One of the...

1. Worst movies you've ever seen.

2. Worst songs ever made.

3. Worst meals you've ever had.

4. Worst times you've ever had.

5. Worst books you've ever read.

Weekend plans?

Re: Five For Friday - From Bad To Worst

Not looking on the sunny side this week?
    Annie will never let me forget "Once Bitten" -- her Dad was visiting and I made a run to the local Blockbuster and came back with this loser.

This is tough! I think I'll go with "Ruby (don't take your love to town)".

Before or after? The two that I remember weren't the worst when consumed, but food poisoning made them extra memorable. One was a burger at a national joint, the other a fancy steak that, I guess, had been improperly "aged".

Dangerous territory. I don't want to go there.

Had to be a text book. (Because I'd just quit on something else, if it wasn't holding up.) Probably high school chemistry.

Weekend plans?
    Bingeing "American Gods".

I often look on the sunny side.
    This was based on a conversation around the barbecue grill over the weekend.

I would listen to "Ruby" every day if someone would promise me I would never hear "I Touch Myself" again.

One of the...

"Norbit" with Eddie Murphy. As a plus-sized woman, I was so uncomfortable during that movie. His wife was a wretched overweight woman and during some of her scenes, the audience was showing their disgust at her weight. It just made me uncomfortable and reminded me what people probably thought of me.

"Umbrella" by Rihanna. I can't stand her for one thing, but then having to hear, "Umbrella ella ella eh eh eh..." ugh!!

It had to be the time when my mom first tried her hand at beef stroganoff. It was horrible. She did something wrong and it didn't even look like beef stroganoff. We sat down as a family to eat it and not one of us, including her could finish. She was such a good sport though and we laughed about that for years.

It was at a friend's wedding and it wasn't the wedding as it was beautiful, but my best friend had just broken up with her boyfriend and I had a huge crush on his best friend, who I had gone out with a couple of times. Both of the guys showed up with dates and both were women we knew and didn't like to begin with. It was a horrible night and we couldn't wait to leave. By the way, her ex ended up marrying the woman he brought to the wedding.

"Philomena." For once, this is the case where the movie was much better than the book. The beginning of the book was fine as it was in much more detail, but most of the book focused on her son's homosexuality and his promiscuity. I just didn't enjoy the many chapters of his carelessness and I new he was going to end up with Aids because of this. I read the whole book, but it was one I couldn't wait to finish and be done with.

Weekend plans I have been off all week and it's been horribly hot. I'm hoping to find somewhere cool to hang out most of the weekend as it's going to reach over 105. Yuck!!!

MTJ -- ROFLMAO re. your song choice. I'm with you on that! Change my vote!

KrisMich: There was one E. Murphy movie that I thought was funny (BHC), all the rest either didn't or wouldn't survive our household 5-minute rule. (If it sucks in the first 5 minutes -- next!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    KrisMich: There was one E. Murphy movie that I thought was funny (BHC), all the rest either didn't or wouldn't survive our household 5-minute rule. (If it sucks in the first 5 minutes -- next!)
    I liked the 48 Hours movies and Trading Places.
    I also enjoyed The Nutty Professor, although it's not one I would buy and watch over and over again.

Rhianna...blech. I have never understood her appeal.

Yes; you're right! I'd forgotten "48 Hours" and "Trading Places". Those were both fun. The bar scene in "48 Hours" was a star maker.