Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman not guilty.

Post Re: George Zimmerman not guilty.

And you have done the same thing with Zimmerman.
    Imposed your "I'm an expert at being a night watchman" views on his behavior, scrutinized his every move from his original call to the incident.
    Are we all supposed to think you are the expert on everything because you have "been a night watchman" and "gone to school with the Trayvon Martins of the world."
    I don't think so.
    If presenting an opposing view to yours is "crucifying" someone, that just goes to show how naive you are about the finer points of debating an issue.
    Which has been clear for a long time now.
    Continue on with your rants and raves.

Re: George Zimmerman not guilty.

What do I know about your personal life? Nothing. What things can I say from your life experiences that tells me you know about the subject at hand?
    What I know of you is that you're just another suburbanite hiding behind someone else's gun and legalistic definitions.
    I've seen you put out some rather naive statements yourself. Remember the "noone pays attention to the Westboro Baptist Church/Pat Robertson" comments?

I never said I was any sort of "expert", but I do draw from experience.
    The reason why I examine Zimmerman's actions is because HE is the one on trial, NOT Trayvon Martin. It saddens me that even in death, even now that the trial is over, Trayvon Martin is still on trial.

Catstrack and I are probably the few liberal voices around here, and/or advocating for the dead in this case.
    There are probably dozens of people that has had the Zimmerman evidence rammed down their throats and still believe Zimmerman is still at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by jolau View Post
    What I know of you is that you're just another suburbanite hiding behind someone else's gun and legalistic definitions.
    What a crass, judgmental comment.
    You know I live in the suburbs?
    How?
    I don't hide behind someone else's gun or legal definitions.
    I pay attention to the facts in a case and form my opinions based on those.
    Sorry if you don't like that, or if you feel it's your job to inform the world of how it should operate, based on your philosophies.
    Back when Big Easy and another poster were making nasty comments about you, I did my best to stick up for you, even though I don't agree with you.
    Now I'm sorry I did that.
    It seems as though you can be just as nasty and unable to listen to another opinion as they were.

Do I know where you live? I don't recall you mentioning it.
    At least we have a general idea of where Catstrack (Oklahoma), Minicooper(Portland), BigEasy (Texas), AlexC and Reines lived (Chicago) if memory serves me right.

But since we're talking about "facts" (and yes, I'm wandering off), I've probably posted all sorts of facts and figures that point to the Conservative Christian NRA/GOP-strangleheld South as the main reason why our country is being held back the way it is. All those facts show the Southern states in much worse condition than even the Conservative Midwest.
    Have you provided any facts to the contrary? Are you posting anything that suggest states like Mississippi and Louisiana are doing something right?
    The fact that these states are trying to pass laws that restrict the rights of women minorities and homosexuals tell me that the people are paying attention to the religious nutjobs in their church.
    Those facts tell me the South (including Florida) is a backwards pit.

I have never done anything even close to BigEasy or AlexC's level of nastiness. I have never used such vulgar language.
    You on the other hand seem to be declaring the rules around here.
    -No "wandering off". Even if you compare say, the media coverage of two trials, or link one (even remotely) related topic to another such as linking Gun Rights to Stand Your Ground to the apparent inactivity of the Gun Rights crowd when the government is clearly doing something oppressive (IE: Snowden/Manning).
    -Look at facts, but don't make up your own opinion to the contrary.
    -Maintain the one note of the rest of the people on this board have. (as Catstrack said) Be it, Obama being the worst president ever to how to properly view the evidence of the Zimmerman trial.
    -Pay no attention to small fringe groups (Especially of the Christian Anti-Gay/Anti-Abortion variety, but let's look at the Black Panthers or the Muslim Brotherhood).

Here's my rules:
    -If you are to "wander off", you must make the case that the sub-topic and the primary are somehow related. Comparisons between two topics (IE: two trials, how two cities conduct themselves) are also allowed.
    -You are allowed to have your opinions, but prepare for rebuttals. Facts can be rebutted as well.
    -Hate groups no matter what the size should be addressed when appropriate, you never know when or how their ideas will leak into the mainstream.

Reines did not live in Chicago... She was from upstate New York.

I agree with mtj re: your crass comment above...

If you want to wander from the subject of the post (IMO), start a new thread.

How is it that "facts" can be rebutted. Facts are facts... you cannot refute a fact (unless, of course, the fact was never a fact... ).
    MC

Cats and I have compared this trial to Steubenville, OJ Simpson, Michael Jackson, Casey Anthony, and Bradley Manning.
    Steubenville, OJ Simpson, and Michael Jackson had results opposite of what the media portrayed (or wanted).
    OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson were guilty as sin, but were "not guilty" in the court of law.

Or even asking how the George Zimmerman trial could generate so much (and yes, this three versus two conversation we have going is a factor, as well as one trying to set the rules while another trying to make up for being a member of the two opposing voices), but other topics get so little?
    Do people not care about the direction this country is going other than certain peoples' tendency to blame Obama for all of our problems despite other factors at work?

Gun control/rights including how "Stand Your Ground" is defined and how it came to being (IE: heavy sponsorship by the NRA, which means SYG tends to favor gun owners) are related.

How is that "wandering off"?

Facts are rebutted all the time, as well as people viewing the same facts and ending up with opposite opinions. Otherwise we wouldn't still have this ongoing debate over things like creationism vs evolution or how to educate children about sex. (And yes, I have actually witnessed a creationism vs evolution debate where facts were countered by other facts)

If someone wants to complain to this board's adminstrators about other peoples' behavior, that is their right to do so, and it is up to the board's adminstrators to decide what is to be done about them.
    This is the only board I'm active on and don't know if they actively participate on other boards, and I don't know how well they monitor this one. I wonder how come I haven't been banned myself if I have indeed reached BigEasy/AlexC levels of nastiness and vulgarity (even without intentonally doing so, but yes, MTJ and I have a tendency to frustrate each other) if they are monitoring this board? Also, shouldn't the moderators of this board set the rules, not one or two participants?

Oh for the 100th time, no one here is setting rules.
    I have suggested that people follow the basic guidelines of debate.
    That is not setting rules.
    Grow up.

Where does it say in the general guidelines of debate that one cannot compare two (or more) trials when discussing the George Zimmerman trial?
    Where does it say in the general guidelines of debate that one cannot question influences of organizations such as the National Rifle Association in gun/self defense laws when discussing the George Zimmerman trial?
    Where does it say in the general guidelines of debate that when examining the facts, two or more people cannot still have opposing views of the same facts as a result?