Thread: Silly Season already?

Hybrid View

Post Silly Season already?

Sheesh! First the rumblings about Edwards possibly moving, and Mears possibly being out, now has anyone else read that Stewart is being courted by other teams? It's barely two months into the season for crying out loud! Can't we just focus on racing for awhile? That's one of the things I hate about the chase, I think it's taken away from the focus being on racing and on each individual race and now all we hear about from before Daytona is the chase, now we have silly season starting before the track at Daytona has cooled down!

Oh well. I guess this is Nascar today. What do you guys think?

Looking forwad to Talladega! It's one of my fave all time tracks!

Re: Silly Season already?

Hey Tigger,
    I couldn't agree with you more. What I don't understand is why even talk about Stewart. His contract isn't up till 2009.
    I guess shortness was glad to see that Edwards inked a deal with Rousch. The rumors were wrong! I am glad to see him staying because I think Hendricks could become like the Yankees too powerful! (and don't get me wrong I like the Yankees) I think the good drivers need to be spread around or it makes it no fun to watch!

Re: Silly Season already?

Yeah, I think the last time we saw real diversity in the teams was around 2001 or maybe 2002. Since then it seems that every season there has been a few very dominant teams. It's all fun when your team is dominant, but not so much fun when it's the other guy!
    I agree, I think it's really disrespectful of both the driver and the other owners to be in negotiations when a driver's contract isn't up for another year yet. I thought Busch and McMurray set a bad precedent a few years ago and it has proven to be so.