Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Days of Our Sami?

Post Re: Days of Our Sami?

[Sami and her baby shouldn't be the center of any storyline that revolves around Stefano. The fact that Hogan refuse to see/accept that Sami has not brought in viewers for years. Actually since she's been the center viewers have tuned out.]

I am a Sami fan and even *I'm* getting tired of her....I knew what you meant but again, I don't see this as being about her as much as it does an assumed DiMera baby that Stephano needs to survive. Maybe I misunderstood and you were saying you wish Stephano was re-written in and don't like the storyline as a whole. Then I'm back to waiting to see how it turns out. If I'm waiting for something to flop and looking at it through tainted glasses, I definitely won't enjoy it. I choose to hold judgement until it's done then I'll bash away like crazy if I don't like it

[I don't know, maybe if Sami wasn't hanging around with her rapist and wasn't as dull as dirt viewers wouldn't be turning off their televisions in drove.]

See, I seriously thought people that have turned off the show because of Sami have done it over a year or two ago and they weren't around to try to please anymore. No sarcasm but she's been blamed for the show declining for years and the same people that say this will turn them off for good said the same thing with Stan, the return of Carrie and Austin, etc....so I honestly assumed they were already gone (the viewers)

Anyways, I am glad J&M are back and LOVED hearing Stefano in a commercial during today's show say "It's good to be back" - GOD how I've missed that voice and face!!! I was concerned that J&M weren't shown on the commercial but then they aren't Brady's and this is a storyline about the Brady's and DiMera's - just thought John would have a big role considering his history with them along with Stephano's obsession with Marlena - I thought she would be huge in it. Anxious to see how it really turns out after it's all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_Fan View Post
    I am a Sami fan and even *I'm* getting tired of her....I knew what you meant but again, I don't see this as being about her as much as it does an assumed DiMera baby that Stephano needs to survive.
    Sami is carrying the baby and the promos are about Sami and they show Sami and not the unborne baby. It's about Sami.

Maybe I misunderstood and you were saying you wish Stephano was re-written in and don't like the storyline as a whole. Then I'm back to waiting to see how it turns out. If I'm waiting for something to flop and looking at it through tainted glasses, I definitely won't enjoy it. I choose to hold judgement until it's done then I'll bash away like crazy if I don't like it
    I'll make my judgment based o n the current writers big sls thus far. They have all been a mega flop. I doubt he was holding back all his great ideas back until the show hit history breaking lows...for the fun of it.

See, I seriously thought people that have turned off the show because of Sami have done it over a year or two ago and they weren't around to try to please anymore. No sarcasm but she's been blamed for the show declining for years and the same people that say this will turn them off for good said the same thing with Stan, the return of Carrie and Austin, etc....so I honestly assumed they were already gone (the viewers)
    The Stan story turned me off of Sami not the show. I missed the posts and boards that blamed Sami for the show declining for years..Curious which boards were these posts posted on? This is the first time Ive seen posters(toDays, Soap City) blame Samni for the low ratings. She certainly deserves to take part of the blame for the history breaking low ratings. As I'm sure she would get the credit if the ratings were even mediocre.

Anyways, I am glad J&M are back and LOVED hearing Stefano in a commercial during today's show say "It's good to be back" - GOD how I've missed that voice and face!!! I was concerned that J&M weren't shown on the commercial but then they aren't Brady's and this is a storyline about the Brady's and DiMera's - just thought John would have a big role considering his history with them along with Stephano's obsession with Marlena - I thought she would be huge in it. Anxious to see how it really turns out after it's all said and done.
    That Hogie would make the big story about a fabricated Brady/Dimera feud when viewers watched Stefano for over 14 years target John and Marlena makes this sl a joke.

Okay, so you pretty much hate all of it! LOL .... that's all you had to say - you hate the show completely and hold out no hope for improvement LOL. I have nothing to say about that then.....your comment about Hogan holding out his best storyline for now was too funny - good point but again, I'll wait and see what my fave actors will do with this. Just one last thing, yes they show Sami but what do the DiMera's want with Sami??? Her? Nooooo, the baby. EJ wants her AND the baby so I'm sure she'll have something to do with it but maybe you'll enjoy seeing them attack her and make her suffer? You gotta love at least that - seeing Tony bash her and try to kill her - you can only hold out hope

Re: Days of Our Sami?

I like Ali, but it's Sami's turn on the back burner. She's been front and center for over 6 months now and we need a break. And a *dual role*....please. That just means we'll see even more of her. Like I said, I do like Ali, but Hope and Marlena need to be front and center with this story.

If I'm waiting for something to flop and looking at it through tainted glasses, I definitely won't enjoy it. I choose to hold judgement until it's done then I'll bash away like crazy if I don't like it
    Isn't it better sometimes to let them know that you aren't interested before they invest their time and energy into it?
    Maybe the people that stuck around were watching something else a year or two ago and simply fast-forwarded through Sami then, and now they realize that TPTB refuse to get rid of her or give her a break off screen, and are giving her an even bigger role on the show despite consistently falling ratings. Speaking only for myself, I've always been able to tolerate Sami because she was a supporting player, and then when she was on the front burner, I had something else to watch like my favorites, John and Marlena. Now I see that TPTB think that she's the star of Days and I'm not going to be able to escape her. John and Marlena won't be having their own story away from her, they're aligned with her and are her designated "helpers". Sorry, but I don't want to watch a Sami story with J&M in it. No thanks!!!

That's where the whole thing goes wrong for me. There was never any Brady/DiMera feud!!! They're making this up and refusing to see that this SHOULD be about John and Marlena getting revenge on the DiMera's not the Brady family. And it certainly shouldn't be about Sami of all people.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    .Curious which boards were these posts posted on? This is the first time Ive seen posters(toDays, Soap City) blame Samni for the low ratings. She certainly deserves to take part of the blame for the history breaking low ratings. As I'm sure she would get the credit if the ratings were even mediocre.
    ITA, Texas. I must have missed all that too. Where did it happen???

Re: Days of Our Sami?

I love Sami and most of her stories not Stan glad she is on alot wish E.J would chill out he needs to back off but Sami and Phillip are mine 2 favorites.I will be watching this story because she is in it alot.Hoping Lucas is also glad they are married I guess we all have our fav's

[Isn't it better sometimes to let them know that you aren't interested before they invest their time and energy into it? ]

I guess if you know for a shadow of a doubt that you will hate the storyline and aren't open to see what they do with it, you should tell them.....lots of us out here are open to a summer storyline that the actors themselves say they are excited about. If I like Deidre or Drake and they are excited about this - then they would know better than me since they have the script and I'm along for the ride. You are 100% sure you will hate it regardless so you probably will hate it - regardless and yeah, the writers or whoever are reading the boards need to know what the public wants - not that they listen

[Maybe the people that stuck around were watching something else a year or two ago and simply fast-forwarded through Sami then, and now they realize that TPTB refuse to get rid of her or give her a break off screen, and are giving her an even bigger role on the show despite consistently falling ratings. Speaking only for myself, I've always been able to tolerate Sami because she was a supporting player, and then when she was on the front burner, I had something else to watch like my favorites, John and Marlena. Now I see that TPTB think that she's the star of Days and I'm not going to be able to escape her. John and Marlena won't be having their own story away from her, they're aligned with her and are her designated "helpers". Sorry, but I don't want to watch a Sami story with J&M in it. No thanks!!!]

I can see that - I remember during Stan that lots were turning off their tv's threatening never to turn it back on again if she just gets away with it, she did get away with it, so I took them at their word and believe they never turned their tv on again. Maybe those were just threats for the writers to get worried?

[That's where the whole thing goes wrong for me. There was never any Brady/DiMera feud!!! They're making this up and refusing to see that this SHOULD be about John and Marlena getting revenge on the DiMera's not the Brady family. And it certainly shouldn't be about Sami of all people.]

Right, I think it's been mostly about John and Marlena myself and would make more sense for them to be doing all this instead of EJ and Sami. I am excited for stefano to be back but am NOT looking forward to the dual role thing and I'm an Ali fan but getting sick of seeing Sami, myself. Balance is needed here and the vets need equal screentime. I don't like to back burner anyone - that just pisses off a whole group of fans and it's been wrongly done to J&M fans WAY too long.

I thought for a long time I didn't like J&M that much until they were off the screen and the show felt a little empty. I love B&H, was enjoying the Sami storyline but you are right - she shouldn't be the run of the show. Once J&M came back, I was suprisingly happy to see them and feel upset that they aren't being shown on promos to even have a promising storyline when they should be in the head of this with stefano - my opinion