Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Huckabee wants to amend the constitution for God's standards!

Post Huckabee wants to amend the constitution for God's standards!

"[Some of my opponents] do not want to change the Constitution, but I believe it's a lot easier to change the constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God, and that's what we need to do is to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards," Huckabee said, referring to the need for a constitutional human life amendment and an amendment defining marriage as between a man and a woman.

reines: HELLO! Can you say AMERICAN TALIBAN? This man seriously should NOT be president. He obviously needs a refresher course on both the constitution and the ideals of freedom this country was founded on. Not every American citizen is an Evangelical. This is very frightening, IMO.

Post Re: Huckabee wants to amend the constitution for God's standards!

babies being sucked out by vacuums scares me more...

gay marriage?...I think the subject is way overblown... I have a feeling most could care less like myself... give them the same rights but not ordained in a Church and called marriage..I guess that would make most gay folks happy...but what do I know

Re: Huckabee wants to amend the constitution for God's standards!

Do you really believe that electing Huckabee and allowing him to have his way will bring about anything towards the better? I think not.
    What he is planning will do nothing but spark a second American Civil War.

I'd rather vote for Romney if I were Republican. But I'm not.

I can't believe I was, at one time, leaning towards Huckabee. Some things I really do like what he said, but he did a 160 on some of the things I liked he said....immigration was one.

Now this thing with saying the Constitution should be changed to reflect his own religious thoughts on subjects? It might fly with evangelicals. I'm just not okay with him anymore as I see him running as Pastor in Chief.

He's essentially running for the Protestant equivalent of a mideval-era Pope, with the ability to declare Inquisitions, write laws to match religious beliefs, commit acts of genocide against undesirables (even undesirable Christians), and declare religious warfare.

I thought Protestantism was supposed to distance themselves from that sort of mideval Catholic-style practices.

not liking babies being killed and not wanting marriage to be re-defined and you talk as if he's leading and inquisition..

way over played dude..

Huckabee's reforms of our laws will only lead to just that. Inquisitions, oppression of minorities, the choosing of religious belief over scienctific fact, and genocide. All theocracies throughout history are guilty of that.
    I doubt even Catholics and Mormons (Christian groups that aren't or not considered Protestant) would feel very welcome.

So tell us BE, did YOU keep your virginity intact until marriage? You know we'll keep asking until you answer.
    And how hard is it for you to admit you DID NOT have a sex life until after you were married?
    You freely discussed the fact that your Peruvian friends' daughters don't have sex lives. At least for now.
    And what about your Peruvian friends sons?

there is nothing about him that would suggest he would support inquisitions...that is absurd...

intelligent design is something that needs to be part of science because humans will never have the ultimate answer to the origination of our universe... the human brain never will be able to comprehend total time and space... einstein X 1,000 would be able to begin... something beyond our mindful capacity and wildest imagination created the universe and that's something the atheists can't come to grips with...

genocide?...come on dude... be realistic

I will give you an A+ for perserverance on continuing to inquire about my pre-marriage sex life... you've earned an answer.....NO...I was not a virgin on my wedding day... so, for what ever reason you are wanting to know, now you do so use the ammo to blast me about something...

I am not privy to the young boys sex life... I am certain my 2 brother in laws were virgins in Peru when they married in their early 20's some 15 years or so ago...