Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 57 to 64 of 70

Thread: Days of Our Sami?

  1. #57

    Post Re: Days of Our Sami?

    Quote Originally Posted by robinsnest View Post
    That is true, however if anyone knew of this Feud..... the one I know of is the one between the cop Roman and the criminal Stephano...

    But if they are going to make it a feud... I just wish it was something that made more sense than Sami being a dead ringer for a past relative that some surviving members still remember and no one mentioned it before now....

    Alison is doing a great job with questionable material however...
    I think this idea of a feud came about because so much of what's happened has had effects on so many Bradys (i.e. what happened to John/Marlena/Roman also affected Sami/Eric/Carrie) . But the word "feud" is actually kind of weird because it implies a two-sided vendetta when it's really just been Stephano hurting the Bradys and them wanting to send him to jail for it.

    I think the whole Sami/Colleen and EJ/Santo thing came about as a way to do a Sami/EJ romance without actually doing it. And you're right, it's a story that requires ALOT of suspention of belief. It would have made so much more sense if they'd made Colleen and Santo be several generations back instead of one. Stephano could have gotten his orders passed down from grandfather to father to son. And Stephano and Shawn Sr. could have been as surprised about the resemblence as everyone else.
    Courage is resistance to fear, master of fear - not absence of fear.
    ~Mark Twain

  2. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    178

    Post Re: Days of Our Sami?

    Back when they were going thru the whole Sami/Austin, Carrie/Lucas deal I wanted Sami to walk away from Austin and get with EJ. They could have been the baddest couple to hit Salem. They definitely had chemistry. I think there could have been a great dramatic story if Sami would have willingly slept with EJ. Some say she never would have but I disagree. EJ was smooth enough to say just the right things to Sami when she was feeling at her lowest. His bit where he said that he liked her just the way she was and that she shouldn't feel like she had to change in order to be loved was great. They had sexual chemistry but that is long gone now. Sami can't stand EJ. She is miserable at the thought that he could be the father of her babies. That does not spell chemistry.

  3. #59

    Re: Days of Our Sami?

    If Sami had willingly had sex with EJ that night, it would have destroyed the Lumi romance. They could never have recovered from that. And I don't just mean with each other, with fans too. Plus it would have destroyed Sami's redemption that Sheffer seems to be working so hard at.

    There are a thousand and one reasons why EJ and Sami shouldn'tbe together, I totally agree there, but to me lack of chemistry isn't one of them. Just because you hate someone doesn't mean you can't have chemistry with them. But I think seeing chemistry between characters is kind of a personal thing. Some people see it and some people don't.
    Courage is resistance to fear, master of fear - not absence of fear.
    ~Mark Twain

  4. #60

    Re: Days of Our Sami?

    Quote Originally Posted by La Mariposa View Post
    Uhhhh none of them?
    okay that i don't agree with. john being john, no no he's roman, oh wait no sorry he's just john again!!?!?! you don't think that probably caused some trama in that young child??? and that was all due to stefano.

  5. #61

    Post Re: Days of Our Sami?

    Quote Originally Posted by HaleyD View Post
    okay that i don't agree with. john being john, no no he's roman, oh wait no sorry he's just john again!!?!?! you don't think that probably caused some trama in that young child??? and that was all due to stefano.
    I'm sure Sami didn't care that much when John was John the first time seeing as she was like 2 or something. When she found out John wasn't really Roman anymore, sure that affected EVERYONE in the family...it was never centered around Sami. Why Sami? Why isn't Carrie or Eric involved? Besides, Sami always just blamed JOHN and MARLENA for her troubles. She accused THEM of breaking up her family...NOT Stefano. Stefano DIRECTLY targeted Roman and John and Marlena...Stefano's affect on Sami's life was rather residual. She was never involved in that conflict and so it's stupid to make this all about her now. Sami's problems were caused by her and her alone.

  6. #62

    Re: Days of Our Sami?

    I remember Sami blaming Stefano the last time he was in town. This isn't the first time she's been upset by the Dimeras targeting her family, it's just the first time she (or any of the Brady's) have focused on the "Feud" with such single-minded determination. I think the reason we're seeing Sami and not Carrie or Eric involved is because Sami's the only one in town. I'm sure if Carrie or Eric were in town, they'd be involved in the Brady family meetings too.

    I agree with you it's silly to make Sami be the absolute center of things right now, but she has been involved in this conflict from the time Stefano set John up as her father (and everything that resulted from that). Sami definitely needs to take responsibility for her own life and her own choices (which I think she's been doing alot more now that JER is gone) but to say that these major tramas in her childhood had no effect on her just doesn't make sense to me. (But then I was a psych major for 3 years in college so maybe I've been trained to look at everyone's childhood to see why they act the way they do. )
    Courage is resistance to fear, master of fear - not absence of fear.
    ~Mark Twain

  7. #63

    Post Re: Days of Our Sami?

    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfATWT View Post
    I remember Sami blaming Stefano the last time he was in town. This isn't the first time she's been upset by the Dimeras targeting her family, it's just the first time she (or any of the Brady's) have focused on the "Feud" with such single-minded determination. I think the reason we're seeing Sami and not Carrie or Eric involved is because Sami's the only one in town. I'm sure if Carrie or Eric were in town, they'd be involved in the Brady family meetings too.

    I agree with you it's silly to make Sami be the absolute center of things right now, but she has been involved in this conflict from the time Stefano set John up as her father (and everything that resulted from that). Sami definitely needs to take responsibility for her own life and her own choices (which I think she's been doing alot more now that JER is gone) but to say that these major tramas in her childhood had no effect on her just doesn't make sense to me. (But then I was a psych major for 3 years in college so maybe I've been trained to look at everyone's childhood to see why they act the way they do. )
    It's not that they didn't have an effect on her it's just that SHE is the one who chooses her own actions.

    The Sami/Stefano connection is as weak as the Payla/Stefano connection. No wonder the ratings are so low. NOBODY CARES!

  8. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    178

    Post Re: Days of Our Sami?

    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfATWT View Post
    If Sami had willingly had sex with EJ that night, it would have destroyed the Lumi romance. They could never have recovered from that. And I don't just mean with each other, with fans too. Plus it would have destroyed Sami's redemption that Sheffer seems to be working so hard at.

    There are a thousand and one reasons why EJ and Sami shouldn'tbe together, I totally agree there, but to me lack of chemistry isn't one of them. Just because you hate someone doesn't mean you can't have chemistry with them. But I think seeing chemistry between characters is kind of a personal thing. Some people see it and some people don't.

    I don't mean Sami willingly having sex with EJ the night Lucas got trapped at the cabin. I mean before then either after she had walked away from Austin or before they got engaged. Back when Lucas and Will were sabotaging EJ and Sami's dates. I mean what the hell was the point of Lucas asking Sami at the cabin just after having sex while sitting in front of the fireplace if she and EJ had ever done it. I guess to just establish to Lucas that EJ did rape her that night. That really irritated me that it was written for Lucas to ask that at that point in time. He could have asked before they went to the cabin. The thing is up until the night at the cabin Lucas didn't seem sure that he was committing to Sami and who would he had been to cry if Sami had been with EJ before then. That would have been none of his business. When Lucas moved into Sami's apartment after the Carrie fiasco if he had stated right then that he blew it being with Carrie and that he was there to be with Sami because she was truly the woman in his heart Sami never would have dated EJ.

    Regarding chemistry I was talking about the fact that any sexual chemistry that EJ and Sami had is gone. They do have chemistry in as far as they play well off of one another when in a situation. But Ali tends to play well no matter who she is in a scene with.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •