Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi (sorry, long post)

Post Hi (sorry, long post)

Thought I'd try to stop in and say hi. I guess I should apologize for falling off the face of the earth, but things got insane last spring and I needed to get back to work for a while. We refinished the basement, among other stuff... and it just was really busy through the fall with getting things done around the house- plus kids, plus 2 businesses... you get the picture.
    Matt and Lindsey are both at a private Catholic school now. Matt is in the early 5s preschool and will be in kindergarten next year. Lindsey is in 3 year preschool- so they are just a year apart in school. Matt just missed the cutoff for kindergarten by a few weeks... There were a lot of kids in the same situation at his school and I haven't met one that chose to make their kids skip a year- they are all in the early 5s class.

Matt is doing really well since last year, he's changed a lot. Other than having to do about 6 months of speech therapy when he was in his twos, he hasn't had any issues. Actually he is considerably ahead at this point because he's reading and doing math and writing full sentences, etc. We got a bit of a surprise this year because his teacher said he will probably qualify for their gifted program next year. Evidently the program director already has her eye on him, because of his early reading and writing abilities. She said he's at the level of about an average third grader already. Now I've never tooted any horns about my kids, so I hope you'll put up with me sharing- but I am really proud of him right now. I knew he could read because he's been reading books out loud since he was three, and I knew he could write well because he started writing stories before he was 4, with illustrations... but still at the parent conference, I kept going "are you sure you're talking about MY kid? He couldn't talk well until he was almost three." And my husband was hitting my leg and telling me to shut up.
    Lindsey is not as fast as Matt with picking up the reading, but she's doing pretty well and can write her name and stuff like that. She's very social and a little on the bossy side, but she's cute.
    Lindsey's still doing dancing and Matt is in soccer and martial arts now. Its pretty busy. I'm still an eBay seller and trader, but I am ramping down my other home business. I recreated my resume last week and we're looking at me taking in a kid or two until Lindsey is in full day program at school (2 more years) and then I'll probably go back to work.
    I got a note from Becky yesterday so I decided to stop over here- everything is different, I had to register again. Its very different now.
    My big news today is that Lindsey is getting a big girl bed delivered today after school. She's been sleeping on a crib mattress on the floor for about 6 months, so I'm excited... I'll attach a link of the picture of her bed. Its cute. A bit over the top, but she loves it and I'm happy to make her happy.
    Here's the link if you're curious to see the bed..... hoping to get back in touch and forgive me for being gone so long, but its easier now that Lindsey is done toilet training, etc. etc. etc... and I'm pretty much out of the mommy trench these days. Its a lot easier.
    Debby

http://www.theroomplace.com/common/product/ProductInfo.aspx?itemid=199191&ChildId=199191&xs=4 8584c1adb6-b768-470a-a2f4-e35b692cc3b8
    Lindsey's New Bed

Post Re: Hi (sorry, long post)

Hi Deb,it's so good to see you here. I saw Becky on the pier and asked her if she had any contact with you. I really missed ya,we all missed you.
    Now about Matt,that is so wonderful. You know he is going to achieve great things in life. What a wonderful smart little boy. And Lindsey sounds very smart too. You have every right to be proud. I like Lindsey's bed. I would love to sleep in that and feel like a princess.Lol .Sounds like you have been very busy. Anyways I am happy to see you here and hope to see you around more often.Hugs!

Thanks coffenut, how are your little ones doing? Hope all is well and you're getting ready for the holidays.

Long post but short is we're doing fine. I don't post much on the computer anymore because we're just too busy lately. Life is good.

I miss you guys though and wish you all well. Would love to hear what you are up to. Best wishes and I'm sure I'll try to check in- but honestly I'm not on the computer much these days. Bed was delivered and I'm back upstairs to get some bedding on it now. The kids want to jump on it. Oy.

Happy Thursday....

hi Paulina,
    I can understand that you don't have much time for the computer. With two young kids it's understandable. Just pop in whenever you get a chance.
    My ' little ones ' are fine. They are not so little anymore.Lol my daughter is a Junior in college . It's only her second year but because of the college prep school she went to she has enough credits to be a Junior. My youngest son is a sophmore in high school and loving it. My grandson is in pre school now and really enjoys it. He got in trouble in the beginning because he wouldn't stop talking.And I can believe that,he is a little talker and doesn't like to be told to be quiet.Lol .But he is doing fine now and likes it.
    Looking forward to seeing you pop in when you have time. have a great day!

Well gollie girl.....we wondered if you were ever going to come back. We can all relate about being busy...We are so happy you decided to post again. For sometime there we were all worried, glad you are all doing so well!!
    Such wonderful news about your kids too. Toot your own horn girl you are a great parent!
    Kelsey was in the gifted program as well. We found it very good for her to have those types of challenges.Kelsey participated in the gifted programs til about Jr high and then felt she would be better suited taking other classes. We never pushed her, letting her decide if it was right for her. I truthfully thought she never saw herself as smart... go figure
    I am glad that you got thru the potty training...Man that can really test ones patience and will power huh?? LOL
    We are doing good here. Kelsey is in her freshman year of college here..already looking to get into a different college AWAY from home for next year. I will be sad but it needs to be done..She will never grow up living at home.
    Thomas will be 13 on Monday! one teen leaving and PUFF another rears it's ugly head again..LOL JK JK JK
    He has been very moody and lovable all in the same moment..Hard to figure it out...seems easier than his sister right now though....
    Work continues to challenge me...had to close 2 days this week...8 kids ended up with pink eye..including me!
    Well I need to run into town and get a few groceries...Thomas wants lasagan for supper...I am sick too, I should be resting...but you know how that goes!
    Glad you are back!

Re: Hi (sorry, long post)

Paulina..so good to see you posting again! We have all missed you!!! You can toot your own horn about your children any day!! Bright children indeed..and something to be proud of!! The bed is sooo cute too..saw the link. Me and my family are doing fine. I am so excited, because our son who lives in NYC said he has already purchased his plane ticket home for Christmas!!! Yay!! We went to see him back in August...and had a great time. And in October, Hubby and I went to Ohio..to see his mom and dad, brother and sister, and families in October, and Patrick flew in for the weekend. So I know he misses family..yet, he loves the Big Apple and doing well, and loves his job. So if he's happy..I'm happy. And Jill our daughter lives very close to home..on the same street! They bought a house (got a great deal) two years ago right close to us..so I can see the grandsons anytime! I'd hate if they lived far away. I'm still working at Wal-mart..but only working 4 days a week...I'm officially part time. LOL So good to hear from you, and hope you can come back more often!

Sincere huge thank you for the welcome back.
    racemom, hope you're feeling better... loved hearing your news of your kids. Kelsey's ready to go to school away huh? Wow... Ok I guess there is time to get ready for that... thats so huge though. And Thomas is a TEENAGER?? When did you start caring for 8 kids? When do you sleep? And you still have time to make lasagna? I think there must be something wrong with me because seriously just 2 kids wear me out right now. I'm finally looking into watching a couple kids so I may have some questions when I get there... Eight?? OK I can't even imagine that...

dragonmom, so excited your son is coming home for Christmas! It sounds like he is really doing well in New York, you must feel really proud of him. I am glad that your daughter lives so close though... that is really nice to see the grandkids. It sounds like you've been doing a little travel, which is great. I love Walmart. You know I went to school in Columbia Missouri (Sam Walton and his family walk on water there)... anyway I certainly spend enough time shopping there- I think I know most of the cashiers by name now. Honestly if you can't buy it at Walmart, you probably don't need it.
    Lindsey loves her new bed. Its before we got the bedding on. She went to sleep easy tonight. Ahhhhh! Usually its a big ordeal.
    p.s. Happy Friday!!!!!! (by the time you read this I bet it will be the weekend)...

Re: Hi (sorry, long post)

Oh..so nice to see you reply again, Paulina. I hope you get to post in here more often now. All of us have been wondering where you've been hiding..ha ha. But I know life gets busy, and with two little ones...yes, very busy! Glad Lindsey is enjoying her new bed..how neat! Oh yes..Wally World...they have it all. We have the "regulars" that come in it seems like once a day..or every other day at least, and some look just for me to wait on them! Most people are a joy, but there are times you get a butt head in the bunch..grrr. Same goes for some I work with too...but I've been there 9 years now, and I have formed some great friendships with some of them! Well..I'm off to bed soon..I go in early tomorrow morning. Take care everyone..and see you around Friday or Saturday.