Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Days of Our Sami?

crazydazy Guest

Post Re: Days of Our Sami?

I guess if you know for a shadow of a doubt that you will hate the storyline and aren't open to see what they do with it, you should tell them.....
    Why do I have to know with a shadow of a doubt? Can't I dislike the premise? Can't I predict by what the writer says in interviews... especially when he says that J&M will be Sami's helpers... that he had no idea what I want to see?

lots of us out here are open to a summer storyline that the actors themselves say they are excited about. If I like Deidre or Drake and they are excited about this - then they would know better than me since they have the script and I'm along for the ride.
    Actors always say they are excited. They want to keep their jobs. Even so, I haven't seen them say very much about this story line that's positive.

You are 100% sure you will hate it regardless so you probably will hate it - regardless and yeah, the writers or whoever are reading the boards need to know what the public wants - not that they listen
    I never said I know anything for sure, but I'm glad you see my point and understand that I have a right to say I don't like it even before it gets going.

I can see that - I remember during Stan that lots were turning off their tv's threatening never to turn it back on again if she just gets away with it, she did get away with it, so I took them at their word and believe they never turned their tv on again. Maybe those were just threats for the writers to get worried?
    I don't know. I don't pay attention much to what goes on with the Sami fans.

Right, I think it's been mostly about John and Marlena myself and would make more sense for them to be doing all this instead of EJ and Sami. I am excited for stefano to be back but am NOT looking forward to the dual role thing and I'm an Ali fan but getting sick of seeing Sami, myself. Balance is needed here and the vets need equal screentime. I don't like to back burner anyone - that just pisses off a whole group of fans and it's been wrongly done to J&M fans WAY too long.
    I agree with you there.

I thought for a long time I didn't like J&M that much until they were off the screen and the show felt a little empty. I love B&H, was enjoying the Sami storyline but you are right - she shouldn't be the run of the show. Once J&M came back, I was suprisingly happy to see them and feel upset that they aren't being shown on promos to even have a promising storyline when they should be in the head of this with stefano - my opinion
    Yet, Corday has told us that they are integral in his latest plan to SAVE DAYS....

Re: Days of Our Sami?

I'm 24 and I've grown up watching Sami on the show... her storylines are far more interesting to me than John & Marlena storylines... I love Sami! I'm excited she's getting so much screen time in such a juicy story. Plus, she deserves it. She's been on the show for well over a decade now.

thank you Clay Zebra, ITA! I really can't stomach to much more EJ and Sami schemes as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by VonReid View Post
    I'm excited she's getting so much screen time in such a juicy story.
    But that's the thing. Judging by the very low ratings, you are in the minority NOT the majority on this.

Besides, I don't know about you, but if I were a big Sami fan I would LOATHE this storyline. Sami falling in love with her rapist is DISGUSTING and totally ruining whatever ounce of dignity that was left in her character.

I am a huge Marlena fan and if they were to have put Marlena in Sami's role in this storyline, I would have been beyond disgusted and outraged at the character assassination being done. How can Sami fans even pretend to justify this crap? So what if it is a front burner story. IT SUCKS!

Oh how I miss the days of a good John, Marlena, and Stefano story.

Sami has had quite a few front burner storylines in recent years and she never does a thing for the ratings. And TPTB never put blame on her poor ratings performances.

The Lumi wedding stunk in the ratings and instead of putting Sami on the sidelines for a while, they shove her into another front burner story with EJ and make her the center of the whole show.

I have mixed feelings about this sl. I love the fact that it is encompassing the whole Brady family. I don't see it all revolving around Sami even tho Stephano wants her with EJ which is dumb because nobody knows who the daddy is yet. We have generations of Brady's working on this and Sami is just Stephano's excuse and pawn in the game right now. I don't at all believe Stephano will end the feud if Sami were to leave Lucas for EJ. If it were to happen EJ would get all excited only to find out that his daddy and his brother intend to torture Sami for the rest of her life.

EJ is ruined beyond the point of redemption so I hate that Sami keeps getting sucked in to being around him. However I don't see Sami falling in love with EJ at all. In fact I really don't think we are watching the same program if anyone else thinks that Sami is falling in love with EJ. In fact I haven't read any spoilers indicating that she might. In fact in my observations it's the one's who don't like Sami that are perpetuating and discussing what seems to be a rumor without any spoiler to back it (unless I missed a spoiler). So for me I don't see why anyone is hung up on the idea other than the fact that it is repulsive.

Sami wants to end the feud yet she is making some pretty stupid choices. She really doesn't understand that the only way it will end is if Stephano and Tony die. But that's happened before and yet they keep coming back. I don't want to see Sami sneak off with EJ again in order to help her family. She needs to accept that it is beyond her capacity to end this. Yet with this her heart is in the right place. She wants to protect her family; she's just going about it the wrong way. Let's have a little Lumi love on the show. It is possible for them to write that in through the duration of this sl as they have with the Bope banter.

Shawn Sr. and Caroline should be bitch slapped by the whole family until they spill the beans on what caused the (totally made up) feud. They have let generations of their family suffer as the result of it. If we have to see Shawn Sr. go through character assasination then they need to do it right and make him and Caroline pay dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBeth View Post
    EJ is ruined beyond the point of redemption so I hate that Sami keeps getting sucked in to being around him. However I don't see Sami falling in love with EJ at all. In fact I really don't think we are watching the same program if anyone else thinks that Sami is falling in love with EJ. In fact I haven't read any spoilers indicating that she might. In fact in my observations it's the one's who don't like Sami that are perpetuating and discussing what seems to be a rumor without any spoiler to back it (unless I missed a spoiler). So for me I don't see why anyone is hung up on the idea other than the fact that it is repulsive.

I don't want to see Sami sneak off with EJ again in order to help her family. She needs to accept that it is beyond her capacity to end this. Yet with this her heart is in the right place. She wants to protect her family; she's just going about it the wrong way. Let's have a little Lumi love on the show. It is possible for them to write that in through the duration of this sl as they have with the Bope banter.
    I totally agree with you!!! I have out right asked where the spoiler was that Sami was falling in love with EJ and none were produced so for people to be repulsed over something unfounded is silly to me, honestly, because I don't hear it stated "if" she falls in love but "the fact that she's falling in love" which led me to wonder where I missed that spoiler cuz I don't see that happening or get that it's where it's going.

ALSO, on a BIGGER note, for me at least, is that the Lumi wedding that was a "crash for ratings" wasn't even a wedding!!! It was hyped to be a wedding but there wasn't any romance or honeymoon involved like all other couples have been given. Look at the weddings the fans have gotten for J/M, B/H, S/K, etc. We Lumi fans got jipped on what a special day that was for them after all they've been through and the years the fans have waited for it. They let us down big time and how on earth are the ratings to be big when it wasn't even done or written with any real payoff for Lumi fans. No honeymoon??? come on - gimme a break