Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Days of Our Sami?

Re: Days of Our Sami?

I am so glad that they didn't have web boards back when they originally sorased Hope (Jennifer, Melissa, ect.. ) and brought Bo (and just about everyone we know now) in and started involving them in the major storylines. Could you imagine what would have happened if everyone had complained about how the younger crowd was taking over and getting all the screen time at that time... Imagine it, we could still be watching Micky and Maggie, Bill and Laura, Liz and Neal... Oh how interesting would that have been. NOT.. but in there time, they did have their fans and I am sure that they whir not all happy about it when they whir the ones being pushed into the background.
    Everyone claims to want something new. So tired of them rehashing the same ol storylines over and over.. Well.. what new can you do with our old favorites.. gee what haven't they been through already.. Oh happiness.. that's it. Let them be happy. Sure that will be fun to watch. Hmmm.. what do you call daytime drama when you take the drama out of it?
    As for Sammi being front and center in this storyline... I about choked on my coffee when I read the comment about "Day's" not honoring history with that choice. Tell me... what part of Sammi's life, with all the issues she has had, doesn't go back in way or the other to something that the DiMeras have done? Of course she wants it to end.
    All of our old favorites at one time or another have talked about how much they have missed out on the important things in their lives over these types of things (years spent apart, many times convinced that there loved one was dead) They have made promises to each other to always put there loved ones first. They have already learned, the hard way, how much they have to lose. As mature adults it makes sense that they would be far more cautious. Think about it.. if John jumped up anxious to go another round with Stephano, we would all be like "What! he and Marlena just got back together and now this! He promised! They whir going to put each other first... blah, blah, blah.. ". As a real “Day’s” fan I say, lets move forward.. be open and willing to just give the writers and the story a chance. Things change. If your not willing to change along with it, then it will be you who destroyed this show.

Talking Re: Days of Our Sami?

Quote Originally Posted by dee_ann View Post
    I am so glad that they didn't have web boards back when they originally sorased Hope (Jennifer, Melissa, ect.. ) and brought Bo (and just about everyone we know now) in and started involving them in the major storylines. Could you imagine what would have happened if everyone had complained about how the younger crowd was taking over and getting all the screen time at that time... Imagine it, we could still be watching Micky and Maggie, Bill and Laura, Liz and Neal... Oh how interesting would that have been. NOT.. but in there time, they did have their fans and I am sure that they whir not all happy about it when they whir the ones being pushed into the background.
    Everyone claims to want something new. So tired of them rehashing the same ol storylines over and over.. Well.. what new can you do with our old favorites.. gee what haven't they been through already.. Oh happiness.. that's it. Let them be happy. Sure that will be fun to watch. Hmmm.. what do you call daytime drama when you take the drama out of it?
    As for Sammi being front and center in this storyline... I about choked on my coffee when I read the comment about "Day's" not honoring history with that choice. Tell me... what part of Sammi's life, with all the issues she has had, doesn't go back in way or the other to something that the DiMeras have done? Of course she wants it to end.
    All of our old favorites at one time or another have talked about how much they have missed out on the important things in their lives over these types of things (years spent apart, many times convinced that there loved one was dead) They have made promises to each other to always put there loved ones first. They have already learned, the hard way, how much they have to lose. As mature adults it makes sense that they would be far more cautious. Think about it.. if John jumped up anxious to go another round with Stephano, we would all be like "What! he and Marlena just got back together and now this! He promised! They whir going to put each other first... blah, blah, blah.. ". As a real “Day’s” fan I say, lets move forward.. be open and willing to just give the writers and the story a chance. Things change. If your not willing to change along with it, then it will be you who destroyed this show.
    I couldn't have said it better myself! From what I read, it sounds like *most* characters will be involved in one way or another this summer. I'm looking forward to it

Post Re: Days of Our Sami?

Quote Originally Posted by ClayZebra View Post
    This Sami fan would be more than pleased to hand over every bit of her airtime to John and Marlena. Then I'd be spared knowing that she's spending her whole summer bonding with her rapist, because rape is so romantic don't you know.

And yeah, the rewritten history is ridiculous, too. Why is Marlena wondering about the origin of the fued? She was THERE!
    According to Hogan Sheffer's Sami, it all begins with HER. Yea, whatever, hack.

Tell me... what part of Sammi's life, with all the issues she has had, doesn't go back in way or the other to something that the DiMeras have done? Of course she wants it to end.
    Uhhhh none of them?

And what does that sarcastic note have to do with Sami? Surely you know Sami has been around for over a decade, right? Hardly a new face in Salem. She has certainly earned her place on this show, I am not arguing that one bit. But to make her the center of a story that has never been about her? And to imply that J&M are now going to play her little helpers in bringing down the DiMera's? That is the point of my post. The history is being rewritten to suit Sami, and that's just wrong.

What do you call a condescending comment? Truth or simply a condescending comment? Where do you see anyone saying they want their "old favorites" to be happy and sit around drinking tea? All you have to do is visit fan fiction sites and you'll find plenty of drama!

Sorry, but her pain and suffering is low on the totem pole.

LOL!!! Go ahead and blame me and other's who don't like the way the show is going, I could care less. I won't be watching. Good luck with that! And please, don't ever be stupid enough to speak for me when you say things like "we would all be like..." cuz I would never say anything you would I seriously doubt.

I prefer JOhn to be the real Roman, also, over John being Shawn's son, but unless JT leaves the show-No chance and even then,no chance because of B/S.
    I also don't expect to see much JM this summer or in any story of their own.

Jiggs, still getting the hang of this board. I posted a reply to your post but it ended up in the last post involving Dee-Ann.

Quote Originally Posted by La Mariposa View Post
    Uhhhh none of them?
    Um.. No all of them. Everything with Sammi began because of her parents and what they whir going through. They whir always either missing, presumed dead or not who she thought they whir. Why do you think she is so focused on and needs her family so much. She is just messed up.