Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Post Re: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

From Cats above:
    Here is the 911 transcript and is the only evidence that is really known. (snip)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9A-gp8mrdw

(snip)
    As the recorded 911 phone call is... The dispatcher did tell Zimmermann to wait for the police (listen to the file), which, unless one is being attacked should do. And not to approach a subject, who they decide is up to no good.

end of Cat's quote __________________________________________________ __________________

Cats.. Listen to Zimmerman call to the dispatcher at several key points (see below). And you are wrong.. The dispatcher did not state what you are stating and you are misunderstanding when things occurred. There is NO evidence at this time that Zimmerman pursued Martin after the dispatcher stated he "Did not NEED to do that", something the dispatcher stated AFTER he had already asked Zimmerman to let him know if Martin did anything else and after Zimmerman had already exited his truck. Listen yourself and see if what I have documented below is not true.

1. Around 1:27, the dispatcher tells Zimmerman to let him know if he (Martin) does anything... then the dispatcher states police are on their way.. and then again at 1:32, just let me know if this guy does anything else.
    2. At about 2:08, Zimmerman stated that he (Martin) is running, and the dispatcher asks Zimmerman which way he is running. Then you can hear sounds and a door shut about 2:14.. Zimmerman is now out of the truck and trying to see where Martin is going (likely as the dispatcher asked him to let them know if Martin did anything else, and asked which way Martin was running). More questions from the dispatcher... which entrance is he running towards... Zimmerman replies the back entrance. At this time you can hear that Zimmerman's breathing has increased as he is trying to follow Martin (but the dispatcher was asking him questions and at no point at this time had the dispatcher asked Zimmerman to stay in his car or to not follow).
    3. 2:25... The dispatcher asks if Zimmerman is following and Zimmerman says yes... the dispatcher states we "OK, We don't need you to do that". Zimmerman states OK... then is asked his name, he replies George, (he states he ran), then his (Zimmerman's) breathing begins to subside as he answers more questions.. last name, phone number... The dispatcher asks if Zimmerman wants to meet with the officer and Zimmerman says yes. There is discussion about where to meet, etc. Where he lives, etc., Zimmerman states he does not know the address that he is currently at... the whole rest of the conversation, where Zimmerman is clearly not following as you can tell by his breathing, lasts between 2:25 and the disconnect at about 4:10.

I will state again what I said above re: Sharpton. You claim "What does it matter what Sharpton thinks?" You do realize he caused a national media storm by presenting on national television untruths that many still believe (not just on MSNBC as all networks were covering this story) .
    Last edited by minicooper; 6.11.12 at 2:57 PM.
    MC

You know, it just astounds me that people can listen to this tape and still think that Zimmerman aggressively pursued Martin.

Re: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

I agree. We do not have evidence at this time of what happened between the end of Zimmerman's call to the dispatcher and the time that Trayvon Martin was killed, except for the forensics and the witness accounts (some verbal, some visual). In discovery that has been released, there is also evidence of Zimmerman's injuries.

At this point I think it will come down to remaining evidence, Zimmerman's statements taken that night and the following day, any credibility issues, etc.

But to claim that someone is guilty before all evidence has been released and a trial has occurred (if the case is not dismissed beforehand, which I doubt), well, just wrong in my opinion.
    MC

Ok.so sorry, but I do not understand what part of when the dispatcher told Mr. Zimmermann after following him and he was told "We don't need you to do that" That's the quote, sorry..that is the evidence.

Who would ignore advice when they already knew police where in on their way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9A-gp8mrdw

Beforehand, on the audio Mr Zimmermann says something about maybe the person he's persuing may be on drugs, or something. He didn't know... he assumed that and may have hyped himself up to continue following maybe..who knows.

"the whole rest of the conversation, where Zimmerman is clearly not following as you can tell by his breathing, lasts between 2:25 and the disconnect at about 4:10"

if that was true and Zimemrman had followed the advice of the police..waited for them at the appointed site to let them handle it...then none of this would be an issue.

What happened is that it could be anyone's kid walking back home from a trip to the store in the evening when a HOA or community has allowed non-sacntioned private armed patrol person to take on the duties of the police.

If Zimmermann had waited as he was told... he wouldnt be in jail and the boy wouldn't be dead.

As to the kid attacking him, which we don't know if that happened or not... but, I would be worried if I saw someone following me and not knowing why they were and would be afraid too as to why they were.

Lets look at it from the other perpective...what did Trayvon Martin do wrong?

Went to the store, unarmed, to buy candy and a drink...walking back to where he was staying the night with his dad and his fiancee.

Approched by someone he did not know who (maybe he did not know at the time) turned out was armed.

If this was your kid and someone was following them would you be surprised that your child felt theatened?

If they pursued your teenage kid what would you think they might do? Run or if the person they didn't know was getting too close in their personal space...fight back?

Speaking of guilt...some in the media have turned focus on the one person who can't speak as to what happened ad never will.

Zimmermann could have waited and is exactly what he should have done. This will become evident in the days to come as to trial, IMHO

At 6 ft tall, 160 pounds, Martin was the size of a grown man.
    The "candy and a soda" thing has been beat into the ground, an obvious attempt to portray him as an innocent.
    As are the constant pictures of him at age 13 instead of age 17.
    The fact is, Zimmerman perceived him to be suspicious looking adult in a neighborhood that had been plagued by burglaries and phoned the police to report that fact.
    Whether or not Zimmerman "should" have pursued him is a moot point.
    He did.
    What happened after that is up to the courts to decide.
    Not the media, and certainly not the public, who are opining about what happened without benefit of ANY of the REAL evidence.

Re: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Exactly mtj... The reality is that at this time we have no knowledge of what really happened. There is no evidence presented thus far that proves that Zimmerman continued to follow or who initiated the altercation.

There is evidence showing Zimmerman sustained a beating of sorts. There is evidence that Martin was shot from fairly close range (intermediate range which can be as close as a few inches), and there are witnesses that claimed Martin was on top of Zimmerman before the shot. There is no evidence presented to the public yet that proves who was yelling for help (all is inconclusive thus far. Martin's father stated initially it was not Trayvon yelling for help, Martin's mother stated it was, Zimmerman's father stated it was Zimmerman, and the FBI has concluded that voice analysis is inconclusive... this was stated in testimony at the Arthur hearing for bond by one of the lead investigators working with the prosecution).

There will soon be another huge dump of discovery released and this should include Zimmerman's statements. The next round may very well show more proof of Zimmerman's guilt, but the discovery released thus far clearly does not.

I tend to be very analytical about things. In my opinion, too many people are judging Zimmermans guilt based upon an emotional response and assuming what happened when the evidence released thus far does not prove any such things.

Unfortunately for those judging with their emotions, the law does not necessarily work that way (at least it and a jury is not supposed to do so). They are to weigh the evidence and determine if the prosecution proved, beyond a reasonable doubt, someone's guilt of a crime. Our legal system is not about proving one's innocence, it is the burden of the state to prove one's guilt. It is not about assuming what might have happened based upon an emotional response. In addition, it is not the job of a prosecutor to seek justice for a victim (as Angela Corey has been doing). It is the prosecution's job to seek justice for ALL, and this, unfortunately for many, includes George Zimmerman.
    MC

People are judging this based on media spin.
    The poor "little boy" went out for "candy and a soda" and the big, bad, prejudiced man killed him without cause.
    Please.
    If the victim in this case had been white, we would not even be discussing it because no one would have heard anything about it.