Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Days of Our Sami?

Post Re: Days of Our Sami?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
    And what does that sarcastic note have to do with Sami? Surely you know Sami has been around for over a decade, right? Hardly a new face in Salem. She has certainly earned her place on this show, I am not arguing that one bit. But to make her the center of a story that has never been about her? And to imply that J&M are now going to play her little helpers in bringing down the DiMera's? That is the point of my post. The history is being rewritten to suit Sami, and that's just wrong.
    With this statement, I was talking more in general. Adressing a complaint that just seems to come up over and over.

What do you call a condescending comment? Truth or simply a condescending comment? Where do you see anyone saying they want their "old favorites" to be happy and sit around drinking tea? All you have to do is visit fan fiction sites and you'll find plenty of drama!
    Ok back to the first question. What more can they do with them. What hasn't already happened.

Sorry, but her pain and suffering is low on the totem pole.
    Why? She's a Brady.

LOL!!! Go ahead and blame me and other's who don't like the way the show is going, I could care less. I won't be watching. Good luck with that! And please, don't ever be stupid enough to speak for me when you say things like "we would all be like..." cuz I would never say anything you would I seriously doubt.
    I am blamming everyone (I don't recall pointing my finger at you specifically)and the way we attach everything they do here on the boards (my post is... a reaction to months of reading and thinking and... I find the general attitude very frustrating) I read these boards often wondering if people just complain to complain. Nothing they do or try is ever enough. People take joy in not watching and reporting how much they have fast forwarded through. That by the way is nothing to brag about. People are missing stuff. Stuff that comes up in the conversations people are intentionally not watching. They don't have the full story, but get on here talking like they think know what they are talking about... and it's all negative. I have been watching this show.. oh geez, I don't know. My mother watched it from the first episode on and the show is only 7 months older than I am. In my mind it has always been on. I like it. Have always liked it and.. sorry it's a soap. Some stories are good, some are bad.. nothing about that fact ever changes. All I am saying is that if we want this show to stay on.. we need to be willing to go with those changes. Honestly, if your not. If your so stuck in the past that you can't enjoy the show anymore. Turn it off, get over it and shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by dee_ann View Post
    Ok back to the first question. What more can they do with them. What hasn't already happened.
    You must be a soap opera writer at DAYS.

Why? She's a Brady.
    So what?

I am blamming everyone (I don't recall pointing my finger at you specifically)
    Well, unlike you I don't try to speak for everyone.

and the way we attach everything they do here on the boards (my post is... a reaction to months of reading and thinking and... I find the general attitude very frustrating) I read these boards often wondering if people just complain to complain. Nothing they do or try is ever enough. People take joy in not watching and reporting how much they have fast forwarded through.
    I find the attitude of people like you very frustrating, so I guess we're even.

That by the way is nothing to brag about. People are missing stuff. Stuff that comes up in the conversations people are intentionally not watching. They don't have the full story, but get on here talking like they think know what they are talking about... and it's all negative.
    So, your solution is to force people to watch stuff they don't find entertaining? It's not my fault if the writing on DAYS doesn't keep my attention or intrigue me or that I find it amazingly STUPID.

I have been watching this show.. oh geez, I don't know. My mother watched it from the first episode on and the show is only 7 months older than I am. In my mind it has always been on. I like it. Have always liked it and.. sorry it's a soap. Some stories are good, some are bad.. nothing about that fact ever changes. All I am saying is that if we want this show to stay on.. we need to be willing to go with those changes. Honestly, if your not. If your so stuck in the past that you can't enjoy the show anymore. Turn it off, get over it and shut up.
    Why should I shut up? I have turned it off for the most part. It's not my job to watch a show I currently dislike. It's not my job to suffer through every new crappy writer if they can't deliver a good show. You seem to think that just because Days exists that I should keep watching it. Yea, it's a soap. It's not a member of my family who I must accept no matter what they do. There is no unconditional love in the world of entertainment.

Turn it off, get over it and shut up.
    YIKES! I guess you told us. I love certain characters on the show (J&M specifically) and since they are still employed by DAYS I am invested in their characters and watching a good story for them. I don't think they should be the only story either. I used to be a fan of the whole show and would be again if there was good writing. There hasn't been for a while and the new writer was supposed to change that. So far his stories have been BAD, so I'm still hoping a new writer could turn things around. In the meantime, I feel that as a fan of the show I need to let whoever might read these board from the show, how I feel. BTW, maybe your mom or whoever could give you a refresher course on manners.

Re: Days of Our Sami?

LOL... Fan speaks up on fanbased web board. See what happens if you try to defend the show. Thanks for the entertainment. It's been a rather slow day here.

Honestly though.. getting past Sammi, while she may be front-line in this story right now, my hopes (as I do watch the spoilers and.. I also have my fovorites and some ideas of where this could go) include finding out that John may be not only Brady, but also a DiMera. Maybe, the Brady's didn't approve of some relationship in the past. Maybe the Dimera's simply weren’t "good enough".. Maybe John was the product of that relationship and somehow the Brady's where hiding it. After that child was shipped off, supposedly dead or whatever they come up with... Assuming that someone else (his Mother or Father) Ended up dead during all of this adding ful to the fire. The DiMera's decide that the best revenge would be through the child they had rejected, leading to their decision to erase his memory and plant him with the family that had tried to deny his existence...
    See... if they do something like that. It could go in so many directions and turn into such a powerful storyline for John as well as most of our favorites while simultaneously making what we are watching right now with Sammi, more of a preface to something even better (maybe the next winter storyline)... I don't know.. but I am open to see where this goes.

Some stories are good, some are bad.. nothing about that fact ever changes.
    But somethings have changed and changed for the worse. NBC is not renewing the shows contract, mainly because the ratings have flopped for the past three years. This is a huge change for a show that at one point was second and third in the ratings. Days was once rival only to GH with the most loyal,passionate, and vocal soap fan bases in the genre. Today the loyal and passionate fanbase have dwindled to a shade of almost nothing. The vocal fan bases tend to be more negative than positive. Corday is hitting the pavement trying to sell a show with dwindling ratings and negative viewers--this is not good.

All I am saying is that if we want this show to stay on.. we need to be willing to go with those changes.
    I have no desire to watch a show that focuses on Sami,Lumi, EJ,Shelle and Payla from the ratings I'm in line with a large portion of the shows ex-viewers. If Corday wants to sell the show,he needs to live up to his promise of a fb sl for J/M and Bope and not demean and degrade John and Marlena and their history to propell Sami/Lucas and EJ. T

hree characters the Nielson families and many on the net aren't interested in watching.

Honestly, if your not. If your so stuck in the past that you can't enjoy the show anymore. Turn it off, get over it and shut up.
    ROFL..have you followed the ratings LOL viewers are doing this very thing. Which of course is the reason the show's contract is not being renewed. The funniest part is that the Lumi big promo wedding flopped and the show received it's big 2.2 ratings last week(when John,Marlena,Bo and Hope happened to be on yet very dismal numbers) these sad numbers are higher than the big Lumi wedding,Shelle making love and Kayla saving Steve.

On a side note Tony's big return did nothing for saving the show. I guess the big guns shot blanks. ROFL --This is just too funny!!

I was 3 years old when Days first aired and I grew up watching the show with my Grandmother and continued into my adulthood. But, I must say, I quit watching Days regularly a few years ago because of the lame storylines only tuning in once in a great while on my lunch hour.

I now have Soapnet and can watch it in the evenings and I have been watching it for a couple of months and I hate to say this, nothing has changed. It's still lame, not sticking to history and I hate that the story is now revolving around Sami.

So, once again, I'm tuning out. It's a shame that a show that used to be top notched has become a joke. So, negative comments are all that many of us longtime fans can come up with. We knew the show in it's hayday and it's nothing like that now. There are some great actors on this show, young and old, but the writing sucks and that's what has killed Days.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisMich View Post
    I hate to say this, nothing has changed. It's still lame, not sticking to history and I hate that the story is now revolving around Sami.
    Some of my favorite storylines revolved around John/Marlena/Kristen and Stefano and to know that what I've watched will be ignored or trashed to showcase Sami is disgusting.

So, once again, I'm tuning out. It's a shame that a show that used to be top notched has become a joke. So, negative comments are all that many of us longtime fans can come up with. We knew the show in it's hayday and it's nothing like that now. There are some great actors on this show, young and old, but the writing sucks and that's what has killed Days.
    Right there with you! It is sad the show is getting canceled when it still has so much promise with actors/characters viewers love and will tune in to watch with the right writer and EP.

It's very sad that the show is going off. As you said, the potential for greatness is still there, but I don't think TPTB care anymore. And today's writers are awful. Dena Higley is killing One Life to Live now. I knew when she left Days and went to OLTL that the show was doomed. I see so much of her crap from Days coming to One Life.

I wanna know what started this whole Brady/DiMira fued in the past gereration and how Grandpa Shawn was involved, not how it now centers around and is all about Sami.