Thread: Do any of you feel this way?

Hybrid View

Post Do any of you feel this way?

Hi, I haven't watched Passions consistently in over 2 years. That's mainly because I've done without cable for that long.

I mostly read the Dustin's thoughts. I can see that they completely ruined Chad and turned him into a sick pervert. I mean, chasing after Whitney while"knowing" she was his half sister, just to cheat on her after the truth came out. On top of that it was his own nephew?

They took that incest storyline to another level when Vincent and Valerie were one in the same, meaning he also slept with his own father!

Is male pregnancy possible?? I know it's a stupid question but that is the most bizzarre storyline I've ever heard. I know Passions or any soap for that matter should never be taken seriously.

When I first saw Passions, I liked Chad and Whitney until they started the whole incest storyline. With Passions, they sure go there and stay there. JER is sick.

For a while I liked Evil Sheridan, since she was always the damzel in distress and it got irritating but they're taken it too far already.

I first Passions when Antonio and Sheridan came back from St. Lisa's. ShUis were my favorite couple but it seems to me that Sheridan is beyond redemption at this point.

I also stopped watching because the writers still don't give the audience what they want. When they do, it've very short lived.

I'm sorry to rant, but I'm pretty dissappointed since I enjoyed Passions back in the old days. The book "Hidden Passions" is now irrelevant.

Do any of you feel this way?

Re: Do any of you feel this way?

I quit watching Passions when they turned my Favorite character, Sheridan, into a Horrible person! Arrgg, thats NOT what I wanted to see. Sheridan&Luis had the most amazing romantic storyline, it was the MAIN reason I tuned into the show. I tolerated all the other 'Kookiness". Then the show turned Dark & depressing and vile, nobody was happy, the whole show had grotesque themes: incest, murder, abuse of children, etc. JEReilly, the writer&creator, is ONE 'sick" guy, who could think of such things?! I certainly was NOT going to pay money to switch over to the DirectTV(or whatever system its on). There is some storyline going on with that Valerie/Vincent character being pregnant(by his own father?!),thats just GROSS! Who wants to see that sort of stuff? I mean, some of the storylines were meant to make you laugh(the whole stupid Precious the monkey), but you cant even laugh at this stuff, its just appalling. It makes me sad, I spent money going to Fan events, I wrote tons of letters in support of Shuis(several of them were published in the soap magazines), I was a big fan of McKenzie and Galen, now I just feel sorry for them, that their career has them on this pathetic show. Sigh~~so sad, I was so excited when the show began, full of romance, adventure and lovely family moments. Just really a disappointment for me. I wonder if NBC ever wondered WHY they lost so many viewers( I had a whole list of email friends who all supported SHUIS, all of them gave up on the show). JERk never gave any 'payoff" to the loyal fans.

That's just how I felt. ShUis was the reason I started watching Passions. It was pretty obvious to me that they're never going to get married. Every attempt they've made to get married has always been thwarted. I feel sorry for the entire cast. I would think that with their talent, they could find better acting opportunities.

I, also have given up on Passions. I loved the show for the first 3 or 4 years. I really miss Timmy. Tabby and Timmy were great together! Timmy's "goodness" balanced out Tabby's "power of evil". The romance of Miguel and Charity, and the mystery of Grace and her twin sister Faith was intrigueing. I don't believe we ever got to the bottom of that. And the romance of Luis and Sheridan. Well those were the good old days!

I don't think Chad was perverted because he was more confused which is totally understandable considering the situation. Everyone thought him and Whitney should just shut off their feelings which is totally unfair. It certainly didn't help having Alistair egg him on to go after Whitney after all he knew the truth about it so he knew it wasn't incest at all. Personally I think that Chad if he lived would have eventually come to realize that he's gay.