Thread: April 25...6 perform

Post April 25...6 perform

It was Queen night...one song by Queen and the other of their choice:

1). Jessica. For The Queen choice, she picked Bohemian Rhapsody. I've always loved that song..depressing sorta, but good. I thought she did very well, but the judges were a bit critical. Her second song...Dance with my Father was very moving...well done. She definitely is more of a ballad type singer. She looked lovely..loved her outfits. I'm beginning to think she's falling a bit though...tonight wasn't one of my favs.

2). Skylar...For the Queen's song...The Show must go On...good job. Her second song..her choice..of course was country and she did a wonderful job. It put a smile on my face. She has such stage presence...a natural up there. Great job

3). Joshua... Oh wow..both songs...amazing. He got a standing O from the judges on both performances! he wowed me once again!

4). Elise...She did a good job tonight. I love her voice...it's sorta raspy..like a Janis Joplin. Just not sure if she'll make it much further though. I like her..but not sure the majority does.

5). Phillip... His first song was great... his choice song..I didn't get it! I like him..but he is not one of my top favs.

6). Hollie... She did ok... but she's just forgettable to me.

My overall fav for the night was Joshua..with Skylar in second.

Bottom three... hmmm...maybe Hollie, Phillip and Elise..but Jessica might be in the bottom again too.

Re: April 25...6 perform

My picks were Joshua and Skylar as well. If I were the one choosing who should go home based on last night's performances, I would have to pick Hollie with Phillip right on her heels.

Hollie is doing better, but as you said, she's a bit forgettable. She's not as strong as she seemed to be earlier in the competition and during the audition rounds. Not sure why.

Phillip's second song was not good to me at all. I was surprised the judges liked it. It's times like this that we need Simon to tell it like it is...LOL! I'd hate to see Phillip go since we only have two boys left AND he is very likable, but his songs all sound the same anymore.

I can't believe the media is making such a big deal about Ryan embarrassing Julianne over Phillip. I thought it was funny.

Ok..I missed Ryan embarassed whom? Who's Julianne?

Julianne Hough is Ryan's girlfriend. She used to be on Dancing with the Stars. Here is what was said by Ryan to Phillip:

"We were backstage and you (Phillip) ran past my girlfriend and she sighed and blushed," Seacrest told Phillips, 21, after his performance of Dave Matthews Band's "The Stone." Added the Idol host: "I think I heard her say 'yummy.'"
    As the camera panned to an embarrassed Hough backstage, Seacrest -- who fought through illness to host the two-hour show -- told her playfully: "We'll talk about this later, darling."

Oh...ok, ha ha ha