Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: SHUIS Picture of the Day: Part 6

Smile Friday's Frazzled SHUIS Summary and Pics of the Day.......

Sheridan giggles while looking up at the falling flower petals and says, “This is so amazing! I still can't believe we're engaged.” They twirl around in the falling petals before Luis replies, “I hope you know how happy you made me.” Sheridan responds, “I do. And you've made me so happy. I love you so much.” Luis replies again, “I love you, too. And I promise I will always love you and that we will always be together.” They kiss again and again!

Sheridan exclaims, “Oh, Luis, you have made my dreams come true. Everything is perfect, just as you promised it would be. Thank you for giving me these wonderful memories.” Luis, “Oh well, the memories aren't over yet. (Luis goes to a little table to get champagne. He hands one glass to Sheridan and holds the other up in a toast.) A toast. To my beautiful fiancée, the future Mrs. Luis Lopez Fitzgerald.”

Back at the cottage, Sheridan and Luis walk through the front door and Sheridan sees the room all decorated with flowers and candles. A table has been set up for a romantic meal for two. Sheridan exclaims, “I don't believe it. How did you do all this?” Luis tells her that she has Hank to thank for this. Sheridan asks in surprise, “Hank did this?” Luis tells her, “Yeah, he came here after we left and -- well, now …” Luis pulls a chair out for Sheridan to sit at the table. Sheridan thanks him. Sheridan tells Luis, “I feel like a princess.” Luis sits down opposite Sheridan and responds, “Come on, you grew up a Crane. Didn't you always feel like a princess?” Sheridan softly explains, “Not like this. I never felt this loved. You make me feel truly, truly special, truly loved.” Luis reaches across the table to hold Sheridan’s hand as he replies, “Oh well, good. Because I'm going to make sure you always feel that way.”

In the solarium of the Crane mansion, Julian and Rebecca are talking to Alistair who has called them to go immediately to Sheridan’s cottage. He tells them that if this FauxLuis plan doesn’t work they will have to kill Sheridan.

At the cottage, Sheridan says, “I still can't believe all this. I'm engaged.” Luis replies that she is and so is he. Sheridan gets serious, “You know, I hope you'll forgive me for being so paranoid earlier, worrying that something would happen to keep up from getting engaged.” Luis says, “Oh, don't worry about it. We're engaged. There's nothing anyone can do to tear us apart.” There is a knock on door. Both look toward the door and Luis asks, “Who can that be?” Sheridan has no idea. Luis goes to the door as Sheridan stands next to the table waiting to see who it is. Luis opens the door to Julian and Rebecca who practically run into the room with champagne, shouting “Surprise!” Rebecca adds, “We wanted to be the first to congratulate you! “ Julian adds, “Yes, on your engagement!” Sheridan and Luis both look like they are going to be sick. LOL!

Sheridan looks rather worried when she asks what they are doing there and how they even knew. Julian replies, “Well, father called. He alerted us that you were officially engaged, so we came by to help you celebrate.” Luis walks back to Sheridan’s side and puts his arm protectively around her. Sheridan asks skeptically, “Father called? He wasn't furious?” Julian lies, “Absolutely not.” The cork pops and Julian laughs. Julian adds, “No, he was very happy that his only daughter had finally found true love.” Luis couldn’t resist commenting, “Yeah, I'll bet that's what he said.” Julian says, “Those were his exact words, Luis. So I'm here to welcome you to the family. Here, everyone. Darling.” Sheridan and Rebecca thank him for the champagne. Julian ties to hand one to Luis but he doesn’t take the glass from Julian. Julian toasts to true love and Rebecca says, “Yes, to true and perfect love.” Sheridan thanks them but Luis says, “Why don't you cut the bull, Julian. What's going on?” Julian tells Luis, “Well, we and father are simply welcoming you to the family, Luis, and we're here to tell you that we're planning a party in celebration.” Luis looks at Sheridan who asks in surprise, “A party?” Julian answers, “Yes, we have something very special in store for both of you.” It is Sheridan’s turn to look at Luis.

Julian says, “Let's drink up. It's not every day such a beautiful young couple gets engaged. It's a cause for celebration.” Rebecca adds, “Not to mention the fact that Alistair and Julian are going to throw you a party that will be filled with excitement.”

Luis takes Sheridan aside to tell her, “I don't know what's going on here, but I'm not trusting Rebecca or Julian. And how the hell did Alistair know that we'd gotten engaged? It's not like I called him to ask for your hand in marriage.” Sheridan replies, “I don't know. I do think it's kind of nice, though, that, you know, my father and brother want to throw us a party. Maybe they finally accepted us as being a couple.” Luis asks in surprise, “Alistair and Julian? Sheridan, there's no way. They're up to something.” Sheridan looks a bit disappointed but she says, “I'm afraid you're probably right.”
    On the other side of the room, Rebecca doesn’t think they're buying it one bit. Julian says they better buy it. Father ordered them to make sure Shuis come to the party.
    Rebecca says, “Yes, but the plan is perfectly in place. I mean, at the party, Sheridan is going to get her little heart broken when she sees Luis in bed with another woman. And she won't have a clue that it's actually an imposter wearing a Luis look-alike mask. But we can't make it happen if they don't go to the party.” Julian confidently responds, “Trust me, Becks; I can play my sister like a fiddle. Luis and Sheridan will be at the soiree this evening. This is child's play for a master manipulator such as myself. My sister and her low-rent lover will be at this party. It will be a night they shall remember forever.”

Sheridan and Luis walk back to stand in front of Julian and Rebecca. Luis offers, “We want to thank you for offering to throw us a party.” Julian quickly replies, “Well, well, no. There's no thanks necessary. There's nothing I wouldn't do for –“Luis continues, “But we won't be coming. I know you're up to something, and Sheridan and I want no part of it.” Sheridan and Luis stand side by side in front of Julian and Rebecca. Luis has his arm protectively around Sheridan.

Julian thinks he must have heard wrong because no one would miss a party in their honor. Luis is adamant, “No, you heard me. You heard me loud and clear. We're not coming.” Julian tries, “Let's not be hasty here. Let's talk this through like rational adults.” Luis counters, “There's nothing rational about you or your father. And speaking of Alistair, how did he even know that Sheridan and I were engaged?” Julian, “Well, there's really nothing to be suspicious about. Father merely likes to keep an eye on his family. But frankly, that's not the point. The point is father was thrilled with the news of your engagement. He wants to welcome Sheridan's future husband to the family. And he wanted his daughter to know that he supports her.” Sheridan asks in disbelief, “He really wanted that?” Julian replies with exactly what he thinks Sheridan wants to hear, “Yes, sister dear. He wanted you to know that we all support you and that he loves you.” Sheridan asks, “Father said he loves me?” Sheridan looks like she really wants this to be true. Julian. “Yes. You are his pride and joy. We all support you, and we all love you.” Luis takes Sheridan aside again to say, “Sheridan, please. Please don't start buying this.” Sheridan thinks, “Maybe Julian's being sincere. Maybe father really wants to show us his support.” Luis doesn’t believe it, “Sheridan, you were never able to trust Alistair and Julian. Why start now?” Sheridan replies, “You're probably right. I guess I just wanted to believe that they'd changed their minds about us.” They walk back to stand in front of Julian and Rebecca again. This time it is Sheridan who declines their party offer, “Thank you for coming down here, but we can't accept your offer. We won't be coming to the party.” Julian sputters, “But you can't –“Rebecca asks Julian to step outside so she can have a word with the couple. When Julian leaves, Luis says, “You're not going to change our minds. There's no way we're going to that party.”
    Outside Alistair calls Julian to ask what is going on now. They wait to see if Rebecca can get Shuis to change their minds.

Inside the cottage, Rebecca asks Shuis to hear her out. Luis, “Oh, I haven't forgotten the last time I heard you out. You got a hell of a lot of joy telling me about Ethan and Theresa's relationship.” Rebecca replies, “You have to admit I was telling you the truth. And I'm trying to tell you the truth here. Sheridan, this party comes from Julian's and Alistair's hearts.” Luis counters, “Well, where's the truth in that? Julian and Alistair have no hearts.” (LOL!!!) Rebecca tries again, “Look, you may not know this, but when Ethan's true paternity was revealed, the two of them were devastated.” Sheridan tells her, “I saw how they treated Ethan. The cast him out as if he were a total stranger.” Rebecca, “You know that the crane men are raised never to show their emotions in public. What, they were torn apart and they know that if they don't accept Luis, well, they could lose you, too.” Sheridan up at Luis and you can see that she wants so much to believe what Rebecca is telling her but she says, “I just don't know.” Rebecca pleads, “Look, just accept this olive branch from your brother and your father. I mean, after all, is an extravagant party such a hardship to get your family's love?” Sheridan again looks questioningly at Luis.

Sheridan and Luis now stand facing each other while holding hands. Rebecca states, “Sheridan, I'm sure that Luis is not your family's first choice for your future husband.” Luis sarcastically replies, “Well, now, that's the first truthful thing you've said all night.” Rebecca goes on, “But they don't want to lose you. So they are willing to accept Luis for your sake, so please -- please, just let them throw you this party.” Luis replies, “Sheridan and I will throw our own engagement party. And we'll invite Julian and Alistair because they're Sheridan's relatives. There's no way I'm letting the two of them do a thing for us.” Rebecca knows when to quit, “Well, ok. If that's the way you want it. But, Sheridan, please, if you change your mind, just -- just call me.” She leaves to join Julian outside.

To be continued……….
    Ann

Smile Saturday's Sweet and Sour SHUIS Summary and Pic of the day......

Inside the cottage, Sheridan sits in the chair by the fireplace as Luis paces the floor. He says, “It’s a good thing that Julian and Rebecca left. I was this close to bouncing them out of here.” Sheridan looks up and says, “I don’t know why you’re being so upset.” Luis replies, “You don’t! After the way your family has treated you all your life, Julian walks in here and talks about how he and Alistair are going to throw you this engagement party. Talk about hypocrisy! If that’s not it, I don’t know what is!” Sheridan stands and walks over to Luis as she says, “The party wasn’t just for me. It was for you, too. It was to celebrate our engagement.” Luis responds, “Like you’d actually believe they had a change of heart and were afraid of losing you because Ethan is not a Crane anymore.” Sheridan asks, “You really don’t think there’s any chance that they are being sincere?” Luis quickly answers, “No, I don’t trust either of them and I don’t think that you should either. There’s no way either of us are going to any party they throw. That’s it.” Luis walks away and stands with his back to Sheridan. She looks surprised that Luis is so unbending.

Sheridan follows Luis to the other side of the room before she asks, “You’re not even going to consider it?” Luis turns around and says, “There’s nothing to consider.” Sheridan says, “I just don’t think that we should be hasty giving them a flat out no.” Luis, who has resumed pacing, turns toward Sheridan again as he says, “Hasty?” Sheridan continues, “We could think about it for a while.” Luis again is adamant, “What’s there to think about? After the things your family has done to you.” Sheridan says, “I know.” Luis continues, “Do you want me to go down the list of rotten things they have done to you?” Sheridan quickly says, “No!” Luis goes on, “It’s a long list.” Sheridan looks hurt as she says, “I know what they’ve done. I’ve lived it.” She turns away, goes to the couch, sits, picks up a pillow and hugs it to herself as a form of comfort. Luis looks at her a minute before he sits next to her on the couch. He asks, “Sheridan, have you ever felt loved by your family? Was there ever even one time when they reached out to you?” Sheridan looks up and says, “What if they’ve changed?” Luis replies, “They haven’t.” Sheridan tries again, “What if this is the start? What if losing Ethan has made Julian and Alistair change?” Luis says, “I’m sorry. I just can’t believe that. Alistair Crane a different man?” Sheridan replies, “Well, maybe not completely but maybe this whole thing with Ethan has made him want to keep his own children close.” Luis says, “Sheridan, listen, when your father thought you were dead, did he even come to your funeral?” Sheridan says, “No, but maybe what Rebecca said earlier was true, maybe my father knew I was alive.” Luis begs, “Come on, Sheridan, you’re grasping at straws here.” Sheridan counters, “He has a lot of connections.” Luis quips, “What? Gravediggers Union?” Sheridan replies, “Seriously, Luis, he knows about things way before everyone else does.” Luis says, “Well, that’s what he wants you to think.” Sheridan, “One thing I’ve learned about my father is not to underestimate him. Alistair Crane is one of the most powerful men in the world.” Luis answers, “I don’t care who he is or what he does. We’re not going to that party. Now, I love you and part of loving you means protecting you.” Sheridan says that she knows. Luis continues, “And I know that you want to believe that them throwing this party for us is a good and loving thing. I understand that. But I have to go with my gut here. My instinct tells me that something is off. We are not going to that party. There is no way in hell.” Sheridan looks so sad and dejected.

Luis caresses Sheridan’s arm as he sits next to her. Sheridan softly tells him, “I know that you are trying to protect me from Alistair but he is my father.” Luis says, “And he is ruthless. He always was and always will be.” Sheridan says, “I know that you might not understand this because you come from such a loving home. After my mother died all I wanted was for my father to hold me and tell me that it would be all right. He never did. Alistair never held me. I can’t remember him giving me one hug or kiss. That’s all I wanted. I so badly wanted him to be close to me. He was never there.” Luis smiles, “He was off making more billions.” Sheridan agrees, “I guess that was all he thought about, all he cared about.” Luis reminds her, “That hasn’t changed. Sheridan, don’t let this party deal fool you.” Sheridan replies, “I’m not going to be silly about it but I do think that there is a chance he has changed. (Luis shakes his head no.) No, really, I think that he wants to take part in my life. He wants to be a part of my happiness with you.” Sheridan wants this to be true so badly. Luis replies, “No, Sheridan.” Sheridan looks sad and says to Luis, “You’ve always had love so you don’t understand.” She stands again and crosses the room to pour some water. Getting up, too, Luis says, “Sheridan, I do understand. My father disappeared when I was very young.” Sheridan turns to him and says, “Oh, Luis.” Luis takes her hands in his as he says, “As much as we had love in our house, something was missing.” Sheridan apologizes, “I’m sorry. I know that you blame Julian and Alistair for your father’s disappearance.” Luis replies, “Yes, and one day I’m going to prove it. This isn’t about me or my family. This is about you. As much as I distrust your brother and father, I do understand how you feel.” Sheridan asks with hope in her voice, “What are you saying?” Luis replies, “If it means that much to you for them to throw this engagement party, it’s all right with me.” Sheridan’s face lights up with a big smile. She throws her arms around Luis’ neck and says, “Thank you!”

Julian and Rebecca have been outside the cottage the whole time watching to see if Sheridan could convince Luis to attend the party so they would not have to kill Sheridan. When they see Sheridan and Luis heading to the door, they scramble away from the window and make it appear that they are outside talking about a trip on the yacht. LOL! Sheridan and Luis step out the front door. Sheridan cautiously approaches Julian and Beccs from behind. When Julian turns around, Sheridan tells them that she is glad that they are still there because they have something they want to tell Julian and Rebecca. Sheridan says, “Luis and I reconsidered your offer.” Julian asks, “The party?” Sheridan replies, “We would love for you to throw us one.” Rebecca squeals and Julian says, “Splendid! Ah, to see my darling sister engaged!” Julian hugs Sheridan and tells Luis that he is a lucky man. Luis says that he is but Sheridan says that she is the lucky one. Julian even congratulates Luis and they shake hands. When Rebecca asks if they have set a date, Sheridan replies that they are going to have a double wedding with Ethan and Theresa. Julian and Rebecca are both surprised but Rebecca says, “Oh my! Well, that is going to be one hell of a day!” Luis puts his arms around Sheridan as she smiles up at him.

Shuis picture of the day is one of srhrobin's beautiful banners...this one is of the gazebo proposal.

To be continued……….
    Ann

Re: SHUIS Picture of the Day: Part 6

Thanks, Ann!

Smile Sunday's Subtle SHUIS Summary and Pic of the Day.....

At the cottage, Shuis are seated on the couch celebrating their engagement with some champagne when there is a knock on the door. Sheridan turns toward the door and yells, “Come in.” Luis exclaims, “Mama.” They both stand as Sheridan says, “Pilar, I’m so glad you're here.” Luis adds, “Yeah, we’ve got something to tell you.” Pilar comes further into the room and stands at the end of the couch as she says, “Well, from those smiles and all these beautiful decorations, it must be good news, huh?” Luis smiles and says, “I asked Sheridan to marry me, and she said yes.” Both Sheridan and Luis are smiling so brightly. Sheridan holds up her hand to show Pilar her ring as she excitedly tells Pilar, “We're engaged. And not only that, but Julian and Alistair and Rebecca are going to throw us an engagement party to welcome Luis into the family.” Seeing that Pilar looks stunned, Luis prompts, “Come on, mama, say something.” Pilar quickly says, “Luis, please, do not do this.” Luis has his arm around Sheridan but they both look at each other and their smiles are now gone.

Looking worried, Luis asks, “Well, what do you mean, "no, don't do this"? You talking about us getting engaged, or are you talking about us going to the party that Alistair and Julian are going to throw for us?” Pilar gives a small smile and says, “Oh, no. I am happy that you're engaged. Very happy. (Sheridan and Luis look relieved.) But this party, it concerns me. Alistair and Julian cannot be happy that you plan to marry, nor can they be sincere about this party. I’m just afraid that if you go to it, the Cranes will destroy you.” Luis explains, “Mama, I was concerned, too. But Sheridan was so touched by her family wanting to do this, I couldn't say no.” Pilar steps away and Sheridan follows, then Luis. Sheridan adds, “Alistair even sent Julian and Rebecca here to the cottage to invite us themselves. Look, I know you're worried about me getting hurt, just like Luis is. But I really think everything is going to be all right. Rebecca said that Julian and Alistair are sincere about this, that after losing Ethan, they wanted to reach out to me, keep me close to the family.” Pilar smiles at Sheridan’s hopefulness and says, “I understand what you're saying. And I can see why you'd want to go to the party.” Sheridan walks to the couch and picks up her dry cleaning that Pilar brought with her and cheerfully says, “I’m glad. Well, I’m going to put this away. Luis, would you please pour Pilar some champagne?” Luis, “Yeah.” As Sheridan leaves the room, Luis pours Pilar a glass of champagne. Pilar looks at Luis like he has lost his mind and says, “Mijo, are you crazy? Why on earth would you want to go to a party thrown by Alistair and Julian, two men who hate you with every fiber of their being?”

Standing facing each other in Sheridan’s living room Pilar asks Luis, “Why are the Cranes suddenly being so nice, so supportive of Sheridan? They cannot be happy that she's engaged to you.” Luis replies, “I know. And I understand your concern. I had misgivings about the party, too. Sheridan wanted to go so badly, I couldn't refuse her.” Pilar says, “I know that having her father throw her this party means the world to Sheridan. She craves his love and approval since he didn't give it to her as a child. Alistair knows this, and that's why he's playing on her neediness.” Luis replies, “Yeah, but there's nothing Alistair or Julian can do to tear us apart, especially at a party. There will be lots of people around.” Pilar looks at Luis, “Oh, do not kid yourself, Mijo. Alistair Crane can do anything he wants, and if he wants to tear you and Sheridan apart…..” Luis, “Mama….” Pilar looks away but continues, “He can and he will. Now, I know that you love Sheridan and that Theresa loves Ethan, but I cannot believe my luck.” Luis doesn’t understand, “What are you talking about?” Pilar explains, “The one thing that I feared the most was that my children would somehow get mixed up with the Cranes, and now it has come to pass. Thank heaven that Miguel is in love with Charity. I cannot imagine that he will ever cause me such worry.”

Pilar pleads, “Por favor, Luis, do not go to this party. You will be courting disaster.” Luis takes Pilar back to sit on the couch before he responds, “Mama, look, Sheridan and I, we love each other, all right? The Cranes, they can't take that away from us.” Sheridan comes back from the bedroom but stops before entering the living room. Pilar reminds Luis, “Well, you were once against Theresa marrying Ethan because he was a Crane. You thought that Ethan's family would hurt Theresa. So why do you think they wouldn't hurt you and Sheridan?” Luis states, “It's different.” Pilar questions, “How, Luis? Because you're a man?” Luis shrugs, “Well, yeah.” Pilar counters with, “So was your father, Mijo. My Martin. And you think they're responsible for his disappearance.” Sheridan returns to the living room and says, “Pilar, I’m sorry. I couldn't help but hear how concerned you are. You know Luis is only going to the party for my sake.” Sheridan sits on the couch next to Luis and places her hand on his leg. He caresses her back. Pilar says, “Oh, it's true, I do fear for my son. But I’m afraid for you, too, Sheridan. Ever since Ivy married Julian, I have worked in the Crane mansion. For several years, I even lived in this cottage with my family, before we were thrown out like trash. The Cranes can be as cruel as they can be kind.” Sheridan looks so sad at the thought and she says, “I can understand you being concerned. Maybe I should be, too. I mean, if the people I trust are in such a state over this, then maybe I should rethink going to the party.” Luis turns to Sheridan and asks, “What are you planning to do?” Sheridan stands and announces, “I’m going to go up to the main house and talk to Julian and Rebecca again, just to see what's really going on.” Pilar says, “I think that's a good idea.” Luis suggests, “Why don't we all go up to the mansion?” Pilar stops Sheridan, “And, Sheridan, promise me that if -- if you sense that your brother and Mrs. Hotchkiss are insincere, please, just refuse to attend.” Before Luis and Sheridan head to the door, Sheridan says, “I promise.” Pilar clasps her hands and says, “Gracias a dios” before she follows them out the door.

Sitting on the couch at the mansion with Tabitha, Ivy asks, “Oh. So, Tabitha, could I have one of the drivers take you home, perhaps?” Sheridan, Luis and Pilar arrive at the mansion and walk into the living room looking for Julian. When Ivy sees them she jumps up and hugs Sheridan, saying, “Oh, Luis and Sheridan, Julian told me about your engagement. Congratulations.” Sheridan responds, “Thank you, Ivy.” Looking around with much curiosity, Luis says, “Yeah, thanks. What happened here?” Tabitha supplies, “Let's just say I barged in. Leave it at that. Congratulations on your engagement, you two. You make a lovely couple.” Luis thanks Tabby. Tabitha thinks to herself, “I'd wish you all the happiness in the world, but I've seen your futures, dears, and this summer will bring you all the pain in the world -- both of you.” Sheridan turns back to Ivy and asks, “We came to talk to Julian. Is he around?” Ivy tells her that he and Rebecca just stepped out but she is sure they'll be back soon.”

Standing in the living room waiting for Julian, Sheridan tells Luis, “Well, if Julian doesn't show up soon, then we'll just go look for him.” As soon as they walk toward the door, Julian enters and Sheridan asks him, “Are you and father really throwing us a party to celebrate our engagement?” Julian says that of course they are. He is distracted by the MarTimmy that Tabby has but Sheridan tries to bring him back to pay attention to her by asking who is invited to the party. Luis chimes in, “Yes. Is it just our families or what?” Still distracted, Julian answers, “You're welcome to invite whomever you like. Ask the whole town for all I care.” Tabitha is thrilled to hear that and quickly RSVP’s. LOL! Upon hearing this, Luis puts his arm around Sheridan’s shoulder and squeezes. They look at each other and grin. LOL!

Tabitha picks up Timmy and walks over to stand in front of Sheridan and Luis before she says, “I know it will be a lovely party because you're such a lovely pair.” Sheridan graciously thanks Tabitha. Luis asks Tabby to excuse them. Tabby nods yes as Luis takes Sheridan’s hand and walks her to the other side of the room to talk, “I don't think that Julian and Rebecca expected batty old Tabitha to come to our engagement party.” Sheridan smiles and says, “Well, it'll add character. I mean, not every engagement party has a dotty woman walking around with her doll.” Luis says, “Yeah, but I’m not sure that's a bad thing.” He, too, is grinning. Sheridan tells Luis, “I feel so silly for being worried before you proposed. Everything is turning out perfectly, just like in my dream. I mean, not only are we engaged, but my family is finally accepting you, which is why they're throwing the party. I mean, now I’m sure that nothing will go wrong.” Sheridan is so happy, so radiant!

To be continued……….

No screen caps to go with this episode but I do have another of the beautiful SHUIS banners made by srhrobin. This is another one of her gazebo proposal banners.
    Ann

Smile Monday's Meaningful SHUIS Summary and Pic of the Day......

As Sheridan and Luis sit on the couch in the living room of the Crane mansion, Sheridan lays her hand on Luis’ arm as he takes her hand in his while Sheridan asks if they are all right. Luis says, “Do you even have to ask that?” She means about this engagement party that her family is throwing for them. Luis wants to know how she wants him to answer that. Sheridan says that he doesn’t have to say that it is a great idea but to at least tell her that he doesn’t think it’s dangerous. Sheridan adds, “I really want to believe that my father and brother’s intentions are good. Anyone can change, right?” Sheridan looks so hopeful but all Luis can say is, “So they say.” Sheridan continues, “And really, I have to believe that are coming around. You know, they finally realized that they can’t fight us so they have to accept us as a couple because we’re going to get married no matter what anyone else says.” She looks up at Luis who is looking away and not saying anything and says, “Say something.” Luis says, “I hope you’re right.” Sheridan replies brightly, “I must be. Why else would they be throwing us a party?” Luis shrugs and hugs Sheridan.

Luis reminds Sheridan that they have an engagement party to get ready for. Sheridan realizes, “You’re right! How are we going to do everything in time? People don’t know that we are engaged, let alone invite them. I have to find Ethan and let him know.” Sheridan gets up to leave followed by Luis who says, “I’ll call Sam and Grace.” Luis stops in his tracks, “Oh God. Their whole world has been turned upside down. I don’t think they are going to want to go to a party tonight, much less here.” Sheridan turns back to face Luis, “Right. All their problems started last time they were here at the mansion.” Yeah. Look, I don’t mean to rain on your parade but even as happy as people are for us, they might not want to come to a party being hosted by the Cranes.” Sheridan replies, “You’re right. So many people resent my family.” Luis adds, “And for good reason.” Undaunted, Sheridan replies with her gorgeous smile, “You know what, this is about you and me. This isn’t about my father or brother. This is about something so good that no one could have a problem with it and it’ll make our engagement official to announce it to our closest friends.” Luis smiles and takes Sheridan’s hands in his, “This party means a lot to you, doesn’t it?” Sheridan gives him a sweet smile as she nods her head and says, “Yes.” Luis tells her, “I’m going to do my best to make it everything you’ve ever wished for.” Sheridan smiles and thanks Luis as she hugs him, “Thank you for understanding. The more people show us their support, the more Julian and Alistair will see that they didn’t make a mistake in accepting our relationship. They will finally realize that our love is so strong that nothing can pull us apart.” Sheridan reaches up and caresses Luis’ cheek as he smiles down at her.

Luis arrives at Grace’s Treasures (Grace’s gift shop) along with TC and Eve. He tells both couples that he is getting married. He proposed to Sheridan and she accepted. They are all happy for Luis and congratulate him. Luis invites them to his engagement party tonight. They all say they will come until he tells them that Julian is throwing the party and it is at the Crane mansion. They look at Luis in disbelief.

Luis doesn’t blame them for not wanting to go to the mansion, but it would really mean a lot to him and Sheridan if some of their real friends were there. TC and Eve say they will come since Luis is a good friend and Eve is so fond of Sheridan. Luis turns to Grace and tells her that he doesn’t expect her to come after what happened at the mansion the last time she was there. She thanks Luis for understanding and tells him to give her best to Sheridan. Luis heads off to invite more of his friends to the party.

Arriving at the Book Café, Sheridan finds Ethan and Theresa with Chad and Whitney. Sheridan is all excited and looks radiant when she asks Theresa to remember the fortune cookie that Theresa got at the Chinese restaurant. Theresa gets all excited, too, and asks if Luis finally proposed. Sheridan says yes, he did and she accepted. Ethan, Theresa, Chad, and Whitney all congratulate her and give her hugs and kisses! As Theresa hugs Ethan, she says that now they can have a double wedding.

Sheridan shows them her ring saying, “Isn’t it the most beautiful ring you’ve ever seen?” Theresa says that it was her grandmother’s. Sheridan quickly asks, “Oh, you don’t mind, do you?” Theresa says that she does not. Their grandmother gave it to Luis to give to the woman he fell in love with, and that would be Sheridan. Theresa wants to hear all about the proposal. Sheridan tells Theresa that it was the most beautiful marriage proposal in the world. “I told Luis exactly how I dreamed it would be and he recreated it down to the last detail. It was so romantic!” Then she tells them, “Well, I didn’t track you down just to show you my ring. I wanted to invite you all to a celebration party tonight.” They all say they will come. Gwen joins the group unexpectedly. Sheridan invites her to the party, too, and then Sheridan tells everyone that Julian and Rebecca are hosting it. The room becomes rather quiet. Ethan can’t believe the party will be at the Crane mansion. He doesn’t believe that Julian and Alistair have changed their minds but Sheridan says that she has to take them at their word.

After leaving Sheridan with the others, Gwen calls Rebecca to see why her mother would be throwing a party for Theresa’s brother. She says they are all (the Lo-Fitz) trying to move in on the Cranes. LOL! Rebecca guarantees that Luis will not be marrying Sheridan any more than Ethan will marry Theresa.

Having made his rounds to invite his friends to the party, Luis arrives at the Book Café and is congratulated by Ethan and Chad. He joins Sheridan at her table. Sheridan asks, “So?” Luis replies, “I invited everyone I can think of.” Sheridan asks, “They’re coming, right?” Luis says, “Yeah, everyone except Grace Bennett. She sent her congratulations. Everyone else is coming in spite of Julian.” Sheridan tells Luis that Ethan was just as suspicious of Julian and Alistair’s motives as Luis was. She told him that she was going to take them at their word and hope that everything would be all right.

To be continued……….

I didn't find screen caps to go along with tonight's episode so I am going to repost one of the TV Guide covers. They are beautiful and are a reminder of what NBC and Passions thought of Shuis. They are the signature couple of Passions.
    Ann

Thanks, Ann!

Smile Tuesday's Tender SHUIS Summary and Pic of the Day......

As Luis dresses in his bedroom, he talks with Miguel and Pilar. Miguel asks if Luis is excited about the party tonight and Luis tells him that he would be more excited if it were thrown by anyone but Julian. Luis is fixing the tie of his tux and he looks so handsome! Miguel then asks, “Yeah. I mean, I know how you feel about the Cranes, but he is Sheridan's brother. And isn't Mrs. Hotchkiss co-hosting?” Luis smiles and says, “Yeah, exactly. Another reason I don't want to go. I don't trust either of them. But Sheridan wants to go, even if she is uneasy about it.” Pilar asks if he thinks that Julian is up to something and Luis responds by asking when Julian is even not up to something.

Dressed in a black robe with a faux fur collar, Sheridan walks into her living room to talk to Ethan who is fixing his tie at the mirror. Sheridan asks Ethan how her hair looks. He tells her that she looks like a million bucks, as usual. Sheridan thanks him and says that he does, too. Ethan replies, “Well, looks can be deceiving. You know, growing up with all the money in the world, you always take it for granted -- well, at least I did. I never really worried about it. It was always just there. You know, just being a Crane, everything's taken care of. I never really thought about where I was going to work or live, but now, suddenly, I have to invent a whole new life for myself.” Sheridan asks if he is scared. He says that he is a bit but it feels good to be on his own so that whatever he achieves, it will be all his doing. She knows he will be fine and he hopes so because it won’t be easy without money.

Sheridan helps Ethan fix his tie and says that she would help if he would let her. Ethan replies, “Thank you, but I need to do this on my own. The hard part is I have to find it quick. I mean, we're going to be walking down the aisle soon. I need a place to put my bride.” Sheridan smiles and says, “She'll be happy in a one-room shack so long as she's with you.” Ethan responds, “Well, I hope so. So, what about you? You're going to have to find a new place, too, once you and Luis get married. He sure is not going to live on Crane property.” Sheridan looks pensive as she replies, “You're right. And he's definitely not going to want to live in a place that he can't afford. I guess there are a lot of things that I'm going to deal with that I never thought about before. I just love Luis so much. I'm sure there's nothing I can't handle.” Sheridan gives Ethan such a dazzling smile as she talks about what she can accomplish because she loves Luis so much.

In Luis’ bedroom, Miguel asks, “Luis, why did you accept Julian's invitation if you think he's up to something?” Luis answers, “Well, like I said, Sheridan wants to go to the party, so I'm going.” Pilar says that Sheridan was uneasy, too. Luis turns to look in the mirror as he says, “Well, she knows her brother. She'd be crazy if she wasn't uneasy.” Miguel then asks, “But Julian must be happy for Sheridan or why would he be throwing this party?” Luis turns back to face his mother and brother before he answers, “Yeah. That's a good question since the guy doesn't like me at all. But there's nothing he can do. Sheridan and I love each other and we have a great relationship.” Pilar warns, “Just be careful, son. Julian is a very clever man, and there's no telling what he might try to do.” Luis says, “I know, mama. I've been suspicious of Julian Crane from the day papa disappeared. I'll never trust that guy.” Miguel thinks of another question for Luis, “Do you think Julian would try to break you and Sheridan up?” Miguel sits at the foot of Luis’ bed with a football listening to Luis’ response, “Well, I'm sure he's working his pea brain overtime trying to figure something out. There's no way they can break me and Sheridan up. We love each other, we trust each other, and we have no secrets. So Julian and Alistair can huff and puff all they want. It's not going to do any good.” Miguel says, “Well, I'm glad to see you're so sure of your love.” Luis thanks Miguel as Pilar again warns, “I don't know. It's just not like Julian to be so generous. There must be a reason he's throwing this party. He's up to something.”

Sheridan looks at a bouquet of flowers in front of her as she tells Ethan, “You know, I don't mind moving out of this place, but after tonight, I might not have to.” Ethan wants to know why she thinks that. Sheridan says, “Well, because I'm hoping that Julian wants to get to know Luis, you know, so that they can get along. Wouldn't it be nice if Luis stopped being suspicious of my family, they stopped disliking him?” Ethan brings her back to reality, “That would be great, but don't hold your breath. I don't trust Julian's motives for throwing this party.” Sheridan is ever hopeful, “Julian and Alistair have always been against me being with Luis. But maybe now they just want to see me happy.” Ethan tries again, “I mean, that would be nice, but I know how they think. And Luis -- he still suspects them of having something to do with his father's disappearance. I mean, why would Julian and Alistair suddenly drop their objections to Luis?”

In Luis’ bedroom he tells his mother, “Don't worry about it, ok? There's nothing Julian can do that Sheridan and I can't handle.” Pilar replies, “Isn't that what mothers are supposed to do -- worry?” Miguel stands and chimes in, “I'm sure Luis knows what he's doing, mama. I mean, the Lopez Fitzgeralds are on a roll. You know, first Ethan and Theresa and now Luis and Sheridan. Charity and I wanted to make it a triple wedding, but the chief and Mrs. Bennett made us promise to wait till we were 18.” Pilar and Luis look at Miguel in shock. Luis asks, “You and Charity?” Pilar finds her voice, “Mijo, you're getting married? I can't believe this.” Miguel says that they love each other and everyone knows that. Luis says, “Well, that's great that you're in love, Miguel, but Sam and Grace are right. You're way too young to be thinking about marriage right now.” Miguel replies, “Well, I told you -- we're going to wait.” Pilar stands between her two sons but remains silent as she watches and listens to Luis quizzing Miguel. Luis continues, “Until when? You're 18? Miguel, that's still too young. Come on, you haven't even really, really lived life yet or dated a lot of girls. Come on; just enjoy life while you're young.” Miguel tells him, “I can enjoy life while I'm young with Charity.” Luis asks a few questions, “Well, how do you know that she's the right one for you, the one that you're going to spend the rest of your life with?” Miguel says, “I know. That's all. You know, I never stop thinking about her. And all I ever want to do is be with her.” Luis has more to say, “Well, I'm not saying anything against Charity, but what about all those weird premonitions? I mean, she got dragged into hell, and you and Kay and Charity -- you guys almost died. Doesn't that worry you?” Miguel has a great answer for Luis, “Look, that just tells me that Charity is a very special girl, all right? And that there's never going to be another girl like her. I love her.” Luis says, “Well, that's great. But love at 17 looks a hell of a lot different than it does at 20 or 25. Miguel, your feelings could change.” Miguel replies, “Not mine. I know she's the girl for me.” Luis says, “Ok. I just hope you're right. I hope you're ready to make a commitment to her for life.”

Miguel asks, “Luis, you know how sure you are that Sheridan's the right woman for you?” Luis says, “I know you liked Kay a lot. What about her?” Miguel replies, “Yeah. You know, I still do. I mean, Kay's a wonderful girl, Luis. You know, she means a lot to me.” Luis asks, “So, is there a chance that someday you and Kay could be together?” Miguel responds, “There was a time when I thought we might end up together. You know, but then Charity came to town and -- I mean, she's changed my life, Luis. And the way I feel about Charity, I've never felt about any other girl.” Luis gives up and says, “Ok. Ok, I'm convinced. Well, I think it's time for me to go pick up the woman who changed my life.” They all say good bye as Pilar gives Luis a kiss.

At the cottage sitting on the couch and having a glass of wine, Sheridan and Ethan have a discussion about who sent the information about his paternity to the tabloid. Ethan wants to make the person pay but Sheridan advises him to forget about that and move on with his life. Then she says, “I was thinking about what you said with Julian and Alistair. And this is totally unlike them to do an about-face and throw this party for me and Luis.” Ethan agrees, “Yes. It makes you wonder what they're up to.” Sheridan debates, “I don't know. But like Luis said, what can they do? I mean, only we can destroy what we have together. We're not about to do that because we love each other too much.” Ethan says, “Right. You know, maybe they're just being nice to Luis so he'll forget about investigating into his father's disappearance. I mean, you know how Julian and Alistair are about people looking into their private affairs.” Sheridan thinks of something else, “Or maybe having lost you, they don't want to lose me, too. Because they know that if I had to choose between them, I would choose Luis.” Ethan agrees, “I'm sure they know that.” Sheridan says, “I mean, they must love me to go through all this trouble to throw a party.” Ethan again agrees, “I'm sure they love you in their own way.” Sheridan tells Ethan, “You know, they are my family. In my heart, I can't believe they would do anything to hurt me or to ruin my happiness with Luis. Because if they did and I lost Luis, I would absolutely die.” Sheridan looks so sad that I wanted to cry.

Ready to be on his way to pick up his fiancée, Ethan gives Sheridan a kiss on the cheek and says, “I'll see you at the party.” Sheridan says Ok. As Ethan opens the door, Luis is arriving. Ethan, “Luis. I was just leaving. Congratulations to you.” They shake hands as Luis thanks Ethan. Ethan looks at Luis and says, “So, it looks like Theresa was right. We're going to have a double wedding.” Luis smiles and says, “Yes, we are.” Ethan nods, “Great. I'll see you at the party.”

With a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eyes, Luis walks toward Sheridan who is standing in front of the couch in her robe and says, “How do you do it? How do you manage to look more beautiful every time I see you? Huh? How do you do it?” Sheridan smiles shyly at Luis and says, “Well, haven't you heard? Women in love have a special glow. You look pretty wonderful yourself.” Luis blurts out, “I am the luckiest guy alive.” To which Sheridan responds, “I'm the lucky one.” They kiss and as Luis straightens from the kiss he shrugs and says, “Ok, it's a tie.” Sheridan is suddenly serious, “Tell me everything is going to be all right tonight. If you tell me, then I'll believe it.” Luis pulls her close to hold her.

When the hug is over Luis claps his hands together and says, “I think that everything is going to be perfect tonight. If Julian tries to ruin it, I’ll take care of him. Nothing to worry about.” He smiles which prompts Sheridan to smile and say, “That’s all I needed to hear. Your word means everything to me. I will never doubt you.” Luis leans close and says, “And I’ll never give you any reason to doubt me. I love you ……now and forever. (Luis lowers his voice to almost a whisper as he says the “now and forever”……so very sexy! He looks so handsome in his tux, too!) They kiss again! These were short but such beautiful exchanges between the lovers.

To be continued………

I didn’t find screen caps to go along with this episode so I am posting the second TV Guide cover that featured Shuis.
    Ann

Thanks, Ann. Such a beautiful couple!