Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ladies!

Re: Ladies!

Hey Penny
    no snow here but weather is pants! I'd like to hear about your Dominican Republic trip - sounds exotic! I could use your help working out the garden in France! Its just field at the moment but I have big ideas!! I am a big fan of perenials - I like Verbascum (pastels), Verbena Bonariensis and Auriculas but mostly I kike herbs, fruit and veg. Thats really why we're moving - so we can afford more land. It's too overcrowded and therefore expensive here.
    Keep chatting!
    lIZ X

Post Re: Ladies!

Hi; Oh, you are going to have so much fun with your land in France, I can just picture it finished. Is your land a totally flat parcel with sun? The only pictures I have in my mind about farmhouses in France are from TV that you see and they look stunning. Do you already speak french or will you be learning? Once you move over will you have internet access or are you too isolated? My, I seem to be full of questions today!! I have never been to Europe but I would love to one day, maybe after we retire. Hubby isn't too large on the idea but maybe by then I could convince him to try it out.

Hubby tests for his motorcycle licence on Wednesday and is nervous because the pass ratio is only 70%. Hopefully all will go well and he will get it. Keep your fingers crossed for him Wednesday am!!

Son and daughter-in-law popped in yesterday and she told me she had an ultra sound and baby is head down ready to go. She is not due officially until June 6 but baby is already measuring almost 7 pounds and 3-4 weeks ahead of schedule. They don't know if her dates are off or they are just going to have a bruiser sized baby! Her first (she was married before) was delivered naturally with NO drugs. Ouch...

Anyway, sunny here today, snow is all gone but still cold. A long way away from planting.

By the way, how is your Father-in-law doing?

Better fly, take care
    Penny

Hi Penny
    crikey! sounds like a big baby! Good for baby - ouch for the mum! Good luck to DH with the test! The place we've bought in France is 200 hundred years old (depending on which local you speak to) - it hasn't been lived in for years. Still partly dirt floor! Doors are crumbling etc - not very pretty yet! Its on gently sloping, south facing parcel of land with trees and brilliant views. Its a project! DH speaks French - mine is limited (but still learning) Will have internet connection in Summer (hopefully). Maybe PM you some pics!
    Liz x

Hi Liz,
    Hope your move is successful. Don't forget to send us your new address so maybe we could drop a note or card to you.

Take care, CJ
    Have a great day!
    CJ

Thanks CJ.
    I will most certainly be sending the 'CA inner circle' our French address to invite you over! It will take us a while but when it's renovated we want lots of company!
    Liz x

Well, hubby passed his motorcycle test with flying colours. He is pretty excited about it as the pass/fail ratio was pretty high. We are expecting to go and pick up the new harley today so guess what he will be doing all weekend?? lol...

My weekend plans are having a seafood feast tonight at my daughter's house and then a garage sale tomorrow also at their house. Sunday is my grandsons third birthday and his party is in the afternoon. Busy weekend. What are everyone else's weekend plans??

Have a great weekend.
    Take care, Penny

Hey Penny
    Great news! Congratulations to Himself!! Enjoy your new bike - what fun. I suspect the birthday boy will be photographed on the saddle of the Harley! We have a beeping course on Saturday and it is DH's birthday today (Sunday!)
    Speak soon
    Liz x