Thread: Old Users from the Old Boards - Please Read!

Hybrid View

Post Old Users from the Old Boards - Please Read!

Hi everyone!

We just discovered the the older members who have been transferred over from the old boards have, by default, been set to a basic setting for viewing the entry forms. Aka, you can't see all the smilies, whistles and bells.

We've tried to change a few of you ourselves but it's quite a process so I wanted to show you how to do it yourselves. Here I've copy/pasted the faq I wrote up about this setting.

"If, when in Advanced Mode, you dont see all the fun options like emoticons, font enhancements and code buttons (i.e. YouTube or Spoiler), it's a quick and simple fix.

At the top of every page there is a drop down menu called Quick Links. Go there and select Edit Options. This will bring you to a new page with a Control Panel on the left and a bunch of boxes on the right. Scroll all the way down to bottom of this page. You should see a box called Miscellaneous Options with Message Editor Interface inside. There are three options inside the drop down menu found there:
    • Basic Editor - A simple text box
    • Standard Editor - Extra Formatting Controls
    • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
    Choose the Enhanced Interface option and click Save Changes. Voila!

*note* You will never see all the advanced options inside the Quick Reply box. It uses only the minimal amount of options for faster posting."

I hope this was helpful! Let me know if you still can't see all the fun smilies and font color, etc stuff!
    I'd rather be rich than stupid.
    RYPEPPER.COM
    Daughter of Annie and Mike

Re: Old Users from the Old Boards - Please Read!

Why can't I sign in on the old board as I used to do?

Re: Old Users from the Old Boards - Please Read!

thanks for your post .. you are an old user as i guess ))