Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Huckabee wants to amend the constitution for God's standards!

Re: Huckabee wants to amend the constitution for God's standards!

correction Einstein X 1,000 would NOT be able to begin...

Post Re: Huckabee wants to amend the constitution for God's standards!

Hey, none of us are running for office, so it's really no one's business regarding their own personal lives if they do not chose to let everyone in on every detail.

I don't see this as relevant to debating general political issues as per posters, JMHO.

As far as intelligent design or Adam and Eve.....no one will probably ever know for sure what's what. Science is in large part... regarding history... before there was written word simply science trying to explain things and explore history. Faith is a belief system that does not include scientific data. Doesn't mean that the two cannot be connected. God gave people brains other than the other lower animal species and allowed people to think things out for themselves.

Certainly some humans have done better than others in this regard as to science and some stay saddled to what their clergy people say regardless of fact or fiction.

Post How silly!

The constitution is not something that can be changed as easily as changing your underwear. The founding fathers were very intelligent; they had enough foresight to understand that years down the road there might be need to change the constitution so made provisions i for amending it. But they were cautious enough to make it difficult so that the framework of our country could not be changed on any little whim. And it's worked. In over two hundered years the constitution has only been amended twenty eight times. If you look at the article in the constitution dealing with amendments http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitut...clev.htmlments:
    you'll see that the Presidnet is never even mentioned. It takes both houses of congress and/or or the legislature of the states but the President is not involved. So if Huckleberry hound finds his way to 1600 Pensylvania Avenue we don't have to worry.
    Every now and then we get some goofball wanting to make his own personal views part of the constitution, anti-flag burning amendmends, or anti-gay mariage amendments or whatever. To me this trivializes what the constition is meant to be. First of all it is a basic framework of how our government is set up and secondly and maybe more important it limits the powers of the government. It tells us what the government can't do to us citizens. It is not supposed to be a guideline for the moral behavior of the citizenry.

"Huckleberry Hound"- LOL!! I just found out that he lists Josh Bolton as one of his foreign-policy "advisors"- based on one e-mail he sent him!
    Huckabee's seemingly obliviousness regarding foreign policy is almost as frightening as his thoughts on bringing the whole country 'round to Jesus. LOL

Maybe he would make Chuck Norris our Director of Defense. LOL

Post I contend that offering an intelligent design explanation

is based on science and ignoring it is ignorant..

when did time begin?... a rocket travelling at the speed of light..how far can it go? how can something be created from nothing? at some time, there had to be nothing ..right?

I find it interesting that we can discuss the amazement of someone in 1900 seeing an automobile for the first time... I'm sure one of the first thoughts must have been how intelligent someone must be to have designed and built it.. yet things much more amazing right before our very own eyes for millions of years have been going on and many of us just write them off as "it's just here and that's the way it is"...monarch butterflies emerging from a cacoon in south america...not even having a brain the way science defines brains and made up of something similar to toilet tissue...flies to canada and back.... call me stupid but to me that is much more amazing than a car... and it takes place on a planet that is the same size as an electron in another dimension... and we want to just talk about the big bang and evolution and close the book?...how ignorant an UN-scientific...

I don't understand how gays are so upset about not being able to re-define marriage.. companies offer domestic partnership recognition... why jam it down everybody's throat?..... no one is looking to put them in jail or anything..

I'm all for ending abortion... the genocide has to stop..

Re: Huckabee wants to amend the constitution for God's standards!

Right, babies sucked out of vacuums...spoken like a person who has never faced that choice. Sorry, its to slippery a slope to ban abortion altogether. Once there who's to stop banning abortion in dire medical cases.

Re: I contend that offering an intelligent design explanation

Genocide?

So many people lump two abortion issues into one. There are distinct, specific situations when ending a pregnancy is required to save the life of a mother. I'd rather stay off the slope than leave those definitions to the morons in politics. Politicians aren't doctors and they shouldn't be involved in those decisions.

Trust me when I say I speak from experience.