Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman not guilty.

Post Re: George Zimmerman not guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Catstrack View Post
    Good grief... so to be a good egg on this board has to agree with your's or someone else's one note, Mtj?

Debate should be a back and forth? No reason to be mad at anyone for posting their opinons on an opinion board. IMHO :-)
    Anyone notice this: She and Kathy have gone all out about Trayvon Martin's grades, behavior, and other problems going on in his life. All these problems to them point to a violent angry individual and future criminal, and in their eyes he already was a criminal.

When I ask about how the media treated the Steubenville rapists in comparison, they clam up. Total silence.

I did not reply to your Stuebenville rapists comment because (as usual) it has nothing to do with this discussion.

Re: George Zimmerman not guilty.

The Steubenville rapists are around the same age, and had almost the opposite lives as Trayvon, but were convicted of rape. Their lives were in comparison was perfect. You and Kathy are more than willing to say all sorts of nasty things about what was going on in Trayvon's life, but nothing is said about the Steubenville rapists. You haven't even said anything about the media's treatment of those two boys, and I don't recall you say anything about this even if the topic was brought up separately from this one.

As someone that both went to an inner-city high school and a child of parents who eventually divorced, I can tell you this: Trayvon's life was normal considering his circumstances. Fights, drug use, bad grades, even having to switch which parent he has to live with because of his failures in school. (Guess what, I did that too due to bad grades.)
    You see a potential criminal, I see a mischievous teenager that could have wised up sometime in the future, but that chance was taken away from him.

And no, George Zimmerman's life wasn't perfect either.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...relevant-past/

Keep in mind, I do a lot of comparisons on this board.

What is Detroit (liberal, bankrupt) doing wrong and what is San Francisco (liberal, prospering) doing right?
    What is Louisiana/Mississippi (conservative, dirt poor) doing wrong and what are California (liberal, prospering) and Utah (conservative, prospering) doing right?

The media's attitudes (including the media from which all of Trayvon's problems are located) towards Trayvon Martin vs the media's attitude towards the Steubenville Rapists. Comparing the two doesn't mean I'm "wandering off" or it has "nothing to do with Trayvon/Zimmerman".
    You have one person who had a troubled personal life, but is treated like a criminal.
    You have two people who had almost perfect lives, but are convicted criminals.
    I think comparing the two has much to do with each other. Considering the attitudes of certain media outlets have towards them, and the attitudes of people on this board have towards them. Even how the courts treated them has much to do with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Catstrack View Post
    Good grief... so to be a good egg on this board has to agree with your's or someone else's one note, Mtj?

Debate should be a back and forth? No reason to be mad at anyone for posting their opinons on an opinion board. IMHO :-)
    Apparently we're not allowed to compare how certain media outlets cover two separate trials either.

What about the fact that Martin beat the crap out of Zimmerman before Zimmerman shot Martin in self-defense (which was upheld by a jury trial).
    You people who see this as a travesty always fail to address that issue.

Are we talking about the same George Zimmerman that called 911 46 times to report suspicious activity then made the decision to take matters in his own hands and then proceed to chase after the "suspicious person" despite being told not to in call #45/46?

If he were any sort of professional, he would have known he had to follow the instructions of law enforcement, as well as known that he would have had to exhaust every means of avoiding conflict before using his gun. Even if it meant staying in the car or even talking Trayvon down. Trayvon as an unarmed individual had more of a right to self defense (including beating the crap out of his attacker) if his attacker had a gun.
    How many times do I have to tell you that?

George Zimmerman was not a professional, he's a vigilante.