Thread: The NRA and Philando Castile.

The NRA and Philando Castile.

I'm pretty sure there are people out there that are going to say that it is because people are improperly disciplined, had bad parents, etc.
    But in this situation, I think George Carlin is right. They don't want people pondering the problems of life, they want obedient workers that are willing to accept the status quo and their lot in life. People who don't accept their idea of "normal" are treated as "entitled" or as "deviants". What Black Lives Matter and the like are doing is not accepting this status quo, not accepting their lot in life, what the Black community experience is wrong and something needs to be done to change this.

http://egbertowillies.com/2016/07/09/nra-shamed-responding-philando-castile-killing-cop/

Re: The NRA and Philando Castile.

The gun culture is so totally skewed in this country today. The mentality of it's "us" against the "others" seems to be growing by leaps and bounds as is it for those who feel they must be armed in all situations..... and some use the 2nd adm. as an right/excuse. The police killings in the last few days of the two black men shown on videos prove that when everyone has a phone and camera these days all will be able to see and judge what happens. If that holds true in a court of law we shall see. Both men were carrying weapons, one for sure had a legal permit.

My point is that open carry or concealed for citizens is a two edged sword. For all those crying about their rights to bear arms it sometimes comes down to who is most in danger for these rights? Well, maybe it's everyone is more in danger....individuals and the police. A cop responding to a call goes into a unknown situation every single time. The more people who are armed the more dangerous it is for them and the police.

I don't like going to dinner or to Walmart, etc. and seeing people with sidearms. I don't know who they are or why they feel like they need to take a gun to the store. Some in the protester crowds in Dallas were carrying AK-15's. NONE of this helps anything.

Racial profiling is an ugly beast that law enforcement MUST better address, too! There's just too many of these situations that are being handled badly.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Guns are a coward's weapon in America. I keep wondering if "blue lives" will "matter" if and when they are used to confiscate everyone's guns. I think we should tell them to obey Mr. Law Man. Resist and he will be allowed to kill you, and we will question your parents, your taste in music/fashion, your religion, etc. and possibly call you a terrorist.

I've also noticed a meme floating around listing the arrest record of one of them (I think it's the one from MN). My reaction is, these crimes don't warrant the death penalty, and either he is a racists or he wants our justice system to emulate the Muslim countries that say, chop your hand off if you are caught stealing. (which is surprising because I would think Christians would not want to emulate Muslim countries) They did it to Trayvon too, list his past "offenses" and use them as grounds to kill him.

Definitely there is a sense of vilification in many of these cases as to using past offense records to taint public perception of a person caught in the crosshairs. In a court of law, let's just say, that if someone is charged with a crime....past offenses are not allowed to be a part of the current prosecution. This is not true in the world of public opinion where someone in the news feed has caught media attention and they will have every scrap of information about them tossed out for public consumption and scrutiny. No one should have to die because they are pulled over for a broken tail light! This was either a staggering lack of training or an officer who was already fearful of confrontation.

But, also...being a cop is a dangerous profession, too. Just the very nature of the type of work has the potential for each and every encounter to be a life or death situation for the police, too. Many probably have never had to fire their gun while on duty.

Makes me wonder, despite our espousing of our rights, freedom, and justice system, and the claim that it is more advanced than other places in this world, has Christianized America really advanced beyond that of the Communist/Muslim/Third Worlds?