Thread: Do you think Oprah's support wil get Obama lots of votes?

Post Do you think Oprah's support wil get Obama lots of votes?

Her support has certainly helped many books make it to the best seller list. Could the same work for a political candidate?

Post Re: Do you think Oprah's support wil get Obama lots of votes?

I love Oprah's show....haven't been all that big on her book selections...lol. Some were fine others would not be my pick.

I think having Oprah's endorsement might get people to come out to events with Obama to see her and some will come to see him. I'm sure there will be some sway with voters who just like her and are fans, but serious voters will still weigh the candidates and issues.

Saying that, I bet every other Dem and Reb candidate only wishes Oprah would have come out publically to support them. Not one, on either side, could ever draw an audience that she can...lol

Post Re: Do you think Oprah's support wil get Obama lots of votes?

I think it's more meaningful that she hasn't chosen to endorse anyone until now. She's always been very clear that she wouldn't venture into political endorsements. The fact that she's willing to do so now says more to me than the actual endorsement.

Re: Do you think Oprah's support wil get Obama lots of votes?

They say what Oprah touches turns gold. I disagree. No offense to Oprah, or those that love her, she's a great woman and a great entrepreneur, a brand. I give her props for all the goodwill projects she involves herself with, but I don't necessarily think she's the reason Obama is rivaling Clinton.

Look at what happened in the 2004 election; Diddy, who is suppose to be the Oprah of the young generation (or somewhat), went full force in trying to get the young voters out there. There was so much hype about it, but it did not produce what they were hoping to produce.

Obama is a very strong candidate in himself and a fine man to be able to choose from. I don't think it is fair to suggest, and I don't think that it is in the candidate's best interest, that the only reason he is winning in the polls (or almost winning) is because of Oprah's endorsement. I am glad that we have a good list of candidates to choose from, on both sides of the fence. It will be hard to make a decision.

Re: Do you think Oprah's support wil get Obama lots of votes?

I'm more impressed with Caroline Kennedy's endorsement. She has never really been political, she has supported the Democratic Party but never endorsed anyone before. She brings the idea of the Kennedy "mystique" to Obama's campaign.