Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: SHUIS Picture of the Day: Part 6

Re: SHUIS Picture of the Day: Part 6

Thanks, Ann!

Smile Wednesday's Welcome SHUIS Summary and Pic of the Day......

As Luis descends the entry stairs at Sheridan's cottage, she yells, “Get out of here, Luis. Get off the estate and out of my life.” Julian and Rebecca stand next to the couch, and whisper, “Our plan to disengage Luis and Sheridan worked better than I could've imagined.” Rebecca recaps, “Sheridan believes she saw Luis in bed with another woman when actually it was the impostor wearing the Luis look-alike mask and that little strumpet that Alistair paid to sleep with him.” Julian adds, “Sheridan's clueless that she was set up. And Luis? Well, it's back to the barrio for our low-rent Lothario.” Luis is totally confused and asks, “Sheridan, why are you acting like this?” Sheridan answers, “How dare you play me for a fool. Just get out of here! I never want to see you again!”

A very emotional Sheridan asks in a raised voice, “What are you still doing here? I told you to get out!” Luis asks, “Sheridan, what happened? Why are you so angry with me? Is it because I was gone so long from the party?” Sheridan replies, “Oh, come off it, Luis. I saw you! I saw everything!” Luis asks, “"Everything"? What are you talking about?” Sheridan rants, “I can't believe your nerve, traipsing in here, pretending like you actually love me, like I'm your whole world?” Luis says sincerely, “I'm not acting. I love you. You mean everything to me.” Sheridan spits out, “You are such a liar.” Luis asks, “Sheridan, please tell me what set you off.” Julian walks closer to where Luis is standing, “Uh, I'm sorry, Luis, but I must ask you to leave not only Sheridan's cottage but the entire Crane estate. Your conduct is reprehensible and unacceptable.” Luis asks, “What the hell are you talking about?” Julian, “As if you didn't know.” Luis, “Damn it, I don't.” Julian, “Please, just leave. Don't add insult to injury.” Luis, “Sheridan, tell me what's going on. Why are you treating me like this?” Sheridan, “Me? How could you treat me this way -- and on the night of our engagement party? It's despicable! You're despicable!” Sheridan is so angry and so hurt! Luis, “Well, would someone please tell me what is going on?” Julian replies, “My sister wants you to leave. Now, don't make me call Crane security and have you thrown off the estate.” Luis replies emphatically, “Julian, I love Sheridan. I am not going anywhere until someone tells me what I did that is so horrible.” Julian says he is doing his innocent act. Luis, “What are you talking about? What act?” Julian, “Don't insult my sister's intelligence any longer. Leave now or I will call security.” Luis, “Julian, get it through your head, ok -- I am not leaving till you tell me what I did that's so horrible.” Impatient with the banter and Luis still in her house, Sheridan yells, “Fine! You want to know what you did that was so horrible? I'll tell you. I'll tell you what I saw firsthand not more than an hour ago! It was you making love to another woman!” Sheridan hits Luis' chest. A stunned Luis asks, “What? Are you kidding me?” Sheridan looks at Luis, “Do I look like I’m kidding?” Luis, “No, but that ..” Sheridan, “I saw you! I saw you in her bed making love to her!” Luis says, “Sheridan, that is crazy.” Sheridan, “The secret is out! You are never going to use me again.” Luis, “Sheridan, I ..” With tears filling her eyes and her lips trembling, Sheridan cries, “I hate you and I will hate you forever.”

A shocked Luis says, “You saw me with another woman? No way.” Sheridan, “I was at her house. She lives on old coast road, just a stone's throw from here.” Luis, “Sheridan, I don't know who you think you saw, but it wasn't me. I was at the police station doing a report for the mayor.” Sheridan and Luis are both using raised voices as they try to figure things out. Sheridan, “No, you weren’t. I called the station. They said that you weren't there and that no one had called you in.” Luis, “Well, then you must've talked to someone who just came on duty and didn't know that I was on my way.” Sheridan, “Oh, stop the lies, Luis! I know that I was you I saw in bed with your playmate!” Luis, “No, it wasn't!” Sheridan. “I saw your car outside the house!” Luis, “My car?” Sheridan explains, “Yes, Luis, your car! You know, I was worried about you driving in the fog because I was afraid that and when you weren't at the station, I thought maybe you had. So I left the party to go looking for you.” Julian chimes in, “I begged her not to go.” Sheridan sarcastically says, “Pretty ironic, huh? Here I was worried about you, but you were just fine. You were having a grand old time with your little piece on the side!” Luis, “Sheridan, all right, look, this is crazy, ok? My car was at the police station, where I was doing a report for the mayor. Now, I don't know whose car you think you saw, but it wasn't mine.” Sheridan, “It was your car, Luis. Your tuxedo jacket was in it!” Luis, “I went to the police station! I didn't even stop, not once! And if I was cheating on you, I wouldn't stop my car and park out in front of some floozy's house!” Looking up at Julian, Rebecca says, “Uh-oh.” Julian, “Shh. Sheridan's so angry, she won't give credence to a word Luis says.” Sheridan, “Well, maybe you were just so anxious to get with your honey that you weren't thinking straight and got careless!” Luis repeats, “Sheridan, it was not me.” Sheridan taps her hand on Luis' chest as she yells, “I saw you, Luis! I saw you in bed with her! She said your name!” Luis pleads, “Sheridan, it wasn't my car and I wasn't in bed with some other woman.” Sheridan, “Well, then you must have a twin running around town because I saw you in bed with that (overused derogatory adjective) . It was you!” Sheridan runs out of the room. Luis follows, “Sher-- Sheridan ...” Julian calls out, “Luis, leave her alone!”

Julian's cell phone rings. Julian to Rebecca, “One guess who this is. Hello, father.” Alistair, “Hello, son.” Julian leans over to Rebecca and proudly whispers, “He called me "son."” Alistair, “Things seem to be going quite well there.” Julian, “Yes, they are. I think we've finally succeeded in breaking up Luis and Sheridan for good this time.” Julian, “I told you, father. I told you the plan would work.” Alistair. “Don't get too full of yourself, Julian. Remember, I made modifications to your plan to ensure its success. Just make sure you follow through, Julian. See to it that this plan reaches its inevitable and incontrovertible end. Because if Sheridan and Luis aren't torn apart forever by doing things your way, we'll have to do things my way. You and Rebecca will have to kill your sister.” Julian tells Rebecca. “But just to make sure nothing goes wrong, I think we should stay here till we're certain that there's no hope of Luis and Sheridan resurrecting their relationship.”

In the kitchen, Luis pleads his case, “Sheridan, I'm telling you, I was nowhere near that house. And as far as that woman you described, I’ve never even seen her before.” Sheridan, “Oh, well, there's another lie!” Luis, “What?” Sheridan, “I saw you talking to her at the party, remember?” Luis, “But I told you, it wasn't me! Sheridan, damn it, (Luis stomps his foot here) that fog was so thick, you couldn't even tell who was who!” Sheridan, “There was no fog in her bedroom! Steam, yes, but no fog! I saw you with her as clear as day!” Luis yells, “It wasn't me!” Sheridan, “You're a cop, Luis! Look at the evidence! This woman called you on your cell phone, saying she wanted to make love to you!” Luis, “Sheridan, I told you, that was either a joke or the wrong number.” Sheridan, “And then I saw you talking to some strange woman at the party!” In frustration Luis yells, “Sheridan, for the last time, it wasn't me!” Sheridan screams, “It was you! Stop saying that it wasn't!” Coming into the kitchen, Julian commands, “Luis, please leave before you force me to call security. There's no need to prolong the inevitable.” Luis thinks, “Wait a minute. I know what happened.” Julian, “Yes. You're a hound dog who got caught.” Luis turns his attention back to Sheridan, “Sheridan, Sheridan? All right, listen to me, all right? Now, first there was the phone call, right, and then there was the woman that you saw me with. Now, that was the same woman that you found me at her house because you saw my car parked in front of her house. It was on the street, the only street that you had to go to get into town! You set me up. Alistair and Julian set me up.” Luis raises his voice which gives a very dramatic effect to the scene. Julian feigns surprise, “What?”

Luis, “You and Alistair set me up. That's why this all played out so neatly.” Sheridan has her mouth open not believing this, “Oh, stop trying to blame my brother and father. I know what I saw!” To Julian, Luis says, “You had some woman call my cell phone, knowing that Sheridan would answer.” Julian protests. Sheridan. “Yeah, how do you explain me seeing you with the woman on the grounds?” Luis again, “It wasn't me.” Sheridan, “Just stop it, Luis! You know, what do you think Julian did, clone you? Please! I saw you. You know, you had me convinced that the fog was playing tricks on my eyes, but I now know that it was you. And the clothes that that woman was wearing at the party were the same clothes that I saw on the floor leading to the bedroom where you were making love to her!” Luis, “Sheridan, it wasn't me. It was a set-up.” Sheridan, “The only set-up is the one that you have had against me for over a year now! You know, I tried to get past that phone call and I did because you were just so sincere that it wasn't you. But there is no just getting past what I saw tonight. When I saw you in bed with that woman, it broke my heart. Now, why can't you just be a man and admit what you did?” Her voice breaks as she speaks. Luis, “Because I didn't do anything.” Julian, “Sheridan's right. Why don't you own up to what you did like a man instead of trying to put the blame on Alistair and me?” Rebecca, “Well, especially after everything they've done for you.” Julian, “Throwing you this engagement party, working to show Sheridan we were willing to let bygones be bygones and support her marriage to you.” Luis, “Now there's a sudden change of heart. The one who's usually tossing around threats and bribes, saying that you were going to cut Sheridan off if she stayed with me.” Julian, “Oh, why don't you stop trying to shift blame just because you can't little Luis under wraps?” Luis looks disdainfully at Julian, “Yeah, you're one to talk about fidelity. Everyone knows what a pig you are, Julian.” Rebecca, “Ivy drove Julian to find comfort with other women, but now that he has me -- “ Luis. “Oh, yeah, then there's you. You tried to get me to stir up trouble with Ethan and Theresa. I'll bet you're all working together -- you, Julian, and Alistair. All trying to break up me and Sheridan.” Sheridan, “No, Luis. Julian and Rebecca were shocked when I told them what happened. They couldn't even believe it. In fact, they even defended you.” Luis, “Sheridan, that is part of their plan.” Sheridan, “No, it's not part of their plan! And stop trying to make this anything other than what it really is. You cheated on me. You played me for the fool a second time -- the last time! Now, I want to be alone.” She picks up her bottle of wine and leaves the kitchen. Luis, “Sheridan -- sher-- Sheridan, we always wondered what lengths they would go to to break us up! And now we know.” Julian whispers, “Luis has no idea how close to the truth he is.” Rebecca, Hmm, we got to keep him from getting any closer.”
    Sheridan and Luis are in the living room. Julian and Rebecca stand nearby to watch and listen. Luis picks up a picture from a table next to the couch and takes it to Sheridan, “Sheridan, look at this. Look how happy and in love we are. Come on. Think about all we've been through and how hard we fought for our love. You know, you can ask Eve or Sam or Ethan. You can ask them how messed up I was when I thought you'd been killed. And how I wouldn't let Julian keep me from going to the funeral. And how hard I fought to save you when I thought you were buried alive. And how even after when the doctors gave up hope -- Sheridan, I went to the church and I prayed for a miracle. (Luis smiles.) And I got it. You came back from death to be with me, the same way I came back from death in the archives to be with you. Come on, Sheridan. You know I wouldn't squander what we have in a million years. Sheridan, come on. Something is wrong here. We just need to talk about it, just you and me. Sheridan, we love each other. We can work this out. Please, we can work this out together. We can figure out what really happened. Come on.” Sheridan agrees, “All right. I will talk to you alone.” She walks over to Julian and Rebecca to ask, “Would you please give us a few minutes in private?” Julian, “Um -- um, I really don't think that's such a good idea.” Luis, “No, of course you don’t.” Rebecca, “We'll be right outside. If you need us, you -- you just let us know.” Julian, “Remember, sister, you can always count on family, even when everyone else fails you.” (Funny, she never could before!) Julian and Beccs leave the cottage.

Luis says, “Well, I'm glad they're gone. Now we can finally get to the truth.” Sheridan, “I already know the truth. You betrayed me. You betrayed us. You've destroyed any chance that we had any of a future together.” Luis, “Sheridan, no.” Sheridan yells, “I want you to get your things out of my bedroom and get out of my house.”

Outside as they watch Shuis, Julian and Rebecca are so happy, “Sheridan is giving Luis the boot!” Julian, We did it Beccs. My sister and her lawman lover are finished.” Julian, “What bliss. Such rapture. Our plan worked! Luis and Sheridan have been ripped apart. Luis is no longer a threat to the family.” Julian chuckles. Rebecca adds, “And we didn't have to kill any one, either.” Julian, “Father can't ridicule and belittle me, call me incompetent anymore. He and the rest of the world will have to start taking me seriously again, hmm?”

Sheridan begs, “Just leave, Luis. I have nothing more to say to you.” Luis, “I'm not leaving until we work this out.” Sheridan, “Fine, I'll call security, then!” She walks toward the phone. Luis, “Sheridan, please don't. All right, something is not right here. Either there's been a terrible mistake or ...” Sheridan, “I know what I saw!” Luis adds, “Or your family is trying to split us apart! Come on, either way, we have to hold on to what we have. We have to fight for what we have -- our love. Love is all we have.” Sheridan, “ “Our love is all we have"? Please, Luis, you had more than our love tonight. You had another woman!” Luis, “I told you that it wasn't me, Sher..” Sheridan, “I am so sick of your denials! That's it, I’m calling Crane security and having them haul your two-timing butt out of here!” She picks up the phone. Luis, “That's not going to do any good. I'm not leaving.” Sheridan, “Would you just give it up already? I know what I saw.” Luis walks up behind Sheridan and asks, “ Ok. Then how do you feel?” Sheridan replies, “Foolish, betrayed, stupid.” Luis, “Yeah. It's beyond belief that I would do this to you, right? Especially on the night of our engagement party.” Sheridan, “You've got that right.” Luis, “Yeah. Only a cold-blooded bastard would do something like that, right?” Sheridan says, “Exactly.” Luis, “And is that what you think I am, a cold-blooded bastard? That you have been so stupid and so naive this whole time to have not noticed? (Sheridan lowers her head and looks down while Luis speaks.) Like all the times that I risked my life to save yours? Or how I decorated the garden to match your dream of the perfect marriage proposal? Or how about when I slipped my grandmother's ring on to your finger, knowing how important family and tradition are to me? “ Sheridan looks up and replies through her pain, “What can I say, Luis? You're a damn good actor.” Luis' voice is lowered to almost a whisper as he responds, “No. You have doubts. And you can't throw away what we have even if you have the slightest doubts. I can see it in your eyes. You have doubts, Sheridan. Sheridan, look, we need to get to the truth, all right? We need to find out what happened. If we don't do that tonight, we're never going to get married, and then both of our lives are going to be ruined.”

To be continued...

This Shuis picture is one of the Shuis pictures on the inside of the TV Guide issue that featured Shuis and Tabby on the 2 covers. In this one, Sheridan is wearing the dress she wore to thier engagement party.
    Ann

Smile Thursday's Tense SHUIS Summary & Picture of the Day..........

At her cottage, Sheridan hangs up the phone. Luis pleads, “Sheridan, please don’t kick me out, all right. We have to talk. We have to talk through this and figure out what happened. If we don’t, the walls are going to go up between us and we’ll never get married.” Sheridan can’t believe what Luis just said, “Get married? After what you’ve done, how can you even think I would be crazy enough to marry you?” Luis replies, “I haven’t done anything.” Sheridan states, “You betrayed me with another woman. Get out of my sight.”

Standing with her hands on her hips, Sheridan asks, “Do I have to call security to have you thrown out?” Luis replies, “I’m not leaving. I love you way too much to walk out on what we have.” Sheridan asks, “Then why did I see you making love to another woman?” Luis yells, “It wasn’t me! Sheridan, I swear on my mother’s life that it wasn’t me.” Sheridan thinks back to seeing FauxLuis and DeeDee then says, “I saw you with my own eyes. I wasn’t hallucinating.” Luis, “Well, I don’t know how you could have seen me because I wasn’t there.” Sheridan reminds him, “We’ve been through this before. Remember when I saw you on the wharf and you were telling someone that you were using me. You said that wasn’t you, too.” Luis replies, “It wasn’t. I swear that I never said those things and I never slept with another woman.” Sheridan, very upset, “How can you stand there and actually lie to me? I can’t believe you are just like all the others who used me and betrayed me. I really thought you were different.” Luis, “Sheridan, I don’t know what happened and I can’t explain what you saw. All I can do is swear to you that it wasn’t me.” Sheridan cries, “I know what I saw. Is there no man on earth that can be trusted?” With his hand on his chest Luis yells, “You can trust me!” Sheridan walks away from Luis toward the couch and says, “No, this isn’t the kind of marriage I want. (Luis turns toward Sheridan to listen to her.) When I was a little girl, before my mother died, I could sense how unhappy she was in her marriage. My father was so cold. There was never any love or affection between them. Then I grew up to see Ivy and Julian together and it was the same thing, no love between them. Then I got engaged to JeanLuc and found out he was only using me. It was then that I vowed that I would never have a loveless marriage. I would only have true love and I would be with someone that I could trust and that I know loved me.” Luis uncrosses his arms and walks across the room to stand in front of Sheridan. “I understand. I saw the way my mother and father were together before Papa disappeared. (He smiles.) And I saw how close they were and how much they loved each other. I always told myself that I would never accept anything less and that I would wait until I could find the woman who could give me those things. You’re that woman, Sheridan.” In a very small, low voice Sheridan sighs, “I wish that were true.” Luis says, “It is. Sheridan, I would never hurt you or betray you. There is no other woman for me. You are the only woman I want.” Sheridan’s voice is almost a whisper when she looks up and hesitates before she replies, “I saw you.” Luis says again, “I don’t know what you saw but it couldn’t have been me because I wasn’t there. It’s a terrible mistake. It’s your family trying to come between us.” Luis suddenly stops and looks around, “Wait! I have an idea! I know how to prove that the man you saw wasn’t me.” Luis goes to the phone as Sheridan looks on with some hope for the first time that night.

As Luis dials the phone, Sheridan asks, “Who are you calling?” Luis replies, “The station house. I was there doing a report for the mayor and Officer Packer was there with me. He’ll tell you that I was there the whole time. As someone answers, Luis says, “Hey, it’s Luis. Let me speak to Packer.” His smile disappears. He continues, “No, I don’t want to leave a message.” As Luis hangs up the phone, he turns back to Sheridan as she asks him what is wrong. Luis replies, “He’s gone off duty.” Sheridan says that they can just call him tomorrow but Luis says they can’t. “He was leaving on a vacation tonight and won’t be back for a couple of weeks. Sheridan says, “Well, that’s convenient.” Luis says, “Sheridan, I’ll track him down on vacation if I have to, all right. There’s got to be another way to prove that I was there tonight. There’s got to be another explanation for what you saw tonight.” Sheridan replies, “No, Luis, there is no other explanation and there’s no way I can ever get past what I saw with my own eyes.” Sheridan walks up the entry stairs, picks up her scarf, and walks out the front door, slamming it shut. Luis watches her walk away.

In Julian’s library, Officer Packer arrives to collect his bribe money. Julian tells him to forget that Luis was at the station that night when he gets back from his vacation.

Sheridan walks through the garden and stops when she comes to the gazebo. She remembers the romantic dream proposal that Luis arranged for her. With tears running down her cheeks, she thinks, “How could this happen? He seemed so sincere. I really thought that he loved me. I really thought that I could trust him.” Luis comes from behind a bush to tell her, “You can still trust me. Sheridan, you have to trust me. If we don’t have trust, we don’t have anything.” Luis tries to touch her hands but she pulls back. She says, “I did trust you with all my heart and you broke it.” Luis says, “No, I would never do that.” Sheridan cries, “I don’t understand. Do you have any idea what it felt like to walk into that room and see the man that I loved, the man that I was going to marry and spend the rest of my life with, making love to another woman? Do you have any idea how that felt?” Luis sympathizes, “It must have terrible.” Sheridan continues, “It was worse than terrible. I just need you to be honest. I need you to tell me the truth.” Luis replies, “Sheridan, I am telling you the truth. Now, whoever you saw with that woman, it wasn’t me. I would never cheat on you. I would never betray you.” Sheridan looks at Luis with tears in her eyes, “I don’t know what to believe. How can I even think of marrying you if I have all these doubts?” Luis says, “You can’t. You can’t marry me.” Sheridan looks surprised.

In the library, Julian calls FauxLuis and DeeDee to thank them for their fine work. He tells them their payment will be sent to them when they send new addresses. He tells FauxLuis that he wants the mask destroyed. Julian hangs up and tells Rebecca that it is time to celebrate. Sheridan and Luis are finished. Rebecca claps her hands in glee.

In the garden, Luis says, “Sheridan, I know about the men in your past and I know that you’ve lied to and betrayed. I know you could never trust your father and brother and the men you’ve loved could never be trusted either. That’s why I have to know that you completely trust me before we get married. You have to know that I haven’t betrayed you and I never will.” In a very quiet voice Sheridan asks, “How can I ever know that?”

Luis replies, “I am going to find a way to prove it. But we can’t even think of getting married until I can. It wouldn’t be fair to us and it wouldn’t be fair to our children if they knew that you didn’t trust me completely.” Sheridan sighs, “Our children?” Sheridan turns to put a little distance between her and Luis. She sniffs back the tears. Luis continues, “That’s right, our children. It wouldn’t be fair to them to feel the tension and distance between us if we didn’t trust each other completely. I want them to be secure in the knowledge that their parents love and trust each other. With tears running down her cheeks, Sheridan sniffs and turns back to face Luis, “When you talk about our children and our future together, I want that so much. I want that more than anything but I can’t get that image out of my mind, that image of you making love to another woman. How am I supposed to trust you if I can’t get that image out of my mind?” Out taking a walk, Ethan and Theresa come upon Sheridan and Luis at the gazebo. Having heard what Sheridan just said, Ethan shouts, “What?” Ethan calls Luis a bastard and charges him.

Sheridan stops Ethan from punching Luis. Ethan calls him a bastard again. He heard what Sheridan said. Theresa asks Luis to tell them that it’s not true. Ethan asks Sheridan to tell him what happened and she does. When Sheridan finishes telling the events of the evening, Ethan asks how Luis could have done this. Luis repeats, “It wasn’t me.” Theresa says that it must be the fog. She tells Sheridan and Luis that strange things had happened to them and to Chad and Whitney due to the fog. Neither Sheridan nor Luis thinks it was the fog. Luis says, “There’s another explanation and I am going to find out what it is or Sheridan and I don’t have a future. Sheridan turns back to Luis, “I don’t know how you’re going to explain it, Luis.” Luis says, “I’m a cop. I’m going to pursue it like any other investigation. I’m going to return to the scene of the crime. (He pauses.) Sheridan, I want you to take me to the house where you think you saw me.” Sheridan looks shocked, “I don’t think I could stand to go back there.” Luis pleads, “Sheridan, if you have any hope for us, at all.” Sheridan replies, “All right.” Ethan and Theresa want to go, too. The four of them head off to the set up house.

At the set up house, FauxLuis holds scissors to the Luis mask but DeeDee stops him. She wants to have some fun with him in the mask. He puts the mask on and they fall into bed again.

Sheridan, Luis, Ethan and Theresa arrive at the set up house, park, and walk across the street to stand in front of the white picket fence. Sheridan says, “This is the house. Your car was parked right here under the street light.” Ethan chimes in with, “There’s no car there now.” Sheridan looks back at him and says, “Well, there wouldn’t be if it was Luis’ car. He’s with us now.” Luis replies, “My car’s not here because I was never here. Come on. Let’s go see what’s inside.” He takes Sheridan’s hand and they all walk up to the front door. FauxLuis and DeeDee are in the bedroom having sex. Luis turns from the door to face the group on the front porch and says, “I just hope that whatever we find is going to clear up they mystery once and for all.” Luis looks at the living room through the glass in the front door, then back at Sheridan. She looks scared. She wants so badly to find the proof so she can believe Luis instead of her own eyes and ears. Their future depends on it. (This was one of the better conceived and written storylines on Passions. It was great storytelling and great drama! I loved it!)

To be continued………..
    Ann

Thanks, Ann!

Smile Friday's FauxLuis & SHUIS Summary and Pic of the Day..........

In Julian's library, Rebecca praises him, “You deserve a medal after what you achieved. Luis and Sheridan's relationship is destroyed forever. Oh, and it's all because of you.” Julian grins, “Even father won't be able to ignore my brilliance any longer. He'll have to reinstate me as his heir.” Rebecca, “Hmm, nobody deserves it more.” Julian beams, “Yes, thanks to me, Luis Lopez Fitzgerald will never snoop into Crane affairs again. That nosy cop is no longer a threat to the family.”

Standing on the porch of the set up house, Luis asks, “So this is it? This is the house where you think you saw me with another woman?” Sheridan answers, “I'm not positive. Your car isn't parked in front like it was before, but, yeah, it looks like it.” Luis says, “All right, let's do this, then.” He turns to Sheridan and puts his hands on both of her arms to be sure he has her attention and says, “Sheridan, I'm going to prove to you that I was never with another woman. I love you and only you.”

Standing a few feet away, Theresa whispers to Ethan, “My brother loves Sheridan with all of his heart. No, he would never, ever be unfaithful to her.” Ethan agrees, “I admit it -- I'm surprised myself, but Sheridan wouldn't make this up. There has to be some kind of explanation.” Luis looks at ET and says, “There is an explanation. It's right here in this house.”

In the bedroom of the set up house, FauxLuis sits in bed after having sex with DeeDee, “Man. I can get used to this. Getting paid to make love to a beautiful woman? That's a sweet deal.” DeeDee, “I'm just glad the plan went so smoothly. There is no way we're going to get caught now.” FauxLuis answers, “Yeah. Well, Julian Crane is a man of his word. He said he was going to break up Sheridan and Luis. He did it.” They hear a knock on door. DeeDee sits up and asks, “Who could that be?” As he gets out of bed, FauxLuis says, “That's probably just Crane. Wants to check up on us before we get out of town. I'll go check it out.” Luis tries pushing on the front door in an effort to get an answer to his knocking. Getting dressed, FauxLuis looks to DeeDee and says, “That has to be Mr. Crane. Who else is going to be here at this hour?” DeeDee, “I hope you're right. If you're not, there's no way we can get out of here without being seen.” FauxLuis, “Don't worry. Crane said he had everything under control.”

On the porch Ethan says, “Hey, look, maybe no one's home, they left the lights on to keep the burglar's away.” Luis turns to Ethan and corrects him, “No, someone's in there. When you want to fake that someone's home, you leave a small light on, and there's a big light on in there. Someone's definitely in there.” Theresa asks, “What are we going to do if they don't answer?” Luis replies, “I'll make them answer. Open up! Open up! I know someone's in there!” He shakes the door and knocks again.

FauxLuis says, “I heard a voice.” Deedee, “Does it sound like Mr. Crane?” FauxLuis, “I couldn't make it out. But it has to be. I'll go let him in.” He opens the bedroom door to see who is at the front door.

In the library Julian answers the phone, “Evening, father. So nice of you to call and congratulate me.” Alistair comments, “You'll get your congratulations when Sheridan tells us she's broken up with Luis, and not a moment before. We can't have Lopez Fitzgerald nosing into our affairs.” Julian asks Al if he is ever satisfied. Alistair replies, “Unlike you, I'm not satisfied until the job is done. You still haven't learned to focus on the objective, Julian. The objective is breaking up Luis and Sheridan.” Julian, “Well, call me crazy, but I thought that's what I did this evening.” Alistair, “We still don't know if it's a done deal. But all you care about is carrying on with that buxom bimbo.” Julian, “Well, you know what they say -- all work and no play makes Julian a dull boy.” Alistair, “Fine, Julian, fine, have fun with your floozy. Rebecca might actually be useful. But why do you waste your time on Tabitha and her doll? I've told you that woman is dangerous.” Julian, “Is it my fault that dubious doll is stalking me? I was minding my own business when he fell from the sky and landed on my head.” Alistair, “Oh, God, how did I wind up with a drunken idiot for a son? Get some sleep, call me in the morning -- after Sheridan confirms that she's dumped Dudley do-right.” Al hangs up and as Julian pushes the button to disconnect the dial tone he says, “I swear, that man needs a good shrink.”

Still on the front porch Luis grows impatient, “That's it, I'm going in, all right? Damn it. I'm telling you there's something funny going on in there.” Luis tries to open the door. Theresa says, “You know, maybe we should come back, like, first thing in the morning. This could be dangerous, Luis.” Luis overrules, “No, I'm going to prove right now that I was never in this house, with or without a woman.” Sheridan observes, “Well, that's impossible if we can't get inside.” Facing Sheridan, Luis says, “Look, I'll break this door down if I have to. Our life is on the line here.” They hear the lock turn. Opening the front door and stepping out onto the front porch, an old woman asks, “Can I help you?” Luis responds, “Ma'am, I’m Officer Lopez Fitzgerald, Harmony P.D.” The Woman asks, “Goodness. Is something wrong?” Luis replies, “Well, we just want to ask you a few questions. You live in this house?” Woman answers, “Oh, yes, of course. I've been here for over 50 years.” Luis says, “Ok. Well, we're just looking for a young couple who may have been here earlier.” Sheridan adds, “The woman was tall, blond hair, blue eyes, and the man looked like him. They were playing loud music.” Woman asks, “You said the man looked like the police officer?” Sheridan asks, “Yes. Did you see him here tonight?”

Sheridan pleads, “Would you please tell me, was there someone here earlier who looked like this man?” Woman, “No. I didn't see anyone who looked like him. Well, in fact, there was no young couple here at all. And there was certainly no loud music.” Sheridan asks again, “Are you sure?” Woman, “Well, I'm the only one here. I was napping.” Sheridan comments, “I didn't see you when I came in earlier.” Luis asks the woman, “You mind if we go inside, just have look around?” Woman, “Oh, yes, of course, officer.” They all follow her into the living room. Looking around, Sheridan says, “The lights were low earlier. I wasn't paying much attention, but it -- it looks like the same furniture.” In the bedroom, FauxLuis panics, “Damn it, this mask is stuck!” DeeDee, “Oh, God. If Luis finds us here, he'll arrest us!” FauxLuis, “That's the least of our worries. Julian's going to have our heads. Wait.”

Luis suggests, “Well, is it possible that someone could've come in while you were sleeping?” Woman, “Well, I suppose so, but -- but I don't know why anyone would.” Sheridan replies, “I saw two people making love inside the bedroom.” Woman, “Heaven's sake, in my bedroom?” Ethan suggests, “They could still be in there.” Theresa asks, “Do you really think so?” Sheridan says, “There's only one way to find out.” She turns and walks down the hallway to the bedroom door.
    Sheridan opens the door and looks in. She says, “Nobody's here. But I was sure this was where I saw Luis in bed with that woman.” The bed is made and it looks like no one has been there at all. Woman suddenly says, “Oh!” Luis asks, “Are you ok?” He sits the woman on the couch. At the gasp from the old lady, Sheridan turns and runs down the hall to see what the noise was all about. Woman replies, “I'm just feeling a little faint from all the excitement.” Luis apologizes, “I'm so sorry we barged in on you like this.” Ethan also apologizes, “Yeah, I'm sorry.” Luis turns to Sheridan and asks, “Is anyone in there?” Sheridan replies, “No. The room was empty, the bed was made. Guess I have the wrong house.” Theresa suggests, “You know, the fog played tricks on everyone tonight, Sheridan. I mean, you must've gotten confused.” Sheridan replies, “I guess so. Please forgive us for barging in on you like this.” Woman, “Oh, that's all right, dear. I'm so sorry I couldn't be more help.” Ethan says, “Hey, I think Theresa and I are going to go. You two guys sort through this, all right?” Sheridan, “Thank you, Ethan.” Theresa, “I hope you can figure out what happened. You two belong together.” Woman, “I -- I’m going to excuse myself to my bedroom. You -- you can take your time, you kids. You can let yourselves out.” As the woman leaves the room, Sheridan says, “Thank you.” Facing each other across the room, Luis assures, “Sheridan:, I'm not going to let our relationship fall apart. There's got to be some sort of explanation for this.” Sheridan, “What? I saw you with my own two eyes.” Luis, “I don't know. Maybe you were sleepwalking.” Sheridan, “I was not sleepwalking. I know I saw you making love to another woman, and I can't get that out of my mind.” Sheridan walks to the front door.
    In the bedroom, the woman lets FauxLuis and DeeDee out of the closet. DeeDee, “Whoa. That was a close call.” FauxLuis, “You can say that again. I thought Sheridan was going to find us. Crane would've killed us.” DeeDee, “Oh, God.” Woman, “I don't know what the Cranes are up to, and I don't care. The money will definitely come in handy.” She gulps down her drink.

In the library Julian is having doubts, “Our plan to break up Luis and Sheridan is going to work, isn't it?” Rebecca assures him, “Well, of course it will. It's a wonderful plan.” Julian says, “Yes. Yes, you're right, my pet. I've come to think of this scheme as a crème de la crème, my piece de resistance.” Rebecca, “Hmm, you are so right. It's inspired.” Julian, “Yes, it is ingenious. But still, I won't rest until our mission is accomplished. If anything would go wrong, no matter what the reason, father would rake me over the coals and never reinstate me as his heir or let me take over Crane industries.”

Walking along the wharf outside the Book Cafe, Theresa says, “I wish we could just erase this terrible night.” Ethan agrees, “I don't know what to make of all this, especially the fact that Sheridan says she saw Luis in bed with another woman.” Theresa says, “Yeah, but I know that Luis would never do anything like that.” Ethan agrees, “Well, I mean, this is just bizarre. You know, Sheridan wouldn't make this up. If she wanted to break up with Luis, she'd just do it. She's not that devious.” Theresa replies, “Well, neither is my brother. I mean, Luis is as honest and straightforward as they come.” Ethan says, “Something strange is going on. I just wish I knew what it was.” Theresa says, “This has been a terrible night. I just get the chills thinking about it.”

Back at Sheridan's cottage, Sheridan walks through the door as Luis stands in the door way and says, “Sheridan, I can't go home -- not till I know what your decision is.” Sheridan pleads, “Please, Luis, I need some time to think.” Luis asks, “How much time?” Sheridan, “I don't know. I don't know anything right now.” Luis says, “I can't live like this. Sheridan, I've got to end this nightmare tonight, one way or the other.” Sheridan asks, “What do you mean?” Luis replies, “Well, either we got to get back together or we got to break up forever. I can't stand to see you tortured like this and I’d be lying if I said it wasn't tearing me up.” Sheridan finally says, “I can't talk about this anymore tonight. I just -- I can’t.” She closes the door on Luis and wearily sits down in the chair next to the door.

Outside on Sheridan's front porch, Luis laments, “Sher... Sheridan, I can't lose you. You mean everything to me.” Inside sitting in the chair, Sheridan cries in pain and says, “Luis. I love you so much, but how can we go on after what happened tonight?”

On Sheridan's front porch, Luis decides, “We have to make it through this.” He knocks on the door. Sheridan opens the door and with tears on her cheeks, “I thought you were going home.” A very worried Luis asks, “I can't leave without knowing what your decision is. Do -- do we have a future?” Sheridan answers in a small voice, “I'm sorry. It's over. Luis, it's over.” Both Sheridan and Luis stand looking at each other with tears in their eyes.

To be continued...

The Shuis picture of the Day is a banner made by srhrobin. She has so many wonderful ones but this one was of the Shuis engagement party.
    Ann

Smile Saturday's Surprising SHUIS Summary and Pic of the Day.........

At Sheridan's cottage, she stands just inside the doorway while Luis stands just outside the door on the front porch. With tears in her eyes, Sheridan stresses, “More than anything, I have to be able to trust the man I marry.” Luis asks, “And you can't trust me? Is that what you're saying?” Sheridan cries, “What am I supposed to think when you leave in the middle of our engagement party to make love to another woman?” Luis swears, “Damn it, Sheridan, I told you that I was at the police station the whole time. I wasn't with another woman. I swear I wasn't. But you know what? I'll do better than that. I'll prove it to you.” He pushes past Sheridan and goes inside to pick up the phone. Sheridan follows him and asks, “How?” Luis tells her, “I'll find this woman that I was supposed to be with. I'll track her down, and we'll get to the bottom of this.” Sheridan says, “No, Luis.” She takes the phone from his hands and holds it. Luis asks, “What do you mean, no?” Sheridan says, “I mean that my mind is made up. It's over.”

On the leather couch in Julian's library, Rebecca comments that their plan is really working. Julian says, “Brilliantly conceived and brilliantly executed. And I say that in all modesty.” Rebecca muses, “I just wish I had a picture of the look on Sheridan's face when she saw her beloved fiancé in the arms of another woman.” Julian says, “She had no idea it was an impostor we hired to don a Luis look-alike mask. No, no ..” Rebecca adds, “And nothing else.” They laugh. Julian reiterates, “The point is she bought the whole thing.” Rebecca, “Yes. I'm sure she has told Luis in no uncertain terms that it is over between them.” Julian quickly says, “Oh, yes. It's time to savor our success. Wellington whipped Napoleon, Eisenhower crushed Hitler, Schwartzkopf made Saddam cry uncle, and I, Julian Crane, destroyed Luis and Sheridan. Oh.” Rebecca salutes him before they kiss. Rebecca goes to put on music while Julian pours them some drinks. Rebecca puts on Eve's tape and Julian is lost in thought. Rebecca comments, “Well, this song -- it's really getting to you. Why? Or is it the singer?”

At the cottage Luis want clarification, “You're saying our relationship's over?” Sheridan walks to the desk and puts down the phone before she says, “No. I'm saying I want this night to be over, this incident with this woman to be over. And as far as I'm concerned, it is over.” Luis protests, “But I told you...” Sheridan smiles and walks to stand in front of Luis as she speaks, “I don't want to talk about it anymore. I love you. I want to marry you. I can't live without you, Luis Lopez Fitzgerald.” Luis smiles as he cups Sheridan's face with his hands, “Oh, Sheridan. You don't know how glad you've just made me. I love you so much.” They kiss. Luis says, “I knew you'd never believe I was with another woman.” Sheridan smiles faintly, “Yes. I do believe you.” She walks over to pour water from the blue bottles that are always on her cabinet. Luis says that he can see that she doesn't totally believe him.

Sheridan says, "I just got through telling you ...” Luis cuts her short, “I know what you said. But I can see what you feel in your eyes. You still think that I was with another woman and you don't believe that I was at the police station the whole time.” Sheridan walks toward the couch as she says, “It's pointless talking about it.” Luis follows as he says, “Well, it isn't to me.” Sheridan asks, “Why can't we just forget the whole thing?” Standing face to face in front of the couch Luis answers, “Because I'm telling you the truth and I want you to believe me.” Sheridan looks so confused as she says, “Look, it's just all so weird. You know, first this woman calls on your cell phone, and then, you know, I see her at the party. Who was she?” Sheridan walks to stand in front of the fireplace as Luis stresses, “I told you I have no idea.” Sheridan states, “I saw you two talking.” Luis says again, “It wasn't me.” Sheridan continues, “The old woman -- she swore that there had never been a couple in her house when I had seen you in bed with this woman not an hour before!” Luis, “Sheridan, that never happened.” Sheridan looks thoughtful, “It had to have been the wrong house. There is no other house around that looks like it.” Luis replies, “Well, I wasn't at any house with any woman. I was at the station house.” As Sheridan sits in the chair by the fireplace, “Could I be losing my mind? What other explanation is there?” Luis sits on the end of the coffee table and takes her hand in his, “Sheridan, you're not losing your mind. All right? You remember what you saw, but it had nothing to do with me. Look, somebody is playing games with us. Now, I’m going to find out who and why.” Luis stands and Sheridan follows as she pleads, “No, please, just let it go.” Luis, "Let it go"? Sheridan is worried and says, “Let's just move on with our lives. All I want is to be with you.” Luis pulls Sheridan into his arms to hold her. He gives a small smile but looks quizzical.

In his library, Julian announces, “I'd better call our Luis impostor and make sure he and DeeDee are leaving town.” The phone rings at the set up house. FauxLuis answers, “Yeah?” Julian lets him know who it is. DeeDee is trying to get the mask unstuck using tweezers and pinches him. She tells him to be still. Julian asks, “You two aren't still at that house, are you, after I told you to leave town?” FauxLuis lies, “Uh -- no, no. We're on our way to the airport right now.” Julian says, “Oh. Well, excellent.” FauxLuis says, “Yeah. I wasn't expecting to be hearing from you.” Julian assures, “I wanted to make doubly sure that you destroyed the mask.” FauxLuis says, “Don't worry about it. I'll burn the damn thing.” Julian, “Yeah. You make sure that you do. Without that mask, Luis and Sheridan will never know what happened, hmm?”

Before he and Rebecca play a new game, Julian goes to his desk to get the book on murder, “Oh! There's something I must do first. You see -- ahem -- I no longer need to find a way to kill Sheridan now that she and Luis have broken up for good.” Rebecca says, “You know, I must say I’m impressed with the lengths you and Alistair went to to break up Luis and Sheridan.” Julian assures, “There are things in the Crane past that can never see the light of day.” Rebecca says that there must be. Julian and Rebecca decide to play their new game in the library instead of going upstairs.
    Walking down the hallway to Julian's library, Sheridan tells Luis, “I'm glad you agreed to come and tell my brother that you and I are back together.” Luis takes his arm from around Sheridan's shoulders as he says, “I just want to put this whole thing behind us. So I’ll thank Julian for the party, apologize for the mix-up, then move on from there.” Sheridan opens the door and they walk in to see Julian leaning over Rebecca who is sitting on the desk with Julian's tuxedo jacket on. They are playing their new game! Rebecca and Julian laugh. Sheridan takes one look and puts her hand over her mouth like she is going to be sick. Julian laughs, “Oh, yes. Whoopee. (He sees Luis and Sheridan in the doorway.) Oh – Sheridan!” Rebecca hops off the desk. Julian sputters, “I -- I -- I was just showing Rebecca an origami move.” Julian looks like he is doing a karate move. Leaning against the door jamb, Luis grins, “Yeah. Yeah, I heard you were a black belt in origami, Julian.” (This is one of my favorite funny lines ever on Passions and Galen delivered it perfectly! Ben, Rebecca, Galen and McKenzie were wonderful and the scene was so terribly funny. I still laugh every time I see or read it.) With her hand on the doorknob, Sheridan smiles, “Origami is the art of paper folding, Julian.” Julian tries to zip his pants while he asks, “What is he -- eeh! He doing here?” Sheridan replies, “We came to tell you something about Luis and me.”

As Julian tries to dress, he asks Sheridan, “What is it that you want to tell me? Is it something bad? Has Lopez-Fitzgerald hurt you again?” Sheridan replies, “That's part of the reason we're here. Frankly, I don't know what was going on when I looked inside that woman's bedroom.” Julian booms, “What, you -- you saw Luis in bed with some woman who was here. That's what you told me.” Sheridan replies, “I know, but ...” Julian adds, “On the night of your engagement party, your fiancé was unfaithful to you, and you witnessed it.” Luis speaks up, “It wasn't me. The man in that bed wasn't me, Julian.” Rebecca looks at Sheridan and asks, “And you believe that?” Sheridan replies, “It couldn't have been Luis. He would never hurt me like that.” Rebecca is surprised, “Well, you saw it with your own eyes. How do you explain that?” Sheridan quickly responds, “I made a mistake.” Julian snorts, “Oh! A mistake?” Sheridan replies, “Look, I'm not going to throw away my future with the man I love because of something I might not have seen. The house was dark and I couldn't see very well. And, besides, Luis and I went back to investigate.” Luis adds, “Yeah, we went to the old lady's house. She said there hadn't been any young couple in the bedroom.” Sheridan says, “We must've had the wrong house.” Luis states, “I wanted to do some more investigating, but Sheridan convinced me not to.” Sheridan announces, “I've decided that the best thing is for me to just move on with my life. That's why I’m here. I want you and Rebecca to know that I’ve forgiven Luis.” Julian angrily says, “No. You can't forgive him!”

Julian asks, “How can you, a Crane, let him blatantly deceive you and then simply forgive him?” Luis puts his arm around Sheridan and rubs her arm. Rebecca asks, “Have you no self-respect?” Sheridan snaps at her, “Stay out of this, Rebecca.” Julian replies, “Well, she asked a good question, Sheridan.” Sheridan answers, “And my answer is that I love Luis.” Rebecca smirks, “Well, he obviously doesn't love you.” Sheridan looks at her again, “I said stay out!” Rebecca asks, “What, betraying you with some bimbo?” Luis jumps in, “All right, that's it! Now, look, we came here to give the good news. We are sure as hell not going to stand around and let you insult us. Now, the truth is is that I was at the police station all night, on duty. And if you ...” Luis' pager beeps. Retrieving his beeper from his jacket pocket, Luis says, “It's the desk sergeant. I have to take this.” Luis walks to Julian's desk and calls the station. While Luis is behind him at the desk, Julian whispers, “What can you possibly be thinking? The man is obviously lying through his teeth, and you're letting him get away with it -- again. Look what happened on the wharf. You heard him say he was just using you.” Rebecca chimes in, “And you forgave him.” Sheridan gives her an hateful look and says, “I am not going to tell you again.” Julian continues, “Luis is like every other man in your life -- they lie and they cheat on you and you accept their explanations. But not this time. I'm not letting a Lopez- Fitzgerald humiliate my little sister.”

At the set up house, the mask comes off and DeeDee says, “Ugh! Finally we can get out of here.” FauxLuis replies, “Not until we get rid of the damn thing. Julian wants me to burn it.”

In the library Sheridan says, “I appreciate your wanting to protect me, Julian, but I can't walk away from feelings. I love Luis.” Julian asks, “Is there nothing I can do to change your mind?” Sheridan replies, “Nothing. You said it yourself -- I have a history of letting men lie to me. So if Luis is lying to me, then it's going to take more than words for me to give him up. It's going to take a slap in the face.” Luis returns from his phone call and announces, “Well, that shoots me down for the night. I'm needed on a stakeout. Sorry.” He takes Sheridan's hand as she says sweetly, “It's ok. I guess I'll just have to get used to it, like all cops' wives. I'll call you later.” Luis corrects her, “Oh, no. I can't be reached. Come on, I’ll walk you back to the cottage.” They walk to the door and stop. They turn back to face Julian and Rebecca as Sheridan says, “I hope you'll be able to accept that I believe Luis and that we're back together, stronger than ever.”

Sheridan and Luis kiss. Julian replies, “Well, it's your decision. What else can I do but accept it? I just want you to be happy, dear.” Sheridan assures him, “I am. So let's move on.” Shuis walk out of the room closing the door behind them.

Rebecca picks up the book on murders laying on Julian's desk and says, “Well, I guess we're going to be needing this.” Julian says, “Sheridan needs a slap in the face. That's what she's going to get.” He goes to the phone on his desk again to call FauxLuis. Julian asks, “You aren't on the plane yet, I trust.” FauxLuis replies no. Julian sighs, “Thank God for small mercies. I have one more job for you.” FauxLuis answers, “You got the check book, I got the time.” Julian orders, “Don't worry about that. You just concern yourself with getting this done. I want you to utterly and completely crush my sister's belief in the man she loves.”

To be continued...

Thanks to Jen's Passions Page for the Shuis screencap.
    Ann

Thanks, Ann!

Smile Sunday's Sweet Speeches SHUIS Summary & Pic of the Day.........

In the living room of her cottage, Sheridan answers her phone, “Hello?” In his red car, Luis replies in a voice just above a whisper, “Hey. I'm on the stakeout.” Sheridan excitedly replies, “I thought you said I wouldn't be able to get in touch with you.” Luis says, “Well, that doesn't mean I can't get in touch with you.” Sheridan smiles, “Great. We can talk all night, then.” Luis smiles and shakes his head slightly, “I wish. It's not going to happen. Look, I just sneaked this call because there's no action yet, and -- well, I didn't want to make it a long apology.” Sheridan asks, “What are you talking about, "apology"?” She moves to sit on the blue stuffed chair with her cup of coffee. Luis smiles again, “Yeah, well, after everything you've been through -- you know, thinking I betrayed you for another woman, even for a second. That must've hurt.” Sheridan replies, “Look, Luis, I'm just glad we've been able to get past this. No apology necessary.” Luis looks serious, “Well, I am going to make it up to you. I'm going to fix things so -- so nothing like this ever happens again.”

In the library, Julian says, “You're not saying anything.” FauxLuis, “Who, me? What's to say? You got the bucks, I’ll make the time. Anything you want, Mr. Crane. Name it.” Julian asks in a hopeful voice, “I hope to God you haven't burned that mask yet.” FauxLuis looks toward DeeDee at the fireplace and grabs the mask from her, “Uh-uh. Not yet. I'm holding the mask here, so we're all a go. What do you want me to do?” Julian says, “I want Sheridan to believe that Luis Lopez Fitzgerald is the scum of the earth. And she's to believe that starting tonight.”

As she places her coffee cup on the coffee table in front of her, Sheridan asks, “You're going to fix it so I never what?” Luis replies, “Have any doubts about me.” Sheridan asks, “And how do you intend to do that?” Luis smiles, “By never letting you out of my sight. See, I’m going to handcuff you to me.” He holds up his handcuffs. Sheridan says in a sexy voice, “Ooh. You'll have to read me my rights first.” Luis grins, “I think I'd rather show you your rights.” Sheridan stands as she says, “Oh, I like the sound of that. You know, we could do it now. I could come down there and help you with your stakeout.” Luis, “Oh, I'm tempted. I hate being apart from you. But then I never really am. You're always in my heart and my mind, my soul.” In such a sweet soft voice Sheridan replies, “I love you so much. You're the most wonderful, loving man in the world.” Luis replies, “I'm just getting warmed up. Wait till you catch my act in 50 years.” Sheridan sighs, “And I will. I intend to be by your side for the rest of our lives.” There is a knock on the door. Sheridan tells Luis, “Oh, someone's at the door. Hold on just a sec.” Sheridan opens the door to see a deliveryman from the florist shop. He asks, “Ms. Sheridan Crane?” Sheridan responds, “Yes?” The man hands her a dozen red roses and says, “From Luis Lopez Fitzgerald.” Sheridan says into the phone, “Oh. Luis, they're beautiful.”

Julian commands, “You are to use the mask one last time. And I say "last" because it's imperative that it works this time.” FauxLuis says, “That what works, Mr. C? You want me and DeeDee to have another little roll in the hay? Have Sheridan walk in on us again?” As he talks with Julian he rubs DeeDee's arm. Julian informs, “No. Nothing that fun. Sheridan is going to see a side of Luis she's never seen before, and it's going to blow her away. But it must be done quickly.” FauxLuis, “All you have to do is tell me what and when.” Julian commands, “Don't move from DeeDee’s place. I'll be over there shortly.” Julian hangs the phone up and turns to Rebecca, “After tonight, my sister will positively despise that cop.” Rebecca whines, “I'd like to believe you, Julian. But I'm starting to have this terrible feeling that we are never going to be able to break up Luis and Sheridan.” Julian replies, “We must. Father will skin me alive if we don’t.” Rebecca comments, “Oh, perhaps the only way to keep Luis from digging into the Crane past is for you to go back to Alistair’s plan and -- ugh -- kill Sheridan.” Julian shivers, “I hope to God that never happens. But you are right in thinking that Sheridan has a high level of tolerance when it comes to men deceiving her. She has a very forgiving heart. Tonight, that heart is going to shrivel up and die.”

With her beautiful roses now in a vase on the cabinet where the blue water bottles reside, Sheridan exclaims, “Luis, they're absolutely gorgeous.” Luis smiles as he plays with the steering wheel and says, “I know a bunch of roses can't make up for everything you've been through when you thought that I betrayed you. But the roses -- the roses are a symbol of my undying love for you. Now, they're the same kind of roses that my father planted for my mother years ago. When we get married, I’m going to plant roses, too -- a mark of my love for you. And then every year when they bloom, you and I will declare it a holiday, and we'll go out in the garden with the kids.” (So many sweet Luis speeches in these episodes.) Sheridan looks like she is going to cry and tells Luis, “You're going to make me cry.” Luis smiles, “No, the flowers are supposed to make you happy.” Sheridan has the biggest smile as she says, “I am. I'm the happiest woman in the world.” Luis, “You deserve to be. Well, I better get back to work now.” Sheridan asks, “Well, when will we speak again?” Luis replies, “I'll call you the first chance I get.” Sheridan tells him, “I'll be waiting.” Luis uses his sexiest voice to tell her, “I love you, Sheridan. Never forget that.” Sheridan smiles, “Never.” Sheridan hangs up the phone, smells the roses, and takes one of them with her as she crosses the room.

Sitting at his desk as he waits for Rebecca, when he sees her Julian asks, “Ready, lover? All set for the final act?” Rebecca prompts, “Want to give me a synopsis?” Julian replies, “Well, you recall how our impostor can make his voice sound exactly like Luis?” Rebecca thinks, “The similarity is uncanny.” Julian continues, “We're going to set it up so that Sheridan hears her fiancé arguing with DeeDee. And what she will hear will give her no choice but to hate Luis forever. The gloves are coming off, Rebecca. It's time we play rough. Sheridan said it would take a slap in the face for her to stop loving Luis. Well, tonight, the Crane players offer a brilliant new production of "she who gets slapped”.
    Arriving at the set up house, DeeDee greets Julian and Rebecca, inviting them to come in, then tells them, “Yes. The fake Luis is putting on his mask in the other room.” Julian says, “Excellent.” FauxLuis comes from the bedroom, “Hey. Well, what do you think? It's a nice touch, huh?” He is wearing an undershirt (the kind they call a wife-beater). Julian comments, “ Yes, perfect. Well, we don't have much time. Ahem -- Luis is on a stakeout, and Sheridan is alone at the cottage. Now, this is what I want you to do.” After Julian explains what he wants them to do, Deedee says, “You want him to slap me?” Julian says, “Hard. I want you and the fake Luis to have a no-holds-barred knockdown-drag out. It absolutely is essential that when Sheridan walks into this room, she sees our Luis slapping Deedee. Is that clear?” Deedee looks skeptical, “Wait a minute. This is not what I signed on for here.” With his ever present toothpick between his teeth, FauxLuis says, “Yeah, Mr. C. I have never hit a woman in my life.” Julian insists, “If I pay you to act rough, you will act rough. It's the only thing that will turn Sheridan off to Luis forever. The only thing she truly despises is a man brutalizing a woman.” Rebecca adds, “Well, every woman hates that. I mean, no matter how angry, no matter how bad the fight, no man should ever strike a woman. I mean, that is just a line you do not cross.” Julian says, “Well, tonight we're going to cross that fateful line one time in order to make Sheridan think that Luis is a monster.”

Julian picks up the phone and turns to DeeDee, “I want you to call my sister and get her over here.” DeeDee looks at Julian and asks, “And how in the hell do you expect me to do that?” Julian quips, “Simple. Beg her not to.”

The phone rings at Sheridan's cottage. She picks up the phone, “Hello?” DeeDee yells, “It's all your fault! Why did you have to do it?” Sheridan asks, “Who is this?” DeeDee asks Julian, “What am I supposed to say?” Julian replies, “Tell her you are the woman that Luis loves, and tell her you're afraid of what he'll do to you now that she knows about you.” DeeDee says into the phone, “You want to know who? I'll tell you who. This is the woman that Luis really loves.” Sheridan asks, “Where are you? Where are you calling from?” DeeDee answers, “I'm at home. The house that Luis set up for me -- the one that you had to come check out earlier.” Sheridan asks, “What's your name?” DeeDee asks instead, “Why did you tell Luis you saw us? You like snooping around? Well, let me tell you something. You made Luis very mad at me. Oh, my God. He's coming back. Please don't tell Luis that I called you. He'll kill me. I swear to God he'll kill me! Ow! Oh, no, Luis, don't! Oh, you're hurting me! Oh, Luis -- no, you're going to kill me! Stop!” DeeDee hangs up the phone. Rebecca pulls Julian off DeeDee as he is pretending to strangle her, “Julian! Not -- naughty, naughty, Julian!” Julian, “Oh, uh, yes. Back to the business at hand. When Sheridan walks through that door, she's going to see Luis treat a woman like an animal.” FauxLuis is grinning in the background.

Standing with the phone still in her hand, Sheridan sadly says, “It's true. It's all true.” She looks so worried and afraid.

Picking up her keys and purse to leave, Sheridan stops in front of the beautiful red roses and says, “Oh, Luis. This is worse than anything I could have ever imagined.”

Back at the set up house, FauxLuis is amazed, “Man, you people take no prisoners.” Julian says, “Extreme situations call for extreme measures.” He and Rebecca take turns taking swigs from the silver flask. DeeDee moves to stand next to FauxLuis before she asks, “Are you totally sure you want to go through with this, Mr. Crane? I could hear the fear in your sister's voice. It's going to be a terrible shock to see her fiancé beating me up.” Julian says, “My dear, dear DeeDee. That is the point. I want my sister shocked so thoroughly that it shatters her love for Luis.” Rebecca chimes in with, “Oh, there is no way she can forgive Luis after tonight.”

To be continued...

I didn't find any screen caps to go along with this episode so I am posting one of the pictures from the TV Guide with Shuis on the cover. This is one of the pictures from inside the magazine in the article. Shuis look like they are on the cover of a romance novel!
    Ann