as Chad puts his hand on Luis' shoulder in support, “Hey, you know -- I used to think that I was carrying this heavy load because I didn't know who my parents were. And now I see that it's a hell of a lot worse to lose something that you had than something that you never had any idea of. But I know that you hearing that right now is not going to take the pain away.” Luis whispers, “Yeah.” Looking out to sea again, Luis softly says, “You know, it's weird, isn't it? The bottom dropped out of my world today. All those fishermen out there on those boats, coming home like they do every night without a clue. (Luis' voice breaks here.) It's just another day. Just another day.” Out on one of those boats, Brian says to an unconscious Sheridan, “Hang on, angel, we're about to dock. I've got to go help get us in, but as soon as we get tied up, I'm going to come back down and I'll get you, ok?” On the beach, a teary-eyed Luis turns back to Chad, “Well, there's nothing for me out here. I'm going to head back to the hotel, man.” He hugs Chad and slowly walks back to the hotel with Sheridan's ashes.

On the beach, Brian and another man carry Sheridan across the sand on a stretcher. The man asks how Brian found the lady. He tells him how he pulled her up in his net thinking that she was dead. It is a miracle that she survived the storm. She now needs professional help so they need to get the doctor. The men pick up the stretcher and head toward the hotel.
    Luis enters the hotel and sees the group gathered in the lobby. When Theresa sees him, she asks, “Luis. You've changed your mind. You're coming back home with us?” Luis softly says, “No, I'm going to stay here for a while.” Theresa tries to convince him, “But you should be home, Luis, where we can take care of you.” Luis says, “Yeah, I just want to stay here. It's the last place I saw Sheridan.” Ethan agrees with Luis, “Let him do what he needs to do.” Theresa reaches up to hug and kiss him, “I love you, Luis.” Luis sighs, “Yeah, I know. I love you, too.” Chad and Ethan shake Luis' hand and they all walk off leaving Luis alone. As Luis turns and looks toward the lobby entrance, there is a commotion. Luis stops a bellman and asks, “Hey, what's going on?” The man replies, “One of the fishing boats picked up someone out at sea.” Luis says, “Yeah, well...” The man says, “Look, look, I need to get a doctor.” Luis looks again and quietly asks, “Sheridan?” Luis rushes toward the gurney and says, “Let me through. I got to see if this is my fiancée.” A man tries to stop him, “All right, watch it, fella. We got to get our patient to the hospital.” Luis :replies as he pushes by the man, “You don't understand. This could be my fiancée.” Luis looks down to see that the patient is a man. The man standing next to Luis says, “I could have told you it wasn't your fiancée if you'd have given me a chance.”

In another hotel, a woman enters the lobby as Brian arrives with Sheridan and asks, “ Brian, what happened?” Brian replies, “We caught her in our nets a couple of miles out. She's in bad shape.” The woman asks if she is she still breathing. Brian says that she is but she needs a doctor. Brian places Sheridan on the couch.

The woman asks why Brian didn't take her to Bermuda. It's not that much further and there's a hospital there. He didn't think they had enough time to get her there. She goes to call Doc. Liz, the woman, asks if he knows who she is but he doesn't.

On the jet that Julian secured for their trip back to Harmony, Theresa sees Luis board the plane and calls his name, happy to see him. Luis stops in front of her and replies, “Hey. I -- I realized there was no reason for me to stay here anymore. Sheridan's gone, and hanging out on the beach looking out to sea isn't going to bring her back, as much as I wish it would.” Ethan greets him, “Well, we're glad that you decided to come home with us.” Luis replies, “Well, thanks. I think that's what she would have wanted, even though there's no way I'll ever call that place my home without her.” Luis turns and takes a seat behind Chad and Whitney. He looks so lost and alone as he looks around. Luis looks out the window, “It's harder than I thought to leave the last place we were together. I thought saying good-bye at your funeral was tough. This is worse.” Poor Luis is just so despondent.

In the hotel lobby, Brian sits watching Sheridan. As Liz enters the lobby, she tells him, “Doc is on his way. He shouldn't be more than a few minutes.” Brian says, “I just hope it's not too late for her.” He looks up at the sound of the jet carrying the group from Harmony flies over and says, “Another one of those charter jets heading home from a nice vacation in Bermuda. Must be nice having that kind of money. Never have a thing to worry about.” On the jet flying away from Sheridan, Luis quietly says, “Good-bye, Sheridan. I'll always love you.”

To be continued...

Thanks to Passions Central for the screen cap of Sheridan.
    Ann

Smile Saturday's Sorrowful SHUIS Summary & Pictures of the Day......

Luis, Ethan, Theresa, Whitney, and Chad arrive home in Harmony and go straight to the hospital. Luis looks sad as Theresa asks him if he is thinking about Sheridan. He replies, “Yeah. It's like that preacher said at Sheridan's funeral -- "loved ones may die, but love always lives on." I'll always love Sheridan, dream about the life we could've had till the day I die.” As Ethan and Theresa head off to find Ivy's room, Luis finds Pilar. She is so happy to see that he is all
    right. She asks about Theresa. Luis tells her that Theresa is fine so Pilar asks about Sheridan. Luis is silent, which only worries Pilar. Luis tells his mom that Sheridan is dead.

Pilar and Eve are shocked. Hank walks up to the group and hears that Sheridan is dead, too. Luis tells them the whole story about the explosion and how Sheridan's body was discovered. Pilar tells Luis that she is very sorry and that Sheridan was like a daughter to her. Luis confides to his mother, “You know, I'm going to tell you something I haven't told anyone.” She asks, “What?” Luis says, “I know it sounds crazy, but I still think Sheridan's out there somewhere. She's alive. In my head, I know it's impossible, but my heart keeps telling me -- you know, my heart keeps telling me not to give up hope.” Pilar says she can understand him not wanting to believe she is gone but even if she did survive the explosion, she couldn't have survived the hurricane. That would be a true miracle. Pilar believes that as good as God is, he doesn't dispense miracles every day.

Hank later asks Luis if he's sure the right woman was cremated. Hank says they know Julian and Alistair can't be trusted. Luis says the body was too decomposed to make a positive ID so he had Sheridan's dental records and fingerprints faxed to Bermuda and they were used to verify that the body was Sheridan. Luis tells Hank that double checked everything himself because he couldn't believe it could be right. He didn't feel that Sheridan was dead. Luis sadly tells him that Sheridan is really dead. After Hank leaves, Luis heads to the chapel to be by himself and to pray for Sheridan.

On the island Brian has taken Sheridan to his friend Liz's hotel. Liz says that the lady is a knockout and lucky that he was able to save her. Doc arrives and looks over Sheridan and tells Brian that she is barely alive. Doc thinks it would help if they knew what happened to her. Brian tells him how he found her in a sarong so she probably wasn't out swimming. After his exam of Sheridan, Doc tells them that the girl should be just fine. He says that she has no serious injuries but he can't believe that she survived the sea. Liz says now they just have to find out who she is. Brian says a beautiful woman like that couldn't have been alone so someone must be looking for her. As he leaves Doc tells them to call him if she wakes up. Brian sits next to Sheridan and talks to her. As he is talking, Liz shows up looks into the room to tell him that Doc's boat just pulled in. Doc rushes in with news. He them that the lady Brian saved from the sea is Sheridan Crane. He is sure of it. Brian doesn't like that news. The three friends argue over the possibility that Brian's mermaid could be Sheridan Crane. Brian doesn't believe it could be her but Doc heard that her fiancée was looking for and that she was missing off the coast of Bermuda. After a debate, they decide that she must be Sheridan Crane. Brian decides that he better call the Crane family and let them know that she is alive. Her finance will be happy to know that she is alive.

To be continued...

Ann

Smile Sunday's Sympathetic SHUIS Summary & Pics of the DAy.........

As Liz and Doc look on, Brian picks up the phone to call the Cranes to let them know that Sheridan is alive.

He quickly hangs up the phone. He is sure that Julian will not believe his story. Doc asks why Brian thinks the Cranes wouldn't believe him. Liz thinks what is really going on is that Brian has fallen in love with his pretty lady. She says that he needs to forget that because she belongs with her family and her fiancee if she is Sheridan Crane. Brian knows that he has to make the call because someone like Sheridan Crane wouldn't want to spend her life with him. Brian wishes that Sheridan was someone else so she could stay with him on the island and spend the rest of her life with him. He has a daydream that he and the pretty lady marry and live happily ever after. He smiles but again picks up the phone to call Julian. Julian doesn't answer because he is busy being beaten up by Pilar, then Eve. Eventually, Julian answers the phone. Brian tells Julian that he has news about his sister, Sheridan.

In the hospital chapel, Luis asks God to please bring Sheridan back to him. Ethan finds him in the chapel. Luis talks to Ethan about how he was asking God to bring Sheridan back to him. Ethan tells Luis that won't happen. God is not going to bring someone back from the dead. Luis says his head knows Sheridan is dead and isn't coming back, but his heart just won't accept it. Ethan says he would die if he ever lost Theresa, and if anyone ever hurt her, he would kill them!

Tabitha and Timmy are summoned down into the basement where the dark forces tell Tabitha that she has failed them repeatedly. The bottle Hecuba is trapped in shows up, and it seems that Hecuba is still attempting to get out of the bottle. The dark forces tell Tabitha that it is time for her to be judged. They want a report on her incompetence. Tabitha tells them that she's been unable to separate Miguel and Charity because she's been working on other projects. For example, she has finally broken up Luis and Sheridan and they are both going to experience much pain and suffering. The dark forces ask if that is all she has done. Tabitha says that she has destroyed more true love in Harmony than any other witch she knows of. Not enough because Charity and Miguel's love is all that matter, so until she can tell him how she will stop them, she will not leave this basement alive. Tabitha says that she is going to use Kay to break up Miguel and Charity. Tabitha begs them for one more chance to destroy Miguel and Charity's relationship.

At the hospital, Ethan and Luis find Pilar and Theresa as they are crying. Luis demands to know what is going on here. Luis looks over his mother and realizes she has blood under her fingernails. Luis demands Theresa and Whitney tell him what is going on here. Pilar tells Luis not to badger his sister, she will tell him everything. Theresa begs her not to tell Luis the truth. She says it will ruin their lives! Pilar says that Julian Crane is a pig and he must be punished. Theresa says if she tells them the truth, they will spend the rest of their lives in prison. Pilar feels that Julian must be punished, he is evil. Luis and Ethan hear this, and Luis asks what Julian has done. Luis and Ethan ask Theresa if Julian did something to her. When they see Julian trying to sneak away, Luis and Ethan grab him. They notice the scratches on his face and again demand to know what he has done. Pilar shouts that Julian ruined Theresa. Luis and Ethan say they have heard enough, and he is dead.

On the island, Liz stops Brian from telling Julian that Sheridan is alive because she just saw the headline in the latest paper. The headline claimed that Sheridan died, her fiance identified her by dental records, and has been put to rest.

Brian is relieved. Liz says they'll have to wait until this woman wakes up and tells them who she is to find out her identity. They go back into Sheridan's room to check on her and she begins to stir. When she finally comes to, Liz and Brain explain what happened or as much as they know of what happened. Sheridan is obviously afraid.

Brian asks Sheridan who she is. Sheridan tries to talk but can't. Doc looks at her neck and says that she has a bruise on her neck which may have shocked her vocal cords. Liz goes to get her some soup to sooth her vocal cords. Sheridan quickly eats the hot soup. Doc notices that Brian is in thought. Brian says he really thought this girl was sent to him but it's obvious that she has more class in her little finger than he does in his whole body. He says girls like her don't fall for guys like him.

To be continued...

Thanks to Passions Central for the screen caps.
    Ann

Smile Tuesday's Trusting SHUIS Summary & Picture of the Day........

In her room on the island, Sheridan quickly eats her hot soup while Brian, Liz, and Doc look on. Doc says that the soup has done the trick because it got the pretty lady to smile. He says it looks like her throat must feel better so they will get to hear her voice. Sheridan clears her throat just as Brian asks her name. Sheridan begins to cough so Liz offers her some water. Brian again asks her to tell them who she is. They will notify the authorities so they can notify her friends and family that she is safe.

At the hospital in Harmony, Pilar shouts that Julian needs to be punished and scratched his face for what he did to Theresa. That is all that Luis and Ethan need to hear to try to teach Julian a lesson. They believe that Julian did something to Theresa but they don't know what it is. Luis shoves Julian into a chair. After asking him a few questions, Luis pulls Julian up by his lapels and shoves him right into Ethan who now grabs Julian and turns him around to face him. Luis gets right up in Julian's face and tells him that it is high time he pay for everything that he has done to Luis' family ...demeaning Pilar, using that damn impostor mask to try to break up him and Sheridan, his father's disappearance, and other things. Whitney asks her mother to stop Luis and Ethan so they won't go to jail, but Eve refuses, so Whitney turns to Chad who isn't willing to stop them either. Everyone wants to see Julian get what's coming to him. Ethan shoves Julian into a bank of chairs, while Julian says he didn't do anything. Luis has his turn, “Why should we believe a word out of your lying mouth? If you hadn’t used that impostor to keep Sheridan and me apart, we would have gotten married sooner and she might still be alive. But you cheated me out of that. Now it’s payback time.” Luis punches Julian in the gut, “That’s for Sheridan.” Julian groans.

In her room in the hotel on the island, Sheridan smiles but that quickly fades when she realizes that she can't remember her name. She becomes more frightened so Doc tells her to relax and take a deep breath and see if her name will come to her. Getting even more agitated, Sheridan says, “It’s not working! I can’t remember my name!” Brian asks if she can remember any other details but she says, “No, my mind is blank. I don’t remember anything before I woke up!” Liz says, “Don’t worry. Now, somebody out there must be looking for you, which means they've filed a missing persons report. I will call the police, get a list of all the people who had been lost in the storm, and we'll see if any of the names rings a bell.” Sheridan smiles her gratitude for Liz's help. Sheridan worries that she may never remember who she is.

When Liz returns to Sheridan’s room, Sheridan asks if she has the list. Liz says that she called the police but everyone who was reported lost in the hurricane has been accounted for. Sheridan is devastated that no one is looking for her and she wonders if that means that she doesn't have any friends or family. Is she all alone? Doc suddenly says that he knows who the pretty lady really is. Sheridan looks shocked but hopeful, “You know who I am?” He says that he certainly does. Doc tells her that he believes she is an alien who was thrown overboard from a spaceship. Sheridan looks at him with her mouth open and in shock.

Doc continues, “Once every hundred-earth years on the planet Corlan, the fairest female of the species is exiled to appease the Gods. There’s an elaborate send-off ceremony, and then the female is put on a spaceship where she’s sent to earth and dropped in the ocean. Then ...” Brian asks him to stop because he is scaring her. Doc thinks she can take it because Corlanian women are strong. He begins speaking to Sheridan in the Corlan language.

Police officers arrive to see what all the noise is in the hospital lobby. When they find out that Luis is one of the participants and that he is defending his sister's honor, and that Julian is the “victim”, they tells Luis and Ethan to have a good time but take it outside. Luis and Ethan each grab one of Julian's arms and drag him to the door to go outside before Whitney convinces Eve to stop them from killing Julian. Eve yells, “Luis! Ethan! Let Julian go!” Ethan asks, “Why should we?” Luis adds, “He hurt Theresa somehow. He deserves whatever he gets.” Eve informs them that they don't have all the facts. When Luis says they can beat the facts out of him, Eve says that she can save them the trouble. She can give them the whole story.

In Sheridan's room, Liz asks Doc to stop with the alien hooey. This woman is not an extraterrestrial. Doc says that is what the Corlanian want them to think and they are right in the middle of the Bermuda triangle. He wants to take a sample of her skin tissue to prove that she is an alien. Brian won't let him and Liz sidetracks him with talk of crop circles in the fields and takes him out of the room. Brian apologizes. Doc is a great doctor but he is a bit nutty when it comes to his belief in alien space travel. Once again Sheridan is worried about what she is going to do and where she will live. Brian tells her she can live at Liz's hotel as long as she wants to. Liz overhears this and wonders who is going to pay the bills for her.

Eve tells Luis and Ethan that Pilar was upset about Julian because of Ivy, not Theresa. Neither of them understand what she is talking about. Eve tells them that Julian had upset Ivy after she was recovering from surgery and she didn't need to be upset, especially since she just regained consciousness. Luis asks Pilar if that is true. Pilar tells him that is why she was so angry with Julian. A nurse stops in front of Julian and tells him to stay away from Ivy's room. She tells the group that Julian tampered with Ivy's IV and he could have killed her and that he called her nasty names. Ethan grabs Julian again and tells him never to touch his mother again. Luis pulls Ethan off this time, then Luis issues a warning of his own, to stay away from his family. He walks off, too, to follow Ethan and Chad.

To be continued...

Thanks to Passions Central for the screen cap.
    Ann

Smile Wednesday's Wondering SHUIS Summary and Pics of the Day....

In her room on the island and still in bed, Sheridan thanks Brian for all of them being so kind to her. Brian lets her know that she can stay there as long as she wants, much to the displeasure of Liz. Since Brian, Liz and Doc keep calling her Miss or Pretty Lady, Brian asks Sheridan to think of the first name that pops into her head. She immediately says, “Diana”. She wonders why that name came to her and thinks that perhaps she knew someone named Diana.

As Luis looks at a bench outside the Book Cafe, he has a flashback of he and Sheridan sitting there kissing with their coffee cups in hand.

Walking up to Luis, Hank asks if he is all right. Luis replies, “Yeah. Hank, it's just that everywhere I go reminds me of Sheridan. I don't know how I'm going to go on without her.” Hank knows that it's rough. Luis sadly replies, “It's just impossible for me to imagine my life without her.”

Beth approaches Hank and Luis outside the Book Cafe and greets the guys, then says, “I was so sorry to hear about Sheridan. I know how heartbroken you must be. Listen, if there's anything that I can do, please ask. Ok?” She hugs him as Luis thanks and says that he will. Beth heads into the Book Cafe to work. Hank looks at him, “I know you're hurting, Buddy, but Sheridan wouldn't want you to stop living.” Luis sighs, “I know. I should get on with my life.” Hank says, “You could try.” Luis sighs, “I will. It's -- it's just that I miss her so much. You know, I just remembered we had that conversation about you know when you find the right girl. Remember that?” Hank says that he does. Luis quietly and sadly says, “And we both said that we would know when we found our soul mate. I found my soul mate. It was Sheridan. Hank, Sheridan meant everything to me. And she's gone now. She's gone forever. So what am I supposed to do? I mean, how do I get over that? How do I just go on with my life?” Luis stares off and looks so sad.

Hank and Luis enter the Book Cafe where Luis sees Charity and Miguel. They both greet Luis and offer their condolences. Both give Luis a hug as Miguel says, “You know, it's almost unbelievable what could have happened to you.” Luis says, “Yeah. I still can't believe it.” Charity holds out a gift for Luis, “Hey, we have something to give to you. It might help.” Miguel adds, “We put it together on the computer. It's all the pictures we could find of you and Sheridan. Kind of a history of your relationship.” Charity says, “We were going to give it to you as part of your wedding present.” Luis is so touched, he smiles, and hugs Miguel and Charity, “It's really sweet of you two. Thank you.” Charity comments, “I know how horrible the explosion must have been. It was horrible when I saw it.” A confused Luis asks, “What are you talking about?” Charity looks toward Miguel who tells her it is okay to tell Luis. Charity explains, “I had a premonition of you and Sheridan on a boat, and I saw the boat explode.” Luis exclaims, “My God.” Charity continues, “We wanted to warn you, but we were on the island. We couldn't find a phone.” Miguel adds, “And because of the hurricane, you know...” Luis stops them, “No, no, no. I don't think it would have mattered. I wouldn't have believed that something like that could have happened. The sun was shining, and the boat was perfect. Sheridan was beautiful. I don't think we would have given your premonition a second thought.” Luis looks at the book with the pictures of him and Sheridan.

On the island, Doc arrives to check on Diana. Brian wants to make sure that he is not going to talk about his Bermuda triangle theories again. He assures them that he is just there to examine the patient. While Doc examines “Diana”, Liz takes Brian out to the lobby to ask him who is going to pay the bills for Diana since Brian can hardly pay his own tab. Brian promises Liz that he will pay for her expenses. Liz asks Brian why he bothers with those fishing boats when he could be making real money on those exclusive charter boats. She doesn't understand why he stays on the island. She reveals that she is stuck there because she bought this Godforsaken hotel and she knows that she will never be able to sell it. Doc is stuck there because he lost his license to practice in the United States after people found out about his theories on space travel. She doesn't think Brian is stuck there at all. He could leave if he wanted to. Brian says he wouldn't say that. Liz wants to know what he is hiding from and who he really is. Brian doesn't give her an answer. Liz thinks it is time he was honest with her.

In Sheridan's room, Doc continues his examination of “Diana”. She says, “Earlier you thought that I had been dropped into the ocean by an alien spacecraft. You weren't serious, though, were you?” Doc replies, “Well, all of us on this island are from somewhere. We're all running from something, hiding from something, trying to get away from something. Why should you be any different?” Sheridan asks, “You're all running or hiding?” He replies that they all are. She skeptically asks, “And, you think that I'm from another planet?” Doc instructs, “Could you take a deep breath for me, please?” Sheridan replies, “It's so strange. I mean, you seem like a good doctor.” Doc says, “I am. Another deep breath, please.” She continues, “And yet, you believe in aliens and strange happenings in the Bermuda triangle.” Doc replies, “Well, I'm not alone in thinking there are many unexplained things in the universe.” Sheridan asks, “You really think that I'm from the planet Corlan and that I was the most beautiful female on the planet, so they exiled me to earth?” Doc stands and gets something from his bag. Diana asks what it is. Doc sits on the edge of her bed and shows her a map, “Here. Look at these constellations and tell me if you recognize any of them because here is the planet from which you came.” Her eyes get as big as saucers!

At his table in the Book Cafe, Luis shows Hank one of the pictures in the memory book, “Look at this one, Hank. We had such a good time that day.” Hank says, “I don't want to sound like a monster or anything, Luis, but you can't mourn Sheridan forever.” Luis looks up and says, “Forever?” Hank explains, “I just don't want to see you walking around like -- like those people dressed in black the rest of their lives, never giving up their grief.” Luis replies, “I understand your concern, but I can't just suddenly flip a switch and be ok, all right?” Hank says, “Yeah. Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry. I'll stop bugging you.” He walks off. Watching Luis, Hank says, “I hope you don't waste away the rest of your life, my friend. Sheridan is never coming back.” Beth looks at Luis as she passes him as he looks at the book of his relationship with Sheridan. Hank sees the way she is looking at Luis and asks if she is still in love with him. Beth says that she is just worried about Luis and is praying that God will give him the strength to get over Sheridan.

At their table, Charity and Miguel have finished their sodas and are ready to leave the Book Cafe when Charity tells Miguel that she has the strongest feeling that Sheridan is not dead. She says that she feels Sheridan's presence. Miguel asks her not to tell Luis because it would just make him feel bad and get his hopes up. He is having a hard enough time dealing with Sheridan's death.

On the island, in Sheridan's room, Doc asks, “Are you sure you don't recognize any of the stars?” Sheridan says, “I'm sorry, but none -- I don't know anything about the stars.” Doc sighs, “Well, it was worth a shot. The Corlanian leadership obviously erased your memory before they dropped you into the sea.” He asks her to lift her blanket so he can examine her legs. He says that there is no swelling, no broken bones, just a few bruises. He would like to see if she can stand. Doc helps her to stand, and she smiles and walks to the window to look outside, “Feels good to stand. I'd love to see what it looks like outside. Oh. The moon is so bright. I can really see how beautiful this island is.”

In the hotel lobby, Brian asks Liz what she is running from. Neither of them is willing to give the answer or tell who they really are. Liz says that Diana can stay and help out when she is better. Brian assures her that he will pay for Diana's upkeep. Liz hopes that she has a rich family so she can get a nice reward like them buying that hotel from her. Brian says that no one is looking for Diana. Liz knows that Brian doesn't want her to leave. Liz reminds him that Diana is the only one here who really doesn't know who she is and she hopes that when she finds out, it doesn't hurt her or Brian. Liz walks off and Brian enters Diana's room to see that she is standing. She says, “I’m much better. Felt like walking around. You were gone for quite a while. Is there a problem with me staying here?” Brian replies, “No. No problem at all. You're welcome to stay here as long as you like.” Sheridan smiles, “Great. I wonder how long that will be. I mean, if I wasn’t reported missing, then that means that no one’s looking for me. I mean, who am I? Where did I come from? Why isn’t anyone looking for me? Don’t I have any friends or family or ...” Brian tells her to calm down because they are like a family here on the island. She is just like them so she can be a part of that family. Diana is surprised that they think of her as part of their family. As Liz walks to the window and looks out, Doc comments that Brian has already become attached to this girl. Liz knows and wonders how he will take it when she finds out who she is and leaves this island.

Watching Luis from across the room, Beth sighs, “Poor Luis. I’ve never seen him so miserable.” Hank says, “Neither have I. You know, I always thought things would turn out differently for us.” Beth did, too. Hank says, “I never thought that Luis would fall in love with Sheridan. I always thought that you two would end up together.” Beth admits that is what she wanted but Luis' family came first after his father disappeared. Then by the time Sheridan came along, Miguel and Theresa were almost grown, so Luis was free to start a relationship with Sheridan.

At his table in the Book Cafe, Luis continues to look at the pictures in the book of he and Sheridan. He runs his finger lovingly over the picture and says, “Good-bye, Sheridan. I’ll love you forever.”

To be continued...

Thanks to Passions Central for the wonderful Shuis screen caps.
    Ann

Smile Thursday's Troubled SHUIS Summary & Pictures of the Day.....

As Luis sits at a table in the Book Cafe, Beth tells Hank as they watch him from across the room, “He's been doing that for over an hour, looking at that photo album Miguel and Charity gave him.” Hank responds, “Well, with all those pictures of him and Sheridan...” Beth frowns, “He finishes it and then he starts at the beginning again, over and over.” Hank says, “God, I wish he'd just stop torturing himself. Sheridan's dead and she's never coming back.” Beth looks at Hank, “That's a little bit harsh, Hank. I mean, Luis does need to mourn. He needs to say good-bye to Sheridan in his heart.” Hank answers, “Yes, but she'd want him to get on with his life.”

On the island, “Diana” tells Brian that she feels better and would like to go for a walk and see more of the island. Doc thinks that is a fine idea. Walking around will get Diana’s blood flowing. It might even jog her memory. She hopes she might even remember her real name. Brian agrees to go for a walk for as long as she wants to stay out. Liz takes Brian out into the lobby and expresses her concern for him being able to get to work tomorrow to make money to pay the bills. Brian says he is going to take the day off. Liz is angry and sees this as not one day off but many because she thinks Brian will be wanting to stay around with Diana all the time.

At the Book Cafe, Beth takes Luis another cup of coffee. Looking so lost and alone, Luis says, “Oh. Thanks, Beth.” Beth adds, “If there's anything else I can do, just holler, ok?” Luis shakes his head then returns to looking at the memory book. Sitting down at Luis' table, Hank asks, “How long are you going to keep doing this, Buddy?” Luis looks up, “What?” Hank says, “Sit here staring at these photos.” Luis quietly says, “I don't know. I just miss her so much.” Hank replies, “Of course you do. But there's a fine line between mourning for somebody else and mourning for yourself.” Luis asks, “Is that what you think I’m doing?” Hank continues, “I know I sound like I’m a jerk, like I’m being hard on you, but I see this as tough love. You know, you're going to have to let Sheridan go. You're not going to be able to do that by sitting here staring pictures.” Luis looks away from Hank.

As Diana sees them enter her room, she asks, “Is everything all right?” Brian smiles, “Fine. Everything is fine. Actually, Liz here was just offering for the kitchen to make us some sandwiches. There's a little beach not far from here, actually, in walking distance. We can have a nice little moonlight picnic.” Diana smiles, “That sounds wonderful.” Liz quietly asks Brian, “And who's going to pay for those sandwiches?” Brian tells her to put them on his tab. Diana looks down at her feet and says that she doesn't have any shoes and the clothes she is wearing are the ones he got for her on the boat. Brian asks Liz if she would mind letting Diana borrow something to wear. Liz doesn't look pleased as she says that she is sure that her clothes wouldn't fit Diana. She says there may be something in this closet full of suitcases. She opens a closet door and announces that these were confiscated from guests who didn't pay their bills. Brian tells Diana to find something in that to wear and he will meet her in the lobby. He and Liz leave the room as Diana looks through the suitcases.

At the Book Cafe, Hank says, “I hate to see you in pain. Is that so wrong, wanting my best friend to feel better?” Luis replies, “And you think all I have to do is just try?” Hank replies, “Like I said before, I see this as tough love. I'm not giving up on it. So this is what I think you should do -- start small, have dinner with friends, with me.” Luis replies, “Yeah, that's small, all right.” Hank asks, “Meet me at the Lobster Shack in an hour. So it's a date?” Luis sighs, “Yeah. Yeah, I guess.” Luis leaves still looking at the memory book in his hand. Outside, Luis looks over at the bench where he remembered seeing him and Sheridan kissing as they held their coffee cups.
    As Diana enters the lobby wearing a long white sun dress, she sees the picnic basket and asks, “Is that ours?” Brian says, “Yeah. I thought we might get hungry, so...” Diana smiles, “I am getting my appetite back.” Brian picks up the basket and they head to the door. A woman enters the hotel and says they make a handsome couple and wants to take their picture. She does and hands it to Brian who hands it to Doc to keep for him. Diana turns to Doc and Liz and says, “You know, I just wanted to thank both of you from the bottom of my heart for everything that you've done.” Doc says, “It was our pleasure.” Diana smiled, “We'll be seeing you when we get back, I hope.” Liz replied, “Oh, we're not going anywhere.” Brian and Diana leave.

Luis arrives home and enters the kitchen, “What happened?” Theresa explains that Mama just dropped a pot. Ethan informs Luis that they decided to take his advice. They are planning their wedding. Luis says that Sheridan would have wanted it that way. Ethan smells something burning and Pilar realizes that it is the food. She is upset that she has burned the dinner. Luis says that he cannot remember Mama ever burning dinner before and if anything is burning in the kitchen it would be Theresa's cooking. Luis said that Theresa is a good cook but she is easily distracted. Luis tells them that he is going to the Lobster Shack for dinner with Hank and he invites all of them to go with him but they each have a reason not to go. Luis leaves to meet Hank.

Looking out over the island, Diana sighs, “This Island is so beautiful.” Sitting on a blanket on the ground, Brian asks, “Yes, it is. Are you hungry because that walk made me famished?” Diana walks toward the blanket, “I could eat the whole basket.” As she sits on the blanket, Brian says, “Go for it. You'll have to forgive the crude packaging.” Their sandwiches are wrapped in the newspaper. “Diana's” shows the headline about her (Sheridan) missing. At the hotel, Liz and Doc discuss Diana leaving the island when she regains her memory. Liz asks what might make her remember her past. Doc replies, “All kinds of ways. Who knows what could trigger her memory. It could be anything. Something as simple as a sign or a television program, a newspaper article -- anything. Anything could set her memory off.” Diana holds the sandwich in the newspaper up and says, “I'm so hungry; I could eat this paper and all.” She sees the headline and begins to read it. She reads, "Sheridan Crane put to rest." She repeats, “Sheridan Crane” and looks perplexed by the name.

Luis arrives at the Lobster Shack. As he sees Luis, Hank welcomes him, “Hey. You made it.” Luis sees that Hank has a date with him and Beth, “Yeah. Hank, I thought it was just going to be you and me for dinner.” Hank smiles, “Little change of plan. Figured it'd be better for you to be around more people than just your boring old bud.” Beth returns from the restroom and walks up next to Luis who is still standing beside the table, “Hey, Luis. I'm glad you're here. We were waiting on you to order, and I am starving.” Luis gives a small smile but he is not at all happy about this turn of events.

To be continued...

Ann

Smile Friday's Friendly SHUIS Summary & Pictures of the Day.....

Luis stands next to Hank's table at the Lobster Shack as Beth reaches his side, “Why don’t you sit down, have a glass of wine? I ordered your favorite. Wait a minute. You didn’t know, did you, that we were joining you?” Luis says, “No, actually I thought it was just going to be me and Hank for dinner, but...” Beth looks apologetic, “Listen -- I hope it’s ok.” Luis just looks at the floor. Looking rather sheepish Beth says, “It’s ok that I’m here, right? If it isn’t, I can go.” Luis kindly says, “No, no, no, it’s -- I’m just surprised, that’s all. This is great.” Luis holds the chair for Beth as she smiles, “Ok. Good. Then we can all have a nice evening together.” Luis unenthusiastically says, “Yeah.” Hank's date asks Beth to point her towards the power room so Beth offers to take her to it. As soon as they walk away Luis turns to Hank, “What’s going on, Hank?” Hank replies, “Nothing. I just thought it would be good for you to be out with friends, kick back. I was going out to dinner with Lisa tonight, and I thought it would be nice if Beth came along. You guys could talk, catch up on old times.” Luis rather testily asks, “A date? Is that what this is supposed to be? Is that what you told Beth?” Hank says, “Whoa. Would you just slow down? It’s nothing like that. I just invited Beth as a friend. You two go way back. I -- I thought it would be better for you to be out with friend than to sit alone someplace mourning.” Luis replies, “Oh, you figured that, huh?” Hank begins, “Remember when we talked...” Luis interrupts and angrily replies, “Yeah, and you -- you said that I needed to move on with my life because that’s what Sheridan would've wanted.” Hank says, “She would.” Luis quickly supplies, “Well, I am not ready to do that. And I am certainly not interested in any other woman. It’s only Sheridan. Sheridan’s the only one.”

On the island, Diana sits with Brian on a blanket on the sand at their picnic, “I’m so hungry; I could eat this paper and all.” As she looks at the paper that is wrapped around her sandwich she reads the head line out loud, “Sheridan Crane put to rest." Sheridan Crane.” The name sounds familiar to her. Trying to make small talk, Brian comments, “Oh, the wind shifted. Looks like we're going to have fair weather tomorrow. Not that we don’t have good weather most of the time around here anyway.” Deep in thought as she holds up the newspaper, Diana says, “It’s so sad.” Brian asks what is sad. Diana replies, “When the boat she and her fiancé were on exploded. She’s been missing since the hurricane and they sent out rescue crews, but there’s been no sign of her. I’m sorry. What were you talking about ...the weather? You were talking about the weather.” She puts down the paper as Brian says they are going to have good weather and more hurricanes over the next decades. Diana thinks that is too bad. She would hate to see the island damaged. She thinks it is almost like paradise. Brian says that it is paradise. Diana can't stop thinking about what she read in the paper. She picks up the newspaper again and says, “This poor woman lost at sea. This woman. Wait -- wait a minute. Could she be me? Could -- could I be Sheridan Crane? Could the missing woman be me?”

Putting his hand on hers, Brian says, “Diana, look – I brought you to this island and I took you to Liz’s, we thought for a moment that you might be Sheridan Crane. And we tried to contact the Crane family and let them know that we'd found her. But then we heard that a body had been recovered and, well, that she had died. And they identified the body through dental records and fingerprints. We knew that you must be somebody else after we heard that news, so ...” Looking so disappointed, Diana says, “You're right. There’s no way I could be Sheridan Crane. I guess it was too much to hope for.” Trying to distract her, Brian suggests, “Why don’t we see what other goodies Liz put in this basket?” Looking off in the distance, Diana sighs, “I just wish I could remember who I am, what my real name is, where I come from, if I have any family or loved ones. Brian, what if no one is looking for me?” Brian says, “Diana, I find it hard to believe that there’s not anyone out there looking for you.” Diana says, “But you said that all the people lost in the hurricane have already been found or at least accounted for.” Brian replies, “I know, and that doesn’t mean a thing. Someone can still be looking for you. I can’t imagine that you don’t have someone out there in your life, someone -- your family, a boyfriend.” She sighs, “I hope so. I feel such emptiness inside of me. I want so much to believe that there’s someone out there looking for me, that at least one person cares about me.”

At the Lobster Shack, Luis looks at Hank, “I’m not ready to move on yet, Hank.” Hank says, “I know...” Luis adds, “And I’m not interested in being with another woman.” Hank replies, “That’s not what I had in mind tonight. I just thought that being out with people you like...” Luis says again, “Well, it’s -- it’s not what I need right now, ok?” Hank says, “I’m worried about you, Buddy.” Luis tells him not to be. Hank continues, “I think you're still holding out hope that Sheridan will come back.” Luis sighs, “Hank, I’m not kidding myself. I know that Sheridan is gone. I mean, hell, I had enough evidence. All the reports that came in confirmed that it was Sheridan’s body that they found out at sea. Yeah, I would like to have hope and I would like to believe that she is coming back, but I know she’s not. And as far as moving on goes -- I can’t even think about that right now. It’s not right, and it’s not loyal to Sheridan’s memory. I just can’t do it.” Hank begins, “Ok, ok, I just think that...” Standing up, Luis replies, “You know what? Look, I’m just going to go get some air, all right? Now, you tell Beth that something came up and I had to go. I don’t want to hurt her. I just can’t do this right now.” He turns and walks out the door.

Standing on the wharf outside the Lobster Shack, Luis imagines that he sees Sheridan. He crosses the wharf to embrace her but there is no one there. Walking up to him, Beth asks if he is all right. Luis quietly replies, “Yeah. This is the hardest thing that I’ve ever had to go through, and I’m just -- I can’t do this tonight. I’m not ready.” Beth tells him, “It’s ok, Luis. I only want what’s best for you.” He thanks her. She says, “But I do want you to know that my being here tonight is only about friendship, and I made that clear to Hank when he invited me.” Luis says, “Well, you're a good friend.” Beth replies, “That’s all that hank had in mind, too. He just -- he wanted to get you out -- not for you to forget about Sheridan or me to take her place. That’s not what this is about. And if it was, I wouldn’t have come.” Luis gives her a small smile.

As they stand looking out over the ocean, Brian asks Diana what is on her mind. Diana can't stop thinking about Sheridan Crane. Her death was a tragedy, but at least ... She feels it is so wonderful how loved she was. Diana wishes that were her. Brian lets her know that somebody out there is looking for her. She just wishes that she could remember who she was so she could find whoever might be looking for her. Brian asks if not knowing who she is is starting to get to her. Diana replies, “Yeah. Memory is something you take for granted until you lose it. Without it, I don’t know how I’ll ever find my family. I mean, I don’t even know where I would start. Brian, will you help me? Will you help me find out who I am, where I belong?” Brian replies, “Sure. I’ll do whatever you want.” Diana thanks Brian. He has been so kind. He tells her there are no thanks needed. He just wishes that he knew how he could help ... where to begin. Diana says, “Well, one thing’s for sure -- I’m not Sheridan Crane.” Brian smiles, “Well, that’s a start. But I think that we've talked enough about dead people tonight, don’t you? I mean, Sheridan Crane may be dead, but Diana’s very much alive.” She says, “And I owe you for that. You saved my life.” Brian picks up the picnic basket to head back to the hotel as Diana turns and throws the newspaper into the fire.

Still standing on the wharf with Luis, Beth says, “I’ll be honest with you. I've never gotten over you. But you already know that.” Luis replies, “Well, that’s why I didn’t want you to get the wrong idea.” Beth tells him, “No, I won’t. I know you love Sheridan. From the moment she came along, I saw the way you were around her. It was pretty clear how you felt. And it hurt, I’ll admit. I wanted to hate her. But then I saw how happy you two were together, how genuine your love for each other was. So I accepted it because I wanted you to be happy. And then I saw what a wonderful person Sheridan was and I really grew to like her. We became friends. You know, we've had some long talks together, most of which you don’t even know about.” Luis looks surprised, “You did?” Beth smiles, “Yeah. We talked a lot about you, life, all kinds of things.” Looking hopeful Luis says, “Well, tell me everything. I just want to know more about her, what she thought and what she felt. I just want to hear it all. Tell me about your talks with Sheridan. I just need to fill in the gaps, know everything I can about her.” Beth nods, “Of course. I’ll share it all. We'll talk as friends, mourn the loss of Sheridan together.” Luis smiles, “I'd like that.” Beth reminds him, “I’m here for you, Luis.” Luis looks up, “Yeah. Well, I guess we should go back in, see how Hank and Lisa are doing.

To be continued...

Thanks to Passions Central for the wonderful Shuis screen caps.
    Ann