Sheridan and Luis arrive at the cottage. Luis puts his bag down and Sheridan asks if he is tired. He says that he is exhausted. It’s been a long day. Sheridan supposes that he wants to go to bed then. Luis says no, he thought they could stay up for a while. Sheridan asks if he wants to watch television. They sit down on the couch as Luis answers, “No, no. Tonight I want to tell you how …..no, that’s not right. Tonight I want to show you how much I love you.” Sheridan tells him that he doesn’t have to prove anything to her. Luis says, “Oh, I do. Tonight could be one of the most important nights of our lives and I want it to be perfect.” Luis pulls Sheridan to him for a kiss.

As their kiss ends, Sheridan asks Luis if he remembers what he wanted to ask her before they were called to the Bennett’s. Luis says that he remembers and he wants to pick up exactly where they left off. As Luis stands up, he tells Sheridan that he is going to get cleaned up and when he comes back they will pick up where they left off. Sheridan jumps up and grabs his arm and says, “No, no, you don’t have to get cleaned up. I like you when you’re dirty. (She manages to pull Luis back to the couch.) I mean, you’re fine just the way you are. We can talk now. You go first.” Luis smiles, takes her hands and says, “Sheridan, I want this to be perfect.” Sheridan has a big smile on her face as she releases his hands. He touches her nose before he goes off to the bathroom. Sheridan picks up the pillow, buries her head in it, and lets out a soft scream of frustration. She is still smiling as she bites the pillow and pulls it from between her teeth. LOL! (This was so cute! She played that to perfection. I loved her frustration at having to keep waiting for her proposal!)

As Luis showers, Sheridan steps in and caresses his back, surprising him. Luis turns around with a big grin on his face to ask what she is doing there. Sheridan smiles that radiant smile of hers and tells Luis, “It just occurred to me that we both need a shower.” Luis asks, “Oh, yeah?” Sheridan replies, “Oh, yeah!”

Luis utters another “oh, yeah” as he puts his arms around Sheridan to pull her close for another passionate kiss.

Back in the living room, Sheridan and Luis are once again sitting on the couch, now dressed in their bathrobes and wet hair. Sheridan asks Luis not to keep her in suspense any longer. She asks him to ask whatever it was that he wanted to ask her. Luis begins, “You know that I love you with all my heart.” Sheridan replies, “I love you, too.” Luis continues, “But I also admire you and respect you for the person you are, the pain you’ve endured, the obstacles you’ve overcome. You’re everything I could ask for in a partner in life and more.” Sheridan smiles and says, “I feel the same way about you.” Luis says, “Then I’m definitely the luckiest man in the world. I guess Theresa was right after all. It looks like there’s going to be a double wedding. Sheridan smiles the brightest smile and her eyes sparkle as Luis looks so lovingly in her eyes. They are so in love and so happy!
Sheridan and Luis are relaxing on the couch. Luis has his arm around Sheridan as she snuggles into his chest. There are candles lit all around the room and their song “Imagine’ is playing. Luis pours his heart out to Sheridan as he says, “Sheridan, I love you more than I thought I was capable of loving anyone. (He chuckles softly.) I can’t believe I am telling you these things. I guess I never thought I’d feel this way. (Sheridan smiles and bites her lip as she lays on his chest.) But, I can’t live without you. When I look into your beautiful eyes, I feel like I can do anything. You give me strength I never knew I had. If I had someone like you to come home to, someone like you to love, I could do anything. Sheridan, you make it all possible. You give me a reason to get up in the morning. You give me a reason to live. I was going to get down on one knee again but this feels so good. It’s not very traditional, but hey, we haven’t exactly been a traditional couple, now have we? (Luis takes a deep breath, exhales, pulls the ring from his pocket and holds it out.) Sheridan, will you marry me?”

Luis continues, “Sheridan, will you spend the rest of your life with me? Have a family with me? Grow old with me? I know it’s a big step for both of us but I can’t imagine my life without you. (Sheridan smiles.) Sheridan, I want to commit to you in front of God and in front of our family and friends. With all my heart, I’m asking you to be my wife. Sheridan, will you marry me?

“I know with absolute certainty that you are my soul mate. You’re the person that I want to spend the rest of my life with. Sheridan, I love you more than I’ve ever loved anyone. We’ve shared so much in such a short amount of time. Our lives are just going to be getting better and better because our love is just going to keep growing stronger and stronger. Sheridan, will you? Will you, Sheridan, will you make me the happiest man in the world? Will you be my wife? Sheridan, will you marry me?”

“I love you and I will always love you for the rest of my life. I hope that’s what you wanted. I thought that’s what you wanted. Do you? Do you want to be my wife?” Luis moves on the couch a little so he can see Sheridan’s face. She has fallen asleep in his arms! Now, Luis is the one who is frustrated!

Luis smiles and tells the sleeping Sheridan that he has just laid his heart out on the table and she didn’t hear a word of it. He gently stands up and makes Sheridan comfortable on the couch. He puts a blanket over her, tucks her in, sits beside her, leans over and says, “Poor baby! Tonight must have been really exhausting for you.” He rubs her back as he says, “Get a good night’s sleep. Sweet dreams, Mi Amor.” He leans over and kisses her on the cheek, blows out the candles, and walks toward the bedroom door.

(More evidence of blatant rewrites. Luis would never love anyone as much as he loves Sheridan, not after centuries of loving her.)

To be continued……….