Thread: We have a new season 11 American Idol

Post We have a new season 11 American Idol

Phillip won!! I'm happy for him

Re: We have a new season 11 American Idol

I am too. Although, I worry about him and his health. I'm not sure if those were happy tears or "what's going to happen now?" tears. I know he has to have surgery on his kidneys ASAP, which means he won't be able to fulfill many of his commitments right away. I don't know, I just got a funny feeling in my stomach when he cried. I'm sure he's happy, but somewhat pensive about the immediate future.

May I just add...Jessica held her own with Jennifer Holliday. Whoa! That was awesome. Loved seeing Aerosmith too.

WTF was up with Jennifer Holliday's mouth and facial expressions? We were all screaming and laughing at her. My friend's daughter said, "I'm going to have nightmares!" And can we talk about Fantasia and Chaka Khan? They both looked like Johnsonville Sausages. Horrible.
    Agent99

Ya, I was a little creeped out by Jennifer Holliday. I wondered if she had a stroke or something. It looked unreal.

Post Re: We have a new season 11 American Idol

Congrats to Philip, but I thought he looked unwell all night. I admit to tearing up when he was singing at the end and then went down to hug his family...he seemed very emotional. It must have been hard for him to concentrate on winning when he knows he is facing surgery. He seems like a nice fellow, and I only watched sporadically this season, but people are wondering if a Girl will EVER win Idol again? The last 4 seasons have had a "white guy with guitar" win, and it doesnt seem like any of them are big successes...Adam Lambert sold more albums than Kris Allen and the biggest names to come out of the show are still Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.
    And ITA about Jennifer Holliday , what was wrong with her mouth and I had to push the Mute button when she was "screeching", and Fantasia looked Terrible! Hope Philip's health holds out and he can go on Tour with the rest of the Cast.
    PS: Oh yay, was that marriage proposal from Ace Young the cheesiest thing ever?!

I had no idea that Phillip had to have surgery. I knew he had problems earlier in the season..kidney stones right? Thought it was taken care of. Oh Fantasia...geeze, she looked horrible.