Thread: Where is everyone??

Post Where is everyone??

Just wondering where ya'll are. Everyone must be so busy....vacationing, spending time with the family, gardening, or maybe doing some house cleaning.

I hope no one is sick. I have had a stomach viris this week. I feel like I was going to have bed sores laying in bed for so long.

OK, guess someone is off on their harley and maybe traveling around the countryside enjoying the sites.

Just missing you gals. Hope you all are OK.

CJ
    Have a great day!
    CJ

Cool Re: Where is everyone??

Hi, CJ!

I'm here, almost 2 weeks later! I can't speak for anyone else, but I have been very busy in my yards the past few weeks. We had a terrible winter here in the midwest, and it is so nice to be able to spend some time outside again. I would like to say I'm done planting, but I don't think anyone is ever done planting. ) Our pond is doing well, but it was very sad that we lost 3 fish over the winter.

I do hope you are feeling better by now. Those viruses can be nasty. Wish I had some exciting news or something important to say. I'd post more if I did. But, life is sort of SOS around here. And, that's okay, too. Oh, I do have news. Youngest ds graduated with his masters in May. And, he has a job. It's only temporary, but any job is quite a big deal these days.

I'll see if I can shake up any of the others to come over and post!

Post Re: Where is everyone??

Quote Originally Posted by ChaiLover View Post
    Hi, CJ!

I'm here, almost 2 weeks later! I can't speak for anyone else, but I have been very busy in my yards the past few weeks. We had a terrible winter here in the midwest, and it is so nice to be able to spend some time outside again. I would like to say I'm done planting, but I don't think anyone is ever done planting. ) Our pond is doing well, but it was very sad that we lost 3 fish over the winter.

I do hope you are feeling better by now. Those viruses can be nasty. Wish I had some exciting news or something important to say. I'd post more if I did. But, life is sort of SOS around here. And, that's okay, too. Oh, I do have news. Youngest ds graduated with his masters in May. And, he has a job. It's only temporary, but any job is quite a big deal these days.

I'll see if I can shake up any of the others to come over and post!
    Good to see you. I wonder if any of you are in the flood areas that are going on in the US. Saw that snow in Montana and Washington. Thats weird for sure, snow in JUne. We are hot and dry. We did get a thunder storm this evening and some much needed rain....

Picked my first tomatoe yesterday and it was sooo good. We planted four tomatoe plants and have one that has come up from where I had plants last year.......leaving it to see what the mystery tom. plant does. Also have 4 squash plants, 2 bell pepper, 1 hot pepper and about 7 watermelons plants.

My computer is so slow....I have dial up so I am getting DSL from at&t. My dil will be setting that up when the modem gets here. I know nothing about setting up these comp.

Hope everyone is fine and safe.
    Stay cool!!!
    Have a great day!
    CJ

Re: Where is everyone??

Forgot to congratulate your son on the masters. I know you must be very proud of him. If I remember correctly he was in Texas. Is he still there?
    Have a great day!
    CJ

Oh Yum! Fresh Tomatoes...nothing better and at least you know the ones you've grown yourself are safe. Very scary with this Salmonella outbreak on tomatoes, I love having them on my salad or sandwich.
    I live in Indiana and the past 2 weeks have been crazy! 1st the Tornados blew thru(the east side of Indianapolis was hit hard) and now all the flooding. Thank goodness, our house is fine, but I work at the Local Mall and our store(along with the whole wing of the Mall) was flooded last Saturday, we spent the day mopping and cleaning and trying to dry things out...now our wood floors are all buckled. People south of here are still trying to salvage things out of their homes and they are predicting rain for the weekend!

Its good to hear you're OK, just too much rain in that area. Hope everyone is ok. We had a little rain storm last night not much rain, but the power was out in some area for a few hours.

LOVE those tomatoes!!!
    CJ
    Have a great day!
    CJ

Hi! It is good to see some action on the board. We are having terribly cold weather here, but thank goodness no flooding or tornados (don't get them here anyway). We have been riding the bike whenever we can. Just came back from a week long excursion of biking, we went about 600 kms altogether. It was fun, except for the cold and rain. We came home through what is called the Kokahala pass, quite high, and it was freezing. The next day it snowed up there! We had two close calls on the bike with other drivers not seeing us that was pretty scarey. We are going to do it again in August. Hubby has two weeks off and we are going biking throughout the Province.

My big news is that I am a grandma once again. My son and his fiancee had their first, a little boy, on May 25th. 9lb9oz and his name is Rhys. He is a little doll. That makes 3 for us now. Our little granddaughter turns 5 today and her brother just turned 3.

Got my yardwork all done, what there is of it. We live in a townhouse so my yardwork is mostly container pots, a couple of flower beds. Anyway, now just watering and upkeep to do.

Hope everyone is doing great and that the weather will start to cooperate and not be so nasty. Take care all! Penny

Hi Penny,
    So glad that you and dh are having good times on the bike. You really do have to watch out for the other drivers. We saw lots of bikes/bikers out last weekend, going to the Blue Ridge parkway. Thats a favorite place to ride and site see.

Congrats to you on the new baby boy. Lots of fun with the grandkids. Mine just left and it thrills my heart when they say "mama, I love you"...... Our little one is now four and the girl is 9 (going on 16)

Talk to you soon.
    CJ
    Have a great day!
    CJ