Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Post Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Since when is bond based on the amount of money someone has?
    I thought bond was based on the severity of the crime and flight risk.
    This is just more of the insanity that this case has produced.
    There is nothing fair, or legal going on here.
    Apparently our judicial system is full of hypocrites and totally swayed by media opinion.

Post Re: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Lying to the court is never a good thing. Saying one is indigent when they have 135,000 dollars will be brought to light.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/01/justic...eref=rss_crime

Just don't lie, if one is innocent and if they have money for bond. It won't help if one does lie..

Okay, I will try to state my original point again.
    I thought bond was based on the severity of the crime and flight risk.
    Not on the amount of money one has.

Re: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

mtj and anyone interested... read Talk Left, posts by Jeralyn. She puts everything in the proper perspective (as a defense attorney), as opposed to the media hogwash that keeps rushing to judgment on everything. This whole case has been absolutely absurd. So many lies reported and repeated, even after they have been proven wrong.
    MC

As is going to be a key point in this case is a man carrying a weapon, who was told by the 911 operator to stand down as police were near the site... and he did not. Mistake #1.

#2 was going ahead and approaching, who, if anyone would do...have a concern about a stranger tailing them and why they were.

#3 Zimmerman's later issue was lying about finances as he put up a web site asking for donations for legal council which he did not disclose...shoot, anyone would, too.

True, mtj, it's usually based on flight risk as to bond, but a court has discretion as to what they accept depending on each case. In a case where an innocent person is killed, the klller is the one most subject to evalution under the law, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Catstrack View Post
    In a case where an innocent person is killed, the klller is the one most subject to evalution under the law, maybe.
    A perfect example of how the media and the public have already tried and convicted in this case.
    I'm not sure how anyone who has read the eyewitness accounts (thanks for posting the links, Mini) could surmise that Martin was "innocent".
    And really, it's not for "anyone" to decide that.
    It's up to a jury.
    Which is why we have a legal system, that will never work in this case, because of the unfair slant of the media.
    The media who continues to post pictures of Martin when he was thirteen whenever they report on this case.
    I'm surprised they haven't started using his baby pictures.

Re: Zimmerman's Bond Revoked

Cats.. You are stating things that are not known (and some that are frankly untrue based upon released evidence):

1. Zimmerman was NEVER told to stand down as the police were near the site. Zimmerman was already out of his truck when the non-emergency police dispatcher asked if he was following. When Zimmerman said yes, the dispatcher stated "We don't need you to do that". There is no evidence at this time that proves that Zimmerman continued to follow, and even if he did, it was not illegal for him to do so.

2. You have absolutely no foundation for your mistake number 2 at this time (with the evidence that has been released to the public thus far). The evidence released has no witness that saw the start of the encounter. No one witnessed who approached whom.
    Nonetheless, even if Zimmerman did approach Martin, it was not illegal to do so. If Zimmerman was the initial aggressor, it changes the details around how he can claim self-defense, but still does not mean he cannot claim self-defense. At this time, the evidence released does not prove who was the initial aggressor.

3. The only thing that matters in a self-defense claim is whether the state can prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Zimmerman did not shoot Martin in self-defense, fearing for his own death or great bodily harm. The burden is on the state to do this. From the evidence that has been released thus far, with the exception of the bullet wound and a cut on Martin's knuckle, there are no other wounds to Martin, whereas Zimmerman had wounds to his head and a broken nose, according to the medical reports in the released evidence. It may not seem fair, but this is the way it stands at this time. The released evidence thus far indicates Zimmerman was being beaten by Martin.

4. I have no idea how this financial issue pertaining to the bond will play out. If Zimmerman is found guilty of something pertaining to this, it may work against him in terms of his credibility if the case ever goes to trial. There is much evidence that has not been released and the prosecution has implied that Zimmerman's statements are contradictory and this may also play a big ole.

5. Angela Corey, in many minds of legal professionals, overcharged this case. She stated that this was about justice for Trayvon and stated that she prayed with Trayvon's family. This is NOT the job of a prosecutor. The prosecutor is to charge based upon evidence, not withhold evidence in an affidavit that is exculpatory to the defendant. Angela Corey chose to NOT take the case to the grand jury. She chose to charge herself and she seems to be in some trouble re: this and has been accused of doing so for political gain. If the reports are correct (and I state "if"), she threatened to sue Harvard Law School for slander because Dershowitz has been criticizing her (and, in my opinion, with good reason).

Cats, before you go letting emotions re: this case get the best of you, I suggest you actually do some research based upon the released evidence, as opposed to stating untruths. This is what the media has done in this case... the media has stated untruths that have resulted in the uninformed passing judgment before all facts are known.
    MC

Quote Originally Posted by minicooper View Post
    the media has stated untruths that have resulted in the uninformed passing judgment before all facts are known.
    Thank you Mini.
    That succinctly sums up what is going on with this case.
    And it astounds me, since the media has recanted and come right out and admitted that they reported false information about this case.
    And yet, people keep right on believing the false information that has been recanted.