Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone like the "new" Marlena?

Post Does anyone like the "new" Marlena?

I don't know about anyone else but I am liking the new Marlena. She's tougher, more confident and isn't taking any **** from anyone. It's a great departure from the damsel in distress, weak Marlena she's been written to be over the years. I just like where I think this character is going.

Re: Does anyone like the "new" Marlena?

Couldn't agree more! Marlena is so much better now. As you said, she is no longer the damsel in distress. In the past (not the last few years, but when she was first on the show), she has been a stronger character and I have hated watching her basically wringing her hands waiting to be saved.

I am happy that she has confronted Stefano. I loved, loved, loved the fact that she strung him along making him think she would trade herself for Sami. I love that she stood up for Brady with Chloe. I am not sure what is going on with the Brady/Chloe situation (and I admit I am a Chloe fan) so I will reserve judgment about that, but I like the fact that Marlena was so protective of Brady.

Marlena has re-grown her backbone. I love it! I hope she doesn't lose it.

"Marlena has re-grown her backbone"

Well said.

Yes, loving her.

Yea I do. I like the take charge Marlena a lot better than the whiney one we have come to know. I hope that she does not go back to the whiney Marlena when John comes back into her life. Oh I can't wait to see her reaction to him though. I haven't had a healthy soap cry in a while.

"I haven't had a healthy soap cry in a while."

lol...I totally understand Dylanangel

Yep..was SO tired of her being the victim!!!I am loving it

Post Re: Does anyone like the "new" Marlena?

Marlena is woman hear me roar, I won't stand by & let Stefano run amuck in my family anymore, she sure shocked Roman, Bo & Abe when she told them that if they can't do something she will.