Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Passenger kicked off United flight

Re: Passenger kicked off United flight

What is the problem that you have with David Dao, Jolau? Did you lose at poker to him, or something?

Dr. Dao's wife was sitting in a different row, and according to other passengers was visibly upset and disoriented herself. I would be as well.

http://people.com/human-interest/wif...r-altercation/

United has a lot of bad press to make up for. Maybe this is a start:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...416-story.html

Kick people off before they are seated, so they can still miss a flight...but if the money is good enough maybe that works.

I make it a point to keep an eye on the industry I work in. I figure such information would be useful at some point.

The question is, where was the wife when he ran back in? In her former seat or by the door? The information I have has her by the door.
    The things I read about him during this incident sounds more and more like someone who willingly escalated the situation as far as he could to maximize what he could get in the lawsuit.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/everyone-wrong-dr-dao-united/

If I was him, and in the seat as is shown in the video, then I would have absolutely been just as pissed as him and just as unwilling to leave it.

None of the other actors -- United, the regional, their staffs, or the Chicago Airport Gestapo -- needed to escalate. THEY could have and should found another way around the problem. Like send their deadheaders on another flight, that they had arranged properly.

It is in no way Dr. Dao's doing, nor his wife's or anyone other than the other actors.

I'm sorry that your industry gets smeared with their brush, but don't make it worse by continuing to denigrate the paid customer who was already in his seat.

FYI: the "Independent Sentinel" is extreme rightist fake news.

See also this video (from United source) where it is the fake "law enforcement" creep who is doing the threatening.

This just proves further to me that he believed his business is so important that he felt the right to interfere with the business of others, including that of the airline he was flying on. This man had to work in the morning, so did the deadhead crew. I've already said before that I think that there is an entitlement mentality among people that have certain titles or what have you that says that they are somehow more important than others and/or the rules don't apply to them on the mere fact of their job title, their age, or the generation to which they were born.
    They also have a tendency to look down upon people in "lesser" positions and people in service positions tend to get more of this than people in other occupations. People working minimum wage jobs for example.

He could have cancelled his appointments or requested someone else take his place. (And frankly, if I made a doctor's appointment and it got cancelled, I'd be thrilled. I have an hour of my life back)
    The disruption to his business would have been minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by jolau View Post
    This just proves further to me that he believed his business is so important that he felt the right to interfere with the business of others, including that of the airline he was flying on. This man had to work in the morning, so did the deadhead crew. I've already said before that I think that there is an entitlement mentality among people that have certain titles or what have you that says that they are somehow more important than others and/or the rules don't apply to them on the mere fact of their job title, their age, or the generation to which they were born.
    They also have a tendency to look down upon people in "lesser" positions and people in service positions tend to get more of this than people in other occupations. People working minimum wage jobs for example.

He could have cancelled his appointments or requested someone else take his place. (And frankly, if I made a doctor's appointment and it got cancelled, I'd be thrilled. I have an hour of my life back)
    The disruption to his business would have been minimal.
    Unbelievable.
    So you, Jolau, come down on the side that the customer is never right. Is that it?

I totally disagree. He was right; they were wrong. I hope he ends up with millions, and that they end up with a pantload of new laws and regulations.

Only under normal circumstances. There has to be a point where the "Customer Is Always Right" mantra goes too far and someone has to put their foot down and say "There are situations in which the Customer is WRONG." And frankly, I prefer a Caveat Emptor approach.
    Buyer beware.
    And frankly, I don't believe there is any venue outside the airlines where behavior like this is acceptable, paying customer or not. Can you imagine someone behaving like this at a bank? The article below uses another example. Texting in class. The teacher continuously having to tell a student to stop texting and pay attention to the lecture.

As for the airline industry itself in many ways I do agree with you, people say they are longing for the days of PanAm or looking for something "hip". Unfortunately, the PanAm days are long gone and "hip" airlines like Virgin America eventually get bought out.
    First and Business Class services (Especially Wide-Bodies, narrow-body jets not so much if you are in Europe) are getting more and more lavish, while the purpose of Economy Class is more about cramming as many people in as possible and making as much money off that as they can. Nickel and diming you for things that used to be free, under the guise of "customizing your experience".
    They are being more and more like Spirit, Ryan Air, or Southwest. Those seem to be the money-makers, not Virgin America.

http://judymccarver.com/2017/04/the-problem-thats-even-bigger-than-the-ual-debacle.html

A teacher instructing a student to stop using their phone in class is not even remotely on the same planet with having fake gestapo physically smash the head of a PAID and SEATED customer and then publicly drag them, unconscious, down the aisle of a airplane.

How can you even begin to compare these things?!?!