Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman not guilty.

Post Re: George Zimmerman not guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by mtj View Post
    No Jolau, nothing matters to you but your own opinion.
    Not the law, not the over riding public opinion.
    Your opinion is the only one you find valid.
    Perhaps more people donated to Zimmerman than to the Martins because more people supported Zimmerman in this altercation.
    Lots of things don't seem to matter to you, but then you turn around and cry "unfair".
    Whether or not the law is unjust does not seem to matter to you, but apparently it matters to you if the media is covering a trial the way you see fit and you cry unfair.
    Whether or not people pay attention to religious or white supremacist nut-jobs does not seem to matter to you, but apparently it matters to you if they are black supremacists and you cry unfair.

Perhaps more people donated to Zimmerman because those who supported the Martins did not see the need to do so, considering the Martins were in no need of legal counsel of that nature. Or maybe they didn't ask for money to begin with.

Again, your tunnel vision.
    I have not cried "unfair" here.
    I just state my opinion on things.
    And now we will return you to the
    "Jolau Is Right And Everyone Else Is Wrong" board.
    I'm outta here.

Again, you don't understand the law.
    The evidence of Zimmerman's injuries is the evidence in question.
    That evidence clearly indicates that the man was beaten and acted in self-defense.
    But you are probably one of those odd folks who thinks Zimmerman inflicted those injuries on himself.
    Must be nice living in your little pink bubble.
    Maybe all of those injuries Zimmerman got were because Trayvon Martin was AFRAID OF GETTING SHOT. And if YOU were in a position where you were being assaulted by SOMEONE WITH A GUN IN A DARKENED ENVIRONMENT WITH FEW OR NO WITNESSES, you would be pounding your attacker into concrete too.

Who's living in the pink bubble again?

Again, your tunnel vision.
    I have not cried "unfair" here.
    I just state my opinion on things.
    And now we will return you to the
    "Jolau Is Right And Everyone Else Is Wrong" board.
    I'm outta here.
    This sounds like crying unfair.

And yet with all that biased coverage, with all the media posted pictures of Martin as a 10-year-old child,
    As does this.

Or are you only concerned with the white supremacists?
    You'll be back. Might be a while, and you might come back just to complain and try to shut me up, but you will still return somehow.

There are murders all around the country, every day, that are hate crimes based on racism.
    We don't hear about them because the media does not give them the biased coverage that the media gave this trial.
    Another statistic to dispute this claim, and perhaps a reason why we don't hear about them.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07...r-ground-laws/

Oh Facebook, why do you make things so convenient?

Enjoy the board all about you and Cats, spouting your one note thoughts on things.
    It seems that you like it that way.

Enjoy the board all about you and Cats, spouting your one note thoughts on things.
    It seems that you like it that way.

Good grief... so to be a good egg on this board has to agree with your's or someone else's one note, Mtj?

Debate should be a back and forth? No reason to be mad at anyone for posting their opinons on an opinion board. IMHO :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Coffenut View Post
    Zimmermann is a murderer in my book. He was a nobody not even a security guard. He was told to leave the kid alone yet he was too important to himself to listen, That kid could still be alive if Zimmermann wasn't such an idiot. Now a young man is dead and the guy who murdered him is free. Happens way too often in this country.
    The last I heard Jesse Jackson was calling for people to stay peaceful and calm during this. I think black moms have such a hard job raising boys. There is gangs who try to recruit them and there are people who see a young black man and assume they are gang members. Dangerous times for all of them. Until this country gets over their prejudice nothing will change.
    I am sick and tired of gun toting morons who shout'It's our right to have guns" and have no idea how to safely use one.
    I agree, Coffeenut. Also, as to Zimmerman...adjudicated as not guilty does not mean innocent.

When someone is walking home, let alone someone just 2 weeks after a 16th birthday... doing no harm to anyone, can be approached by a stranger armed with a gun (who profiles him) and somehow the kid is in the wrong to stand up to them to protect themselves and is killed. It becomes a more scary world than what it already is for teens of color.

I would doubt that if Zimmerman was not armed , he would have stayed in the car and waited for police.

Stand your ground laws should be done away with. Already self-defense in on all state's books.