Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman not guilty.

Post Re: George Zimmerman not guilty.

Once again, jolau, you need to "actually" inform yourself of the evidence presented at trial. You seem to have not done this... still...

Your arguments are based upon speculation and, also, your speculation contradicts trial evidence that the jury used to render their verdict.
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by minicooper View Post
    Once again, jolau, you need to "actually" inform yourself of the evidence presented at trial. You seem to have not done this... still...
    Oh gee, forgive me for not prioritizing the George Zimmerman trial in my life and not gluing myself to FOX News' gavel-to-gavel coverage during work/commute hours, and focusing my energies on things I thought were more important, like rights for women minorities and homosexuals and speaking out against the things that have really corrupted our country and government, like Corporate America, Ayn Rand, the Christian Right, and the NRA.
    Last edited by jolau; 8.3.13 at 6:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jolau View Post
    Oh gee, forgive me for not prioritizing the George Zimmerman trial in my life and not gluing myself to FOX News' gavel-to-gavel coverage during work/commute hours
    No one suggested you do any of those things.
    However, it would be nice for you to become informed with the FACTS on a subject before you go spouting off on it over and over again.

Re: George Zimmerman not guilty.

I might as well have. Why is it this trial, this topic generating this much controversy on this board and elsewhere?
    Why not the Bradley Manning trial or the Steubenville Rapist trial? Why is it an altercation between two random people generating this much but the deliberate actions of one or two people generating so little? Either one of these could have been seen as more important than the Zimmerman trial. Especially Bradley Manning.
    Would this have made national interest if they were both white, both black, or if some other factor were reversed?

I'm sure that even if I were presented with all of this evidence, my question would still be, was what George Zimmerman did professional? The answer would still be NO.
    His duty was to avoid confrontation, not chase after people.
    If he had saw the need to make sure someone was watched, do it discreetly.
    If he did have to confront someone, make sure they know for certain that he's security/nightwatch as well as made them know he wasn't a threat to them.
    Keep in mind this comes from my experience doing security work.

Quote Originally Posted by jolau View Post
    Why is it this trial, this topic generating this much controversy on this board and elsewhere?
    I don't know, you figure it out.
    45 posts on this board and 26 of them are yours.

Because I am responding to comments from three people who have all but crucified a dead teenager whose troubled home/school life had nothing to do with the trial of the man who killed him, in a state where the National Rifle Association has redefined "Self Defense" for its own personal gain, and an incident of which the Ku Klux Klan and other white supremacist groups are wishing to repeat by forming their own "night watches".

I've posted all sorts of other topics, and almost nothing.

Well that is really sad.
    No one, I repeat, no one "crucified" a dead teenager.
    Expressing a difference of opinion on this case is not doing that.
    But you are always right, Jolau.
    In your own mind, at least.
    None of us need to post anything in response to your almighty opinions.

Please! You and Kathy have scrutinized so much of Trayvon Martin's life. His grades, schoolyard fights, marijuana use, having to switch what parent he lives with, to you it must mean he's a violent thug.

How is that "not crucifying" him?

I've probably gone to school or worked with more of the "Trayvon Martins" of this world. I realize people like that may have had such problems earlier in life but many of them grow up and realize the error of their ways and try to improve themselves. Trayon was denied that chance.