Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Days of Our Sami?

Re: Days of Our Sami?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    However, if Sheffer were to tackle John's history he'd have to give D&D airtime and I don't see them doing it.
    I don't know, I saw the question brought up on another board 'why, last week, did Stephano go talk to John about Sammi having the power to stop this feud instead of Roman (her father and a Brady)?'.. I still don't know how to answer that, it does seem to be a weird move on Stephano's part.. unless, John does play a larger role in this than we are seeing now... keepin my fingers crossed.

Post Re: Days of Our Sami?

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_Fan View Post
    ALSO, on a BIGGER note, for me at least, is that the Lumi wedding that was a "crash for ratings" wasn't even a wedding!!! They let us down big time and how on earth are the ratings to be big when it wasn't even done or written with any real payoff for Lumi fans. No honeymoon??? come on - gimme a break

ICAM. We got zippity. We have watched Lumi for a decade. The day comes for them to finally say "I Do" and we get some crack pot idea of a green wedding. They spent more time on that and advertising the green crap then they did on the wedding, reception, and honeymoon put together. Then they go to New Orleans and do construction work. Yes a pregs Sami does construction. Then gets harrassed by EJ. No wedding night. No romance. No strawberries. I mean come on. They spent a week on Brady and Chloe and they were nothing compared to Lumi. Lumi's wedding was advertised as if they were really putting something into it. Instead it was a huge letdown.

I love Lumi, but I dearly love James Scott/EJ he is so handsome and has such a baby face and I love his blinking. I love that he is a Dimera,makes interesting drama in Sami's life.

This could have been a great sl. I could have jumped the Lumi ship and rooted for Ejami. But then EJ raped Sami. The Ejami sl is ruined. I loved seeing Lucas punch EJ in the gut the other day and the casual way that the cop told Sami about it was great.

As much as I hate it when shows focus so exclusively on one character, I don't really mind that Sami is the instigator of the resolution to the B-D Feud. It makes sense in a way. The "older" members of the family have been fighting each other for so many years they have forgotten what they're even fighting for - it's just what they do. Of course the younger generation questions a seemingly pointless feud. Not to mention, the kids are the ones who have been most negatively affected by The Feud. (Where are Shawn and Belle??) Just like kids of divorce who are dragged through their parents' problems/hurts/messes without having any choice in the matter, this feud has had a huge impact on their lives since they were born and they've never known why or been given a choice or a say in what's happening.

I don't like TPTB making EJ rape Sami and then having them turn out to be star-crossed lovers, but as it's been said, it wouldn't be the first time a soap has done it. In fact there have been several soap storylines where I was convinced that I would always hate someone and never tolerate them as a "good person" because of the horrible things they'd done, but a well-written redemption story has been able to change my mind. Sometimes those characters have even gone on to become my favorites.

I love Lumi and have for years, but I'm slowly feeling the pull of an EJ/Sami pairing. If they took it VERY slow, someday I might be on board. But it would take me a very long time to get over the rape (and Sami too, I hope). I think what draws me in is the genuine feelings that EJ seems to have for her. I think he tolerates Lucas' violent outbursts all the time because he knows if he did anything about it, Sami would get mad. Let's face it, it's not because he's scared of Lucas. And standing up to his family to protect Sami and his (maybe) child... makes me think maybe he is changing.

Or maybe I've just been putting up with such crappy storylines on this show for so long that I'm willing to accept any half-way decent story. Whatever the reason, all I know is that for the past few weeks I've actually been excited to get home and watch Days again. I'm actually wondering what's going to happen next and looking forward to it, rather than knowing I'll be watching the same thing I was yesterday and the day before and the day before that, etc. So for that, I'll give TPTB a little leeway.
    Courage is resistance to fear, master of fear - not absence of fear.
    ~Mark Twain

EJ doesn't love Sami. She is his obsession. He is completely deluded. He was sexually turned on by her hating him and his family. He believes that it's his baby because of a voodoo ritual. He is deluded because he believes he "loves" Sami when is only obsessed with her. A Sami and EJ pairing is a disgusting thought especially after years of waiting for Lumi to get married. Oh and anyone who thinks that falling in love with your rapist is romantic needs to ask themselves how they would feel if it was their daughter who was raped. It's a sick idea.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfATWT View Post
    As much as I hate it when shows focus so exclusively on one character, I don't really mind that Sami is the instigator of the resolution to the B-D Feud. It makes sense in a way. The "older" members of the family have been fighting each other for so many years they have forgotten what they're even fighting for - it's just what they do. Of course the younger generation questions a seemingly pointless feud.
    That is true, however if anyone knew of this Feud..... the one I know of is the one between the cop Roman and the criminal Stephano...

But if they are going to make it a feud... I just wish it was something that made more sense than Sami being a dead ringer for a past relative that some surviving members still remember and no one mentioned it before now....

Alison is doing a great job with questionable material however...

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBeth View Post
    Oh and anyone who thinks that falling in love with your rapist is romantic needs to ask themselves how they would feel if it was their daughter who was raped. It's a sick idea.
    It absolutely goes without saying that in real life, alot of people would feel very differently about the situation. The fact is different people view "entertainment" differently. Some people react to it as if it were real life, and their feelings come from what they'd feel in real life. Other people look at it from a purely entertainment point of view. They want whatever makes the best story regardless of whether or not that's how they'd feel in real life. Neither way of looking at things is wrong, just very different. And I think it can cause conflict when talking about shows - especially soaps. There are tons of characters on TV and in movies that I LOVE, but would hate in real life and avoid them at all costs.

Please don't think that enjoying the chemistry between EJ and Sami means that anyone is advocating or romanticizing rape.
    Courage is resistance to fear, master of fear - not absence of fear.
    ~Mark Twain