Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Re: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

I agree with this as well (it is unfortunate).

I feel like racial tensions have only been exacerbated of late.
    MC

Post Re: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Attorney's are asking for donations for the mil dollar bond.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...donations?lite

This does seem to be divided upon racial lines (NOT SAYING THIS ABOUT ANY POSTS, to be clear). I can't help but wonder if this was some white kid, walking home after going to the store... would Zimmermann even have thought to trail him?

The whole problem with this story is a person carrying a gun who probably should not have...on a neighborhood patrol! I do not see how anyone can get to point A to point B, where it's justified in this instance NOT to stand back and wait for the police .

Zimmermann really has no defense, but we'll see.

Zimmerman has a great case for self-defense as the law stands in Florida. Cats, you should read Talk Left.. Jeralyn's analysis of the case from a defense lawyer's perspective. It is all about the actual law and not the media's biased interpretation.

Also, Zimmerman was not on neighborhood watch duty when this occurred, he was on his way to the store, legally carrying his gun (personally I am not for concealed carry, but nonetheless, he was not breaking a law). Your question about if Martin had been white will never be known, but I find that type of question to be a bit off-putting. This is one reason race relations are so troubled in this country.

Also, your argument about Zimmerman not waiting for the police was a bit difficult as the dispatcher asked Zimmerman to keep an eye on Martin, let them know if he did anything else, etc.. and only stated we do not need you to follow after Zimmerman was already out of the car.
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by Catstrack View Post
    I can't help but wonder if this was some white kid, walking home after going to the store... would Zimmermann even have thought to trail him?
    Why is Martin's race a factor in all this?
    Zimmerman saw a suspicious person.
    What difference does his race make?
    The neighborhood in question had a history of recent robberies.
    I'm sure people were hypersensitive to anyone who looked suspicious.

Race is always an issue in cases where an innocent person is killed and the killer is not... or vice versa. It's a subect that will always be brought up into a court hearing.

The bottom line is that an innocent person died...and this is what happens when an individual takes upon themselves to act as a law enforcement person.

Pundits can speculate all they want about what happened or didn't...they don't know and I don't know. What I do know is that, regardless of how laws are written and who they protect...

someone who was innocent was killed.

Mini: "Also, your argument about Zimmerman not waiting for the police was a bit difficult as the dispatcher asked Zimmerman to keep an eye on Martin, let them know if he did anything else, etc.. and only stated we do not need you to follow after Zimmerman was already out of the car."

That quote is the key to this. Keeping an eye on someone and following the dispatcher's guide about not following are different things.

One can observe from a distance without engaging or confrontation. That will be Zimmermann's downfall in this case, I predict.

Ultimately, suspicion is not cause. Perhaps if Trevon saw Zimmermann as an attacker and fought him...Zimmernann could have used deadly force to protect himself and would be jusitifed...

but what if he just hung back as the dispatcher said and he wouldn't be looking at a murder trial and Trev would still be alive.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this.
    I still think that we would not be discussing it/even know about it if the race card hadn't been played, and played big.
    The issues to be determined are to be determined in a court of law.
    Although how that can happen fairly, with all of the media hoo-hah about this is beyond me.

Cats.. There is NO evidence to suggest that Zimmerman did not hang back. No evidence to suggest he continued to follow after being told he did not need to do so. I really do not know what you are basing your assumptions on... certainly not the evidence released. All evidence thus far indicates Zimmerman was attacked by Martin. True there was a new evidence dump today and I am still perusing this... But before this evidence dump... there was no proof that Zimmerman did not hang back (your words). You are basing your opinion on misleading media reports that are opinions of reporters... not proof of anything.
    MC

The latest research on this case indicates that race was not a factor in the shooting.

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news...e_to_give.html