Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: It's not your money

Post Re: It's not your money

Medicare fraud? That's a drop in the bucket compared to the waste, fraud and downright corruption of the defense contractors in Iraq.
    Again- where's the outrage on the right about that?
    NINE BILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!

Re: It's not your money

I agree with some of his points but not how he tries to back them up. For one thing, any one born in this country has an advantage over everyone else in the world. As a woman in a male dominate profession, it is very clear to me that I'm very lucky to have been born here. However, the money I earn is due to my education that I earned and my hard work. It is my money and I expect my government to treat it with the respect it deserves. TPTB seemed to have lost sight of this when doing their budgets and wasting large amounts of taxpayer money.

Quote Originally Posted by carrie View Post
    I agree with some of his points but not how he tries to back them up. For one thing, any one born in this country has an advantage over everyone else in the world.
    And that is the real point of the article.

Re: It's not your money

having an advantage over others is no reason to tax us down to the poverty level... that we are blessed here should not dictate how much we are charged to live here..

Quote Originally Posted by big easy View Post
    having an advantage over others is no reason to tax us down to the poverty level... that we are blessed here should not dictate how much we are charged to live here..
    I don't think Paris Hilton, Warren Buffet or Dick Cheney are being "taxed to the poverty line". And as for the vast majority of the rest of us.........who actually work for our money...........we ARE definitely being taxed more today so that the Dick Cheney's of the world can pay less. And before you start posting tax figures...remember- it's NOT just income tax!
    Don't you think that we have a societal obligation to uphold the framework and systems and infrastructure that's allowed our country to prosper so? The real point of the article was that we have to recognize that all this that we take for granted wasn't just handed down to us from on high......it was planned, invested in and supported by previous generations.
    This selfish, only thinking about myself attitude that's expressed so often today- how will that sustain our way of life?

uhh..no.. how can you say that when 1/2 the country pays less than 5% of the taxes? Republican tax structures take a higher percentage of the taxes from the rich because of the growth incentives their proposals implement.. these dick cheney's are the reason we have government... they are the ones who pay while the rest of us reap the benefits of government.. if they would tax the rich less, then there would be more opportunities for us all... and the gov't should be held accountable for the mis use of funds and we would be better off...

you admit to gov't fraud and waste yet you want increases?..why, so they can steal more?

no one is asking for us to abandon government... just take less and use it more wisely.. it works ... taking less and leaving it in the private sector doubled revenues under Reagan.. why do you ignore facts and rely on symbolism?

Quote Originally Posted by big easy
    .. taking less and leaving it in the private sector doubled revenues under Reagan.. why do you ignore facts and rely on symbolism?
    Are you kidding?!? Have you forgotten the huge DEFICIT Reagan left us with?
    Supply-side economics really IS "voo-doo" economics....as none other than George H.W. BUsh famously said.
    Every damn time a Republican is in charge we end up with massive deficits......and the wealthy only keep getting richer while the rest of us fall behind.
    Trickle-down economics has never been shown to actually work.........and is nothing but a phony justification for greed on the part of those who can afford to buy public policy.

did you take math in school reines?... revenues to the treasury were very close to TWICE the amount before Reagan entered office..

the deficits were due to increased SPENDING.. under DEMOCRATIC house leadership... remember the HOR draft ALL spending bills...

when revenues DOUBLE and deficits go UP that can only be attributed to SPENDING TOO MUCH.. simple math..

our over all debt tripled under Reagan by the way.. let me ask you a question... who is better off...someone making 50,000 a year with $100,000 in debt or someone making $95,000 a year with $300,000 in debt? (of course the debt is consdidered a mortgage)....