Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Post Re: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Hi Mtj --

Only some of the media has recanted improper statements. With the exception of NBC correcting their "edited" version of Zimmerman's call to the non-emergency police dispatcher, they and MSNBC have recanted little, if anything, else. In fact, they have been remarkably silent about the Martin case since the first bit of discovery was released. Even Al Sharpton has been hush about it. MSNBC only reports something when it is negative for Zimmerman (as in the recent questions about the paypal account).

I posted earlier in a separate string the many untruths I have heard from the media and much is still being repeated on blogs and some news stories (some of what Cats stated above for instance). I will find it and re-post. The other very offensive thing happening is the stuff continually being thrown out as fact by Benjamin Crump and his team representing the Martin family. This team of lawyers is not part of the case. They represent the victim's family who is not on trial. Only Zimmerman's defense and the prosecution are part of this case. Crump and team have been and continue to hype the media frenzy. It is disgusting. Their only intention is to discredit Zimmerman and their statements continue to possibly taint any jury that may be selected in this case.

There is much discovery to still be released and perhaps a trial if the case gets that far, but to report as fact things that are as yet unknown, or clearly untrue... just irresponsible in my book.
    MC

Re: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Here are some things that came straight from Al Sharpton's mouth and MSNBC and other networks kept repeating after they were proven to be false:

1. George Zimmerman did not live in the gated community... so he had no right to be there, but Trayvon Martin did, therefore Trayvon Martin was the only one that could claim stand your ground. This is blatantly false. Zimmerman did live there with his wife and Trayvon was visiting, so they both had rights to be in the gated community.

2. The police did not notify Trayvon's father of Trayvon's death for 3 days. This is blatantly false. Trayvon's father returned home the night he was killed to find Trayvon missing, but assumed he had gone to a movie so went to sleep. The next morning, when Trayvon was still not home, he called the police and the police immediately came to his townhouse with a chaplain to convey the news of Trayvon's death. Trayvon did not have any ID, but they did have his cell phone... which might have enabled the police to notify the parents the night before. Nonetheless, this did not happen, but Al Sharpton's version was a flat out lie. The reality is that Trayvon's body remained at the morgue for three days while the autopsy was completed... then the body was transferred to the funeral home near Miami. (Note, since I initially posted this, the discovery evidence has statements to the effect that by the time Martin's phone was discovered, the battery was dead, and that night they were unable to access it due to password issues once they were able to charge it. Over the next few days, after Martin had been identified, they attempted to get the password from T-Mobile and Martin's father (Tracy), but Martin's father would not provide it and there were other issues with T-Mobile releasing the info in the initial few days following Martin's death. This may result in poor police-work or not, will have to see how it plays out in court. It may have resulted in the police not contacting DeeDee (Trayvon Martin's friend whom he was on the phone with that night) before Benjamin Crump, the Martin family's attorney reached and interviewed her. Note, this also represents another falsehood from team Crump. They claimed DeeDee was Trayvon's girlfriend but according to her interview with the state prosecutor de la Rionda, this was not true (they were getting there she stated). Not a big deal except that Crump made the relationship to be a much bigger issue than it was

3. Zimmerman was never brought in for questioning that night, never had his clothes taken, never had his gun taken, and was never drug tested I believe that Zimmerman was not drug tested, but the rest is untrue. The police Dept has stated that they did take these items and there is the video surveillance tape showing Martin being brought in for questioning.

4. The first States Attorney assigned to the case had no plans to arrest Zimmerman, ever. This is unclear as there was a grand jury set to be convened and decide whether or not Zimmerman would be arrested.

5. Recently I have read many people state that no one ever stated that Zimmerman shot Martin in Cold Blood... Well, here is a link where Crump, Martin family attorney, states exactly this (and refers to Martin as a little minority child):http://videos.mediaite.com/video/Al-...rviews-Trayvon

6. Al Sharpton now, since the arrest, continues to claim that he has never advocated violence... yet here is a video of one of his rallies where the crowd and Sharpton are yelling "No Justice, No Peace"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56t44LycY5Y

7. Here is a link to Sharpton on Morning Joe... and what was stated that morning about things that are untrue or have been unproven... yet still reported as factual:
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/al-sharpt...e-was-nothing/

My comments:

Police let Zimmerman leave with the gun – not true
    Joe S .. The police don’t arrest this murderer for anything… it is not the law… it is the police dept. at fault
    Claims by Harold Ford that Zimmerman was never detained (for questioning)…. Not true
    Joe S… boy (showing 12 yr old pics)… a young man with iced tea and skittles was attacked (not proven… the attack)
    Al Sharpton – states as proof that the 911 tapes prove that Zimmerman was not defending himself, that Zimmerman was pursuing Martin (not proven at this time)
    Mika – How is someone standing their ground when someone (Martin) was screaming for help (unproven at this time)
    Sharpton – The only one who could have been using Stand Their Ground was Trayvon.. (unproven at this time)
    Sharpton – Left Trayvon’s body in the morgue for three days…. They (police) never even took his cell phone to find out who his last calls were to ID Trayvon. The family did not know for three days of Martin's death (not true)
    Scarborough… Police knew Martin was chased, hunted down, screaming for help, and shot to death…The police have not arrested him and they know very clearly Zimmerman was not standing his ground (not true)
    Scarborough… The police have betrayed the public trust, they have acted shamefully (unproven)
    Sharpton confirms to (Harold Ford, Jr.) that for three days the father did not know his son was in the morgue (completely untrue)
    Scarborough – Sounds like they were trying to cover some tracks..(unproven and speculation)
    They drug tested the body…. They did not drug test the shooter (Rev Al)…. (this may be true)
    Last edited by minicooper; 6.10.12 at 7:20 PM.
    MC

Thanks Mini.
    Your posts are always informative and about the facts, not the fiction that the media and "media believers" toss around.
    I can only hope that people learn from this whole circus.
    Learn that the justice system only works when it's left to the courts to decide justice.
    Not the media, not idle speculation, but the law.

Here is the 911 transcript and is the only evidence that is really known. Listen for yourself and decide (not sure why facts are above what Al Sharpton said or who cares)... the facts are that a kid, was mistaken by Zimmermann as a threat to that community...was WRONG. I don't see how anyone could see it any different at this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9A-gp8mrdw

As the recorded 911 phone call is... The dispatcher did tell Zimmermann to wait for the police (listen to the file), which, unless one is being attacked should do. And not to approach a subject, who they decide is up to no good.

Certainly, Zimmermann had a fair amount of concern about to him as to an unknown person in the community.

But, if he had followed the advice of the dispatcher and waited for the police...most likely no one would be dead and no one would be looking at possible criminal charges..and this case will not be anyone's topic.

This case should make it clear to those who join neighborhood association patrols and for the neighborhoods who allow neighbors to patrol (armed or not)... that who ever they sanction those to go out on patrol incurs the risk of all homeoners who pay dues and are members.

If something goes wrong..it's not just the individual, but the association who way also bear the legal burden.

Not a good thing to send neighbor X, Y or Z...out packing heat if they are too cheap to hire a legit and trained company to patrol the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Catstrack View Post
    Here is the 911 transcript and is the only evidence that is really known.
    Um...no.
    There is plenty of other evidence in this case, or it would never have gone to trial.

Re: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Cats.. Listen to it yourself. The whole thing. Zimmerman was already out of his vehicle and on foot before the dispatcher stated we do not need you to follow. Then he remained on the phone with the dispatcher for some time, discussing where he would meet the police, and in the end, that the police would call him. There is no evidence in the discovery released to the public at this time indicating Zimmerman continued to follow. However, even if he had, it is not illegal to do so. Also, as mtj has stated, there is MUCH more evidence than the non-emergency tape of the call Zimmerman made. Again, I think you need to do more homework before you judge.

I also agree, who cares what Al Sharpton thinks... except that he repeatedly LIED on national television and whipped up a racial frenzy pertaining to this case. Many still believe what he was saying, so it is relevant to the discussion, specifically pertaining to so many (including you I will add) having judged this case before it has been judged in a court of law.

I do not know or believe that Zimmerman is guilty or innocent. I simply only know what has been presented as discovery in this case thus far.
    MC

[QUOTE=Catstrack;79545]Here is the 911 transcript and is the only evidence that is really known. (snip)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9A-gp8mrdw

(snip)
    As the recorded 911 phone call is... The dispatcher did tell Zimmermann to wait for the police (listen to the file), which, unless one is being attacked should do. And not to approach a subject, who they decide is up to no good.
    QUOTE]

Cats.. Listen to Zimmerman call to the dispatcher at several key points (see below). And you are wrong.. The dispatcher did not state what you are stating and you are misunderstanding when things occurred. There is NO evidence at this time that Zimmerman pursued Martin after the dispatcher stated he "Did not NEED to do that", something the dispather stated AFTER he had already asked Zimmerman to let him know if Martin did anything else and after Zimmerman had already exited his truck. Listen yourself and see if what I have documented below is not true.

1. Around 1:27, the dispatcher tells Zimmerman to let him know if he (Martin) does anything... then the dispatcher states police are on their way.. andthen again at 1:32, just let me know if this guy does anything else.
    2. At about 2:08, Zimmerman statet that he (Martin) is running, and the dispatcher asks Zimmerman which way he is running. Then you can hear sounds and a door shut about 2:14.. Zimmerman is now out of the truck and trying to see where Martin is going (likely as the dispatcher asked him to let them know if Martin did anything else, and asked which way Martin was running). More questions from the dispatcher... which entrance is he running towards... Zimmerman replies the back entrance. At this time you can hear that Zimmerman's breath has increased as he is trying to follow Martin (but the dispatcher was asking him questions and at no point at this time had the dispatcher asked Zimmerman to stay in his car or to not follow).
    3. 2:25... The dispatcher asks if Zimmerman is following and Zimmerman says yes... the dispatcher states we "OK, We dont need you to do that". Zimmerman states OK... then is asked his name, he replies George, (he states he ran), then his (Zimmerman's) breath begins to subside as he answers more questions.. last name, phone number... The dispatcher asks if Zimmerman wants to meet with the officer and Zimmerman says yes. There is discussion about where to meet, etc. Where he lives, etc., Zimmerman states he does not know the address that he is currently at... the whole rest of the conversation, where Zimmerman is clearly not following as you can tell by his breathing, lasts between 2:25 and the disconnect at about 4:10.

I will state again what I said above re: Sharpton. You claim "What does it matter what Sharpton thinks?" You do realize he caused a national media storm by presenting untruths that many still believe.
    MC