Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recipes!

Hybrid View

Post Recipes!

This is really just a category sort test. Nothing to see here...
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

Post Re: Recipes!

Here is a link to the grilling recipes on the Reynolds Aluminum Foil site. It's got some good ones for meat, veggies and meat/veggie combos. I have it bookmarked for the summer.
    http://www.alcoa.com/reynoldskitchen...t=On+The+Grill

Post Roasted Green Beans with Lemon, Pinenuts and Parmagiano

Position oven racks in top and bottom thirds of the oven. Preheat to 450.
    • 1.25 lbs fresh greenbeans, trimmed and rinsed
    • Small head of garlic
    • 1/4 cup plus 2 T olive oil (we found this waaaay too much. YMMV - I think you can halve it)
    • 1.5 T finely grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    • 1 t kosher salt
    • 1/2 t freshly cracked black pepper (or what ever black pepper you have)
    • 1/3 cup (1.5 oz) pine nuts (good, but not necessary)
    • 1/4 c coarsely grated Parmagian-Reggiano (see above, I kind of prefer it without the cheese)
    • 1 T coarsely chopped fersh flat leaf parsley (I skipped this)
    Put beans in a large mixing bowl. Peel garlic, quarter each clove lengthwise (if small, halve), and add to greenbeans. Toss the beans and garlic with 1/4 c olive oil, 1T of lemon zest, salt and pepper.

Spread the beans on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the top third of the oven for 10 mins. Stir beans and garlic with spatula for more even cooking and coloring. Continue roasting until the beans and garlic pieces are lightly browned and tender throughout (10-15 mins longer)

Meanwhile, spread the pine nuts out on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the bottom third of the oven, until just golden, about 5 minutes. (I just browned them in a pan)
    Transfer the beans to a small serving platter or shallow bowl and dress with the lemon juice and remaining 2 T olive oil. Toss gently to coat and season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Sprinkle on the toasted pine nuts, the remaining 1/2T lemon zest, the parmagiano, and the parsley. Serve hot or at room temperature.

Note: I only added the lemon juice at the end with the pinenuts. For my taste it didn't require any more seasoning and certainly no more oil. I think I like it better at room temperature which is a plus if you want to take it on picnics or to potluck style parties.

Serves 4 to 6 (or if I'm in a mood, 1 )
    Only an expert can deal with the problem

This is fairly easy and really good. If you like mushrooms, add sliced, fresh mushrooms to the rice while boiling.

Sausage and Rice
    1 pound Bob Evans Sage Sausage
    3/4 cup chopped onion
    1 package Uncle Bens Long Grain and Wild Rice, the long cooking variety

Saute the sausage and onion until the sausage is done. Drain and set aside. Prepare the rice according to the package directions. About five minutes before the rice is done, add the sausage and onion mix (and your mushrooms if desired), stir and let continue cooking until rice is done. Let this sit about five minutes before serving, to let the rice set. A great side dish to bring to a pig roast, barbecue or potluck.

Someone please promise to make these and report in. I am on sabbatical from sweets and starch in order to be buff for our October vow renewal ceremony.

Rice Krispy S'mores Treats

1. 6 cups Rice Krispies
    2. 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
    3. 10 graham crackers
    4. 1 (16 ounce) package JET-PUFFED mini -marshmallows
    5. 5 tablespoons butter

1. Place marshmallows, minus 1 cup, and butter in microwave safe bowl and microwave on High for 3 minutes.
    2. Mix Rice Krispies and graham crackers into the marshmallows until well coated.
    3. Add the whole marshmallows and chocolate chips into bowl and mix.
    4. Press mixture into a casserole dish and place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
    5. Cut into bars and eat!

Baked Beans

4 slices bacon, diced
    3/4 cup chopped onion
    1 can (28 oz.) baked beans with pork
    1/4 cup ketchup or barbecue sauce
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon mustard

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large frying pan cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp. Drain off fat.

Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into a casserole dish.

Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

Apple Caramel Tart

1. 35 KRAFT Caramels, unwrapped
    2. 3 tablespoons milk
    3. 1 HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust
    4. 1/4 cup PLANTERS Pecans, chopped
    5. 1 cup milk
    6. 1 (3.4 ounce) package JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
    7. 1 1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
    8. 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling

2. Cooking Directions

1. Place caramels and 3 Tbsp. milk in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 min. or until caramels are melted; stir until smooth. Reserve 1/3 cup caramel mixture in small microwaveable bowl; cover and refrigerate.
    2. Pour remaining caramel mixture into pie crust; top with pecans. Pour 1 cup milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 min. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Freeze 4 hours or overnight.
    3. Spoon pie filling over pudding mixture. Microwave reserved 1/3 cup caramel mixture on HIGH 30 sec. or until caramel is smooth. Drizzle over pie filling. Let stand at room temperature 15 min. before serving. Serve immediately. Store leftover dessert in freezer.

Yield: 10 servings

Boursin Cheese Spread

16 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1/2 butter or margarine
    2 TB Parmesan
    1/2 tsp. basil
    1/4 tsp. rosemary
    1/4 tsp. thyme
    1/4 tsp. tarragon
    1/4 tsp. sage
    1 clove garlic, mashed

Mix all ingredients together.

Shape in plastic wrap into flattened round ball.

Sprinkle with coarse cracked pepper on all sides.

Chill & serve with crackers.