Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Post Re: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

I am now leaving all this to the courts and what evidence they have to interpret in the coming days. If Zimmermann has no fault in this, the jury will decide.

Opinions are always interesting as to how we all think about a case, but the ultimate court is a judicial one and we'll see how it plays out.

I am guilty of thinking too much about the life taken that was, IMHO, without reasonable cause.

All we can really do is wait and see what evidence is brought during the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Catstrack View Post
    I am guilty of thinking too much about the life taken that was, IMHO, without reasonable cause.
    Reasonable cause is what the court will decide.
    What baffles me is how people have come to the conclusion that there was none.
    All the evidence I have read so far, indicates that the injuries to Zimmerman attest to the fact that he (Zimmerman) was assaulted.
    And yet people keep opining on this like it's about some innocent child who did nothing and was murdered in cold blood.

Quote Originally Posted by mtj View Post
    All the evidence I have read so far, indicates that the injuries to Zimmerman attest to the fact that he (Zimmerman) was assaulted.
    And yet people keep opining on this like it's about some innocent child who did nothing and was murdered in cold blood.

Exactly Mtj. And now the evidence dump shows that there was peer pressure by African American police officers or invenstigators to arrest Zimmerman. One, who apparently, was a friend of Tracy Martin, Trayvon's father.

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/7/13/52419/3858
    MC

Re: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

I will be SHOCKED if Zimmerman is convicted of anything. My opinion is that Angela Corey overcharged for political reasons and due to public pressure based on untruths presented in the media. Why did she opt to not let a grand jury decide if the case should go to trial? Likely because the grand jury would have thrown the case out due to lack of evidence. All evidence released thus far puts the ball clearly in Zimmerman's court of his self-defense claim.
    MC

The scary thing about this is that people believe what the media tells them, not the facts.
    EVEN AFTER THE MEDIA RETRACTED THEIR ORIGINAL STORY AND FIRED REPORTERS OVER IT.
    How can anyone get a fair trial when public opinion is so easily swayed?
    And yes, public opinion matters, because the jury is made up of the public.

That will be the question and if the prosecution can prove an assault on Zimmerman took place OR if someone walking back to his dad's apartment attacked what he may have perceived an armed attacker. It makes no difference what the media has said or did not say.

It's up to a jury or judge to decide and many in the media on each side, pro and con, have acted and spouted opinions as evidence, as if they have witnessed the incident in person.

Not one blogger, website, or anyone else knows exactly what happened and could stand in testiment of the "facts".

So, if we have all decided to be fair... maybe we should wait for the acutal facts. Perhaps we'll all be surprised.

The scary thing about this is that people believe what the media tells them, not the facts.
    EVEN AFTER THE MEDIA RETRACTED THEIR ORIGINAL STORY AND FIRED REPORTERS OVER IT.
    How can anyone get a fair trial when public opinion is so easily swayed?
    And yes, public opinion matters, because the jury is made up of the public.
    Public opinion has little to do with a trial and who is selected via vior dire for a jury. Sure, some will have an opinion, but that's up to the prosecution and defense to weed out those who are unable to be fair.

Case in point...Casey Anthony. I thought she was guilty as heck, but the jury ...even with the huge media case it was, could not find connective evidence that she murdered her daughter. A jury should not convict on simple speculation.

Therefore, high profile cases in the media do not necessarily predict the outcome of a juried trial, so I would not worry about that too much with this one.

The prosecution has the responsibility of proving the elements of the crime beyond a reasonable doubt. That is why the Casey Anthony jury failed to convict. The prosecution failed to come up with enough evidence to take the jury "beyond reasonable doubt".
    When self-defense is claimed, there is some burden of proof on the defense, to prove that self-defense was necessary. Given the documented injuries to Zimmerman, I doubt that will be difficult for the defense.
    I can almost guarantee you that no matter how this trial turns out, people will still go around screaming that an "innocent" was murdered.
    This unfortunate set of circumstances has been turned into a race issue, and that is what it will remain, in my opinion.