Thread: Conservative responses to Orlando shooting

Conservative responses to Orlando shooting

In my opinion, Christian conservatives WANT to shoot gays while Muslim fanatics actually do it. Not much difference there.

And I should also say, this and the Brock Turner issue is why I skipped church today. I received a $5 tip from a guy at the airport last night that I was going to give to the church. The kind of people that go to the mass I was going to attend have some homophobic or Islamophobic attitudes, and a few Trump supporters. The church and other institutions of morality have nothing to say concerning Brock Turner's rape, and I certainly am not going to hear some lip-service about whether or not the pastor has any sympathy for the victims.

I gave the $5 to the waitress at Denny's.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/06...ooting-tweets/
    Last edited by jolau; 6.13.16 at 1:47 AM.

Re: Conservative responses to Orlando shooting

Quote Originally Posted by jolau View Post
    In my opinion, Christian conservatives WANT to shoot gays while Muslim fanatics actually do it. Not much difference there.

And I should also say, this and the Brock Turner issue is why I skipped church today. I received a $5 tip from a guy at the airport last night that I was going to give to the church. The kind of people that go to the mass I was going to attend have some homophobic or Islamophobic attitudes, and a few Trump supporters. The church and other institutions of morality have nothing to say concerning Brock Turner's rape, and I certainly am not going to hear some lip-service about whether or not the pastor has any sympathy for the victims.

I gave the $5 to the waitress at Denny's.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/06...ooting-tweets/
    I'm sure the waitress appreciated the tip. Good going! :-)

On Trump's blathering and rants on his HUGE national security speech today he drove in the point that the Orlando shooter was an Afghan, except for the fact the guy was born in New York. Oh, well...his supporters don't care about truth or details. As Trump has already verified...he (Trump) could shoot someone in the street and not lose any supporters.

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/13/1192413...shooter-afghan

And of course Pat Robertson has to chime in.....

http://www.ifyouonlynews.com/miscell...h-other-video/

One thing I have noticed recently is that religion is only discussed when the perpetrator is Muslim or the target is a Planned Parenthood or an abortion clinic. I've yet to hear anything about Brock Turner's religion or that of his parents, it's rarely discussed when it comes to Dylann Roof, Adam Lanza, Elliot Roger, etc. etc.
    With all of the mass shootings in the US and only a small handful involving Muslims, it can't be because we have a bunch of atheists running around, and every so often I hear Godlessness being blamed.

Well, certainly Trump has spouted over and over again to his fans the fantasy that the US is under siege by "Islamic Terrorists". More people are killed everyday, in every US state by other US citizens that are not Muslims, which includes those you mentioned. Trump's whole campaign is built on fear of the "others" and division.