Tuesday's Touching SHUIS Summary and Picture of the Day. . . . . .

Standing in front of the altar in the church, Ivy announces that she has something to tell everyone. Watching on the monitor, Alistair interrupts a call, “I want to listen to this. I'll call you back.” In their front row seat, Francisco comments, “Mrs. Crane looks very angry.” Cristina shakes her head, “Yeah. I do not have a good feeling about this. Not good at all.”

Ivy begins, “As you all know, a secret I had kept since the day that Ethan was born was recently revealed in a horrifying manner. Someone got a hold of my personal letter, and instead of doing the honorable thing and coming to Ethan or to me, this person did the lowest, most reprehensible thing possible. She sent it to a tabloid. Instead of my painful revelation coming out privately so that Ethan and Julian and Sam and I could talk it through, it was trumpeted to the whole world through a sleazy tabloid headline, which destroyed Ethan's life and shattered everyone close to him. The idea of someone doing something so heartless was, as you can imagine, alarming to me. I couldn't believe that anyone would ever want to hurt Ethan, and certainly no one who ever truly cared about him. But I was wrong. And now I have the proof that the person who ruined Ethan's life is someone so devious that she managed to convince all of us that she is a sweet, innocent girl when nothing could be further from the truth! Well, I know the truth, and I am going to expose her the same way she exposed my secret! The person who ruined Ethan's life and took everything away from him is the same person who stands here today claiming she loves him, claiming she wants to marry him! And that person is Theresa Lopez Fitzgerald!” She points and looks at Theresa while the guests gasp. Ivy makes things clear, “Theresa is the one who sent my letter to the tabloid! She is the one who exposed my son's paternity!” Theresa cries, “No, this is not true. I didn't do this. I would never do this!” Ivy yells, “Oh, I knew you would deny it. That is why I brought proof!” She holds up the tabloid.

In their seats in the front pew, Tia Cristina exclaims, “I don't believe our Theresa is capable of doing such a thing.” Francisco says, “Of course she wouldn't. Theresa's a good girl.” Cristina agrees, “Yes.” Francisco nods, “Mrs. Crane must be mistaken.” Ivy again states, “Theresa Lopez Fitzgerald is the one who betrayed my son! She sent my letter to the tabloid! It's all in here!” Theresa cries, “No, this is not true! I didn't do this, Ethan!” Luis turns to Sheridan, “My sister wouldn't do this. There's got to be a mistake. Theresa couldn't have. She loves Ethan.”

Ivy continues, “I trusted you, Theresa. I took you into my home. I gave you a job! I supported your relationship with my son, and this -- this is how you repay me? No, Ethan. There is no way you are going to marry this conniving bitch! Everyone gasps. Ivy turns to Father Lonigan, “I'm sorry, Father, but there is no other word for her. There's no way, Ethan -- no way this wedding is going to go on!”

In the library of the Crane mansion, Julian answers the phone, “Yes, Father.” Alistair asks, “You still watching this, Julian?” Julian says, “Oh, I'm glued to the set.” Alistair shouts, “Well, unglue yourself and do something.” Julian replies, “Well, what can I do? It's out of my hands. Ivy stopped the wedding. It looks as if Ethan won't be marrying Theresa now.” Alistair booms over the phone, “Do I give a damn about those two? I couldn't care less if they got married. But Sheridan and Luis are another matter. They have to go through with the ceremony. He has to put that ring on her finger, no matter what.” Julian replies, “Well, I can't see that not happening, Father. I mean, even if Ethan walks away from Theresa, I'm sure that Luis and Sheridan will continue their wedding.” Alistair, “Better hope they do, Julian, because one way or another, Sheridan must die today. And if it's not via the poisoned ring, then you'll have to do it. It'll be up to you to kill your sister.”

Standing next to Sheridan, Luis says, “Look at my sister. She's devastated. On her wedding day. Wish there was something I could do for her.” Looking toward Ethan and Theresa, Sheridan replies, “I don't think there's anything that either of us can do.” Luis takes her hands in his, “I'm sorry. I wanted your wedding day to be perfect for you.” Sheridan looks at him, “It's yours, too. We'll both be disappointed. Right now I'm more concerned about Ethan and Theresa and what this means for them.” Luis assures her, “Well, this whole thing is a lie. That tabloid is a total sleaze. They don't care what they print as long as they stir up trouble or sell papers. Theresa's innocent. She'll be able to prove it. I know she will.”

While Ivy takes Ethan to another area of the church to talk, Pilar goes to Theresa's side, “How can this be, mija? Hmm? You told me you deleted that letter from the computer.” Theresa replies, “Mama, I did.” Pilar asks, “Then how could Ivy's letter have been sent from your computer?” Theresa replies, “I don't know, but I swear I didn't send it. I would never do such a thing, mama. Please believe me. I would never hurt Ethan.” Pilar sighs, “I believe you. I do. I just don't know if anyone else will.”

Standing in the back of church near the bank of candles, Charity says, “I can't believe this could happen to Ethan and Theresa -- two people who love each other so much.” Miguel replies, “My sister didn't do it, Charity, all right? She is completely innocent. I know she is. She'd never hurt Ethan.” Charity says, “Look, I know that, but look at what's happened. I can't see them getting married now, can you? And if this kind of thing could happen to Ethan and Theresa, something could break the two of us apart.” Miguel exclaims, “No, all right? That is never going to happen. Nothing can ever come between us.”

Standing in front of the altar with Sheridan, Luis and Chad, Whitney says, “I can't even imagine what this is doing to Theresa. I mean, Ethan is her whole world. This wedding meant everything to her.” Chad says, “Yeah, well, life's going to be rough on her now.” Whitney assures, “Chad, she did not do this. There's no way she did.” Chad, “I'm not saying she did, all right? I'm agreeing with you, ok? I mean, it's hard for me to imagine somebody who loves Ethan as much as she does would do something like this to hurt him.” Whitney says, “Well, she didn't. I know she didn't.” As she approaches the group, Gwen asks, “Sheridan, you ok?” As Sheridan stands with Luis holding her hand, “Yeah, I'm fine. It's Ethan I'm worried about.” Gwen replies, “I know this is your wedding, too, and to have something like this happen is just ...” Sheridan says, “It's unbelievable.” Gwen says, “Just such a shock.” Still holding Sheridan's hands ,Luis turns to Hank, “Well, Hank, I guess you better hold on to this for us.” He takes the rings from his pocket before Sheridan tries to stop him, “Wait -- what are you doing?” Luis smiles at her, “Don't worry, Sweetheart. Everything's going to be fine. I'm just going to give it to Hank to hold onto it for safe keeping. I am going to marry you today, promise. I'm going to put this ring on your finger and I'm going to make you my wife.” Looking on from the library, Julian comments, “That's right, Luis. That's what you're going to do. I'm counting on it. Because if you don't, I'll have to kill Sheridan myself.”

Theresa joins Ethan and Ivy as they talk, “I didn't do this. I never did this.” Ethan replies, “No, Theresa said she didn't do it, and I believe her.” Ivy says, “The tabloid said it has proof that it was Theresa.” Ethan asks, “Since when do you believe what's in a tabloid? You always said they were full of nothing but trash.” Ivy agrees, “Yes, that's true. But this is the same tabloid that broke the story about your paternity, and they were right about that!” Ethan replies, “So they're wrong now! Theresa couldn't have sent the letter! She would never do something like that to me.” Ivy begs Ethan not to believe Theresa but Ethan says that he does believe her and wants to get back to the wedding. Theresa beams!

Looking on, Luis holds Sheridan's hands as they stand facing each other, “See, now, I told you everything was going to work out.” Sheridan smiles, “Yes, you did.” Luis adds, “And we are definitely getting married today.” Sheridan smiles adoringly at Luis. In her pew Cristina turns to Pilar, “You see, Pilar. Everything is all right. There's nothing to worry about.”

Ivy is still trying to convince Ethan not to marry Theresa but he tells Ivy that if she says she didn't do it, he believes her. Theresa says, “I love you, Ethan, and I would never do anything to hurt you.” Ethan announces, “I know that. Everyone -- sorry about the interruption. But I'd like to get back to the ceremony.” Holding Sheridan around the waist, Luis smiles, “Yeah. Thank God they worked it out.” Sheridan smiles, “And our wedding will be back on track.” Luis smiles at her and kisses her cheek.

Cristina marvels, “Oye. This Ivy -- she's a little loca, no?” Francisco gives a skeptical look, “More than a little, I think.” Cristina replies, “Yeah? Huh. But this wedding is going on. Nothing can stop Ethan and Theresa from getting married today.” Pilar replies, “I hope not.”

Standing by Ivy's car toward the back of the church, Miguel asks, “Feel better?” Charity replies, “I don't know.” Miguel soothes, “But everything's fine now. I mean, Ethan and Theresa are going to get married.” Charity says, “I know, and I'm happy for them, Miguel. But I'm sorry. I can't shake this feeling that something really terrible is going to happen here.” Miguel asks, “Can you tell me what?” Charity sighs, “I don't know. Whatever it is, it's going to cause terrible heartache and pain, Miguel.”

Luis asks, “The ring ready?” As he pulls out the ring, Hank replies, “: Right here, buddy. Won't be long now before Sheridan will be wearing it.” Luis grins, “I can't wait. Yeah, well, you hold onto that ring because I'll be needing it real soon, all right?” Hank shrugs, “Come on. I won't let anything happen to it.” Luis grins, “Nice.”

Julian speaks up, “It's all systems go, Father.” Alistair says, “Excellent. The wedding is back on track and we are back in business. Won't be long now before Luis slips the ring on Sheridan's finger, and then she'll no longer be a problem.”

Ethan says, “Well, Father, let's pick this up where we left off, shall we?” Father Lonigan replies, “Very well. I just need a moment. Then we can begin again.” The wedding parties stand at the altar in front of Fr. Lonigan ready to get married.

To be continued...