Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ladies!

Post Ladies!

Where are you all?!
    I've been away for a while (in France) but where have you been? Whats happening? I'm back here (UK) for a while so I need bringing up to speed! Look forward to hearing all the chat!
    Liz x

Post Re: Ladies!

Hi! Good to hear from you... It has been incredibly quiet around here, nary a peep. I had wondered if you were in France exploring your new digs. How is your farm house coming?

I had a wonderful trip to the Dominican Republic in March for a week and it was such a great time. We had a blast, great weather and beautiful, clean surroundings. Never been before but would go again in a heartbeat.

Other than that, my life has been pretty hum drum. Just babysitting my beautiful two grandkids and anxiously awaiting the birth of our third in early June. It will be our son's first child and will be a little boy they are calling Rhys. Hubby ordered a brand spankin new Harley Davidson motorcycle that he will have in about a week or so and he is pretty excited about it, it is good that one of us is! We have never had a motorcycle before and I have a hard time picturing me on the back of one. Time will tell I guess.

Weather is so so here in British Columbia. A few sunny days then rain as usual for April. I am awaiting those sunny days of summer as we don't seem to be getting much of a Spring.

Well, take care and hope others respond too!
    Penny

Post Hey bikergrrrrl!

A Harley - what fun!
    When I first left college I worked in a print studio where we printed jackets for Hell's Angel's Chapters. I have a mental picture of you to all dressed up in skull & cross bone leather jackets sitting on your hog! German helmets?!
    We have been in France - there is a lot to do on the house before we can move there permanently so we've been organising that. The property market here in the UK is not so good so we may keep our house here for a while longer than planned - anyways I have work till mid June and DD graduates at the end of June so I'm back here till then (maybe an odd weekend or two in France). The weather here is sunny but the wind is still cold. My broad beans (sown outside) are about 4" tall and the onions and spinach are off to a good start.
    Great to hear from you - be careful on that bike!
    Liz x
    PS have you seen/read The Long Way Down/Round by Ewan MacGregor & Charlie Boorman? Epic motorcycle journeys that you'd maybe enjoy.

Post Re: Ladies!

Hi Ladies, I haven't been in here for awhile. Been busy watching reality shows, and of course the lifetime channel.

Was sick for a week or two with the flu/virus.
    Had headaches for about 6-8 weeks. Had ct scan, it show nothing serious, it had me scared. Headaches have gotten better. Not as often as before. Started some excerise thearpy and they seem to help.

I am so ready for spring too. We are having cool nights but it warms up during the day. We worked in the yard today. We had some trees cut down last week so now we have lots of little limbs to clean up. Looks like a tornado hit.

Hope you'll are fine. I should get in here more often.
    Take care. CJ
    Have a great day!
    CJ

Re: Ladies!

Hey CJ!
    glad you are better now - just in time for spring cleaning! Do you have a wood burner for all those logs?
    Take care
    Liz x

CJ - how are your verbenas?

No wood burner, we do have gas log fireplace.
    My verbena hasn't come back, they look dead. We went to Home Depot today and I bought 4 tomato plants, 2 bell pepper, 1 hot pepper. Also got 3 snapdragons and 2 petunia.
    Next week I'll get a few more things. I do want some impatients. Didn't have those last year and I missed them. They do so good.

So what ya'll got growing in your gardens???

CJ
    Have a great day!
    CJ

Unhappy Re: Ladies!

Hi ladies; Guess what? We have had snow two out of the last three days~~ can you believe it? We were lucky and didn't get a whole lot sticking (today somewhat, but not much) but places up Island got dumped on. So much for spring planting. We live in a townhouse and I don't do much outdoor planting anyways. We have two permanent beds that have mostly perinnals in them and I do a huge hanging basket for the front with some pots of usually geraniums and stuff and then do two large ceramic pots in the back with a couple of baskets. We moved here 3 years ago but my old house used to look like a flower shop. It was a large lot with lots and lots of beds and toonnns of colour!! Our daughter and hubby bought the house from us and they have taken out everything I had planted but the perinnals and have put in shrubby stuff... even my japanese garden and water feature..., I nearly cried. Oh well, too much work for them with a couple of small kids. Anyhoo, it will be awhile before I think of planting my stuff at this rate.

It is nice seeing some action on this board again, we must keep it up. Oh Liz, we do have the DVD's of that book you mentioned but we haven't watched them yet. A friend who also has a Harley loaned them to us and said they were fantastic. They apparently have another one now.

Better run, take care,
    Penny